Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22 33 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Libby S.’s Avatar
Libby S. Nov 20 43 views

What are some important steps to take in order to have a career in writing?

I'm thinking of going into a writing career....

#writing

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16 87 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#florida #writing #journalism #creative-writing #polkcounty #writer #author

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14 29 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. #college #art #writing #dance...

#author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13 54 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#writing #journalism #author

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Sep 14 121 views

Need advice-feel zoned out all the time and worried about failing

So, I'm in my 2nd year of college. I almost got suspended semester and I'm ashamed of myself. And I worry it may really happen and I feel so silly. I'd describe my problem as being..zoned out? And I'm not sure how to stop it. I can't even read half the time. I know how to read, but when I try...

#time-management #student #college #writing

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08 59 views

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#publishing #writing

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Aug 02 52 views

What tips are out there for a new creative writing club?

This upcoming school year, I'll be a senior. I'm trying to build up a creative writing club so I can teach other students and share the same passion. What tips would others like to share of having a good creative writing club? #writing #creative-writing...

#new

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20 91 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalist #writing #journalism #author #books #reporting #reading #english

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07 96 views

Creative Writing work in a limited market?

Little Rock via NYC... #creative-writing #writing #journalism...

#writer

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30 263 views

What are affordable ways I can become proficient in online self-marketing?

I have a website, but because of my lack of technological know-how, it’s pretty lame. I’m looking for a way to get myself known in the creative writing community. #writing #technology #marketing #self-promotion...

#author

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30 80 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. #creative-writing #writing...

#author

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Jun 14 57 views

What should I take most advantage of at my writing summer programs?

I'm going to be taking a Great Books and Creative Writing summer program in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering what are some things that I should absolutely be doing to make sure I take full advantage of these programs? #writing #creative-writing...

#summer

Ali M.’s Avatar
Ali M. Jun 07 57 views

How can I find an editor to check my short film script?

Hi, This is my first experience in script writing. I tried to keep it as close as possible to the standard format. However, I'm not sure if I followed the standards correctly. I appreciate if somebody with experience could help. Thanks...

#writing

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16 149 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#higher-education #school #teacher #writing #military #writer #author #high-school #student #air-force #english #debate #any #educator #college #ap #classes #acting #schedule

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17 101 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

#literarture #english

Paola M.’s Avatar
Paola M. Apr 16 111 views

What is the best way to become a writer?

I love to read and write and I wouldn't mind working in a field that involves that such as publishing and editing. But I would like to write my own books or be a writer in a some type of magazine. What would be the best way to get my writing noticed and successful? I would like to major in...

#books #writing #english #literature #columnist #author

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16 100 views

Are ACT Prep Classes really that helpful?

I need an ACT score of at least 30 to get into a military academy. From my PSAT score, I'll probably get a 28. Will an ACT Prep class actually raise my score by two points or more? Thanks! #college #military #military #act #art #physics #air-force #navy #marines #theater #act #career #test...

#education #writing #math #ap #academy #language #high-school #reading #english

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08 100 views

Best Creative Tech

What are the best kind of devices to take on the go for art/writing/anything artistic? I've heard you should get devices that have no internet access and then others say to get devices with lots of fancy apps. Advice? #writing #college #art #writer...

#tech

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 08 93 views

Creative Equipment

What is the best tech for writers? I've been told that you need special programs to help fact-check, plaigarize-check, etc. Is this true? And if so, does this tech really help? #writing #creative-writing #author #writer...

#tech

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05 103 views

Self Publish or Pitch?

I've heard it both ways: pitch your book. Self-publish. Which is better to do first? Publishers have declared they like unknowns, while others want authors with a following already? Which path is more lucrative and advisable for a young author just starting out? #write #writer #youngauthor...

#writing #selfpublish #author #publishing #teenauthor

Trinity G.’s Avatar
Trinity G. Mar 05 78 views

What is YA?

I am a teenager who enjoys writing, but I often find myself frustrated by the books on the YA shelf as the majority of them seem to be only romance or a romance with thinly veiled fantasy/dystopian elements thrown on top of it. I enjoy writing whatever I want, but I'm wondering if my historical...

#writing #teenauthor #writer #youngadult #ya #author #write

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 267 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#work-environment #writing #help #advice #career-help #work #college-student #college #journalism #career-counseling #stress #job #burnout #job-environment #career #work-life-balance #career-advice #student-advice

maurice W.’s Avatar
maurice W. Jan 17 115 views

where are some good publishing companies for articles and novels?

I'm currently making a novel and would like to know any sources that can get the word out about it....

#writing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 196 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#writing #help #technical-writing #advice #student #career-help #creative-writing #career-planning #work #career-choice #college #journalism #career-counseling #following-your-passions #editing #job #career #writing-and-editing #work-life-balance #publishing #career-path #career-advice #student-advice