Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Jasmine R.’s Avatar
Jasmine R. Apr 18 141 views

How do I pick just one career path?

Hi, I honestly have no idea what career would be best for me. One I could succeed in, I want to be a nurse but at the same time a photographer and a writer. I do write stories because I have a lot of ideas in my head, and photography my dad got me into that and I love it. I am only in high...

Zoe L.’s Avatar
Zoe L. Mar 11 114 views

How do you come up with a good plot for your story?

say I was in the middle of writing a story, and I already had all of my characters and setting . How then would I come up with a plot line in which to use said characters?

Clory W.’s Avatar
Clory W. Mar 02 119 views

How to Receive Copywriting Feedbacks

I've just started to learn how to do copywriting. I read some books in the past months and I've subscribed to some newsletters and Youtube channels that feature this topic. With these content I was able to learn more about marketing techniques, human psychology and behavior. I've tried writing...

Zoe L.’s Avatar
Zoe L. Feb 23 134 views

What kinds of things are publishers not going to like?

If I gave a publisher my fantasy story, what kinds of things would he like or dislike?
#writing

Zoe L.’s Avatar
Zoe L. Feb 23 91 views

How hard is it to get a story published?

#writing
If I was to try to publish a fantasy novel, how hard would it be?

Julie D.’s Avatar
Julie D. Feb 09 106 views

To be a writer how many years do you have to go to college for?

I'm in 10th grade at Spectrum High school and I love writing. #writing

Julie D.’s Avatar
Julie D. Feb 09 105 views

What college shound I go to if I want to become a writer in the future?

I'm in 10th grade at Spectrum High School and I've been interested in writing for a while. I've written so many stories throughout the years and it makes me happy just putting my thoughts and feelings into a story for people to read and enjoy. #Writing

Anna V.’s Avatar
Anna V. Jan 26 157 views

Journalist Ideas

I am currently thinking about being a journalist after my studies. But I didn't really well know about being in this career. Is it hard or if you don't mind can you share your thoughts and knowledge about this professjion. #writing #college #journalism

Riya J.’s Avatar
Riya J. Jan 10 209 views

I'm interested in more than one subject and i don't understand what I should choose for my uni course.

Hey! I'm interested in eng lit, psychology, philosophy, films and media, performing arts -dancing and acting, theatre. I'm so torn apart as I'm not able to choose properly. I want to go with my passion but also want to be able to monetize it. Can somebody please guide me? #writing...

Nada A.’s Avatar
Nada A. Jan 09 197 views

I want to go into journalism but its not that encouraging from the things ive seen. Any advice on how to start from grade 11 to try and make that happen?

I love writing more than anything and I've always wanted to go into something that has to do with it. I have always liked spreading the word on recent events or social issues and I think journalism is the best way to do this. I would really like to pursue it in university but I've heard its...

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Jan 01 275 views

I plan on writing my first screeplay in 2022. However, I'm not sure whether to write a tv or movie script for my first screenplay?

I have many ideas that could be either a tv script or a movie script. However, just curious, what does the entertainment/film industry value more? TV or Movie Screenplays? I am struggling on my decision. I plan to use the script to submit to writing competitions and apply to grad film school....

Sid R.’s Avatar
Sid R. Dec 01, 2021 147 views

How to get better at remembering words in English type it.

Saying words is english is easy but writing it can be hard need more practice. #english #writing

Yasmine M.’s Avatar
Yasmine M. Nov 16, 2021 356 views

What to write on my personal statement, for marketing?

I am writing my personal statement, therefore I would like some tips on how to properly write it.
#marketing #business #university #personalstatement #write #college #writing

Kaden C.’s Avatar
Kaden C. Nov 05, 2021 163 views

What careers can you have if you have musical theater degree?

I’m a senior at Dayspring christian school. I enjoy reading, musical theater, writing, history, helping people, telling people about God, and sports. I have not decided what I would like to do as a career after high school. #creative-writing #writing #college #journalism #football...

Kaden C.’s Avatar
Kaden C. Nov 01, 2021 177 views

What should I do for a career?

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 20, 2021 155 views

How can I become more motivated to read or write?

Sometimes I feel as though I have no motivation to read or write, even though I enjoy it. Does anyone know how I can gain that motivation? Thanks!

#reading #writing #motivation

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 19, 2021 183 views

How do books get published?

One thing I never understood is how books get published after writing them, does anyone know what happens? Thanks!

#author #writing #publishing

Kalysta L.’s Avatar
Kalysta L. Oct 19, 2021 171 views

Would it be possible for someone to have two careers at once and not have it be too stressful?

I'm a junior in highschool and I'm interested in being a teacher and author, but I would like to know from any professionals if that would be too stressful. Thanks!

#teaching #writing #stress

Brielle M.’s Avatar
Brielle M. Oct 17, 2021 233 views

What are best ways to break into the copywriting industry?

I currently work in the mortgage field, but I am passionate about #writing and am looking to make a career shift. I am unsure how I can break into the writing field with no experience.

Camryn M.’s Avatar
Camryn M. Oct 08, 2021 263 views

What goes along with being a investigative journalist

At school,I am most interested writing and psychology.I like watching crime shows and seeing how they use forensic evidence to solve the crime .A topic that im am interested in is writing and researching certain interest of mine. What are some careers options that best align with these...

stephanie L.’s Avatar
stephanie L. Oct 06, 2021 191 views

How do you stay motivated or make yourself do something?

I'm a senior in high school, and applying for colleges and writing responses for PIQs has been a struggle. Everyday, I know I need to do them but I can't find myself to get up and actually do them. I try to have a positive outlook on them, but I still feel the dread and pressure of doing it. It...