Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 72 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#author #college #editing #writer #creative-writing #copywriting #writing #journalism

Alethia H.’s Avatar
Alethia H. Apr 23 146 views

How do I keep myself productive in other ways than studying and writing during quarantine?

Hi, i'm Alethia, currently a 19 year old graduated from a local polytechnic this year. Currently, I have been writing and self-studying online materials with topics such as philosophy, psychology and foreign languages. However...I can still feel bored from time to time. Would you like to...

#self-studying #advice #writing #bored

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Apr 22 104 views

How do I find an online co-op/work placement?

I am looking for a 12 week co-op program/work placement in technical writing for school. How would I go about finding an online opportunity at this time? #writing #technical-writing #job-hunt...

#internships

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22 138 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing...

#ya

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22 102 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14 172 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#networking #online #writing

Jody K.’s Avatar
Jody K. Apr 10 112 views

Improve academic writing

Hi, I am currently a University student studying something related to social sciences. The course mostly requires me to write a lot of academic essays which I have a lot of trouble in. The main problem with my essays relate to being clear and coherent, and critical writing. Although I spoke...

#writing

Anthony H.’s Avatar
Anthony H. Apr 07 145 views

Are there any jobs for Creative Writing majors?

I'm a senior Creative Writing major at Stephen F. Austin State University. I'm close to my graduation date and I was wondering what possible jobs are out there for people in my degree field. #college #college-major #writing #creative-writing...

#job

Coleton H.’s Avatar
Coleton H. Apr 04 119 views
Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28 108 views
Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 105 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Esther G.’s Avatar
Esther G. Mar 18 96 views

I'm an undergraduate who wants to write about so many things especially about the feminine gender, motivational write-ups but I don't know how to start

I'm a young lady of 22yrs. An undergraduate who is studying English and Literary studies. I love writing but I don't know how to start, i also enjoy helping and guiding people through just like the less privilege ones, community service,hours for youth empowerment but I don't know how to start...

#career #writing

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09 117 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#journalism #scripting #writing

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05 108 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. #acting #theater #art #media...

#writing

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 125 views

What are the best books to read?

U of T student, biology and psychology major. #psychology #college #writing #college-major...

#criminal-justice

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 126 views

What social stigma does society need to get over?

Biology and psychology major #psychology #biology #science...

#writing

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08 212 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#author #college #passion #acting #dancing #art #law #civilrightslawyer #advice #stories #writing #drama #lawyer

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jan 03 163 views

What is your favorite type of writing to edit?

And why is it your favorite? #editing #publishing...

#writing

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 144 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Libby S.’s Avatar
Libby S. Nov 20, 2019 117 views

What are some important steps to take in order to have a career in writing?

I'm thinking of going into a writing career....

#writing

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 177 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#author #writer #creative-writing #florida #writing #journalism #polkcounty

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14, 2019 104 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. #college #art #writing #dance...

#author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 132 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#author #journalism #writing

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Sep 14, 2019 212 views

Need advice-feel zoned out all the time and worried about failing

So, I'm in my 2nd year of college. I almost got suspended semester and I'm ashamed of myself. And I worry it may really happen and I feel so silly. I'd describe my problem as being..zoned out? And I'm not sure how to stop it. I can't even read half the time. I know how to read, but when I try...

#student #time-management #college #writing