Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18 68 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#career-counseling #traveling #high-school #media #career #creative #english #writing #business

Abby F.’s Avatar
Abby F. Sep 17 43 views

Are there any writing tips for young authors?

I’m currently writing a book, and am looking toward publishing in the future. Is there anything I can do to make sure my writing it at it’s best? #writing #authors...

#publishing

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 26 57 views

What are some good careers for people interested in history, writing, and journalism?

I am currently a college student, and I am not sure what career I want to pursue. I am interested in multiple subjects including writing, history, and journalism. Is there a career that combines these things? What are some of the best careers in these subjects? #history #writing...

#career

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 68 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#sustainability #environmental-science #lawyers #law #environmental-law #english #july20 #science #writing #environment

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 75 views

What skills are the most desirable in a book editor?

I'm about to be a senior in college. I love college, and I try my hardest in classes, job, and extracurricular activities to develop as a person. I hope that the things I am learning help with being a book editor. What qualities do think are vital to being a good book editor? #july20...

#publishing #book-editing #creative-writing #book-editor #writing

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 87 views

What are the difficulties in becoming/being a book editor?

I'm interested in being a book editor. I know that every career has its challenges, but because I don't have many book editors to talk to, I don't know what challenges book editors have. What difficulties happen in the job search and job itself? Thank you! #july20 #book-editor #book-editing...

#creative-writing #writing

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23 63 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

#book #stories #controversial #writing #july20

RONG K.’s Avatar
RONG K. Jul 19 79 views
Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14 169 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#history #college #medical #writing

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 135 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#editing #author #college #creative-writing #copywriting #writing #writer #journalism

Alethia H.’s Avatar
Alethia H. Apr 23 168 views

How do I keep myself productive in other ways than studying and writing during quarantine?

Hi, i'm Alethia, currently a 19 year old graduated from a local polytechnic this year. Currently, I have been writing and self-studying online materials with topics such as philosophy, psychology and foreign languages. However...I can still feel bored from time to time. Would you like to...

#advice #bored #writing #self-studying

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Apr 22 124 views

How do I find an online co-op/work placement?

I am looking for a 12 week co-op program/work placement in technical writing for school. How would I go about finding an online opportunity at this time? #writing #technical-writing #job-hunt...

#internships

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22 157 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing...

#ya

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22 124 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14 197 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#networking #online #writing

Jody K.’s Avatar
Jody K. Apr 10 120 views

Improve academic writing

Hi, I am currently a University student studying something related to social sciences. The course mostly requires me to write a lot of academic essays which I have a lot of trouble in. The main problem with my essays relate to being clear and coherent, and critical writing. Although I spoke...

#writing

Anthony H.’s Avatar
Anthony H. Apr 07 165 views

Are there any jobs for Creative Writing majors?

I'm a senior Creative Writing major at Stephen F. Austin State University. I'm close to my graduation date and I was wondering what possible jobs are out there for people in my degree field. #college #college-major #writing #creative-writing...

#job

Coleton H.’s Avatar
Coleton H. Apr 04 138 views
Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28 133 views
Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 122 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Esther G.’s Avatar
Esther G. Mar 18 110 views

I'm an undergraduate who wants to write about so many things especially about the feminine gender, motivational write-ups but I don't know how to start

I'm a young lady of 22yrs. An undergraduate who is studying English and Literary studies. I love writing but I don't know how to start, i also enjoy helping and guiding people through just like the less privilege ones, community service,hours for youth empowerment but I don't know how to start...

#writing #career

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09 138 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#scripting #journalism #writing

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05 127 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. #acting #theater #art #media...

#writing