Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28 43 views
Taya Y.’s Avatar
Taya Y. Mar 18 46 views

What are the best courses I should take through grade 11 and 12 to become a journalist?

I am currently in grade 10, and I would really like to become a journalist. Writing has always been my passion, and I would love to spend the rest of my life doing it. #writing #journalism #highschoolplan #college...

#career-advice

Esther G.’s Avatar
Esther G. Mar 18 55 views

I'm an undergraduate who wants to write about so many things especially about the feminine gender, motivational write-ups but I don't know how to start

I'm a young lady of 22yrs. An undergraduate who is studying English and Literary studies. I love writing but I don't know how to start, i also enjoy helping and guiding people through just like the less privilege ones, community service,hours for youth empowerment but I don't know how to start...

#writing #career

Brice J.’s Avatar
Brice J. Mar 09 64 views

What are some prerequisites that you feel are mandatory to have in the field of literature and journalism?

I'm very reserved and reticent, but with that comes a serene mindset able to endure the crudest of times that require absurd patience. I am willing to partake in any tribulation or lengthy assignment if it corresponds with my will. My linguistic skill in my native tongue is rather astute, but I...

#writing #scripting #journalism

Siva S.’s Avatar
Siva S. Mar 05 64 views

How do I start off working in the media?

Hi I am interested and fascinated by the things that go on in the media more than anything and I believe that is where my passion lies but am so nervous of failing and ending up with nothing. #acting #theater #art #media...

#writing

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 73 views

What are the best books to read?

U of T student, biology and psychology major. #psychology #college #writing #college-major...

#criminal-justice

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 74 views

What social stigma does society need to get over?

Biology and psychology major #psychology #biology #science...

#writing

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08 118 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#lawyer #law #civilrightslawyer #author #acting #passion #advice #college #writing #stories #drama #art #dancing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Jan 03 129 views

What is your favorite type of writing to edit?

And why is it your favorite? #editing #publishing...

#writing

Madison P.’s Avatar
Madison P. Nov 22, 2019 105 views

How do I begin networking to become a writer/editor for novels?

I am a young writer trying to figure out how to kick it off as a career. #writing #communication #author...

#journalism

Libby S.’s Avatar
Libby S. Nov 20, 2019 83 views

What are some important steps to take in order to have a career in writing?

I'm thinking of going into a writing career....

#writing

Ashley C.’s Avatar
Ashley C. Nov 16, 2019 136 views

How do I go about developing a published writing portfolio as a new writer?

If I've never published a book before, what are some good first steps? After all, not all writing now is in books but also short form media, copywriting, articles, etc. I've got a blog I'm updating regularly and I like connecting with my fellow writers. I genuinely both love and hate writing...

#polkcounty #journalism #writing #writer #author #creative-writing #florida

alexis C.’s Avatar
alexis C. Nov 14, 2019 71 views

what classes should i take in high school to help me become a lawyer

i like arguing, money, and i play volleyball and soccer. i take two ap classes ap government and english i’m also good at math. i don’t do well in science but i’m really good at art and drawing. #college #art #writing #dance...

#author

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 13, 2019 91 views

How can I become a journalist/author/writer for psychology research?

I am a high school senior with a passion for psychology and a knack for writing. I am looking to major in psychology. Should I minor or dual major in English, or another field? What else do I need to pursue in order to accomplish this? #psychology #college-major #english #research-psychology...

#writing #journalism #author

Samantha R.’s Avatar
Samantha R. Sep 14, 2019 168 views

Need advice-feel zoned out all the time and worried about failing

So, I'm in my 2nd year of college. I almost got suspended semester and I'm ashamed of myself. And I worry it may really happen and I feel so silly. I'd describe my problem as being..zoned out? And I'm not sure how to stop it. I can't even read half the time. I know how to read, but when I try...

#student #college #writing #time-management

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08, 2019 105 views

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#writing #publishing

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Aug 02, 2019 85 views

What tips are out there for a new creative writing club?

This upcoming school year, I'll be a senior. I'm trying to build up a creative writing club so I can teach other students and share the same passion. What tips would others like to share of having a good creative writing club? #writing #creative-writing...

#new

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Feb 20, 2019 129 views

What should I research on journalisim?

I want to know what type of books I should look for. I'm in 4th grade and doing a career project. And the career I am focused on is a Journalist. I don't know what to research and I need some ideas or suggestions for types of books I should get/ read. Make it appropriate for a 10 year old....

#journalism #english #books #author #reading #writing #reporting #journalist

Dylan J.’s Avatar
Dylan J. Jul 07, 2019 130 views
Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 314 views

What are affordable ways I can become proficient in online self-marketing?

I have a website, but because of my lack of technological know-how, it’s pretty lame. I’m looking for a way to get myself known in the creative writing community. #writing #technology #marketing #self-promotion...

#author

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Jun 30, 2019 109 views

What are the ways to make good money as a creative writer?

I am going to have an M.F.A. in Creative Writing, and ideally would like to use that degree to get paid to write fiction. #creative-writing #writing...

#author

Emily G.’s Avatar
Emily G. Jun 14, 2019 84 views

What should I take most advantage of at my writing summer programs?

I'm going to be taking a Great Books and Creative Writing summer program in a couple of weeks. I've been wondering what are some things that I should absolutely be doing to make sure I take full advantage of these programs? #writing #creative-writing...

#summer

Ali M.’s Avatar
Ali M. Jun 07, 2019 76 views

How can I find an editor to check my short film script?

Hi, This is my first experience in script writing. I tried to keep it as close as possible to the standard format. However, I'm not sure if I followed the standards correctly. I appreciate if somebody with experience could help. Thanks...

#writing

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Apr 16, 2019 183 views

Debate vs AP Literature and Composition

In my school instead of a Language Arts Class, you can take Debate. Would it be better to be on Debate and the Debate team, or should I stick with a hard class like APLAC? I also have the option of taking college English or Business Communications. What's the option for college applications?...

#english #student #higher-education #author #schedule #air-force #writing #military #any #teacher #debate #high-school #classes #acting #college #educator #school #ap #writer

paola M.’s Avatar
paola M. Apr 17, 2019 135 views

What are some steps in becoming a successful writer? What should I major in?

I would like to be a writer some day and I would like to know how to get my writing out there, how to be noticed. I will be going to college next year in the fall and I was thinking or majoring in English literature. Would that be a good major? #writing #college #author #college-major #books...

#literarture #english