Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Christie T.’s Avatar
Christie T. Nov 09 102 views

I really have no clue what I should do for my career. Any suggestions?

I love to read and I love to write. I would love to be a writer but I think my best shot at getting close to that would to become an editor. I am a division 1 college gymnast and I want to try to become a stunt performer for film but these career choices are not very reliable at all....

#careers #film #writing

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05 68 views

I'm stuck between becoming an Author, Director or Actor

I'm a Junior in high school and right now I'm a bit stuck on which career I want to pursuit. I do love to write and come up with stories. Lately I've become more interested on how shows are made and what directors do to make a show happen. Then I'm interested in acting because I've been taking...

#actor #writing #director

dianenyelis P.’s Avatar
dianenyelis P. Oct 06 126 views

How can I be accepted to work online?

my name is dianenyelis I am 17 by 18, I really like to write short books and short stories, but what I like the most about literature is poetry and research papers and then make them public as tips or informative data. I study on the university ; in the career of public accounting #career...

#writing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10 73 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

#childrensbooks #editing #books #publishing #selfpublish #writing

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18 202 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#high-school #creative #writing #media #career-counseling #business #traveling #career #english

Abby F.’s Avatar
Abby F. Sep 17 115 views

Are there any writing tips for young authors?

I’m currently writing a book, and am looking toward publishing in the future. Is there anything I can do to make sure my writing it at it’s best? #writing #authors...

#publishing

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 26 97 views

What are some good careers for people interested in history, writing, and journalism?

I am currently a college student, and I am not sure what career I want to pursue. I am interested in multiple subjects including writing, history, and journalism. Is there a career that combines these things? What are some of the best careers in these subjects? #history #writing...

#career

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 86 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#lawyers #july20 #writing #science #environment #law #environmental-law #sustainability #environmental-science #english

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 101 views

What skills are the most desirable in a book editor?

I'm about to be a senior in college. I love college, and I try my hardest in classes, job, and extracurricular activities to develop as a person. I hope that the things I am learning help with being a book editor. What qualities do think are vital to being a good book editor? #july20...

#book-editing #writing #publishing #creative-writing #book-editor

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31 146 views

What are the difficulties in becoming/being a book editor?

I'm interested in being a book editor. I know that every career has its challenges, but because I don't have many book editors to talk to, I don't know what challenges book editors have. What difficulties happen in the job search and job itself? Thank you! #july20 #book-editor #book-editing...

#creative-writing #writing

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23 99 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

#july20 #stories #writing #controversial #book

RONG K.’s Avatar
RONG K. Jul 19 114 views
Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14 198 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#history #writing #medical #college

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29 201 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#journalism #college #writing #writer #editing #copywriting #creative-writing #author

Alethia H.’s Avatar
Alethia H. Apr 23 192 views

How do I keep myself productive in other ways than studying and writing during quarantine?

Hi, i'm Alethia, currently a 19 year old graduated from a local polytechnic this year. Currently, I have been writing and self-studying online materials with topics such as philosophy, psychology and foreign languages. However...I can still feel bored from time to time. Would you like to...

#bored #advice #writing #self-studying

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Apr 22 142 views

How do I find an online co-op/work placement?

I am looking for a 12 week co-op program/work placement in technical writing for school. How would I go about finding an online opportunity at this time? #writing #technical-writing #job-hunt...

#internships

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22 176 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing...

#ya

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22 139 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Apr 14 242 views

What is being a copywriter like?

What are the work hours for you? Are you self employed or work for a company? How do you come up with convincing scripts? Do you work in teams or on your own? Do you work remotely or on site? #work #career #marketing #business #advertising #advertisement #copywriting #copywriter #sales #job...

#writing #networking #online

Jody K.’s Avatar
Jody K. Apr 10 131 views

Improve academic writing

Hi, I am currently a University student studying something related to social sciences. The course mostly requires me to write a lot of academic essays which I have a lot of trouble in. The main problem with my essays relate to being clear and coherent, and critical writing. Although I spoke...

#writing

Anthony H.’s Avatar
Anthony H. Apr 07 185 views

Are there any jobs for Creative Writing majors?

I'm a senior Creative Writing major at Stephen F. Austin State University. I'm close to my graduation date and I was wondering what possible jobs are out there for people in my degree field. #college #college-major #writing #creative-writing...

#job

Coleton H.’s Avatar
Coleton H. Apr 04 154 views
Ashley A.’s Avatar
Ashley A. Mar 28 156 views