Career questions tagged writing

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Joshua301 views

How do I self-publish my book?

I have been trying to find out ways how to self publish but I was never able to find out how to do it. I was wondering if someone could help me/

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia289 views

What classes are useful if I want to become a book editor or publisher?

I have always loved the idea of being an editor or even a publisher for books and I am very curious what future college classes would be useful for that career.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chetsada306 views

How do I make effective and engaging scripts?

Hello! I am a 2nd year Biomedical Engineering student, however, I am looking to start content creating and script-writing on the side. Any tips? Thanks #Spring24

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua425 views

I want to be a Singer, Songwriter, Dancer, Actor, and Author. Is it possible to do them all?

I’ve seen many people that have done it. Like Kim K. She does so much and so well. I want to know if I can do all the things I love to do and keep a personal life and keep myself from going insane from all the work.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Andrea210 views

How can I better incorporate my photography with symbolism?

Im in 8th grade and have been taking photographs in a portfolio for a while, and I also like to write. But when I try to take pictures, I want to create a bigger meaning. How can I do that?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua191 views

Can I publish a Short Story or Novel at my age(14)? And can I make some money off of it?

I like to write short stories and I am now writing a book. Is it possible to produce and make money off of it? And can I even publish it at my age(14)?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dorothy143 views

How did you develop your writing style?

I'm going through imposter syndrome-- with writing. I feel like my writing in general has improved substantially since I first started taking it seriously, but I feel like it's not authentically me. What are some tips for young writers developing their writing style and voice? Thanks.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua207 views

How do I publish a Novel or Short Story?

I have been writing short stories and I am now writing a book. I want to know how i can publish it at my age(14).

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yanic299 views

What are the steps for writing a publication?#spring24

I wish to write up publications but I don't know how to go about it, any tips on how to start and finish will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance #spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Pearl301 views

How do I write very short stories to animate?

So I wanted to post small animation content on social media like Instagram and LinkedIn. But I find it hard to create a good content strategy. I don't know where to start with writing, what kind of story will be good, or how to keep it short. I would really appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sophia389 views

What are some jobs I can get in writing other than journalism ?

Any tips for poets/authors?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Paige226 views

How do I break into the media/journalism field as a non-art major?

My name is Paige and I'm a 2nd year Psychology student and I want to know what steps I should be taking to break into the journalism field. I feel like my major doesn't really offer many art based opportunities.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shemye272 views

How can you write a magazine article?

How best can a person write a magazine article?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
hayden347 views

how did you know what to write?

I'm stuck and dont know what to do

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
James282 views

What are the chances?

I would like to know the likely hood of winning the western Viz media competition: you submit a one shot of your story which showcases your art for a possible position on the weekly Shonen I've been drawing for about 10 years and I'm 15, I've also been writing a lot of stories with imagery for about 2 years, I'm mostly self taught in both fields but I've from others work mainly people I admire in the this field of work.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caleb359 views

Can you share some tips for navigating a career transition, particularly from one industry to another??

Can you share some tips for navigating a career transition, particularly from one industry to another?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kayla287 views

How do I become a digital editor?

I wanna be a digital editor like create designs, graphic designs, drawing, sketching and etc. I also have a passion for being an author or an illustrator as I got inspiration into writing my own books even in the process of getting it published. However, I wanna know how to get my book published.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Movindee390 views

How do I improve my communication skills to become a confident and a successful engineer in the field of construction?

Hi I'm a final year civil engineering student at University of Technology Sydney. I'm a fee paying international student who's first language is not English. However I speak very good english since I had the exposure to it. How do I improve my communication skills to become a confident and a successful engineer in the field of constriction?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mhiz Benny403 views

I would love to explore writing on my own digitally but am feeling the need to go to college and get a degree,would that make a difference?

#Spring24

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lex252 views

What do screenwriters do (their full job) ?

What do screenwriters do? Do they just write scripts or come up with the movie/ show idea and write for the script? Also who do they work with? Like directors, producers.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kieran685 views

How can I get started in freelance writing?

I'm a high school senior who is graduating high school who is looking to make money to help pay my college tuition and my only experience is writing essays for class

answer icon13 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
malovi343 views

how to be more creative?

reading more books

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours353 views

How to become a Freelance Writer?

Share your journey & guide aspiring Freelance Writers on their path! Note: We've seen a lot of interest in this career, so we're looking for guidance from our community of professionals.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Vidal348 views

How to become proficient in copy writing and SEO content writing ?

I am a beginner looking for guidance in SEO content and copy writing, with these skills I can become skilled in the said fields and get jobs to kick start my career.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bankole238 views

Where can i find Active directory projects to build on plus to include in my resume?

Question writing tips

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aurora285 views

I have so many good stories and I think they would be good as an actual book. How can I get a book published ?

I love wrighting on my free time, and some of the stuff I wright is really good and I feel like it would be such a good book. I don't really know how to publing a book and don't really understand the rules of copying/copyright. Also if you have ever bounded a book yourself what are some tips you have because I kind of what to try it.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sarah426 views

As an English major, would Psychology be beneficial to me?

I am planning on getting my BA in English-Creative Writing and Professional writing but I also have an interest in Psychology. I plan on doing Journalism and working with either a paper or magazine while also doing my own book.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isabella347 views

What jobs could I get with an English degree?

I like English, but other than writing books or articles, what else can I do? Would this be a degree that I have lots of options for my future?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Davise567 views

What is a best fit for an artistic teenager?

What is a good fit for an artistic teenager? Who is very artistic and wants to earn money. I only joined evolve me because it was Kool, I want to earn money and buy/earn stuff. I am not very good at writing. I cant write a paragraph for heck.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jackie458 views

How should I build a resume and portfolio for work I didn't get a degree in??

I am about to graduate with a Business Admin degree, but took on a part-time Content Coordinator role for a print magazine. I really enjoy being a part of the magazine, but I don't want to restart my degree for journalism. What advice would you give to someone who wants to start freelancing themselves as a business writer/in publications to build a resume and portfolio, and how do I go about marketing myself to new clients?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon