Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

Madison R.’s Avatar
Madison R. Mar 02 45 views

What is a good editing process for essays?

I have been struggling to get my writings to the best they can be. When I write I use Microsoft Word and then I use Google Docs for editing. I do not know if this is a good way to write or not. #writing...

#creative-writing

Derven H.’s Avatar
Derven H. Feb 26 19 views
Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24 49 views

What are the best college majors for pursuing a writing career?

I'm a sophmore in highschool who is very passionate about writing! In fact, its the only thing I want to do all day, everyday forever! But as I get closer to graduating and thinking about college, I'm not sure which majors would be best for me to take in order to enhance my writing skills. So...

#college #high-school #author #writing

Moon M.’s Avatar
Moon M. Jan 21 60 views

What are some tips for an author?

What are some tips you recommend for me that I should know as an author?...

#writing

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 33 views

What does it take to write a book?

I'm Ms. Balint at the International Community School. My 2nd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!...

#writing

John Lloyd B.’s Avatar
John Lloyd B. Dec 26, 2020 226 views

I am good at writing, analyzing, and conceptualizing and I also love science, psychology, sky, and arts. What career do you think suits me?

I'm a senior high school student and right now, I am taking up STEM. I want to have now a specific career choice as I'll go to college but right now I am still in hesitation of my choices. Assessing myself, I realized that I am really good at writing, science, and planning things out. Aside...

#writing #stem #career-development #career #highschool #job #career-counseling #career-choice

Christie T.’s Avatar
Christie T. Nov 09, 2020 162 views

I really have no clue what I should do for my career. Any suggestions?

I love to read and I love to write. I would love to be a writer but I think my best shot at getting close to that would to become an editor. I am a division 1 college gymnast and I want to try to become a stunt performer for film but these career choices are not very reliable at all....

#careers #film #writing

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 112 views

I'm stuck between becoming an Author, Director or Actor

I'm a Junior in high school and right now I'm a bit stuck on which career I want to pursuit. I do love to write and come up with stories. Lately I've become more interested on how shows are made and what directors do to make a show happen. Then I'm interested in acting because I've been taking...

#director #actor #writing

dianenyelis P.’s Avatar
dianenyelis P. Oct 06, 2020 184 views

How can I be accepted to work online?

my name is dianenyelis I am 17 by 18, I really like to write short books and short stories, but what I like the most about literature is poetry and research papers and then make them public as tips or informative data. I study on the university ; in the career of public accounting #career...

#writing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10, 2020 108 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

#editing #childrensbooks #writing #publishing #selfpublish #books

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18, 2020 257 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#business #traveling #writing #media #high-school #english #career-counseling #creative #career

Abby F.’s Avatar
Abby F. Sep 17, 2020 150 views

Are there any writing tips for young authors?

I’m currently writing a book, and am looking toward publishing in the future. Is there anything I can do to make sure my writing it at it’s best? #writing #authors...

#publishing

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 26, 2020 161 views

What are some good careers for people interested in history, writing, and journalism?

I am currently a college student, and I am not sure what career I want to pursue. I am interested in multiple subjects including writing, history, and journalism. Is there a career that combines these things? What are some of the best careers in these subjects? #history #writing...

#career

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31, 2020 112 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#july20 #lawyers #environment #writing #environmental-science #environmental-law #law #science #sustainability #english

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31, 2020 165 views

What skills are the most desirable in a book editor?

I'm about to be a senior in college. I love college, and I try my hardest in classes, job, and extracurricular activities to develop as a person. I hope that the things I am learning help with being a book editor. What qualities do think are vital to being a good book editor? #july20...

#book-editor #writing #creative-writing #book-editing #publishing

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31, 2020 314 views

What are the difficulties in becoming/being a book editor?

I'm interested in being a book editor. I know that every career has its challenges, but because I don't have many book editors to talk to, I don't know what challenges book editors have. What difficulties happen in the job search and job itself? Thank you! #july20 #book-editor #book-editing...

#creative-writing #writing

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23, 2020 130 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

#book #july20 #writing #stories #controversial

RONG K.’s Avatar
RONG K. Jul 19, 2020 146 views
Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14, 2020 251 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#college #history #medical #writing

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 251 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#editing #journalism #author #writing #college #creative-writing #copywriting #writer

Alethia H.’s Avatar
Alethia H. Apr 23, 2020 215 views

How do I keep myself productive in other ways than studying and writing during quarantine?

Hi, i'm Alethia, currently a 19 year old graduated from a local polytechnic this year. Currently, I have been writing and self-studying online materials with topics such as philosophy, psychology and foreign languages. However...I can still feel bored from time to time. Would you like to...

#writing #self-studying #bored #advice

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Apr 22, 2020 169 views

How do I find an online co-op/work placement?

I am looking for a 12 week co-op program/work placement in technical writing for school. How would I go about finding an online opportunity at this time? #writing #technical-writing #job-hunt...

#internships

Lyzzie G.’s Avatar
Lyzzie G. Apr 22, 2020 208 views

Are employers hiring right now?

I am graduating soon and I want to know how likely it is that I will find a job post-grad. I’m looking for a career in publishing, specifically as an editor for fiction books in the young adult genres. #career #editing #writing #publishing...

#ya

J B.’s Avatar
J B. Apr 22, 2020 170 views

What is the traditional path to becoming a journalist in this day and age?

#journalism #writing I am a 15-year-old student at a tech school in Massachusetts looking to become a journalist, as stories are important to me, truth is a necessity to me, and writing is my...