Career Questions tagged Writing

Writing, like communications, is a staple in every career and school. Someone wanting to pursue a career for writing can look to technical writing, journalist, lawyers, and a lot more....

aisha M.’s Avatar
aisha M. Apr 26 52 views
Sara R.’s Avatar
Sara R. Apr 22 76 views

How do I get a living by writing books - should I also have a side job?

I wrote a book and am working on the second in a series. How do authors get a living by writing because I don't really want to become an editor, agent, or anything like that. I just want to write books. Should I also get a side job? #writing #author...

#jobs

Mia D.’s Avatar
Mia D. Apr 13 64 views

Where can I freelance as a 15 year old high school student?

I've been freelancing and writing articles for clients for 6 months now. I'm at Fiverr and someone has been contacting me for jobs. But, I want to do more. Where else can I freelance? You have to be at least 18 to join Upwork. Do you have any suggestions as to where I can freelance and find...

#person #career #freelancing #writing #extracurriculars #advice #jobs #high-school #school #career-advice #freelancer

ayuni K.’s Avatar
ayuni K. Apr 10 143 views
Sean G.’s Avatar
Sean G. Mar 17 82 views

How do I write a story that has more of an impact on people?

I've been writing a little bit every now and then, and I want to know if there's anyway to convey more emotion through the story....

#writing

Madison M.’s Avatar
Madison M. Mar 10 119 views

I’m trying to decide on a college.

I want to be writer for a comic book/ animated series one day, and I want to go to college for a creative writing major, but I’m not sure what colleges have the best programs for that sort of thing. I’m going to a early college program so I’ll be starting university with a associate’s and going...

#animation #writing #majors #director #college #entertainment

Madison R.’s Avatar
Madison R. Mar 02 106 views

What is a good editing process for essays?

I have been struggling to get my writings to the best they can be. When I write I use Microsoft Word and then I use Google Docs for editing. I do not know if this is a good way to write or not. #writing...

#creative-writing

Derven H.’s Avatar
Derven H. Feb 26 102 views
Amaiya A.’s Avatar
Amaiya A. Feb 24 92 views

What are the best college majors for pursuing a writing career?

I'm a sophmore in highschool who is very passionate about writing! In fact, its the only thing I want to do all day, everyday forever! But as I get closer to graduating and thinking about college, I'm not sure which majors would be best for me to take in order to enhance my writing skills. So...

#high-school #writing #author #college

Moon M.’s Avatar
Moon M. Jan 21 80 views

What are some tips for an author?

What are some tips you recommend for me that I should know as an author?...

#writing

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 61 views

What does it take to write a book?

I'm Ms. Balint at the International Community School. My 2nd graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance!...

#writing

John Lloyd B.’s Avatar
John Lloyd B. Dec 26, 2020 261 views

I am good at writing, analyzing, and conceptualizing and I also love science, psychology, sky, and arts. What career do you think suits me?

I'm a senior high school student and right now, I am taking up STEM. I want to have now a specific career choice as I'll go to college but right now I am still in hesitation of my choices. Assessing myself, I realized that I am really good at writing, science, and planning things out. Aside...

#highschool #writing #career #career-counseling #stem #career-choice #job #career-development

Christie T.’s Avatar
Christie T. Nov 09, 2020 186 views

I really have no clue what I should do for my career. Any suggestions?

I love to read and I love to write. I would love to be a writer but I think my best shot at getting close to that would to become an editor. I am a division 1 college gymnast and I want to try to become a stunt performer for film but these career choices are not very reliable at all....

#writing #film #careers

Lilah L.’s Avatar
Lilah L. Nov 05, 2020 133 views

I'm stuck between becoming an Author, Director or Actor

I'm a Junior in high school and right now I'm a bit stuck on which career I want to pursuit. I do love to write and come up with stories. Lately I've become more interested on how shows are made and what directors do to make a show happen. Then I'm interested in acting because I've been taking...

#actor #writing #director

dianenyelis P.’s Avatar
dianenyelis P. Oct 06, 2020 209 views

How can I be accepted to work online?

my name is dianenyelis I am 17 by 18, I really like to write short books and short stories, but what I like the most about literature is poetry and research papers and then make them public as tips or informative data. I study on the university ; in the career of public accounting #career...

#writing

Ray K.’s Avatar
Ray K. Oct 10, 2020 141 views

Should I self publish my book even though I want to be an editor/publisher?

I started writing (and may illustrate) a children's picture book in my spare time. I spoke to a few different professors at my college about it and they all recommended I self publish it for a few reasons: it's faster, I get more control over what the end result looks like, and I would be...

#selfpublish #writing #childrensbooks #books #editing #publishing

Zeporian C.’s Avatar
Zeporian C. Sep 18, 2020 299 views

What are good career options if I am interested in both writing and "using my creative mind"?

I am a sophomore in high school looking for career options that not only let me use my creative mind but also don't limit me from doing more than one thing in life. I don't know exactly what I want to do, however I do know I want it to make people smile. I'm interested in writing, traveling,...

#english #career #traveling #writing #career-counseling #creative #high-school #media #business

Abby F.’s Avatar
Abby F. Sep 17, 2020 173 views

Are there any writing tips for young authors?

I’m currently writing a book, and am looking toward publishing in the future. Is there anything I can do to make sure my writing it at it’s best? #writing #authors...

#publishing

Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Aug 26, 2020 214 views

What are some good careers for people interested in history, writing, and journalism?

I am currently a college student, and I am not sure what career I want to pursue. I am interested in multiple subjects including writing, history, and journalism. Is there a career that combines these things? What are some of the best careers in these subjects? #history #writing...

#career

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31, 2020 137 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#environmental-law #english #law #writing #science #lawyers #environment #july20 #environmental-science #sustainability

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31, 2020 230 views

What skills are the most desirable in a book editor?

I'm about to be a senior in college. I love college, and I try my hardest in classes, job, and extracurricular activities to develop as a person. I hope that the things I am learning help with being a book editor. What qualities do think are vital to being a good book editor? #july20...

#creative-writing #writing #publishing #book-editor #book-editing

Jade S.’s Avatar
Jade S. Jul 31, 2020 424 views

What are the difficulties in becoming/being a book editor?

I'm interested in being a book editor. I know that every career has its challenges, but because I don't have many book editors to talk to, I don't know what challenges book editors have. What difficulties happen in the job search and job itself? Thank you! #july20 #book-editor #book-editing...

#creative-writing #writing

Tea F.’s Avatar
Tea F. Jul 23, 2020 165 views

How did you stay positive when writing about touchy topics?

I have yet to publish any of my writings because of fear of rejects. I find it hard to see my own writing as good or with a good topics. For example, the story I'm currently writing deals with the controversial idea of "Black Self-hatred". I'm also planning on writing about another...

#stories #book #controversial #writing #july20

RONG K.’s Avatar
RONG K. Jul 19, 2020 171 views
Alyssa D.’s Avatar
Alyssa D. Jul 14, 2020 287 views

Is there a career path that I can pursue that combines multiple interests?

I am currently in college trying to decide what degree/degrees to pursue. I have many interests that make it hard to choose one career path. I am interested in writing, journalism, history, and the medical field. Is there a career that combines my multiple interests? # #career #journalism...

#history #medical #writing #college

Arhe V.’s Avatar
Arhe V. Jun 29, 2020 330 views

Where can I develop my writing skills while still making money for college?

I'm fresh out of high school, and I've been writing short, fictional stories for 3+ years now. I've done a bit of research and it seems like all of the quick money is in copywriting, article writing, or editing. I feel like I'm quite skilled at fictional writing, but I have no idea where to...

#creative-writing #writing #author #writer #copywriting #college #editing #journalism