Career Questions tagged Fashion

Many have a desire to pursue a fashion design career, but there are a ton more choices. Most colleges offer a fashion degree. With a degree in fashion opportunities in...

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. 2 days ago 12 views

How old do you have to be to become a fashion designer and how many years of fashion school do you need?

Hi! I'm Ms. Lambert at the International Community School. My 4th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! #fashion...

#school

Abhinav K.’s Avatar
Abhinav K. Dec 24, 2020 97 views

I want to study both fashion designing and physical education after 12th, is it possible to do so?

I want to be a fashion designer and a gym trainer both, please help #fashion...

#gym

Brynn G.’s Avatar
Brynn G. Dec 22, 2020 77 views

What jobs include makeup and fashion

Makeup, fashion, styling, designing, clothing # #makeup-artist #fashion #fashion-design...

#modeling

Marzia M.’s Avatar
Marzia M. Nov 24, 2020 96 views

How to start a career as fashion buyer?

I am a fashion buying student at the University of Westminster struggling to find an internship in the fashion industry. My ultimate aspiration is to become a buyer for a luxury e-commerce retailer but, as it will be my first experience, I am open to everything. I have sent applications for...

#buyer #fashion #retail #apparel-and-fashion #future-careers #internship

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 18, 2020 193 views

What is the best sewing machine to learn beginner sewing and fashion design on?

I've been researching machines and can't find the right one. I am fairly new at sewing and don't quite know what to look for. I want it to be inexpensive, durable, and portable but it's hard to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am starting to learn sewing now to help me create...

#fashion-design #givingiscaring #fashion #sewing #education #learning

Kaiah W.’s Avatar
Kaiah W. Nov 13, 2020 76 views

What are the best schools for fashion and designing?

I'm a Sophomore in high school and I want to be an entrepreneur in the fashion industry. I know that I want to go to a 4-year university to get my degree in business, but I want to know if I have to go to another school for fashion and design. If so, what schools would you recommend? #fashion...

#college #givingiscaring #apparel-and-fashion #business #fashion-and-style #entrepreneur

Kaiah W.’s Avatar
Kaiah W. Nov 13, 2020 83 views

What tips do you have for starting a business?

I'm a Sophomore in high school, and I thinking about becoming an entrepreneur in the clothing/fashion industry. What do I need to know in order to be successful? #business #fashion #entrepreneur...

#clothing

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Nov 12, 2020 87 views

How can I survive an unpaid internship?

After I graduate high school, my goal is to move to NYC and do 3-4 fashion internships, which I know rarely pay at all. I would really appreciate any tips about how to not go broke living like this! #fashion #intern #internship #summer #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-shows

Beyza I.’s Avatar
Beyza I. Nov 11, 2020 45 views

What is like to be a fashion designer?

I love to sew and I am self taught. I have been sewing for a year or two and I hope to one day have my own business. I also love children and helping people in need. #children #sewing #fashion...

#childcare

Zion S.’s Avatar
Zion S. Nov 10, 2020 78 views
MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 10, 2020 56 views

What do I need to know if I want to study fashion design abroad in Paris?

I currently am drafting designs and learning to sew. I also have been learning French on Duolingo for about a year. I have a huge love for Paris and want to live in such a beautiful city. #interior #fashion-design #fashion #studyabroad...

#paris

Summer L.’s Avatar
Summer L. Nov 03, 2020 47 views

How to become a good fashion designer?

I can describe myself as a hard worker because when I have a goal I try my best to get it done. #fashion #fashion-and-style #models...

#modeling

Lauren G.’s Avatar
Lauren G. Oct 27, 2020 58 views

How do I become a model right now?

I am interested in modeling and fashion. #modeling #fashion-shows #fashion-design #fashion-and-style...

#fashion

Annette L.’s Avatar
Annette L. Sep 30, 2020 147 views

What's a day in the life of a Fashion Designer?

I have always been curious on how a fashion designers life would be either it being for one day, it being a big day ,or a normal day. Clothes was always interesting and seeing how people express it and show it to the world, either it being on TV or social media or even magazines. #fashion...

#fashion-design #clothes #apparel-and-fashion #fashion-shows #fashion-and-style

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30, 2020 98 views

How do you get into the film industry?

I want a career in fashion merchandising/buying but I'm very interested in films and also how they use costumes to add depth to the characters and stories. I want to set foot on set and help out as a PA to see if maybe I should switch course and try to be in the Costumes department. #marketing...

#fashion #costumes #film #movies

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30, 2020 113 views
Clara N.’s Avatar
Clara N. Sep 19, 2020 73 views

How is it to work in the fashion industry as a fashion critic and a fashion director? What major should I take to become a figure in the fashion industry but not from a dress-making part?

I am an aspiring entrepreneur to start an own fashion brand, I can do fashion illustration and sew as well but likes the business part of fashion more than actually making them. I also hold a certificate from Parsons's course. #fashion #fashion-shows #media-and-fashion #fashion-design...

#fashion-industry

Nadia Y.’s Avatar
Nadia Y. Sep 18, 2020 70 views

Do they have something that can help my modeling career in college

I like fashion so i want to show off new close in shoes....

#fashion

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08, 2020 144 views

Where do I start if I want to go into the fashion industry?

I love to sketch out designs and have a huge passion for fashion but I don't know much about really big brands. Where do I start now that I know what I want to do with my life? #fashion #fashion designers #apparel-and-fashion #designers #fashion-design...

#fashion-shows

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Jul 25, 2020 123 views

What are some unique ways to gain experience?

Hi I'm in High School and I'm interested in working in the fashion industry. Do you have any recommendations for things I can do that I can do to make me stand out? #high-school #fashion #fashion-shows #career-details...

#apparel-and-fashion

Jinah L.’s Avatar
Jinah L. Jul 19, 2020 181 views

Which minor would be most helpful for a job in the fashion industry?

I'm pursuing a major in Economics and want to enter the fashion industry some way in the future. Which major would you recommend? #majors-and-minors #fashion #career...

#minor

Eimee D.’s Avatar
Eimee D. Jul 18, 2020 78 views

How can i trained myself to be prepare for fashion school?

I took fashion 101 in high school and will be starting fashion school this fall. I'm familiarized somewhat with sewing and making clothes, but I know I lack skill. Any recommended websites or youtube videos? #july20 #fashion...

#fashion-design

Melissa P.’s Avatar
Melissa P. Jul 13, 2020 199 views

How do I get into the fashion industry?

I’m 20 years old, not in college, and during my time in quarantine from Coronavirus I realised I have an interest and maybe even a niche in fashion. I would love to be a fashion stylist or even a fashion blogger but have no idea where to start or where to get help on getting started!...

#fashion

Arianna A.’s Avatar
Arianna A. Jun 19, 2020 313 views

Is it too late to figure out what I want to do if I’m 12

I play tennis,I love shopping and anything related to fashion My dream job is to be a #professional spy or detective. #fashion...

Audrey P.’s Avatar
Audrey P. Jun 18, 2020 531 views

I am 15 years old and I feel like I should have some idea of what I should do or be in the future. I feel like I am not good at anything. Any ideas on how I should figure out?

I am 15, I make good grades (4.6 gpa), im in all honors and AP courses, im athletic, im tall and skinny, i play travel sports all year round, I was a spirit leader last year, im full of energy, i have adhd, i am nervous about presenting in large crowds but i can talk to large crowds, i take...

#college #unsure #technology #art #travel #fashion #medicine #chef #sports-management #future

Saneen K.’s Avatar
Saneen K. Jun 14, 2020 182 views

Can I make a career in fashion without getting a degree that is directly related to fashion?

I'm currently going into my sophomore year and I'm pursuing a degree in International Relations and History with a sequence in Data Science. While I do love these topics I am also really interested in working in the fashion industry. Perhaps going marketing or fashion writing, etc. I really...

#fashion-design #fashion #marketing

Amelia K.’s Avatar
Amelia K. Jun 16, 2020 220 views

What careers would you suggest I look into if I am interested in art, fashion and marketing?

I am interested in many things and I am looking for a career that will utilize and fulfill my interests in business, art and/or fashion #fashion #art #artist #marketing...

#career