Career Questions tagged Fashion

Many have a desire to pursue a fashion design career, but there are a ton more choices. Most colleges offer a fashion degree. With a degree in fashion opportunities in...

candice S.’s Avatar
candice S. Apr 07 74 views

can a student get a full-time job?

Very good character with a great personality. Disciplined and respectful. Hard worker and determined. Leader and Team worker. Punctual and prompt. Ambitious and Determined. Hands on and co-operative. Good grammar and communication skills. #career #business #fun #sonogram #artist #fashion...

#book #writer #author #fashion-design #modeling #models

Yuanbiao T.’s Avatar
Yuanbiao T. Mar 10 41 views
Brisa L.’s Avatar
Brisa L. Feb 24 76 views

What’s it like owning a business?

I like the idea of fashion and working with hair and nails. I’m just a laid back person and I like to work with things I’m passionate about....

#fashion

Yazlynn W.’s Avatar
Yazlynn W. Feb 24 57 views

How do you become known to the modeling industry if you don't have that big of a platform, things like Instagram .

My name is Yazlynn. I am a 15 year old school girl that enjoys both sports and modeling. When I was younger, a family friend of mine had her own modeling business I joined. We went to small shows almost every weekend and kept up with a specific diet. I loved it because I see myself as a very...

#fashion #business #lesson-planning #arts

Jaydon W.’s Avatar
Jaydon W. Feb 23 68 views

I want to own and run a fashion line but I don't know what to do in college to do that. Please help.

I'm a junior from Lynn, MA. I'm graduating high school next year, and need some help on what to do #fashion #art #majors #college...

#clothing

Valerie M.’s Avatar
Valerie M. Feb 23 84 views

What career should I do in the fashion industry if I want to do a fashion line but I'm not a designer?

I want to have my own fashion line and influence fashion and be very known. I want to make it to the top of the industry. But, I'm not a designer. I'm not interested in designing, but how do I have my own fashion line without being a designer for it? And if possible any high school classes or...

#fashion #apparel-and-fashion #fashion-shows #styling #artist #fashion-design #merchandising #help #apparel #designer

Valerie M.’s Avatar
Valerie M. Feb 23 68 views

What should I do in highschool to prepare me for the fashion industry?

I am a junior in highschool interested in pursuing a career in fashion. I am not sure what career I want, but I want to be prepared for the industry. #fashion-design #fashion #merchandising...

#apparel-and-fashion

Shaun B.’s Avatar
Shaun B. Feb 22 109 views

What are the steps in fashion designing?

I`m Shaun, I have a good sense of fashion. I want to go to college for fashion designing, and someday I`m going to create my own fashion line and sell them in stores. #fashion #fashion-shows #fashion-design #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-and-style

Amirah S.’s Avatar
Amirah S. Jan 22 66 views

Where can I learn more about fashion marketing?

I would like to major in fashion and would like more information and the privilege to learn more #fashion #help #internships...

#apparel-and-fashion

Loren U.’s Avatar
Loren U. Jan 22 121 views

I'm in the 10th grade and I really want to pursue the business career path, but I'm not completely sure what business field I should look into?

Some of my interests include clothing and fashion, exploring different designs of houses, traveling to new places, and being in control of making decisions. #entrepreneur #fashion #realestate #business #management...

#marketing

An Awesome Student Q.’s Avatar
An Awesome Student Q. Jan 18 57 views

How old do you have to be to become a fashion designer and how many years of fashion school do you need?

Hi! I'm Ms. Lambert at the International Community School. My 4th graders have a few questions and I'd like to share your advice with them. Thanks in advance! #fashion...

#school

Abhinav K.’s Avatar
Abhinav K. Dec 24, 2020 173 views

I want to study both fashion designing and physical education after 12th, is it possible to do so?

I want to be a fashion designer and a gym trainer both, please help #fashion...

#gym

Brynn G.’s Avatar
Brynn G. Dec 22, 2020 116 views
Marzia M.’s Avatar
Marzia M. Nov 24, 2020 226 views

How to start a career as fashion buyer?

I am a fashion buying student at the University of Westminster struggling to find an internship in the fashion industry. My ultimate aspiration is to become a buyer for a luxury e-commerce retailer but, as it will be my first experience, I am open to everything. I have sent applications for...

#fashion #internship #retail #apparel-and-fashion #buyer #future-careers

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 18, 2020 538 views

What is the best sewing machine to learn beginner sewing and fashion design on?

I've been researching machines and can't find the right one. I am fairly new at sewing and don't quite know what to look for. I want it to be inexpensive, durable, and portable but it's hard to find one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. I am starting to learn sewing now to help me create...

#fashion #sewing #learning #fashion-design #education #givingiscaring

Kaiah W.’s Avatar
Kaiah W. Nov 13, 2020 129 views

What are the best schools for fashion and designing?

I'm a Sophomore in high school and I want to be an entrepreneur in the fashion industry. I know that I want to go to a 4-year university to get my degree in business, but I want to know if I have to go to another school for fashion and design. If so, what schools would you recommend? #fashion...

#apparel-and-fashion #givingiscaring #entrepreneur #business #fashion-and-style #college

Kaiah W.’s Avatar
Kaiah W. Nov 13, 2020 106 views

What tips do you have for starting a business?

I'm a Sophomore in high school, and I thinking about becoming an entrepreneur in the clothing/fashion industry. What do I need to know in order to be successful? #business #fashion #entrepreneur...

#clothing

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Nov 12, 2020 143 views

How can I survive an unpaid internship?

After I graduate high school, my goal is to move to NYC and do 3-4 fashion internships, which I know rarely pay at all. I would really appreciate any tips about how to not go broke living like this! #fashion #intern #internship #summer #apparel-and-fashion...

#fashion-shows

Beyza I.’s Avatar
Beyza I. Nov 11, 2020 74 views

What is like to be a fashion designer?

I love to sew and I am self taught. I have been sewing for a year or two and I hope to one day have my own business. I also love children and helping people in need. #children #sewing #fashion...

#childcare

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Nov 10, 2020 83 views

What do I need to know if I want to study fashion design abroad in Paris?

I currently am drafting designs and learning to sew. I also have been learning French on Duolingo for about a year. I have a huge love for Paris and want to live in such a beautiful city. #interior #fashion-design #fashion #studyabroad...

#paris

Summer L.’s Avatar
Summer L. Nov 03, 2020 69 views

How to become a good fashion designer?

I can describe myself as a hard worker because when I have a goal I try my best to get it done. #fashion #fashion-and-style #models...

#modeling

Lauren G.’s Avatar
Lauren G. Oct 27, 2020 101 views
Annette L.’s Avatar
Annette L. Sep 30, 2020 204 views

What's a day in the life of a Fashion Designer?

I have always been curious on how a fashion designers life would be either it being for one day, it being a big day ,or a normal day. Clothes was always interesting and seeing how people express it and show it to the world, either it being on TV or social media or even magazines. #fashion...

#apparel-and-fashion #fashion-shows #clothes #fashion-design #fashion-and-style

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30, 2020 123 views

How do you get into the film industry?

I want a career in fashion merchandising/buying but I'm very interested in films and also how they use costumes to add depth to the characters and stories. I want to set foot on set and help out as a PA to see if maybe I should switch course and try to be in the Costumes department. #marketing...

#fashion #movies #film #costumes

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30, 2020 148 views
Clara N.’s Avatar
Clara N. Sep 19, 2020 90 views

How is it to work in the fashion industry as a fashion critic and a fashion director? What major should I take to become a figure in the fashion industry but not from a dress-making part?

I am an aspiring entrepreneur to start an own fashion brand, I can do fashion illustration and sew as well but likes the business part of fashion more than actually making them. I also hold a certificate from Parsons's course. #fashion #fashion-shows #media-and-fashion #fashion-design...

#fashion-industry

Nadia Y.’s Avatar
Nadia Y. Sep 18, 2020 112 views

Do they have something that can help my modeling career in college

I like fashion so i want to show off new close in shoes....

#fashion

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08, 2020 192 views

Where do I start if I want to go into the fashion industry?

I love to sketch out designs and have a huge passion for fashion but I don't know much about really big brands. Where do I start now that I know what I want to do with my life? #fashion #fashion designers #apparel-and-fashion #designers #fashion-design...

#fashion-shows