Career Questions tagged Apparel And Fashion

Annette L.’s Avatar
Annette L. Sep 30 66 views

What's a day in the life of a Fashion Designer?

I have always been curious on how a fashion designers life would be either it being for one day, it being a big day ,or a normal day. Clothes was always interesting and seeing how people express it and show it to the world, either it being on TV or social media or even magazines. #fashion...

#fashion-and-style #clothes #fashion-shows #fashion-design #apparel-and-fashion

Christine F.’s Avatar
Christine F. Sep 30 62 views
MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08 65 views

Where are some great places to intern/work to learn more about fashion designing?

I am still in high school and am interested in interning in the fashion industry. What do fashion retailers look for in interns/young employees? #fashion-design...

#apparel-and-fashion

MJ M.’s Avatar
MJ M. Sep 08 117 views

Where do I start if I want to go into the fashion industry?

I love to sketch out designs and have a huge passion for fashion but I don't know much about really big brands. Where do I start now that I know what I want to do with my life? #fashion #fashion designers #apparel-and-fashion #designers #fashion-design...

#fashion-shows

Bella K.’s Avatar
Bella K. Jul 25 94 views

What are some unique ways to gain experience?

Hi I'm in High School and I'm interested in working in the fashion industry. Do you have any recommendations for things I can do that I can do to make me stand out? #high-school #fashion #fashion-shows #career-details...

#apparel-and-fashion

Melanie G.’s Avatar
Melanie G. Jan 16, 2018 2143 views

What could you do with a fashion marketing degree?

I really want to take this major but i don't really understand what fashion marketing /merchandising involves ? #marketing #fashion-merchandising #fashion #marketing #marketing-and-advertising...

#apparel-and-fashion

Gabrielle M.’s Avatar
Gabrielle M. Jan 11, 2018 233 views

Is it required to get bachelors degree in apparel and design to be an official fashion designer?

I'm a Freshmen in high school attending an art school, and my study is fashion and design. I've been thinking about applying to colleges for this study. My top arts school is the University of London which is really hard to get into. But, I'm open to any colleges. Lastly, what is the salary...

#bachelors-degree #art-school #apparel-and-fashion #internships

Aionia G.’s Avatar
Aionia G. Nov 06, 2017 407 views

how does it work to become a model?

why i'm asking this question is because when I grow up I either want to be a model or a chef. It all depends though because a person can have more than one job but that one job might take up all your time but I can be a chef and still study and take classes for model and start doing that...

#modeling #fashion #apparel-and-fashion

shabhana H.’s Avatar
shabhana H. May 23, 2016 574 views
Desiree R.’s Avatar
Desiree R. Feb 09, 2017 425 views

What things you do to meet every standard?

I Am 15 years of age , 5'2 I am in 9th grade and I would love to become a fashion model one day later in life. I am asking this question because I want to know what to do and how could I become a future fashion model. #apparel-and-fashion #model #modeling #fashion...

#fashion-industry

Michael H.’s Avatar
Michael H. Aug 31, 2017 742 views

What are the basics of fashion merchandising?

I want to become a fashion merchandiser because I am very interested in clothing and creating my own brand. I believe you have to have a bachelor's degree in fashion merchandising to begin the career. What other steps should I take to help me pursue my career.#nextralphlauren...

#fashionmerchandiser #fashion-industry #imupnext #fashion #business-operations #apparel-and-fashion #branding #business

Michael H.’s Avatar
Michael H. Sep 01, 2017 322 views

What steps should I take?

I want to be a fashion merchant. I want to be prepared to pursue my career before hand. So I want to know what steps could I take now to be prepare myself to be one of the most successful fashion merchants....

#apparel-and-fashion

Nolan J.’s Avatar
Nolan J. Feb 15, 2017 585 views

How do the apparel and the hair/makeup of a fashion show work yogethrr to craft a specific aesthetic?

I want to pursue a career in either Apparel Design or Cosmetology, and I would like to know how the two can correspond with each other. #cosmetology #makeup #apparel-and-fashion #fashion-shows #hair-stylist...

#clothing-design

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 431 views

What are some of the ways that fashion can communicate various political attitudes/atmospheres in a time period, and what role does fashion play in crafting or reflecting politics?

Two of my primary interests are Politics and Fashion Design, and I am curious as to how the two subjects may intersect within modern culture. #fashion #sociology #political-science #apparel-and-fashion...

#cultural-studies

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 501 views

Is there an "ideal" way to begin a career in Apparel Design, and what are some internships which could be taken to gain experience in that field?

I want to know how I can best "set myself up" for success in the realms of Fashion Design or Fashion Merchandising, and I would like to know where I could receive the best hands-on preparations for a successful career. #fashion #fashion-design #apparel-and-fashion...

#apparel-manufacturing

Zachary R.’s Avatar
Zachary R. Feb 09, 2017 549 views

What are some of the main/most prominent U.S.-based colleges that offer courses in Apparel Design?

I'm considering the notion of pursuing a career in Fashion Design, and I want to know which institutions would best prepare me for a successful career. #fashion #apparel-and-fashion #fashion-merchandising...

#apparel

Avery A.’s Avatar
Avery A. Oct 30, 2016 829 views

I have an interest in fashion design and what to know how technology is changing the field of fashion and product design?

I looking at several fashion programs (fashion institutes and public universities). I want to be sure that I will be exposed to technology that is used in fashion industry. #fashion #fashion-design...

#apparel-and-fashion

Amreen F.’s Avatar
Amreen F. Jun 23, 2016 911 views
Surya T.’s Avatar
Surya T. Jun 04, 2016 630 views

Which are the best colleges in india and abroad for fashion designing courses?

Hi,I would like to pursue a career in fashion designing would like to know the best colleges and different streams in the same. #fashion #fashion-design...

#apparel-and-fashion

Hadassah-Beulah D.’s Avatar
Hadassah-Beulah D. May 24, 2016 534 views

What is the market outlook for a textile designer that works for a company? ( Either for a fashion related company, things within the home such as a company for interior decoratoring/ design, or really any company related to the production of textiles)

Well I would like to be a textile designer and I've done a lot of research on it. However it can be sometimes difficult to find information on it as textile design is not one of the first things people think of for a career. So I thought it would be beneficial for me to try this website....

#textiles #interior-design #interior-decorator #apparel-and-fashion

A'Briana  L.’s Avatar
A'Briana L. May 18, 2016 408 views

How many opportunities with jobs do you get when graduating with a bachelors in apparel design?

Curious to know what I will be offered after graduating with a bachelors degree #job #degree...

#apparel-and-fashion

Estefania C.’s Avatar
Estefania C. May 17, 2016 4399 views

How hard is it to get into the fashion industry?

I am asking this because I want to know what it takes to make it in this industry working any aspect of it such a merchandising and being a retail buyer or a stylist. #apparel-and-fashion...

#styling