Career Questions tagged Career Choice

Choosing a career is difficult. CareerVillage.org ensures you are not alone in this process. Check out previous questions and answers, and if you are still confused, please ask away. For...

Anthony R.’s Avatar
Anthony R. 9 hours ago 15 views

What are some good questions to ask in an informational interview for a career?

How is an informational interview different than a job interview and what must one do to prepare for an interview?

Sadik B.’s Avatar
Sadik B. Aug 10 84 views

Need Advice...

I just turned 24 yrs old. My career choices are trading stock, drop shipping. I want to go to school for business admin what advice do you have for me in choosing a promising career path for my future?

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 52 views

What is the career-path to become a veterinarian?

I've always wanted to be a vet, since kindergarten. I really love animals and I think being a veterinarian could be the perfect job for me. I know that it's very competitive and hard to get into. Do you have any tips? When it comes to education, I know that it takes years to become but how many...

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 63 views

How could I even be an actress or a singer?

I know I either wanna be a fashion designer/singer/or actor, but I have stage freight. Is there any way I can get over it. I practice in front of my brother but I still get a bit nervous. I HAVE to get past it if I wanna be an actress or singer, right?

maddie L.’s Avatar
maddie L. Aug 09 99 views

What career path should I follow?

I don't have a career goal yet, I'm looking for advice. I know that I'm creative and I like being independent. But when it comes to choosing a career, there are so many that it's overwhelming. What if I choose the wrong one for me? I think I might like to be a fashion designer or a singer and...

Diya S.’s Avatar
Diya S. Aug 09 69 views

Thinking of dropping a degree and going for another one, I mean should I? After giving it a year.

I'm in my first year of a BA degree, my subjects are Psychology, English Lit & Education. Things are not working well for me, I am not liking it so far, disappointed with my college and myself. All I think of is working in the media field, taking interviews, hosting shows, working in...

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Aug 05 112 views

Two questions on choosing a career and college/university.

I will graduate from a community college in Spring 2023 with an accounting degree. I plan on working for 2-3 years and then going back to school. I regret that I did not spend more time researching degrees, doing HS internships, or exploring different community colleges while in high school....

Luca Massimo S.’s Avatar
Luca Massimo S. Aug 03 66 views

How can I best find architecture photography clients when starting my business?

I've developed a nice portfolio of architecture photography throughout the last 3 years and am working on my online presentation currently. I've had my first client shootings and am looking to find more clients to get started and turn my sidehustle into my dreamjob.

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Jul 31 69 views

How to choose which animation specialization to study?

Hello! I'm interested in having a career in animation. When I started looking at animation more closely, I thought "animator", "producer", and "director" were the only job titles you could have. Turns out there's many different jobs to choose from. However, I have no idea which area to...

Miracle C.’s Avatar
Miracle C. Jul 29 60 views

Q2: What career could I have where I could help people, and be a scientist, but not get credit by writing papers or articles and getting published, I don’t want to be in front of everything, but I don’t want to be in background either, I want my career to be fulfilling and have purpose and to see my work help people and make lives matter and easier!

Hi, my name is Miracle and I’m about to start college in the fall, but I’m not sure what to major in and I was hoping that having a scientist answer my questions then that might give me some insight on what to major in. I know these aren’t ideal questions, but I’ve always loved science and...

Zakir M.’s Avatar
Zakir M. Jul 28 82 views

I have a question about Nurse Anesthetists

What does a typical day look like on this job?

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Jul 27 238 views

How do you limit procrastination?

I think this has been an issue tons of people have because procrastination makes us lose some big opportunities. What are some tips that could help out with procrastination and increase my motivation to work?

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Jul 26 57 views

Which careers/jobs have the fastest growth in Kansas?

I recently moved to Kansas, and was curious about its growing/dominant industries.

Simon T.’s Avatar
Simon T. Jul 21 87 views

I have some interview questions for a school work assignment which requires various answers please help me.

1. Why did you choose this career choice?

2. Why did you decide to work in this industry?

3.What kinds of decisions do you make in your role?

Briana H.’s Avatar
Briana H. Jul 20 103 views

Would psychology be more beneficial than social work or vice versa?

I've finally come to the conclusion that I want to either be a psychiatrist or a social worker but I can't decide which one all I know is that I want to help people and create my own helping center for the homeless, troubling people, addicts, etc and I just don't know what'll be more beneficial.

Sylvio P.’s Avatar
Sylvio P. Jul 15 80 views

How can we know what we love ?

I run multiple businesses, some failed, some win.

Looking to build something that I love for long term, but....

How can we know what we love?

Nami J.’s Avatar
Nami J. Jul 13 124 views

What path do I take for these careers?

Hello, I am torn between the career options I've narrowed for myself. I am interested in both being an Agent and business manager for artists, performers, and athletes and also becoming a marketing manager. I'm not sure which pathway I want to pursue because they are both interesting however,...

Natalie D.’s Avatar
Natalie D. Jul 12 196 views

How will I know what career I would like to work towards in college ?

I don’t really know what I want to take in college. I have ideas but I am not really certain . How can make that decision easier for me .

Eshara M.’s Avatar
Eshara M. Jul 11 195 views

What can I expect when becoming a Speech Pathologist? The pros and cons?

I’m currently switching careers into Speech Language Pathology. I’m finishing up my prerequisite courses and is looking to apply for grad school.

Julia K.’s Avatar
Julia K. Jul 09 200 views

What are some ways to narrow down career options?

I'm trying to pick a career path for university but don't have a clear goal in mind. I enjoy/am good at math, science, English literature/writing, and humanities; I'm struggling to narrow down a career path and/or major for university.

Tasneem A.’s Avatar
Tasneem A. Jul 04 157 views

Law or Political Science?

I am a junior in high school. I am not sure whether to study law or political science in college, although at first, I was sure of political science. I am interested in both but I don't know how to decide since I have heard multiple things about each.

Matt B.’s Avatar
Matt B. Jun 29 156 views

what are some examples of hands-on careers that have a relatively flexible schedule?

I'm still in high school and I have no clue what I want to do career-wise. really any examples of careers that follow that kind of structure would be cool.

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 23 149 views

Career you love that is risky or career you are neutral on that guarantees good money?

I love nature and want to pursue something related to environmental science or marine biology, however, I am currently planning to go into a tech career (computer science or computer engineering) because it guarantees a good salary and job security.

ALFIDA K.’s Avatar
ALFIDA K. Jun 22 180 views

How do you pick a career?

I dont know what to do

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 257 views

How did you find a career that you love or passionate about?

As a student, I want to work in a career I enjoy but also one that I can make a good living out of.

Kimberly T.’s Avatar
Kimberly T. Jun 20 217 views

Can I have more than one career ?

I want to be more than one career and honestly want to know if it's possible to have multiple careers since it's a passion to continue helping people and animals.

Bernie M.’s Avatar
Bernie M. Jun 15 101 views

How do i become a EKG techinican?

In college pursuing a BS in Health services administrator

Karinna H.’s Avatar
Karinna H. Jun 13 231 views

I want to become a fashion designer and don’t know where to start?

My dream career is to be become a fashion designer, however I’m not sure how to approach being what I want to be. What do I have to do first in order to fulfill my career?

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jun 05 146 views

How do I proceed in high school if I have an interest in Psychology?

What should I be doing in order to figure out if the field is really for me?

Azmeena I.’s Avatar
Azmeena I. May 31 330 views

Should I follow the real world or my passion

How should I keep a passion for art in my life if I want to do something more realistic like be in the medical field do I just drop that interest or make it a hobby?