Career Questions tagged Teaching

Often associated with education and school environments, teaching helps others to grow in their knowledge and understanding of a discipline. For more information, please read below.

Sophie E.’s Avatar
Sophie E. yesterday 19 views

What does a career in Educational Policy entail/look like?

I am majoring in Early Childhood Education in the fall but would like to focus on policy/government aspects. What types of careers work in this area of education? #teaching #education #college #career...

#policy

Alyson J.’s Avatar
Alyson J. Mar 23 65 views

Graduate to become a Teacher

Hi! I need more information and advice. I want to become a teacher. My BA is not in education. As I looked for grad schools, I found some degrees with MA, MAT, or MS. Is one better than the other? Regardless of which, wouldn't I still need to go to the DOE and state my subject areas? Would I...

#graduate-school #teaching #education #teacher

Emmalyn D.’s Avatar
Emmalyn D. Mar 12 51 views

How can college students prepare for their careers prior to being hired?

I am a high school student aspiring to become a high school teacher....

#teaching

Emmalyn D.’s Avatar
Emmalyn D. Mar 12 36 views

What are some temporary jobs that can prepare teachers for their careers?

I am a high school senior aspiring to be a high school teacher....

#teaching

lexie S.’s Avatar
lexie S. Mar 05 38 views
Rob A.’s Avatar
Rob A. Feb 28 53 views

School counselors

As a school counselor do you create the master schedule? #counselor #scheduling #teaching #teacher #school...

#counseling

Li L.’s Avatar
Li L. Feb 16 41 views

How to explain the meaning of The Farmer and the Viper to children?

There could be more meanings be included, rather than the only kindness....

#teaching

Sumaiya A.’s Avatar
Sumaiya A. Jan 27 59 views

What challenges do you face when applying for teacher's college?

What requirements are there to apply for teacher's college and how did you achieve them? Were they hard? Were you rejected for any reason? #teacher #education #school #college...

#teaching

Susan E.’s Avatar
Susan E. Jan 27 83 views

How do I become a teacher in NYS?

I am a certified K-12 art teacher with a background in ESL. I can teach in VA and FL. However, transferring my degree to NY seems difficult with the edTPA. I am not currently in charge of a class in my field but only a substitute TA. I will soon be a substitute teacher. #education #teacher...

#teaching

Evan W.’s Avatar
Evan W. Dec 10, 2019 80 views
Evan W.’s Avatar
Evan W. Dec 10, 2019 59 views
Betty G.’s Avatar
Betty G. Nov 20, 2019 62 views
Kennedy L.’s Avatar
Kennedy L. Nov 20, 2019 85 views
steven P.’s Avatar
steven P. Nov 14, 2019 56 views

what are the classes are needed to become a music teacher?

I'm in 11th grade, and I thought about teaching or something 🤷‍♂️ #teaching #music...

#musician

Kaitlynn O.’s Avatar
Kaitlynn O. Nov 14, 2019 85 views
Hannah F.’s Avatar
Hannah F. Nov 14, 2019 68 views
Reese F.’s Avatar
Reese F. Nov 14, 2019 63 views

What college courses would I need to take to get an elementary teaching degree?

I am a junior in high school and I have always been interested in teaching. My mother is a high school teacher however I like to work with little kids. I’m intrigued with all math classes, soccer and basketball. I would really like some advice to guide my path and to get my college classes...

#education #college #math #teaching #teacher

Marissa S.’s Avatar
Marissa S. Nov 14, 2019 76 views

Should I dual major in college?

If I want to be a high school teacher, would it be wise to dual major in math and a foreign language? Would it make schools more likely to hire me? #college #teaching #college-major...

Abbey S.’s Avatar
Abbey S. Nov 14, 2019 84 views

What is the Salary of an Elementary School teacher?

I want to know the salary of an elementary school teacher. #teacher #education #teaching...

#money

Anna O.’s Avatar
Anna O. Oct 30, 2019 63 views
Angeleyshka C.’s Avatar
Angeleyshka C. Oct 22, 2019 76 views

Should I do an Elementary Education Major with a Spanish Minor or Spanish Major with a Secondary Education Minor??

I am a sophomore student-athlete in college and I am currently confused and don't know what to do. I am fluent in Spanish since that is my first language but I am not sure what is best out there in the teaching world with what will I have more opportunities and earn more. Any advice is really...

#help #education #teaching

Alina Z.’s Avatar
Alina Z. Sep 26, 2019 70 views