Career Questions tagged Phd

kiley B.’s Avatar
kiley B. 2 hours ago 1 views
Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Oct 05 59 views

Can a clinical psychologist also be a psychology professor (at the same time)?

#psychology #professors #professor #phd Edit:- I thought it would be useful if I mentioned the country too (in which I would like to practice/teach). I think, most likely, the...

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Sep 07 150 views

Is psychology a good choice of career?

Hey! Let me tell you a bit about myself. I like helping people A LOT. Understanding and empathizing with people are my dominant qualities. I like learning about human behaviour and cognitive functions. When I'm in a group, I can really absorb the feeling of others, I know when someone is...

#phd #psychology #career-choice #psychologist #advice

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Jul 29 79 views

How did you know you wanted to pursue a chem/bio PhD?

Currently, I just finished my first year at Northeastern as a Biochemistry major. I have some experience as a research assistant and would like to volunteer in a lab next semester. I am premed, but there is still some time to think about grad school. I am very interested in research as well,...

#phd #research #biology #chemistry #bio #gradschool #july20 #chem

Allison S.’s Avatar
Allison S. Jul 26 93 views

What are the main differences between a PsyD and a PhD in psychology? What do schools look at in terms of qualifications for acceptance?

I am a senior undergrad student getting ready to graduate with a B.S. in social sciences this December. I am interested in pursuing a higher degree in psychology, but would like to know the main differences between the PsyD and the PhD. I have heard the main differences are that research...

#psyd #phd #gradschoolprograms #doctorate-degree #july

Hannah M.’s Avatar
Hannah M. May 06 148 views

Is it a good idea to go PhD program from professional master's program?

I am a graduate student in a professional school. I began the program envisioning being a product manager, but I realized that I wanted to be a scholar than working for a business. Do you think it is wise to pivot my career and throw the investment that I made at the professional school and...

#phd #graduate-school #academia #college

Farooq A.’s Avatar
Farooq A. Apr 16 90 views

How should I know I need to go for PhD ?

I'm graduate student having professional experience of 2 years, I do want to pursue PhD degree. but cant find the motivation....

#phd

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 16, 2019 145 views

Is it possible to complete a psychology PhD under a faculty member in a different department?

I'm looking into psychology graduate programs, particularly looking for researchers who study sexuality/relationships. People in this area vary in their actual department - for example, some are in sociology, communications, medicine, social work, etc. which vary pretty drastically from psych...

#phd #psychology #sociology #research #grad-school #college #social-work #communications #graduate-school #psychiatry #admissions #medicine #applications

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Aug 15, 2019 194 views

How to handle having depression in a research career?

I'm looking to become a psychology researcher. I understand that research careers can be fairly stressful. However, I've also suffered from depression for a decade and expect I will still be dealing with it when I attain my career. How can I go about handling my illness while also successfully...

#phd #mental-illness #research #psychology #stress #highered #depression #brain-sciences #psychiatry #clinical-psychology #science #mental-health #passion

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 29, 2019 701 views

How to introduce yourself to a professor you want to study under in *grad school*?

I will be applying to Psychology Ph.D. programs this fall, and I was wondering how best to introduce myself to PIs I want to work with. For example: - What should I include in an email? - What should I say about myself? What should I say about them? - What questions do I need to ask them?...

#phd #psychology #college #grad-school #interview #doctorate #research #graduate #application #graduate-school

Martino F.’s Avatar
Martino F. Mar 01, 2019 147 views

I would like to make a PhD in Computer Science about Robotics or Computational Photography.

Hi, My name is Martino, I have a master degree in Computer Science and I would like to do a PhD in Computational Photography or in Robotics. I don't know how to choose, could you give me some advice? I started to search for a PhD programme but I am not sure where to look, do you have any good...

#computer-science #phd #robotics #computational-photography #science #machine-learning

sabrina V.’s Avatar
sabrina V. Aug 31, 2018 243 views

Is earning a PhD worth the time?

Besides the eventual money payoff, it the investment in all that time and work for school for all those years worth it? #phd #medicine #education #graduate-school...

#college-bound

Taya A.’s Avatar
Taya A. Aug 28, 2018 270 views

Is it worth putting all the time and money into going to medical school?

I am debating either becoming a medical doctor or a PA. I want the pay and title of a doctor. However, I also am not sure I want to spend all the time and money for the education of becoming one. #doctor #doctorate-degree #phd #student-loans #medicine...

#doctors

Oleksandra K.’s Avatar
Oleksandra K. May 09, 2018 383 views

Which countries have opportunities for a very cheap or even free master's or p.h.d?

I'd like to get a masters and a P.h.d. degree in linguistics or asian languages, but can't afford American college fees. Where else can I get these degrees for very cheap or even free? #europe #eastern-europe #asian #asia-pacific #masters #graduate-school #financial-aid #finance #grad-school...

#phd #international

Alex R.’s Avatar
Alex R. May 29, 2018 443 views

What can you do with a Ph.D in physics?

I have always wanted to get a Ph.d. in physics. I planned to do electrical engineering or computer science and then get a Ph.d. in physics. My main issue is that I am not sure what being a physicist entails, aside from academia. I would like to know what someone with a Ph.d. in physics could...

#doctorate-degree #phd #science #doctorate #science-phd #physics

Margot R.’s Avatar
Margot R. May 30, 2018 313 views

What are some things to do to prepare for applying to JD/PHD programs?

-What research experience/internships would be helpful? -How important is networking when applying to graduate programs? #education #law #graduate-school #college #applications #phd #jd...

#doctorate

Dimetrius P.’s Avatar
Dimetrius P. Jul 11, 2018 320 views

Should I go straight through to my PhD?

Should I get my masters and work while getting my PhD, or should I go straight through and get my PhD, interning along the way? Which way gets me more experience, and which would insure that I will have a job? #social-work #phd #internship #masters #phd...

#msw

Rebecca A.’s Avatar
Rebecca A. Jun 21, 2018 485 views

What career options are there for economics majors?

I am studying economics at Brown; I really like how economic thinking can solve problems, but I am not a huge fan of math (I do not plan to take any beyond statistics and Calc II which are required). I am very interested in public policy, but more from an applied microeconomics view (rather...

#phd #professor #government #policy #research #economics #career

Vanessa W.’s Avatar
Vanessa W. May 26, 2018 279 views
Hailey T.’s Avatar
Hailey T. May 24, 2018 290 views
Daniella K.’s Avatar
Daniella K. Jan 16, 2018 331 views

How important is going to graduate school?

Many successful people seem to have made it in life outside of the school and degree system. Is the investment in time and money with it? #graduate-school #phd...

#higher-education

Abigail C.’s Avatar
Abigail C. Apr 08, 2018 396 views

Is it worth earning higher than a bachelor's when pursuing a career in environmental engineering?

I plan to get a bachelor's degree in environmental engineering for sure, but would it be worth the time, money($40K/yr at the school I am looking at), and effort to work towards a master's or PhD? #engineering #environmental-engineering #money #debt #degrees #bachelors-degree #bachelorsdegree...

#phd #career-path #career-plan #environmental #environment #career-paths #mastersdegree #career-planning #masters-degree #environmental-science