Career Questions tagged Graduateschool

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Apr 27 106 views

Advice for PhD seeking

I am currently a junior undergraduate student at the University of Washington and plan to pursue a PhD in the genomic sciences. I have experience in research, with over a year in three different labs. However, I am worried that my major makes me a less competitive applicant to programs such as...

#graduateschool #research #bioinformatics

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Mar 01 108 views

Forensic Psychologist

What Graduate Program did you take (i.e MS Psych/MS Clinical Mental Health Counselor) that helped you with your career and getting into a Doctorate program? #graduateschool #forensicpsychology #forensicpsychologist #psychology #forensic...

#career

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 1445 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

#major #psychology #college #graduateschool #employment #neuroscience #college-major

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 296 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. #engineering...

#civil-engineering #mechanical #masters #mechanical-engineering #gradschool #undergrad #electricalengineering #graduateschool #engineer #computerengineering #engineeringstudent #technology

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Oct 05, 2018 212 views

Can you apply to scholarships before you get accepted to a school?

I have been applying to some scholarships already and they ask what school I am going to. I am not currently in school and applying to a physical therapy program. Can I start applying to scholarships or do I have to wait until I get that acceptance letter? #college #scholarship...

#college-admissions #money #graduateschool

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 249 views

Are scholarships worth it?

I applied to numerous amount of scholarships when I was in undergraduate school and I received one that was through one of my professor's friend. However, the ones I applied online from all of the scholarship search engines came up blank. I am now applying to graduate school and I am wondering...

#scholarships #college #payingforcollege #graduateschool

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 327 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

#biochemistry #medicalschool #graduateschool #research

Joie M.’s Avatar
Joie M. Jan 17, 2018 284 views

What are the most important factors to consider when deciding whether or not to go to graduate school?

I know that some jobs require graduate-level education, but it is also extremely expensive and time-consuming. What are some pros and cons to attending graduate school? What makes the process worth the hassle? #graduateschool #highereducation #graduate-school...

#higher-education

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 345 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? #grades #extracurriculars #grad #graduate-school ##gradschool #graduateschool...

#student-clubs #undergraduate

Imani G.’s Avatar
Imani G. Sep 02, 2017 453 views

Should I stay or should I go?

I am a junior in college studying psychology. I plan to go to graduate school to attain a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. I have heard people say that it is very difficult to get into clinical psychology programs as a student right out of college because they want their students to have some...

#psychology #research #phd #clinical-psychology #graduateschool