Career Questions tagged Graduateschool

Abby T.’s Avatar
Abby T. Feb 26 239 views

I need some help figuring out my plans after college!

This question is very specific to me, but may help others in a similar position. I am a junior in college studying health science with a specialization in biomedical science. I really want to become a medical technologist (not a technician). In your opinion, what is the best path to accomplish...

labscience medicallabscience labtechnologist health laboratory student career-path graduateschool medicaltechnologist

Alex Butler’s Avatar
Alex B. Nov 19, 2020 308 views

How do you begin the graduate school search as a physics major?

I am a current junior in college planning to graduate next year, and am looking for advice on how to begin the search for schools. career-path physics graduateschool gradschool application school college astronomy...

junior

Mariela G.’s Avatar
Mariela G. Nov 10, 2020 254 views

What are the steps into becoming a High School Counselor?

Hello! My name is Mariela and I am currently a second year in college. My declared major as of now Criminology, Law and Society, but I'm planning to transfer under a Sociology major. Before I didn't know what exactly to do with a Sociology degree, and I know I want to do something with kids. I...

highschoolcounselor transferingmajors school sociology high-school counselor education college university graduateschool

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 192 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? student psychology application clinicalpsychology graduateschool professor students...

graduate

Belinda H.’s Avatar
Belinda H. Jul 30, 2020 239 views

How do you know if graduate business school is the right step in your career?

I'm considering applying to deferred enrollment programs but am still trying to figure out what kind of role business school would play in my career vs. continuing at a company I'm working for. JULY20 graduateschool business school...

career

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 18, 2020 237 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? psychology graduateschool college...

ms programs mentor student july20 colleges tracks program degree professor major

Chan T.’s Avatar
Chan T. Jul 17, 2020 264 views

Scholarship opportunities for Asian Amercian students

I am looking for scholarship opportunities for for Asian American students studying in graduate program or more specifically for Southeast Asian students. JULY20 asianamerican southeastasian graduateschool...

scholarship

Price B.’s Avatar
Price B. Jul 17, 2020 255 views
Price B.’s Avatar
Price B. Jul 17, 2020 239 views

What is the best way to prepare for the GRE? Also, when is the best time to take it?

I'm in the middle of my undergraduate Exercise Physiology degree and getting ready to apply to PT school in about 2 years. physicaltherapy graduateschool testing GRE...

july20

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Apr 27, 2020 245 views

Advice for PhD seeking

I am currently a junior undergraduate student at the University of Washington and plan to pursue a PhD in the genomic sciences. I have experience in research, with over a year in three different labs. However, I am worried that my major makes me a less competitive applicant to programs such as...

bioinformatics research graduateschool

Jessica H.’s Avatar
Jessica H. Mar 01, 2020 267 views

Forensic Psychologist

What Graduate Program did you take (i.e MS Psych/MS Clinical Mental Health Counselor) that helped you with your career and getting into a Doctorate program? graduateschool forensicpsychology forensicpsychologist psychology forensic...

career

Kate F.’s Avatar
Kate F. Mar 12, 2019 4454 views

Is it worth it to double major in psychology and neuroscience?

Right now, I've declared my major as Psychology (B.S.) and I'm thinking about adding a Neuroscience major. I'm very interested in the biological basis of behavior, down to a cellular/molecular level. However, I know it would take a lot of effort, time and money to declare an additional...

major psychology college neuroscience college-major graduateschool employment

Melvin S.’s Avatar
Melvin S. Jan 12, 2019 524 views

Undergrad engineering vs Grad engineering?

Hi all, I plan to enter Graduate study for Mechanical Engineering next fall and I just want to know, what are the differences (and even similarities) between the undergraduate and graduate levels in engineering? How should I prepare myself to know what to expect? Thanks. engineering...

engineer graduateschool mechanical gradschool electricalengineering technology undergrad mechanical-engineering computerengineering civil-engineering engineeringstudent masters

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Oct 05, 2018 339 views

Can you apply to scholarships before you get accepted to a school?

I have been applying to some scholarships already and they ask what school I am going to. I am not currently in school and applying to a physical therapy program. Can I start applying to scholarships or do I have to wait until I get that acceptance letter? college scholarship...

money graduateschool college-admissions

Samantha Z.’s Avatar
Samantha Z. Jul 13, 2018 369 views

Are scholarships worth it?

I applied to numerous amount of scholarships when I was in undergraduate school and I received one that was through one of my professor's friend. However, the ones I applied online from all of the scholarship search engines came up blank. I am now applying to graduate school and I am wondering...

payingforcollege graduateschool college scholarships

Monica G.’s Avatar
Monica G. May 16, 2018 490 views

What is the difference between medical school and graduate school in terms of biochemistry?

I have been trying to find detailed information as to how both are different but most websites either give the superficial information or they only talk about how they are similar. I do not know what path to choose so I want to be able to know the difference between the two. I know medical...

graduateschool research biochemistry medicalschool

Joie M.’s Avatar
Joie M. Jan 17, 2018 419 views

What are the most important factors to consider when deciding whether or not to go to graduate school?

I know that some jobs require graduate-level education, but it is also extremely expensive and time-consuming. What are some pros and cons to attending graduate school? What makes the process worth the hassle? graduateschool highereducation graduate-school...

higher-education

Mariam I.’s Avatar
Mariam I. Jan 16, 2018 542 views

How important are extracurriculars to grad school?

In high school, extracurricular clubs and activities are a big part of college applications. When applying for grad school, is this the same way? Or do grad schools just look for consistently high grades? grades extracurriculars grad graduate-school #gradschool graduateschool...

student-clubs undergraduate

Imani G.’s Avatar
Imani G. Sep 02, 2017 613 views

Should I stay or should I go?

I am a junior in college studying psychology. I plan to go to graduate school to attain a Ph.D. in clinical psychology. I have heard people say that it is very difficult to get into clinical psychology programs as a student right out of college because they want their students to have some...

research psychology phd graduateschool clinical-psychology