Career Questions tagged Highereducation

Robin’s Avatar
Robin May 28, 2021 223 views

What's a good college where I can go in person in New England for a good price?

I'm 56 years old, single mom of a special needs young adult.
I want to go back to college to finish my Bachelor's degree. I already have 60+ credits from Community College. I'm a native English speaker and live in Worcester, Massachusetts.
#HigherEducation

Andrea’s Avatar
Andrea Aug 24, 2020 387 views

What are ways to narrow down my career interest in Criminal Justice?

I'm a first generation college student and I am currently on my 3rd/last year at a community college. I am trying to create a plan to transfer to a university but I am not only having trouble choosing a specific major but my overall path. I have always had an interest in Criminal Justice but,...

Melvin Summerville’s Avatar
Melvin Nov 12, 2018 620 views

How to Structure and Write a great Statement of Purpose for Graduate School?

Hi, I am a mechanical engineering senior interested in applying for grad school for next fall. I understand that schools want a statement of purpose/essay detailing why I want to apply for the program, my interests, my experience, etc. I'm interested in design and manufacturing engineering and...

Joie’s Avatar
Joie Jan 17, 2018 561 views

What are the most important factors to consider when deciding whether or not to go to graduate school?

I know that some jobs require graduate-level education, but it is also extremely expensive and time-consuming. What are some pros and cons to attending graduate school? What makes the process worth the hassle? #graduateschool #highereducation #graduate-school #higher-education