Career questions tagged architect

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Bamist231 views

Do I need to start practicing engineering related work before my college degree if I want to study engineering courses e.g Architecture ?

I’m 17years old and a college student, I did a partime job on holiday but my sim is to become an Architect. Do I need to start practicing engineering work as an entrepreneur before I can get accepted as an engineer in my college degree ? #career #engineering #architecture

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samuel227 views

Architecture colleges?

What is the best college in Arizona for Architecture? Why?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
cameron656 views

How much injuries could be possible as an architect?

How bad would the injuries be?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Megan219 views

How hard is it to be an Architect?

I enjoy art and I think that architecture would be interesting.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Andres293 views

I’m interested in learning about what A Day in the Life was like for an architect.

So far I have learned that it's pretty difficult to keep up with the client's budget and desires, I would like to know what other difficulties architects face.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kage323 views

What skills do you need to be an architect?

Im looking for what to go to college for and architecture is my top thing

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Charley723 views

Should I be an architect?

I really want to be an architect but I’ve heard a lot of bad things about it. I really like buildings and designing cool ones but I am debating if I should just chose a different career to do. I am 13 and I enjoy doing art, i like literature, and history but I do not like math or science. I’ve heard architecture is not a good profession but I want to do it however I still wanna live a stable life. As much as I would love to do architect, I don’t wanna be in a financial crisis. Thank you! -CS

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Naziyat379 views

What should I learn and do if I want to be an Architect?

My father is an mechanic engineer. He encourages be to be an architect. But the main thing is that I like architecture a lot and I am practicing sketch, buildings and perspective. I want to know the things I should learn about architecture and which will help me in the future.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amari220 views

Is it hard or slightly easy ?

How hard is becoming a architect?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
William194 views

What should we do to be prepared for the future after theoretical learning and study?

higher education

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hunter178 views

Internship?

Where to find the best internship opportunities for historic restoration architect in high school.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Saja382 views

As a high-school student, I have interest in architecture, so I want to know how is the job as an architect? Is is really boring and having less creativity?

I am in the 11th grade and I am looking for the appropriate field for me, so I have found that I have interest in architecture, but I don't want to close my eyes about the real life of the architects, so can you help me in that please ?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Uzoigwe160 views

What is main purpose of me to become an architect?

What can I do to become an architect man.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kylie634 views

What career(s) should I look into?

Hello, I'm Kylie. I'm currently a sophmore, and feel like I should start looking into careers. Though, I don't really know where to start. I do know what I do want in a job, just not very sure what jobs meet my needs. I would love some guidance on where to start! I know I am asking for a lot in a career, and those wants may not be very realistic. Please be honest with me if my dreams aren't very possible to achieve, or if I'm asking for too much. I won't get offended. -First, I love to design and problem-sovle. I'm the type of person that needs to be always doing someting. I would love to hop into a career that allows me to work on something new everyday. I do have experience when it comes to graphic design, photoshop, etc. But, I feel like I should be working on something more "physical," something that I can touch and feel. I love to work with computers and computer programs, but to be able to also work on something more traditional would be nice. Though, when it comes to designing, I do need to be able to have some creative liberty. I thrive when I'm able to work independently, I can work within a team though, and can take critisism and suggestions. I'm an over-achiever, and love to challenge myself, so much to the point where I could probably say it's an addiction of mine. I love to throw myself into tough situations, or dive into a challenging question, and find a way to overcome them. I'm happiest when I have my brain thinking, questioning, pondering. -Second, I would love to have a flexible schedule. I sadly get burntout very easily, and need time to "cleanse my mind" if that makes any sense. -Third, if it's possible- I would love to have a salary that allows me to live comfortably in Los Angeles. I know that's a lot to ask for, but it's my biggest dream. I was born in LA, my whole family's from LA, I would love to move back. -Fourth, I struggle when it comes to communicating, negotiating, etc. I'm autistic, and have had a stutter my whole life, so do what you will with that information. A job that allows me to talk to coustomers and such probably isn't the best for me. I do love talking to people though, I just suck at it. It's a skill i've been working on, and hope it's something I can master down the road. -Fifth, lastly- Here's some interests of mine that I know could defenitley make a career out of, though don't know if they match me or my values. I love the concept of transportation, as well as urban planning. I also love architecture. I do have some other interests, though nothing I can make a career out of. I'm sorry for it being so long! And asking for so much in a career. I guess I just want to have some image of what I could be or do in the future. I don't want to finish high school, without a clue of what I want to do next. That makes sense, right? Be as brutally honest as you need to :)

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rose230 views

Where are the best places to find a job in residential architecture?

I would like to have connections in the field when I go to school and I think it would be helpful to go to a school near where I want to work so that I can have community connections. I don't know where I want to live yet but I think living somewhere where I can find a great job is a good place to start.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryson577 views

Do civil engineers enjoy their job?

Is it also worth majoring in civil engineering if you want to major in engineering as it pays a lot less than the other choices? I want to do architecture based building with homes and residential properties, but some people have said civil engineering is a better pathway to get to this although I have also heard that civil engineering can tend to be very boring and people end up building a lot of boring infrastructures like bridges, roads, and hangers. What do you think?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Bryson308 views

How hard is it to get into residential architecture after college?

I know that most people after majoring in civil engineering or architecture tend to go into commerical architecture building targets and walmarts, but how hard would it relatively be in order to get into residential architecture and to find a job that would pay a lot?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jaquelin201 views

What are the best courses for engineering or architecture ?

What are the best courses for engineering or architecture?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jimena108 views

What are difficulties you face as a architectural manager?

Hi my name is Jimena and I’m a middle school student, I was wondering the difficulties architectural managers face because I’m interested in working as one when I’m older. What are difficulties you face as a architectural manager? What do you like about your career as a architectural manager?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kelly124 views

What is the best thing about collage studying Architecture and construction. ?

Hi, my name is Kelly, and I’m 12 years old, I live in Arizona one thing I enjoy is games that include renovating homes. However I am rethinking and wondering if this job is what I wanna do and what I can do. What is the best thing about college studying Architecture and construction. If any interior designer sees my message what brought you to do what you do today, and I would like is you could share your advice, thank you.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ulises654 views

What education do I need to be an a Architect?

Hi I’m a middle school student, and I live in Arizona and I would like to know how to get a job as an architect. What education do I need to be an architect how long will it take me in college/university to be an architect? What are good schools to go to for the career I want? How much will I make an hour? How much will I make a month? How much will I make a year.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Abella299 views

What soft skills are required to be an architect?

My name is Abella , I live in AZ, I want to be an architect. What soft skills are required to be an architect? What are some reason you enjoy your job?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Julian181 views

What can I do to increase the chances of being an architect?

I’m a middle school student who has been interested in architecture since I was a little kid because of a video game, Minecraft. I’ve began to wonder if that’s what I actually want to do when I’m older. What are the cons and pros to being an architect? Anyone who is or used to be an architect, can you please tell me what led you to wanting that job.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Paulo174 views

How is it like being an Architect?

If there are any Architect’s here, how much do architects make and is it worth it to be an Architect?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aaron242 views

Is being an architect, or something similar a enjoyable and fulfilling career?

I'm a sophomore in high school and an architect is one of the jobs I am wanting to pursue

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Melissa379 views

What are the best recommended classes to take in college for a residential architecture major? And will they help me pass the 7 exams to be a licensed architect?

I'm a senior in high school looking for schools to apply to that offer residential architecture majors, as if that wasnt stressful enough, I'm not sure what classes I'm supposed to take to pursue that career path!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lila510 views

What's it like to be in architect?

I am a highschooler and I'm not really sure what career I want to pursue. Architecture sounds interesting so I'm curious what the job is like, and what kind of skill are necessary to be an architect?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olivia312 views

How many years would it take to major in architecture ?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Avery564 views

What should I consider doing in high-school to prepare myself for an architectural major?

Additionally, what should I look for in a college program, and what should I learn/add to my portfolio to prepare myself for applying? I am a junior in high-school who’s taken many AP classes and challenges myself outside of school.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Giselle217 views

What do architects actually do?

What do they do on a daily, do you talk to a lot of people and do you ever get days off?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon