Career Questions tagged Drafting

Danni G.’s Avatar
Danni G. Apr 12, 2018 369 views

Is "drafter" a still-used position at engineering firms? What skills does a drafter need?

For example, if you were going to a college with vocational courses, would it make sense to try to pursue something that prepares you to become a drafter? Are engineering firms still looking for people to handle just drafting, or do they only want engineers? If they are, what are the...

#vocational-school #vocationalprograms #engineering #computer-aided-drafting #architectural-drafting #drafting #civil-engineering #vocational-planning #structural-drafting

Tyra I.’s Avatar
Tyra I. Feb 08, 2017 370 views

What type of skills do drafters have?

My career is the be a drafter #drafting #engineer...

#architect

John V.’s Avatar
John V. Sep 28, 2017 281 views

Are the jobs for CADD Drafters common or in high demand?

I am planning on getting a 2 year degree in CADD Drafting, because it's something I am very interested in, and I would like to know if I would be able to get a job after I get my degree. #design #computer-aided-drafting...

#drafting

Brandon H.’s Avatar
Brandon H. May 04, 2016 436 views

Where in the U.S. are drafting jobs needed?

Drafting has a -3 percent outlook within the next 5 years. Job numbers are declining. #cad #drafting...

#computer-aided-drafting

Darray  H.’s Avatar
Darray H. May 26, 2016 566 views

how does art benefits the not so average artist ?

I love to do art! I'm very good, but I just don't want to waste my time investing my time into something that I feel could benefit for me in the highest way possible, when it seems as if I've done so much but only moved one step. #art #illustrator #comics #drafting #drawing-skills...

#visual

Emerald W.’s Avatar
Emerald W. Dec 09, 2015 924 views

Lost looking for careers design houses

EDUCATION I'VE COMPLETED: Western Australia Certificate of Education Governor Stirling Senior High School, 2012 ; Certificate III in Media Completed at Central TAFE, 2012; Certificate II in Music; Completed at Cyril Jackson Senior High School, 2012; Certificate III Business and Certificate...

#design #real-estate #houses #building #drafting #interior

Efe O.’s Avatar
Efe O. Aug 07, 2015 589 views

How Can I Become a Drafter

I don't quite know yet what type of drafting I want to pursue, but can someone walk me through the process? My main concern is college, and if I need to attend, for how long should I go? #college #university #cad #drafting #architectural-drafting...

#structural-drafting

Cody V.’s Avatar
Cody V. Feb 07, 2015 2892 views

What are some better alternatives to ITT Tech's school of drafting and design?

In the past few weeks I have had a lot of time to consider both my interest and my options. I’ve taken the time to look at local schools and programs that they offer. The first thing I’ve decided is that I want to do something that allows me to use my creativity. the thing that has caught my...

#technical-drawing #drafting #design #cad