Career Questions tagged Vocational School

Gunnar’s Avatar
Gunnar Sep 22, 2022 298 views

Careers without College?

What caeers are there that do not require college or further education versus a vocational school?

Marcello’s Avatar
Marcello May 10, 2022 239 views

Can you give me more information on trade schools

#tradeschools sophomore in high school .

Kiere’s Avatar
Kiere May 10, 2022 318 views

Are there any careers where you can get good pay with, but without needing to go to college?

My main concern is if I need to go to college for any careers I want, which would be freelance illustration (aka taking commissions for a living) or working with animals, like pet-sitting or working/volunteering at shelter(s), and if these would pay well.

Jennifer’s Avatar
Jennifer May 09, 2018 695 views

Is a technical school better than a trade school?

What's the difference? #Difference #technical-training #trade-school #education #vocational-school #higher-education #post-secondary

Danni’s Avatar
Danni Apr 12, 2018 835 views

Is "drafter" a still-used position at engineering firms? What skills does a drafter need?

For example, if you were going to a college with vocational courses, would it make sense to try to pursue something that prepares you to become a drafter? Are engineering firms still looking for people to handle just drafting, or do they only want engineers? If they are, what are the...

Nicolas’s Avatar
Nicolas Mar 19, 2018 449 views

Why aren't more students looking at Technical Colleges

Technical Colleges offer real world training for instant job market readiness. Yet most students and High school push for big Universities and state colleges. I didn't know about my state technical college and found it almost by accident. Since then I have convinced 2 others to join, who...

Yekaterina’s Avatar
Yekaterina Jan 16, 2018 808 views

Why is trade school so taboo in the US?

In Germany, it is completely normal for students that have graduated school to go directly into a trade school instead of college; in fact, students can learn to be in IT through hands-on learning. In the US, most are encouraged to attend college for four or so years to get a degree before...