Career Questions tagged Undecided

Finding the right school or picking a dream career is difficult. Scroll through the questions and answers and see if there is anyone out there who had the same question....

lindsay P.’s Avatar
lindsay P. Sep 17

What do u want to be when u grow up

a rapper because i want to show people what i can do in life...

#undecided

Charlotte D.’s Avatar
Charlotte D. Sep 15

What career path should I take?

I don't know what I want to do.I thought I wanted to be an engineer,but I'm really good at language arts.I'm not that great at math but I love science.What do I...

#undecided

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Sep 04

Are you at a disadvantage if you apply undecided to college?

One of my main concerns is picking a major that I really like and enjoy but my interests are constantly changing so it has become a never ending circle of me going nowhere. My biggest concern is that if I don't know, will that leave me behind other people? #college #undecided...

#majors

Viansa S.’s Avatar
Viansa S. Jul 17

What is the process of choosing a major?

I'm not referring to the thought process or experimentation. I'm asking what you have to do in order to declare a major. Is there an administrator who you typically speak to and declare? Can you declare mid-year? If you go in undecided, how long before you have to declare or switch? Is it...

#college-major #major #undecided #college

Jen Z.’s Avatar
Jen Z. May 14

How do I choose a major?

I’m the type of person who is interested in everything. Some days I feel artsy and want to major in something related to theater or movies while other days I feel uncreative and want to major in physics. How do I decide? #college-major #major #college...

#undecided

Noelia G.’s Avatar
Noelia G. Apr 25
Candace C.’s Avatar
Candace C. Apr 14

Who am I? What am I doing here?

I am struggling with my own individual identity and I have so many career questions. I want to be an astronaut but sometimes I just want to be a policeman. No one really knows what they want to do honestly but I think I might just skip college and be an alien. #astronaut #mars #womenintech...

#stem #science #college #engineering #college-major #career #undecided

Candace C.’s Avatar
Candace C. Apr 13

How do I become a data scientist? Should I join Kaggle?

How many people here are on the site because you're doing the Kaggle competition? Curious as to what cities you're from and how your profession was impacted by your college major. #college #college-major #college-major #science...

#undecided

Morrow M.’s Avatar
Morrow M. Mar 01

What should I do going into college?

I'm a decent all-round student for my core classes where I will do 1 AP class for all 4 which include English, Social Studies, Math and Science by graduation. I have not done an AP test yet to know what I am good or bad at and I have no clue if it is a good idea to base this decision off these...

#college #college-advice #college-planing #career #undecided

Maddie D.’s Avatar
Maddie D. Feb 14

How do I find "my career"?

How do I find what I want to do for a living? What I want to do. #undecided #career-choice...

#career-counseling

Emily C.’s Avatar
Emily C. Oct 27, 2018

Is it okay to go into college undecided?

I've been told by some people that you shouldn't because colleges only take a certain amount of undecided majors, whereas others tell me its completely fine....

#undecided

Lauren L.’s Avatar
Lauren L. Oct 25, 2018

When making a list, how many majors do you want to keep in mind?

I have many aspirations, each completely different from another. It's hard for me to make a decision because they all have or don't have something that another major does. I would think that narrowing it down would be best when picking a college but....I don't know. I guess you should be...

#college #college-advice #college-major #major #undecided

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Aug 30, 2018

What are your experiences of going into college undecided?

I'm currently a High School senior and am very much undecided about my future or college major. I plan on going to a local Community College to try to figure out my path. So what are your experiences going in undecided? Should I go the general education route and then transfer to a 4 year with...

#collegemajors #undecided

Isabell B.’s Avatar
Isabell B. Aug 27, 2018

Do colleges prefer a student with a chosen major or a student who has chosen ‘exploratory’ as their major?

Choosing a major is sometimes difficult to do when you’re still deciding your career, do colleges prefer an applicant who who has a desired major? #major #choosing-a-major...

#undecided

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018

Passion or money?

Just from the question itself many people would have chosen passion. However, my question to that is at what point do you realize that something is your passion? Do you grow attached to the subject? What if what you’re passionate about can’t be done because of expenses, then what? When I say...

#pressure #education #undecided #college

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

#biology #marine #unknown #advice

Mia S.’s Avatar
Mia S. Aug 21, 2018

Is it not a good idea to go into college undecided?

I'm not sure what I want to do yet, but should I try to figure it out before I start college?...

#undecided

Kei B.’s Avatar
Kei B. Aug 14, 2018

I'm going to college undecided, now what?

How do I know what I want to do? #undecided...

#firstyear

Hanna W.’s Avatar
Hanna W. Jul 29, 2018

What if I want to go to college but don't know what to major in?

I have a wide range of interest in many different areas. I have no idea what i would like to major in but i do plan to go to college right out of high school. what path should i take if i am undecided by the time i start applying for colleges? #help #college-major...

#undecided

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Jul 04, 2018

Best colleges for undecided majors?

I'm a CareerVillage staff member and I'm posting this because we know that many young people are looking for the answer to this question. This is among the most popular questions searched by youth, and we're hoping you will take a moment to share your response to it. Thank you! #undecided...

#choosing-a-major #unsure #academic-advising #college #college-major

Hong An T.’s Avatar
Hong An T. May 16, 2018

Can I take only general education courses the first couple years of college?

I am unsure about what career I want and am currently debating between going into the education or medical field. I'm thinking about focusing on fulfilling the general education requirements first before going into any specific required classes. If this is possible, what classes should I take...

#general-education-questions #picking-classes #undecided

Mike L.’s Avatar
Mike L. May 08, 2018

How do I decide what career I want to choose?

I am finding it very difficult to decide what I want to spend the rest of my life doing, and I would like to know what process others took to find their paths who were as lost as me. #undecided #unsure...

#searching

Odeth B.’s Avatar
Odeth B. Apr 29, 2018

How does one know what they’re meant to be?

I always get the question on “what do you want to work as?” and my response is always “I’m not sure yet.” Im tired of giving that response and want to truly know what I’m best to specialize in. I’m honestly scared to go to college without having any clue on what I want to be for the rest of my...

#scaredofcollage #undecided #advice

Sarah H.’s Avatar
Sarah H. Apr 23, 2018

Going into college undecided?

I am going into college undecided and it makes me worried that I will not be able to find what major and ultimately what type of job to go into. Is there anything that someone found helpful to find the right path to choosing a fitting major? #undecided #major #job...

#worried