Career Questions tagged Computer

A computer is a foundation for many careers as most careers require a computer for its work. From computer engineers, social media intern, to figuring out how to clean your...

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Jun 19 70 views

Is freelancing a good hustle to work with?

I am a student in tech. I can't really find opportunities yet as a student. I decided to do freelancing. Should I focus only on my tech career? Is freelancing a good move?? I honestly don't if I am doing right in my career. The benefits of freelancing is a good pay & learn about social...

Bisika P.’s Avatar
Bisika P. Jun 18 51 views

I want to become a software engineer but i am confused which field should i go to (science or management) for 11th and 12th.

i am from nepal. so i would prefer to get relatable suggestions.

Sonali G.’s Avatar
Sonali G. Jun 16 77 views

Internship

I am pursuing bachelor of computer applications. I have to do a summer internship for a month for my academics. Since I did not got a tech internship for such a short period of time , I decided to do an internship provided by a college. The internship I am doing is not related to technical...

David O.’s Avatar
David O. Jun 16 80 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Abigail P.’s Avatar
Abigail P. Jun 14 74 views

CS intro class

I thank all the people who have given me the advice I can use. Would it be recommended to take an intro to the computer science class to see if I would like to major in Computer Science?

centajah S.’s Avatar
centajah S. Jun 13 61 views

To get your job placement, What did you have to do?

It would be helpful for me to know the difference steps it takes to get a job.

Jacob Z.’s Avatar
Jacob Z. Jun 07 59 views

What are some hard-ships you encountered out the gate of job corps in computer tech?

I need some expectations on what challenges I might face after Job Corps.

Jacob Z.’s Avatar
Jacob Z. Jun 07 82 views

What job corps certificate is best for IT/PC repair work?

Former Job Corps students, what did your certificate's get you out the gate?

Jacob Z.’s Avatar
Jacob Z. Jun 07 58 views

What education should I acquire if I want to work in an office setting as an IT/Computer Repair Technician?

So far I am working towards my office administration certificate as well as my computer technician certificate. From there I was wondering what my next step should be, I was considering getting an accelerated college degree once I was out of trade school but I know there's online certificates...

Jacob Z.’s Avatar
Jacob Z. Jun 07 76 views

What are some computer troubleshooting skills I should learn about before I join an office to be an IT guy?

I want to work in an office environment and repair computers for people from changing out the hardware and installing software for people. I guess I need more information on what skills I should learn in particular like troubleshooting wifi or peripherals things like that.

Corvon K.’s Avatar
Corvon K. May 31 75 views

How did you go about begin a technology

Im very intersting in technology i would like to know more about it

Hope W.’s Avatar
Hope W. May 28 123 views

Computer Programmers

Would you recommend working in New York or New Jersey as a Computer Programmer?

Jack S.’s Avatar
Jack S. May 22 164 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Eden P.’s Avatar
Eden P. May 17 66 views

Are there any other fields you would recommend to me?

I wanted ask this question because if i am not sure about being a distance learning coordinator what other field would you recommend i look in to.

Eden P.’s Avatar
Eden P. May 16 151 views

What is the average work schedule for an information analyst?

I wanted to ask this question because working as an information analyst would be a very important job that would mean a lot of work, so I was curious if you can choose your own hours or schedule your own vacation.

dylan B.’s Avatar
dylan B. May 13 110 views

I like to use computers and i would like to learn how to animate digitally how schools might be good for me

I would like to better learn how to animate or 2d or 3d digitally what might be some good schools

dylan B.’s Avatar
dylan B. May 13 140 views

I enjoy using computers and being creative and making things what are some good career options

I like working with computers and would like to know what careers might be good for me

Jeffrey J.’s Avatar
Jeffrey J. May 10 155 views

What should I look into before trying to become a electrical engineer

So I wanna become a electrical engineer so is there any programs or anything that I should look into before I decide to pursue this kind of career in engineering

Nicholas B.’s Avatar
Nicholas B. May 10 117 views

What is the hardest field in engineering and the easiest?

#money #engineering

Leviticus W.’s Avatar
Leviticus W. May 09 129 views

What would be a good way to build experience before jumping into the computer engineering field.

I want to do something involving fixing/ building technology, but I don't know where to start.

Yeoeun K.’s Avatar
Yeoeun K. May 05 157 views

About Computer and Information Systems Managers

Hi I have some questions about Computer and Information Systems Managers. 1. What is your favorite/least favorite part of this job? 2. How long do you work each day? 3. What is the most difficult part of your job? 4. Have you been working from home after Corona started? Or did you go to work?...

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 128 views

What steps should I take to become involved in this field?

I would like to know what my expectations should be so I can make it in this field.

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 114 views

In computer programming, what should I focus on most?

It would be helpful if there was something significant to focus on if I were to start computer programming.

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. May 03 120 views

Is it okay to get into any computer field with little to no knowledge on the subject?

Computers have always been of interest to me on many different levels, both in hardware and software. Still, I have never been in a position to expand my personal skills and knowledge of computers. To be able to create the things I have always dreamed of, I would like to program or even code in...

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 139 views

What kind of companies would hire a computer programmer?

Where would a computer programmer get hired and what skills would they be looking for?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 161 views

What entry level jobs could I take while studying computer programming in college?

What jobs would help me become a better programmer while still learning in college?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 79 views

What are some good classes to take in college for a computer programmer?

What would be good majors/minors to take in college to help prepare you to become a computer programmer?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 98 views

What is the best coding language to learn as a computer programmer?

If you have to learn multiple different types of coding languages, what would be the best one to learn that would help you to learn other languages a lot easier.

ARIANNA S.’s Avatar
ARIANNA S. Apr 27 140 views

Computer Technician- Advance Computer System Administrator Questions..

Thank you for agreeing to this informational interview. I am a Job Corps student at Cascades, and I am reaching out to you because I believe I would enjoy working in Information Technology more specifically Advanced Computer System Administrator, and I would appreciate your perspective on the...

kyle H.’s Avatar
kyle H. Apr 27 147 views

do you have to travel a lot Computer and Information Systems Managers

i am trying to get more info about this job