Career Questions tagged Computer

A computer is a foundation for many careers as most careers require a computer for its work. From computer engineers, social media intern, to figuring out how to clean your...

Alex’s Avatar
Alex Sep 28 63 views

What should a highschooler do if they want to prepare for college as a computer science major?

Henry’s Avatar
Henry Sep 27 38 views

Whats the best way to use python or any programming language ?

This is for my computer class and even though this is for my class I want this question to be answered

Jiaming’s Avatar
Jiaming Sep 27 44 views

Do a lot of jobs require coding skills?

I have no ideas about my future job. I want some suggestion from other people.

Shiying’s Avatar
Shiying Sep 27 46 views

what college is better for computer science major?

like which school and isn't that hard to get in with a ~3.9 gpa?

Henry’s Avatar
Henry Sep 27 50 views

What are some key tips for someone looking to get into computer science/programming fields?

Any information would be helpful.

Randy’s Avatar
Randy Sep 27 41 views

What should I do or start if I want to become a software developer?

What are the steps or suggestions I could start on?

Jessica’s Avatar
Jessica Sep 27 58 views

What are some recommended minors to take alongside a Computer Science major?

I'm a Junior attending Galileo High School in SF. I want to major in Computer Science but also have a love for art and video games.

Jerin’s Avatar
Jerin Sep 22 85 views

When we start a career in computer system what challenges will faced ?

Being overloaded with information, Meeting new colleagues ,Learning your team dynamics , Fitting into company culture..

Darin’s Avatar
Darin Sep 16 80 views

Is there anyway to get into the engineering field without college?

To be more exact I am talking about being able to test and develop computer hardware. I assume if you simply learned enough about parts of technology, you could just start a repair business or create a YouTube channel.

Trey’s Avatar
Trey Sep 13 74 views

Are there any good jobs that deal with computer hardware?

I'd like to find a job where I can work with hardware, are there any good ones?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 07 87 views

If I want to become a Cybersecurity Analyst, what should I get my bachelors in?

(Asking for my brother) Should I get my bachelors in computer information sciences, IT, or computer science? I was also considering my bachelors with an undergraduate cybersecurity certificate? Will I get a job if I have this combo?

gian’s Avatar
gian Sep 07 112 views

how stressful is being a computer and information system manager and whats the best part?

trying to learn more

Danielle’s Avatar
Danielle Sep 05 121 views

How to uptain work experience

I am finishing up my degree in information technology soon. But have no work experience in the field. What can I do to get some relevant experiences?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 30 126 views

Understanding the different tech careers.

I've been recently researching the different types of IT/computer degrees, and I'm struggling to understand how they differ. There seems to be a lot of overlap in the various careers. I've been able to improve my comprehension/understanding by comparing the various technology careers to the...

Javelle’s Avatar
Javelle Aug 26 169 views

My future trends are Manufacturing Engineers?

My future trends will help me in life want hard things then most people do not know.

james’s Avatar
james Aug 24 159 views

What does a electrician do on a regular day basis?

1.What do you think is the best field to get into in electrical.

2.Typically how long does it takes to get a certificate in electrical.

3.What are some tips to become a successful electrician.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 10 172 views

What is the best associates degree to get before getting a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity?

Both my younger brother and sister want to earn their associate's degree in cybersecurity, However, I'm concerned that they will be unable to find jobs after graduating with only their associate's degree. I've researched cybersecurity jobs, and discovered that most, if not all require at least...

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 249 views

How common are promotional opportunities in the field of Cyber Security (e.g: promotion wise)

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would appreciate information on how consistent or common promotional opportunities are.

Any information helps, Thank you for your time.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 142 views

What additional training/certifications/classes should I take to further my career in Cyber Security

Hi my name is Daniel I am a current cyber security prospect, I am looking to build myself, as well as my portfolio in the field and would appreciate any information or tips for a strong lucrative start.

Thank you for your time.

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 117 views

Does working in Cyber Security give you more or less time for your life

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would like to know if and how working in Cyber Security has affected your time work-wise and socially. (e.g: work hours/free time)

Riley’s Avatar
Riley Jul 19 117 views

Computer Hardware

Hey Im looking to get training a=maybe a Job in computer hardware

What would I be doing in the job

Is is worth it to get a degree here

where is the best area to go to?

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Jun 19 238 views

Is freelancing a good hustle to work with?

I am a student in tech. I can't really find opportunities yet as a student. I decided to do freelancing. Should I focus only on my tech career? Is freelancing a good move?? I honestly don't if I am doing right in my career. The benefits of freelancing is a good pay & learn about social...

Bisika’s Avatar
Bisika Jun 18 266 views

I want to become a software engineer but i am confused which field should i go to (science or management) for 11th and 12th.

i am from nepal. so i would prefer to get relatable suggestions.

Sonali’s Avatar
Sonali Jun 16 228 views

Internship

I am pursuing bachelor of computer applications. I have to do a summer internship for a month for my academics. Since I did not got a tech internship for such a short period of time , I decided to do an internship provided by a college. The internship I am doing is not related to technical...

David’s Avatar
David Jun 16 253 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Abigail’s Avatar
Abigail Jun 14 284 views

CS intro class

I thank all the people who have given me the advice I can use. Would it be recommended to take an intro to the computer science class to see if I would like to major in Computer Science?

centajah’s Avatar
centajah Jun 13 215 views

To get your job placement, What did you have to do?

It would be helpful for me to know the difference steps it takes to get a job.

Jacob’s Avatar
Jacob Jun 07 225 views

What are some hard-ships you encountered out the gate of job corps in computer tech?

I need some expectations on what challenges I might face after Job Corps.

Jacob’s Avatar
Jacob Jun 07 170 views

What job corps certificate is best for IT/PC repair work?

Former Job Corps students, what did your certificate's get you out the gate?

Jacob’s Avatar
Jacob Jun 07 218 views

What education should I acquire if I want to work in an office setting as an IT/Computer Repair Technician?

So far I am working towards my office administration certificate as well as my computer technician certificate. From there I was wondering what my next step should be, I was considering getting an accelerated college degree once I was out of trade school but I know there's online certificates...