Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Alora J.’s Avatar
Alora J. May 27 62 views

Which major should I go for to get my dream job?

I’m starting college in the fall and I’m going for a double major. My end goal is to help find sex trafficking victims online. I’m not interested or capable of doing field work. I’ll be going for computer sciences but I can’t decide if social work or criminal justice would be the right way to...

#human-trafficking #college #computer-science #job-search #career #college-major

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 89 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college #engineering #computer-science #college-major #math #minor

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 92 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#engineering #math #computer-science #stem #research #science

Hoang D.’s Avatar
Hoang D. May 10 133 views

How to get internship these days?

#internship #technology #computer-science #engineering #computer-science I am a Computer Engineering - Computer Science student, now looking for my internship for Fall. "Working hard and achieve your...

Jacqueline D.’s Avatar
Jacqueline D. May 08 111 views

Is software engineering a fulfilling job?

I'm a sophomore studying computer science at a large 4-year university. I've been doubting my major choice a lot, and whether I will be fulfilled later in life working as a software engineer or at a tech company. I work as a math tutor right now, and I really enjoy helping and interacting with...

#technology #computer #engineering #computer-science #science

Julio G.’s Avatar
Julio G. May 07 97 views
M A.’s Avatar
M A. May 07 122 views

can you help find a volunteering or an internship opportunity ?

i am a potential computer science student .looking for an internship or volunteering opportunity that will allow me to utilize my problem solving skills and attention to detail to further develop my abilities in the field of computer science. #internship #computer-science #computer #science...

#technology

Arshdeep K.’s Avatar
Arshdeep K. May 06 68 views

What type of online work is this?

I am a computer engineer currently pursuing advanced diploma in Computer Systems networking technology at Centennial College. I am finding it really hard to get a job related to my field. For even the smallest positions they ask for years of experience which I do not have and I do not know what...

#computer #computer-science

Maya P.’s Avatar
Maya P. Apr 24 70 views

For those working on the IT side of healthcare, how much of your knowledge actually pertains to biomedical sciences and how much is of computer science?

I'm a student who wants to go into biotechnology, however, I'm also interested in #computer-science and would like to see how biomed and programming go hand in...

Yixuan Z.’s Avatar
Yixuan Z. Apr 21 90 views

As a non-ComputerScience student, how can I get a job in data science?

I am a student in Geoscience with great passion in Data Science, I self-learned many data science courses in Coursera and conducted several projects. My dream job is data analyst/scientist. I am not sure how to get the 1st job/intern/part-time in the data science. Any advices?? Thank you....

#career #job-search #computer-science

Somali P.’s Avatar
Somali P. Apr 15 67 views

Can i apply for campus ambassador or any internship program?

I’m looking for the opportunity to expand my learning, put to use my skills and experience, work in a team. #programming #computer #internship #personal-development #studentintern ship #computer-science...

#technology

Afolabi O.’s Avatar
Afolabi O. Apr 07 187 views

How to make money from doing what you love

I am a computer science undergraduate, I am not a fan of programming like that, I do and I like it though but I love coaching and acting. But making it in coaching and acting is a tough one.#computer-science #acting...

#career

Gabe P.’s Avatar
Gabe P. Apr 03 180 views

Is it smart to get a second bachelor's degree in Information Technology?

Hi. I'm Amy - I go by Gabe. I have a bachelor's degree in political science and a master's degree in public administration . I am in the process of changing career paths into information technology and am particularly interested in moving into a cyber security role, maybe in cloud security. I...

#technology #cyber-security #computer-science #information-technology #programming

Chelsie F.’s Avatar
Chelsie F. Mar 18 128 views

How might COVID19 affect research opportunities within academic institutions?

I am majoring in Computer Science and Digital Art and was hoping to get involved with research as a means to build my resume. As far as computer science goes, I am interested in cybersecurity, software engineering, and/or curriculum development for computer science learning. As for digital...

#college #engineering #computer-science #digital-art #research #covid-19 #software

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14 200 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

#technology #computer-science #internship #career #covid-19 #web-development #programming

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 17 168 views

Which Web Developer role or Stack is higher in demand, Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack? Why?

This question intrigues me since I've believed that back-end has always had a higher barrier to entry to the mathematics behind it, and front-end being for those who have a knack for design, making front-end usually more popular, however, with varying responses on the internet I'm slightly...

#technology #computer #computer-science #career #web-development

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 13 138 views

To What Extent Does the Prestige or Brand Name Affect an Aspiring engineer Looking For a Position At a Fortune 500 Company?

I've heard over and over again on how there are certain target schools such as Stanford, Waterloo, Harvard, Berkeley and others that are really beneficial in obtaining an internship quite efficiently. What I haven't heard many talks about is how this brand name would affect you when applying...

#technology #job #college #computer-science #career #job-search

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 07 187 views

Are there any University Programs which combine both Finance and Computing? How Do they Work?

This is one question that has been lingering in the back of my mind for a very long time. I have developed a pretty solid foundation in finance and accounting, as well as developed a passion for stem and computing through hobbies and extracurriculars. I have found this one program at the...

#technology #computing #college #computer-science #finance #accounting #business

DJ R.’s Avatar
DJ R. Mar 04 114 views

What's the hardest thing you've ever done with CST?

I'm entering the Computer Service Tech career path, and I'm wondering what the biggest challenge others in that field have had to overcome #computer-science #computer #technology...

#computer-software

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 115 views
Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 113 views

What do you think is your greatest strength?

U of T life sciences student, 2nd year. #science #psychology #computer-science...

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 03 215 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

#career-advice #technology #engineering #computer-science #data-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 01 163 views

How Should I Start Learning about Machine Learning at the Age of 15?

I don't want to be jumping all over the place, but this is just to keep in the side of my mind as I refine my web development skills and learn the general tools that a full-stack engineer utilizes. At 15, how do you recommend I begin to take interest in machine learning? I've always found it...

#technology #computer #engineering #computer-science #data-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 163 views

Is there any way to earn an internship as a high school student with lack luster extracurriculars? If not, what extracurriculars would help me get there?

I'm currently in grade 10, and actually in no rush to obtain one yet. But this is my goal soon. I want to intern at either a STEM or technical facility that would help me gain hands-on experience while boosting my application for university, but I am unsure how I will achieve this. One...

#college #computer-science #internship #stem