Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Jamie J.’s Avatar
Jamie J. 2 days ago 95 views

How necessary is it to get a college degree for web development or UI/UX design?

I am a current high school senior considering whether or not I want to dedicate four year’s time and go into debt for a bachelor’s degree in computer science with a minor in design. I am hoping to get online certificates and take online courses instead as I’ve heard the computer science/design...

#user-experience #uxdesign #uidesign #design #technology #computer #web-development #computer-science #graphic-design

Engoron L.’s Avatar
Engoron L. Sep 17 45 views

How difficult is it to jump into a career for CS regarding specific branches of it?

I'm a high school senior seeking to pursue a major in Computer Science in college/university because I'm passionate about a particular branch in CS, AI. As AIs are becoming more practical, intelligent, and utilized, I'm fascinated by all the capabilities that AI has across a spectrum of...

#college #computer-science

Jayden Z.’s Avatar
Jayden Z. Sep 15 62 views

What is the best way to balance learning or working for a career you are interested all while doing a side hobby/gig to help better yourself financially?

I am interested in Computer Science, Graphical Design/Art, Computer Engineering as well as Video Production. My experience varies in those categories but all the while, I want to maintain a side gig in college so I am able to self-sustain myself. #computer-science #computer...

#computer-software #computer-engineering #design

Calvin Y.’s Avatar
Calvin Y. Sep 15 35 views

What are the benefits of being a computer science engineer apart from the obvious reason being income?

I am looking into majoring in computer science when I go to college and hope for a job that I personally can find fun and have a stable amount of income. #computer-science...

#computer-programming

Iakov T.’s Avatar
Iakov T. Sep 14 123 views

Why is it so important to get a degree?

Why is it so important to get a degree in CS when most people are self taught in the field? - From a high school student whos thinking about going to college for a computer science degree, though already very knowledgeable with most programming languages #computer-science #college #computer...

#science #college-major

Kailun C.’s Avatar
Kailun C. Sep 14 42 views

Will AI make fields like computer science less and less require for human coding?

I'm a student that is interested in computer science but with the rise of AIs in different fields, will it make fields like computer science less and less to request human coding? #computer-science...

#coding

Damian R.’s Avatar
Damian R. Sep 14 78 views

How did you get into the Technology field and is the work as ambitious as I think it is? Am I on the right path given my circumstances?

I'm a young man highly interested in pursuing a career in Technology. Specifically, I want to be apart of something where innovation and the development of new, cutting edge technology is apart of the goal, working for companies like SpaceX, Tesla, Apple, or Microsoft. As of right now with my...

#computer-science #job #science #technology

Connor F.’s Avatar
Connor F. Sep 14 29 views

Am I required to serve for a certain amount of time before getting a degree in the Air Force?

I'm a senior in HS, and was planning to go into the Air Force, get a paid education in Computer Science/Cyber Security, and then work with them for a few years with that degree. Recently, I saw somebody in a similar situation online say that they served 4 years and then went to college using...

#college #information-technology #computer-science

Robert M.’s Avatar
Robert M. Aug 31 73 views

What are some jobs available to those with training in computer networking and cyber security

I'm a student enrolled in Job Corps and I'm intend to go into the Computer Networking training then the Cyber Security after. I'm curious as to what kind of Jobs are available to someone with that kind of training. Are there any that offer a flexible schedule in case I wanted to further my...

#information-technology #computer-science

Robert M.’s Avatar
Robert M. Aug 31 63 views

What Skills and Training are needed to be an Information Security Analyst.

I'm A Student enrolled in Job Corps going in for training in Computer Networking and Cyber Security. Information Security Analyst is an occupation that I've been looking into and I was wondering what training is necessary to be one. #information-technology...

#computer-science

Pius H.’s Avatar
Pius H. Aug 31 70 views

Computer Support Specialist

# #computer-science #computer #information-technology What pathway would you suggest me to a successful future in becoming one? And which degree should I be aiming for in...

Isaac A.’s Avatar
Isaac A. Aug 26 109 views

About Full Stack Web Development

I am #computer-science UG student and want to know about all the required skills to get an entry level job.#webdevelopment...

#requiredskills

Jonathan D.’s Avatar
Jonathan D. Aug 20 96 views

What kind of in-depth description could I get for the daily schedule, requirements, and work environment of a Computer Scientist?

I am in eighth grade, and I want to get a better understanding of Computer scientists....

#computer-science

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aug 10 98 views

Should I do a dual degree or a double minor?

I'm a freshman in college. At the moment, I am majoring in information systems. I'm thinking of a future career in data science, more specifically as a data scientist. Though, as a freshman, this is subject to change. I was thinking of doing a dual degree in data science. But another option is...

#college #minor #college-advice #informationsystems #statisics #techonolgy #dualdegree #computer-science #datascience

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Aug 05 113 views

What are the types of jobs available in cyber security/what are your daily tasks?

There are different types of jobs available in cyber security ranging from penetration tester to cyber security analysts. If you hold any of type of position in cyber security, what are some projects/daily tasks you have? What do you find interesting about them and why? #information-technology...

#cyber-security #computer-science #technology

Ismael O.’s Avatar
Ismael O. Jul 28 122 views

What do I have to do in order to learn proper syntax in Java

I really want to get into computer science and really just dive deep and learn and absorb everything I can. #computer-science #computer...

#computer-programming

Barbara J.’s Avatar
Barbara J. Jul 27 122 views

Should i switch or not?

So tbh i chose Machine learning engineering mostly because my high school gpa and some other skills would be most useful there -except math, god i hate math , never being good at that- . Im creative unluckily in my country graphic design is severely underpayed ( not even kidding, you can make...

#college #career #computer-science #engineering #math