Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Muhammad D.’s Avatar
Muhammad D. Sep 20 149 views

I’m on my final year in bachelor of computer science and I’m having a cgpa of 3.1 . What should I do after graduate?

I think I already ruined my future . Is there anything I can do to become a developer? #bachelors-degree #computer-science...

#jobs

Sharar S.’s Avatar
Sharar S. Jul 13 280 views

I don't know what to pursue in, and I can't find motivation to find it either.

I don't feel motivated by anything to try and find out what I want to do. I thought I might've have wanted to go into the computer science field, but now I realized that it's not the direction I think I should go. So I don't know what I want to do now. #career #computer-science #career-choice...

#career-path

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10 74 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#computer-science #internship #football #coaching #jobs #film

Tomi A.’s Avatar
Tomi A. Jul 27 175 views

How to know what Computer Science Major is best for your interests?

I'm in highschool and about to start the college application process, but when I think about what major I want to be in and what school best supports that major it's difficult because many colleges say "computer science" or "computer engineering" and I don't understand the difference. How do I...

#computer-science #majors #college

Babita G.’s Avatar
Babita G. Jul 22 139 views

My question is how do I find tech companies who are hiring non-residents?

My major is computer science and I’m an international student. After graduation we can apply to work for a year as a part of practical training. But I’m worried about my career after that because my one work permit will expire and can’t be renewed since I’m a non-resident of US. I have to find...

#computer-science #july20 #international-student #technology

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17 104 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#computer-science #applicationsecurity #computer-security #stem #july20 #womeninstem #careerdevelopment #cybersecurity #career #computerscience #informationsecurity #technology

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jul 10 191 views

What are good occupations in the engineering department these days?

I like to build things and I am interested in learning more about coding and technology. I also enjoy photography. #engineering...

#computer-science

Anthony F.’s Avatar
Anthony F. Jul 10 159 views

What is the hardest part of getting to be and being a graduate with a Computer Science degree

I like to work hard and and i love technology Im the type of person that doesn't like to wait for people to do things for me if i can do myself I'd rather do it myself . #computer-science...

#technology

Khadija S.’s Avatar
Khadija S. Jun 29 248 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #college #computer #computer-science...

#college-major

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29 195 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#networking #computer-science #software-engineering #technology

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21 350 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#computer #computer-science #software #engineering #math

Dhabya I.’s Avatar
Dhabya I. Jun 19 119 views

Is majoring in both computer science and psychology possible?

I’m a year 10 student and I know It’s way too early to start thinking about what I should major in when I get into college, but I can’t help but think about it because I’m stuck between computer science and psychology, I love both equally, so I thought, maybe I could major in both but I’m not...

#college-major #psychology #computer-science

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 12 486 views

How should someone with no programming or coding background and knowledge start programming and coding?

Are there certain websites for learning? What subjects should I start with? Which languages are the most beginner friendly? #programming #coding #technology...

#computer-science

Alora J.’s Avatar
Alora J. May 27 273 views

Which major should I go for to get my dream job?

I’m starting college in the fall and I’m going for a double major. My end goal is to help find sex trafficking victims online. I’m not interested or capable of doing field work. I’ll be going for computer sciences but I can’t decide if social work or criminal justice would be the right way to...

#college-major #computer-science #human-trafficking #job-search #college #career

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 418 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#minor #computer-science #college-major #major #college #engineering #math

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 303 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#computer-science #research #stem #science #engineering #math

Hoang D.’s Avatar
Hoang D. May 10 281 views

How to get internship these days?

#internship #technology #computer-science #engineering #computer-science I am a Computer Engineering - Computer Science student, now looking for my internship for Fall. "Working hard and achieve your...

Jacqueline D.’s Avatar
Jacqueline D. May 08 309 views

Is software engineering a fulfilling job?

I'm a sophomore studying computer science at a large 4-year university. I've been doubting my major choice a lot, and whether I will be fulfilled later in life working as a software engineer or at a tech company. I work as a math tutor right now, and I really enjoy helping and interacting with...

#computer #computer-science #science #technology #engineering

Julio G.’s Avatar
Julio G. May 07 215 views
M A.’s Avatar
M A. May 07 199 views

can you help find a volunteering or an internship opportunity ?

i am a potential computer science student .looking for an internship or volunteering opportunity that will allow me to utilize my problem solving skills and attention to detail to further develop my abilities in the field of computer science. #internship #computer-science #computer #science...

#technology

Arshdeep K.’s Avatar
Arshdeep K. May 06 144 views

What type of online work is this?

I am a computer engineer currently pursuing advanced diploma in Computer Systems networking technology at Centennial College. I am finding it really hard to get a job related to my field. For even the smallest positions they ask for years of experience which I do not have and I do not know what...

#computer #computer-science