Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Mike F.’s Avatar
Mike F. Mar 04 100 views

Is there any particular way that code should be formatted?

I look at my code sometimes and see that I do things pretty messily, and although I leave notes sometimes I look at the lines I have and dislike the way that they're arranged. Is there a specific way that code "should" be made to look like or is it okay just to leave notes if it works...

#tech #programming #computer-science

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26, 2020 193 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

Maya P.’s Avatar
Maya P. Nov 13, 2020 109 views

How can a high schooler obtain a machine learning/AI internship?

Where would a high schooler (assuming they have the necessary programming skills) find valuable internships in the field of ML/AI? What would make them stand out as applicants? #computer-science #summer-internship #internship...

#high-school-student

N Q.’s Avatar
N Q. Nov 13, 2020 198 views

How do I earn points?

I am a high school senior that is a member of the Ten 80 Racing Royals team at my school. Due to Covid-19, my school is participating in the iNSL iRacing Innovation Challenge. We have never participated in this program before. I need help understanding how my team is going to earn points...

#covid-19 #technology #school #virtual #high-school #competition #computer-science

Muhammad D.’s Avatar
Muhammad D. Sep 20, 2020 278 views
Sharar S.’s Avatar
Sharar S. Jul 13, 2020 399 views

I don't know what to pursue in, and I can't find motivation to find it either.

I don't feel motivated by anything to try and find out what I want to do. I thought I might've have wanted to go into the computer science field, but now I realized that it's not the direction I think I should go. So I don't know what I want to do now. #career #computer-science #career-choice...

#career-path

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10, 2020 142 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#internship #football #coaching #jobs #film #computer-science

Tomi A.’s Avatar
Tomi A. Jul 27, 2020 271 views

How to know what Computer Science Major is best for your interests?

I'm in highschool and about to start the college application process, but when I think about what major I want to be in and what school best supports that major it's difficult because many colleges say "computer science" or "computer engineering" and I don't understand the difference. How do I...

#majors #college #computer-science

Babita G.’s Avatar
Babita G. Jul 22, 2020 226 views

My question is how do I find tech companies who are hiring non-residents?

My major is computer science and I’m an international student. After graduation we can apply to work for a year as a part of practical training. But I’m worried about my career after that because my one work permit will expire and can’t be renewed since I’m a non-resident of US. I have to find...

#international-student #july20 #technology #computer-science

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 187 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#careerdevelopment #technology #stem #july20 #applicationsecurity #cybersecurity #computer-science #computerscience #career #informationsecurity #computer-security #womeninstem

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jul 10, 2020 261 views

What are good occupations in the engineering department these days?

I like to build things and I am interested in learning more about coding and technology. I also enjoy photography. #engineering...

#computer-science

Anthony F.’s Avatar
Anthony F. Jul 10, 2020 263 views

What is the hardest part of getting to be and being a graduate with a Computer Science degree

I like to work hard and and i love technology Im the type of person that doesn't like to wait for people to do things for me if i can do myself I'd rather do it myself . #computer-science...

#technology

Khadija S.’s Avatar
Khadija S. Jun 29, 2020 351 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #college #computer #computer-science...

#college-major

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 29, 2020 274 views

Would Gaining Certification Level Knowledge for Networking be a Waste if One Wants to Pursue a Career in Software Engineering?

Recently, I've been learning some computer networking in my spare time regarding topics on the CCNA. Although IT is quite interesting and intriguing, I'm leaning towards software development, as I like building new things that can be of use to others. Should I learn the CCNA topics in my spare...

#software-engineering #networking #technology #computer-science

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21, 2020 498 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#engineering #math #computer-science #software #computer

Dhabya I.’s Avatar
Dhabya I. Jun 19, 2020 223 views

Is majoring in both computer science and psychology possible?

I’m a year 10 student and I know It’s way too early to start thinking about what I should major in when I get into college, but I can’t help but think about it because I’m stuck between computer science and psychology, I love both equally, so I thought, maybe I could major in both but I’m not...

#college-major #psychology #computer-science

Effie M.’s Avatar
Effie M. Jun 12, 2020 710 views

How should someone with no programming or coding background and knowledge start programming and coding?

Are there certain websites for learning? What subjects should I start with? Which languages are the most beginner friendly? #programming #coding #technology...

#computer-science

Alora J.’s Avatar
Alora J. May 27, 2020 382 views

Which major should I go for to get my dream job?

I’m starting college in the fall and I’m going for a double major. My end goal is to help find sex trafficking victims online. I’m not interested or capable of doing field work. I’ll be going for computer sciences but I can’t decide if social work or criminal justice would be the right way to...

#job-search #career #human-trafficking #college-major #college #computer-science