Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Chelsie F.’s Avatar
Chelsie F. Mar 18 46 views

How might COVID19 affect research opportunities within academic institutions?

I am majoring in Computer Science and Digital Art and was hoping to get involved with research as a means to build my resume. As far as computer science goes, I am interested in cybersecurity, software engineering, and/or curriculum development for computer science learning. As for digital...

#engineering #research #college #digital-art #computer-science #covid-19 #software

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14 96 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

#programming #career #web-development #computer-science #technology #covid-19 #internship

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 17 65 views

Which Web Developer role or Stack is higher in demand, Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack? Why?

This question intrigues me since I've believed that back-end has always had a higher barrier to entry to the mathematics behind it, and front-end being for those who have a knack for design, making front-end usually more popular, however, with varying responses on the internet I'm slightly...

#computer #career #web-development #computer-science #technology

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 13 71 views

To What Extent Does the Prestige or Brand Name Affect an Aspiring engineer Looking For a Position At a Fortune 500 Company?

I've heard over and over again on how there are certain target schools such as Stanford, Waterloo, Harvard, Berkeley and others that are really beneficial in obtaining an internship quite efficiently. What I haven't heard many talks about is how this brand name would affect you when applying...

#career #college #computer-science #technology #job #job-search

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 07 69 views

Are there any University Programs which combine both Finance and Computing? How Do they Work?

This is one question that has been lingering in the back of my mind for a very long time. I have developed a pretty solid foundation in finance and accounting, as well as developed a passion for stem and computing through hobbies and extracurriculars. I have found this one program at the...

#business #college #computer-science #technology #computing #accounting #finance

DJ R.’s Avatar
DJ R. Mar 05 53 views

Can I interview someone?

I'm looking for someone in the computer service field to interview for a school assignment #interviews...

#computer-science

DJ R.’s Avatar
DJ R. Mar 04 31 views

What's the hardest thing you've ever done with CST?

I'm entering the Computer Service Tech career path, and I'm wondering what the biggest challenge others in that field have had to overcome #computer-science #computer #technology...

#computer-software

Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 47 views
Ze Y.’s Avatar
Ze Y. Mar 04 64 views

What do you think is your greatest strength?

U of T life sciences student, 2nd year. #science #psychology #computer-science...

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 03 111 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

#data-science #career-advice #computer-science #technology #engineering

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 01 76 views

How Should I Start Learning about Machine Learning at the Age of 15?

I don't want to be jumping all over the place, but this is just to keep in the side of my mind as I refine my web development skills and learn the general tools that a full-stack engineer utilizes. At 15, how do you recommend I begin to take interest in machine learning? I've always found it...

#data-science #computer #computer-science #technology #engineering

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 72 views

Is there any way to earn an internship as a high school student with lack luster extracurriculars? If not, what extracurriculars would help me get there?

I'm currently in grade 10, and actually in no rush to obtain one yet. But this is my goal soon. I want to intern at either a STEM or technical facility that would help me gain hands-on experience while boosting my application for university, but I am unsure how I will achieve this. One...

#stem #college #internship #computer-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 132 views

As a 10th grader what extracurriculars and average should I aim for if looking to apply to computer science?

I'm in 10th grade and trying to work my way towards computer science at waterloo or UOFT. My projected average is 91, mainly because I didn't try that hard first semester, but I understand the sacrifice I must make now. Any advice on volunteer activities or extracurriculars I should pursue to...

#technology #college #computer-science

Maria R.’s Avatar
Maria R. Feb 21 87 views

What are good personal attributes and qualities to be a good candidate for the computer science field?

I'm considering going into computer science in my future, so I would love to know what qualities would be good to have to be able to make a good candidate for computer science. #computer #computer-science #science #technology #computer-software...

#qualities

Maria R.’s Avatar
Maria R. Feb 21 100 views

I'm looking to increase the amount of exposure teens like me (17) have to coding and computer sciences so they can take it into account when thinking about their future like I'm doing. What could be the best way to do so?

I've thought about this a lot and I think organizing a workshop in schools that do not include computer science courses in their curriculum is the way to go. During the workshops, students will be taught to program in certain languages by experts, although I still nee a lot more planning. I am...

#volunteer #computer #education #planning #computer-science #technology #computer-software

Maria R.’s Avatar
Maria R. Feb 21 73 views

I want to enroll in the computer science program in dawson cegep, it is a three year program, but what if I'm wrong when I think I'll like it?

I am about to enroll in the computer science program in Dawson, it's a three year program and I honestly do not want to lose time. I've done computer coding and analysis before and i loved it, it was my best class, but it was a long time ago and I'm not sure if I'll keep liking it when I get...

#computer #college #computer-science #technology #computer-software

Advik N.’s Avatar
Advik N. Feb 13 65 views

How can I join this volunteer program?

I really love computer science and coding. I want to major in computer science and I would love this opportunity to try and get myself accustomed to programming. I would love to volunteer and try to help out others in coding. I also see this as an opportunity to learn more about computer...

#computer-science

imoni S.’s Avatar
imoni S. Jan 15 167 views

How many years of college do i have to do to become a computer science support specialist ?

I am a 12th grade student and I would like to major in computer science and become a computer science support specialist. #computer-science #college #computer...

#technology

Brandon W.’s Avatar
Brandon W. Dec 17, 2019 113 views

What kind of challenges will I be facing as a Data Scientist?

I am 24 and I really like numbers and statistics. I have a variety of experiences in computer skills ranging from HTML and programming, to hardware and software installation. I never really considered a job in computers however the education required versus the salary available is very...

#computer #computer-science #technology #software #computer-programming #datascientist

lawton P.’s Avatar
lawton P. Dec 13, 2019 142 views

how hard is computer networking/coding?

i like computers a lot and was just wondering how hard this stuff is, i know quite a bit....

#computer-science

Anthony E.’s Avatar
Anthony E. Dec 04, 2019 181 views

what carrier should i have

I love playing basketball and football but i am not that athletic to become one. I do love science like the solar system. i like building things. Also like working on computers. I also want to learn how to cook. #computer-science #sports...

#technology

Ram L.’s Avatar
Ram L. Nov 26, 2019 120 views

How different would a path be for someone wanting to do data science work by taking a graduate program in Business Analytics instead of the traditional Data Science path?

Hi, I'm a Computer Science graduate. I'm planning for a Master's program and the Business Analytics program looks interesting, but most programs are 10months, comparing that with a MSCS programs? How different of a job role would it be. Thanks. #computer-science #business #graduate-school...

#masters-program #business-analytics