Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Ziah H.’s Avatar
Ziah H. 2 days ago 71 views

What would be the best way to learn coding or for a career in computer science?

I am in 11th grade. I find websites and the creation of code interesting. #computer-science # #coding #technology...

#programming

Hossain M.’s Avatar
Hossain M. Jun 16 100 views
Jefferson M.’s Avatar
Jefferson M. Jun 11 71 views

What are some jobs that have coding as one of the components of the work?

I am in high school, I've always loved math and want to get into coding since it looks fun and can help you do many cool things. #coding #technology #math...

#computer-science

raj P.’s Avatar
raj P. Jun 10 56 views

how can i learn programming with master in biotech

i have completed bachleor in biotech and want to pursue master in biotech but with computer duality degree #programming #computer-programming #computer #computer-science...

Jhoselin A.’s Avatar
Jhoselin A. Jun 08 53 views

Are classes in computer coding difficult to take? Are there many people in the field?

I like to code because it makes me feel different from the rest because there aren't many women in this field. Taking computer classes in high school made me realize that when I was the only girl in those classes. After finishing a program after lots of time and effort I always feel proud,...

#computer-software #computer-engineering #computer-science

kahera G.’s Avatar
kahera G. Jun 07 37 views
Mike F.’s Avatar
Mike F. Mar 04 218 views

Is there any particular way that code should be formatted?

I look at my code sometimes and see that I do things pretty messily, and although I leave notes sometimes I look at the lines I have and dislike the way that they're arranged. Is there a specific way that code "should" be made to look like or is it okay just to leave notes if it works...

#tech #programming #computer-science

Akshay S.’s Avatar
Akshay S. Nov 26, 2020 241 views

How to go about getting a summer internship related to computational biology as a high school sophomore?

I am a high school sophomore in the Bay Area with class work experience in Python, R, Matlab and Java. This year, I am taking graph theory and applied statistics courses. I am further interested in applications of math to chemistry and biology. #math #biology #computer-science #high-school...

#givingiscaring

Maya P.’s Avatar
Maya P. Nov 13, 2020 163 views

How can a high schooler obtain a machine learning/AI internship?

Where would a high schooler (assuming they have the necessary programming skills) find valuable internships in the field of ML/AI? What would make them stand out as applicants? #computer-science #summer-internship #internship...

#high-school-student

N Q.’s Avatar
N Q. Nov 13, 2020 232 views

How do I earn points?

I am a high school senior that is a member of the Ten 80 Racing Royals team at my school. Due to Covid-19, my school is participating in the iNSL iRacing Innovation Challenge. We have never participated in this program before. I need help understanding how my team is going to earn points...

#competition #computer-science #high-school #technology #covid-19 #school #virtual

Muhammad D.’s Avatar
Muhammad D. Sep 20, 2020 339 views
Sharar S.’s Avatar
Sharar S. Jul 13, 2020 431 views

I don't know what to pursue in, and I can't find motivation to find it either.

I don't feel motivated by anything to try and find out what I want to do. I thought I might've have wanted to go into the computer science field, but now I realized that it's not the direction I think I should go. So I don't know what I want to do now. #career #computer-science #career-choice...

#career-path

Shaima M.’s Avatar
Shaima M. Sep 10, 2020 186 views

Computer Science Degree in Football Analytics?

Hi! So Im a current Computer Science major that really wants to work in the football industry. I'd like a job where I can be hands-on with the team by presenting stats and data, and being able to break down film with coaches and also be able to be there during practice/games. Is there a job...

#computer-science #football #coaching #jobs #film #internship

Tomi A.’s Avatar
Tomi A. Jul 27, 2020 314 views

How to know what Computer Science Major is best for your interests?

I'm in highschool and about to start the college application process, but when I think about what major I want to be in and what school best supports that major it's difficult because many colleges say "computer science" or "computer engineering" and I don't understand the difference. How do I...

#majors #computer-science #college

Babita G.’s Avatar
Babita G. Jul 22, 2020 286 views

My question is how do I find tech companies who are hiring non-residents?

My major is computer science and I’m an international student. After graduation we can apply to work for a year as a part of practical training. But I’m worried about my career after that because my one work permit will expire and can’t be renewed since I’m a non-resident of US. I have to find...

#international-student #july20 #technology #computer-science

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 231 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#womeninstem #technology #computer-science #cybersecurity #informationsecurity #career #applicationsecurity #july20 #computerscience #stem #computer-security #careerdevelopment

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jul 10, 2020 293 views

What are good occupations in the engineering department these days?

I like to build things and I am interested in learning more about coding and technology. I also enjoy photography. #engineering...

#computer-science

Anthony F.’s Avatar
Anthony F. Jul 10, 2020 304 views

What is the hardest part of getting to be and being a graduate with a Computer Science degree

I like to work hard and and i love technology Im the type of person that doesn't like to wait for people to do things for me if i can do myself I'd rather do it myself . #computer-science...

#technology

Khadija S.’s Avatar
Khadija S. Jun 29, 2020 397 views

As a high school student, how do I know if computer science is the right college major for me?

I'm a 16 year old rising high school senior, and I've been learning how to code in my free time for the past year or so. I've decided that I want to study computer science in college, but I'm still not entirely sure about my decision. #college #computer #computer-science...

#college-major