Career Questions tagged Computer Science

With a heavy focus on solving puzzles, mathematical skills, and learning a computer language, computer science focuses on software and software systems. Popular careers include programming, hardware engineer, and data...

Jack S.’s Avatar
Jack S. 2 days ago 88 views

Computer Science/Programming Languages

Do you think that it's worth going to college to get a Computer Science Major/Programming Experience? I heard that coding boot camps do the same, but for less than the tuition that colleges charge you. What are your opinions on learning programming/computer science on websites like this...

Eden P.’s Avatar
Eden P. May 16 82 views

What is the average work schedule for an information analyst?

I wanted to ask this question because working as an information analyst would be a very important job that would mean a lot of work, so I was curious if you can choose your own hours or schedule your own vacation.

David Jolly M.’s Avatar
David Jolly M. May 09 48 views

What can I do to develop technology for health in Africa?

I am currently a final-year medical student in Uganda. I have learned data analysis with R, moving on to learn machine learning. I am also learning python. I am interested in working majorly on AI for health

So24fia H.’s Avatar
So24fia H. May 06 63 views

How to make a good CV ?

Hello!

I was wondering what makes a good CV.

I am a bachelor student majoring in computer science and minoring in business administration. I still don't have any work experience, how can I attract the real world with my CV?

Thank you!

So24fia H.’s Avatar
So24fia H. May 06 67 views

Programming languages

Hello!

I am a college student majoring in computer science. I have realised that not everything is taught in a classroom, therefore I don't know which language should I pick up next. I studied C, Java, SQL, HTML. I am currently learning CSS, but what should be next?
Thank you!

Colton D.’s Avatar
Colton D. May 05 97 views

What degrees can you get that get you a job programming?

I see that the main thing you need to get hired as a computer programmer is a bachelors degree of some sort. I've seen that the main one you want is a degree in computer and information technology but what other degrees can apply?

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 133 views
Colton D.’s Avatar
Colton D. May 05 87 views

What is the schedule of a computer programmer?

What is the schedule of a computer programmer on a day to day basis? Do they make their own hours or does it depend on where they work? How long is an average work day?

Ethan D.’s Avatar
Ethan D. May 05 95 views

How did you get started coding?

In class we are discussing career opportunities and are trying to find information on different careers.

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 101 views

What steps should I take to become involved in this field?

I would like to know what my expectations should be so I can make it in this field.

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 81 views

In computer programming, what should I focus on most?

It would be helpful if there was something significant to focus on if I were to start computer programming.

mario F.’s Avatar
mario F. May 03 94 views

When stuck on a topic of coding is it better to try and fail or watch someone just get it right?

I'm asking this question because sometimes when I watch a tutorial about learning a certain way of doing something while I know its the right way sometimes I still fail to understand it

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. May 03 102 views

Is it okay to get into any computer field with little to no knowledge on the subject?

Computers have always been of interest to me on many different levels, both in hardware and software. Still, I have never been in a position to expand my personal skills and knowledge of computers. To be able to create the things I have always dreamed of, I would like to program or even code in...

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. May 03 75 views

do you regret going into computer science?

for those who are software engineers- is there work life balance? is working on a computer for most of the day draining?

Adam P.’s Avatar
Adam P. May 02 83 views
Adam P.’s Avatar
Adam P. May 02 87 views

I heard it can be difficult to find a job in coding because different job qualifications are so specific that they need someone either with experience or very capable of learning and adapting is this true

a family friend who has a job in coding drones had told me it was very difficult for him to find a job out of college because the different jobs had such specific requirements in qualifications that he had to find a job that would accept him and offer job training is this true for most jobs in...

Adam P.’s Avatar
Adam P. May 02 78 views

if I were to go into a career of coding what kind of work life would I see

would I generally go into an office or would a lot of it be in my own home and other things along those lines

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 96 views

What is the best way to meet other programmers and learn from them?

Are there any groups I can join or websites I can go to and find others to teach or learn from?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 105 views

What kind of companies would hire a computer programmer?

Where would a computer programmer get hired and what skills would they be looking for?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 79 views

What is the best coding language to learn as a computer programmer?

If you have to learn multiple different types of coding languages, what would be the best one to learn that would help you to learn other languages a lot easier.

Hunter G.’s Avatar
Hunter G. Apr 28 90 views
ARIANNA S.’s Avatar
ARIANNA S. Apr 27 94 views

Computer Technician- Advance Computer System Administrator Questions..

Thank you for agreeing to this informational interview. I am a Job Corps student at Cascades, and I am reaching out to you because I believe I would enjoy working in Information Technology more specifically Advanced Computer System Administrator, and I would appreciate your perspective on the...

Jervoris B.’s Avatar
Jervoris B. Apr 26 108 views

Is coding a hard focus area for a Computer Engineer?

Hi, I am a senior Computer Engineering major. I have no experience in the field and I would like to be able to get into the field without being completely lost.

Scarlett G.’s Avatar
Scarlett G. Apr 26 102 views

I'm looking at a career in the Army that involves coding/computer skills and I have a few questions.

a. How do cyber jobs interact with the military?
b. What are ways to stand out in cyber jobs?
c. Will cybersecurity be overinflated in the next 5 years because of how popular it is now?
d. What are little known ways to perfect your coding?
e. What are the biggest mistakes you can make when coding?

Tushar M.’s Avatar
Tushar M. Apr 26 117 views

Which the best platform to learn coding. Is codeacademy a good platform.

I am tushar I have a passion for software development. I am currently studying in 10 standard. I think if I give a kickstart my career right now so that I can learn other coding languages in my college and get succeed more so I started learning with Codecademy is it a good platform to learn codes.

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Apr 22 105 views

How can I increase my connections in IT?

I'd like to increase my connections in IT to learn more about other people's experiences and have someone to go to in the future in case I need any advice or help.

Kelise D.’s Avatar
Kelise D. Apr 21 94 views

Is it possible to get a scholarship in a field you haven't done classes in high school?

I'm a junior currently and I feel like I've been wasting a lot of my time because I'm not in a computer class currently and I only have my senior year left. Is it too late to be hopeful for a scholarship from a computer science college?