Career Questions tagged Javascript

Rich’s Avatar
Rich Sep 28 46 views

What's the best way to approach career paths that I might like?

I'm in high school and unsure of what career path I want to go down to. It seems like a very big commitment so I want to make sure that I make the right decision.

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 250 views

What inspired you to be a programmer?

We are discussing careers in class and I am interested in programming.

Marcus’s Avatar
Marcus Apr 28 232 views

How difficult is it to learn javascript and get into cybersecurity?

How hard is it to pursue Cybersecurity as a profession if you really want to do it as a career for the rest of your working life?

Michael’s Avatar
Michael Jan 13 612 views

What is it like to work as a Network Systems Administrator?

I'm already enrolled into Job Corps and am going to work on completing my programs in customer service, computer technician and network administrator advanced program while earning my COMPTIA A+ and CCNA certification within three years. I am an aspiring network systems administrator for a...

C’s Avatar
C Jul 22, 2020 621 views

What's the one thing you would do differently if you could travel back in time to where you started your career / coding journey?

As a self-taught web developer, at some point during my coding journey, I got distracted and switched to a different language just out of curiosity. (switch from JavaScript to Python). Three months later, I realized that Python or Data science isn't really my thing. (I definitely see the...

Gurwinder’s Avatar
Gurwinder May 19, 2020 780 views

Can i get a job without college degree

I graduted from flatiron coding school in nyc. I have not any coding experience.
My skills are #Javascript,#react,#ruby on rails,#angular

christopher’s Avatar
christopher May 10, 2018 2292 views

what kind of programming language would you recommend for a computer engineer thats also a freshmen in high school?

were are doing a project at school about our carrier #technology #computer-science #software-engineering #computer-engineering #programming #software-development #computer-programming #python #java #C #javascript

ian’s Avatar
ian Oct 12, 2017 1097 views

What programming languages must you know for IT management or software engineer?

I know a couple languages, mostly high level but I was wondering If I have to learn C or C++ or ABC . I know python, bootstrap, html, css, java script, learning ruby and rails, and I am learning php and sql. #software-engineering #technology #web-development #computer-software #software...

Colin’s Avatar
Colin Oct 21, 2016 1505 views

Do you prefer frontend or backend of your Computer Science oriented job? Why?

I am asking this because I am trying to discern which one I will prefer. I do not have very much knowledge or resources regarding which one will be more beneficial to what I would want to do. #computer-science #computer #japan #java #python #javascript

William’s Avatar
William Oct 29, 2015 1376 views

What website is best to learn coding (Javascript, iOS, Unity)?

As a sort of follow up to my last question (https://careervillage.org/questions/12629/what-all-do-you-need-to-do-and-have-to-be-a-computer-and-program-designer), I am currently using a website called Code School (https://codeschool.com/), but I want to know if that is a good website. It teaches...

William’s Avatar
William Oct 27, 2015 1167 views

What all do you need to do and have to be a Computer and Program Designer?

I was always just amazed by technology and how fast its growing. I want to help that process but I don't know exactly how. I am using a website called Code School (https://www.codeschool.com/), and I'm learning JavaScript and iOS. How would I get into the programming field because, as I said I...