Career Questions tagged Software

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. For more information, please read below.

Johnathan’s Avatar
Johnathan Sep 27 57 views

What is the best way to learn C++ coding?

like resources for learning it and whatnot

Jaden’s Avatar
Jaden Sep 27 72 views

What skills are required to become a software engineer?

Are there any skills that you must have if you want to become a software engineer?

martell’s Avatar
martell Sep 13 50 views

Informational Interview For A Software Developer

1. What are some technological tools I should get familiar with as a Software Developer?

2. What should I do to prepare to become a Software Developer?

3. Do you expect hiring for this job in the South East Region to increase, decrease, or stay the same over the next few years?

Shaina’s Avatar
Shaina Sep 11 129 views

How do absorb or learn technical functions in programming languages?

I am an IT student. Having a hard time memorizing the functions in Python and figuring out what the "problem" needs. Like I know what is the flow of the "program" but I have no idea what functions or specific commands to use.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 05 101 views

What majors complement an accounting minor?

Specifically, degrees other than business administration. Would software engineering/systems analyst be an option? I could work on accounting software/automating repetitious parts of accounting. I'm open to ANY suggestions!

Kiet’s Avatar
Kiet Sep 02 104 views

Studying to be a programmer

What things I need to study to become a software programmer ?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 30 126 views

Understanding the different tech careers.

I've been recently researching the different types of IT/computer degrees, and I'm struggling to understand how they differ. There seems to be a lot of overlap in the various careers. I've been able to improve my comprehension/understanding by comparing the various technology careers to the...

Benjamin’s Avatar
Benjamin Aug 29 99 views

What is the best coding language to start with?

I would like to know what coding languages that can be used universally and where I could learn them from.

Kavion’s Avatar
Kavion Aug 26 114 views

What environments do you work in inside of software development

Donovan’s Avatar
Donovan Jul 04 277 views

How should I go about connecting with people in my field?

Hello, I am a student enrolled in Cascades Job Corps, studying a trade in IT. I plan on going into the software-dev field, and I'm looking for advice on how to connect with others that have been through similar career paths. Thank you!

Bisika’s Avatar
Bisika Jun 18 266 views

I want to become a software engineer but i am confused which field should i go to (science or management) for 11th and 12th.

i am from nepal. so i would prefer to get relatable suggestions.

David’s Avatar
David Jun 16 253 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan Jun 09 156 views

Thank you for your help!

For all people that have been helping me with my other questions, thank you because it is really helping! Especially the people that have answered multiple.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 31 359 views

what should i do now?

im 12 and am wondering what i should do right now to get ready for my software developer job whether im at nasa or not.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 27 265 views

What is the difference between these 2 jobs?

Hi im thinking about being a software developer but I keep on seeing software engineer. What are the cons and pros of a software engineer vs a software developer? Also thank you for all the help you guys have given me especially Randy Tolentino.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 26 250 views

What 2 or 3 coding languages should i study?

I have heard many coding languages but what are the 2 or 3 most used so I can study those in particular once i start studying them. If I'm not mistaken, JavaScript and python are commonly used.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 26 199 views

How do i get in to NASA as a software Developer?

I want to be a NASA Software Developer but i dont know exactly what i should do to have a high chance to get in

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 26 192 views

What did you do to become a software developer and what was your salary because of that?

What did you do to become a software developer and what was your salary because of that. Im slowly getting pieces of what it would be like to be a software developer.

Ryan’s Avatar
Ryan May 25 229 views

What is the normal day as a software developer like?

Im 12 and was thinking about my future job in class as a project. My main one was to become a software bc its interesting and i already started coding

Shair’s Avatar
Shair May 17 317 views

What is fun about being a software engineer?

What are some benefits and what is fun about this job.

Donald’s Avatar
Donald May 16 247 views

Should I take 4 years for a bachelor's degree or should I make sure I'm fully invested into this career?

Hi, I'm working hard to become a Software Developer. I have yet to get my bachelor's degree but I have finished school and I have my diploma. I have enrolled in Job Corps originally as a sound engineer I have worked on editing sound for podcasts and I wanted to jump off of that into a career...

Colton’s Avatar
Colton May 05 251 views

Is it easier to program for mobile or pc applications?

So many people today use their phones for everything and so many programs exist on the multiple app stores. Is it easier to program for the app store or for for windows applications?

David’s Avatar
David May 03 254 views

Software Engineers; What was the first indicator you remember that made you seriously consider this job?

I'm researching the career for a class of mine and I was wondering when you realized that this job would be right for you. Was it something gradual or was it pretty obvious that you wanted to do this.

David’s Avatar
David May 03 213 views

Software Engineers; Do you have an office you commute to, or do you strictly work from home.

I am researching for a class of mine and I was wondering this.

Myles’s Avatar
Myles Apr 16 185 views

How much math does someone use daily in software engineering?

Some people say it's good to learn calculus for computer science, but why is that so? How much math is used in a day?

Andy’s Avatar
Andy Apr 04 215 views

How do I become a Software engineer??

Interested in becoming one, a high school student.

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Mar 02 218 views

What should I consider to choose whether to study computer science or software engineering?

I want to program and develop software, applications, websites, video games. I would like to work in a company already fixed but independently develop and create my own things. #computer #technology #computer-software #software-engineering #software #science

Edwin’s Avatar
Edwin Feb 03 586 views

What the different between a software developer and a software engineer?

#software-engineer #software #technology

Richard’s Avatar
Richard Feb 02 527 views

What is the salary range for a software engineer?

I am interested in learning the pay for jobs that are related to the computer science field. #software #engineering #software-engineering

Jiarong’s Avatar
Jiarong Jan 24 185 views

What are some essential skills you need to work as a software engineer for machine learning?

#engineering #machine learning #software #computer