Career Questions tagged Software

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. For more information, please read below.

Elise J.’s Avatar
Elise J. Feb 25 93 views

What do I use to edit my videos?/How do I learn to edit better?

I am 11 so I am not the best at video editing and I have no idea what to use. Btw I will be on a laptop/monitor. #software #programming...

#editing

Pari S.’s Avatar
Pari S. Jan 30 155 views

How to enter in software work force?

I completed my masters in computer Science in 2010 and joined teaching profession. Now I want to join software industry, but not sure how to start, where to start, should I join any boot camp or get admission in some college/university courses? Please advice. #technology #software #computer...

Jayson H.’s Avatar
Jayson H. Jan 22 265 views

What career path do most software engineers take and how do they normally end up?

I am in 10th grade and have some experience with software engineering. What career path do most software engineers take and how do they normally end up? #technology #engineering...

#software

Jayson H.’s Avatar
Jayson H. Jan 22 114 views

What is the normal day of a software engineer like?

I am in 10th grade and have some experience with software engineering. What is the normal day of a software engineer like? #technology #engineering...

#software

Jayson H.’s Avatar
Jayson H. Jan 22 114 views

What is the best way to get into software engineering?

I am in 10th grade and have some experience with software engineering. What would be the best way to get into it full time? #technology #engineering...

#software

Gvonta H.’s Avatar
Gvonta H. Nov 13, 2020 210 views

What all do I have to do to become a successful engineer in the near future?

I want to learn what will be the best route for me to become a engineer #computer #expert #software...

#professor

Cooper B.’s Avatar
Cooper B. Oct 23, 2015 984 views

What is the best way to get into Microsoft software development team?

Hi my name is cooper I am in sixth grade and my dream job is Microsoft software development team and I have a few questions. What degree is the best to get into Microsoft because I know a lot of people apply, and what do I need to do to start getting ready, I have all ready been programming...

#software #microsoft

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Aug 31, 2020 121 views

Can I finish my Graduate at an Ivy league after attending ASU online

I am getting my bachelor of software engineering from ASU. But I am still planning to finish my PhD in an ivy league such as Havard or Carnegie Mellon. Can someone tell me if these will accept my degree as a valid one? #computerscience #college #ivyleague #havard #asu...

#software

Connor K.’s Avatar
Connor K. Aug 28, 2020 466 views

What are some classes to take for becoming a software engineer?

I've taken all the classes my highschool offers for software engineering and want to know what other classes I can take in college to become a software engineer. #software...

#coding

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Aug 19, 2020 345 views

What does a software testing engineer do and how do you become one?

I'm learning html, css and javascript on my own and starting to look at job postings to see which areas of technology most interest me. I thought I'd be going the route of web development but I came across a post for a Manual Automation Tester and it sounds so interesting. Here's the...

#agile #software #testing #computers #engineering #databases

Dinesh P.’s Avatar
Dinesh P. Jun 22, 2020 459 views

How to approach software development early on in career?

As an intern, I see that the enterprise projects are very different from what we make at university level. The technology used requires me to go through a lot of new technologies. How should I approach this. Should I be worried for not knowing these tech stacks or Is it natural and common for a...

#software-engineer #software #technology #computer-software #software-development

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21, 2020 492 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#computer #software #computer-science #math #engineering

George S.’s Avatar
George S. May 27, 2020 440 views

What volunteering positions are great in order to become a Software Engineer?

I am a Junior at Aviation High School, the past 2 weeks I spend my time trying to find remote volunteering roles. Some of them included WordPress Mentor, Data Entry and Remote Student Mentor/Tutor. Are they any other volunteering positions that could help land my first job at a tech startup or...

#volunteer #tech #computer #software #technology #internship #engineer

Sneha S.’s Avatar
Sneha S. May 11, 2020 472 views

Are internships or coops really important to get a job in software field?

Due to covid-19, I haven't secured a #co-op or #internship yet. I am a college student and I do not have any previous experience. Will this affect my #job-search after I graduate? If yes, do you have any #suggestions on what I can do to improve the chance of getting a #job? #software...

#technology #it #developer

Sneha S.’s Avatar
Sneha S. May 10, 2020 406 views

Hi. I would like to know what are the technologies/languages I should learn to become a full stack developer?

I am a software engineering student with knowledge in languages such as java, python and C#. I have worked with Sql server and mongodB. #technology #programming #software #computer-software...

#fullstack

Chelsie F.’s Avatar
Chelsie F. Mar 18, 2020 265 views

How might COVID19 affect research opportunities within academic institutions?

I am majoring in Computer Science and Digital Art and was hoping to get involved with research as a means to build my resume. As far as computer science goes, I am interested in cybersecurity, software engineering, and/or curriculum development for computer science learning. As for digital...

#college #software #computer-science #digital-art #engineering #covid-19 #research

Patrick B.’s Avatar
Patrick B. Mar 13, 2020 296 views

Where is a good place to start?

As a high school student with the goal to life the dream I would like to know where a good entry level job would be for a new game developer. I do have the ability to learn quickly and think creatively but not to the point where I wan to go inde #software . #gamedev #technology...

#job

Agang D.’s Avatar
Agang D. Mar 06, 2020 274 views

How can I prove myself when trying to achieve ambitous goals?

I'm currently developing an MVP for a startup of mine and will be applying to some accelerators near the summer. How can I prove myself when trying to achieve such a goal while just being a HS senior? #software...

#internship

Abdiel L.’s Avatar
Abdiel L. Mar 05, 2020 198 views
Heather J.’s Avatar
Heather J. Jan 26, 2020 265 views

What's the best way for a beginner to learn software testing and get started working in this profession?

I'm an adult learner with a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline (Social Science) that is seeking a mentor for transitioning my career into Software Testing #software #technology #computer #softwaretesting #qa #software-development...

#software-engineering

TJ M.’s Avatar
TJ M. Jan 24, 2020 214 views

what certifications are required for becoming a CIS teacher?

I am looking at becoming a #computer #information #software #teacher i am wondering what certifications may be required to do this? #computer-engineering...

#computer-software

Brandon W.’s Avatar
Brandon W. Dec 17, 2019 259 views

What kind of challenges will I be facing as a Data Scientist?

I am 24 and I really like numbers and statistics. I have a variety of experiences in computer skills ranging from HTML and programming, to hardware and software installation. I never really considered a job in computers however the education required versus the salary available is very...

#computer #software #computer-science #computer-programming #technology #datascientist