Career Questions tagged Software

The coding, application, and programs that make computers work. Popular careers include programmers, database administrators, network architects, to name a few. For more information, please read below.

Brenden S.’s Avatar
Brenden S. Sep 16

I would like to know if coding could be done at home (basically, a stay at home job)

I am Brenden. I am in 8th grade & I am very intrigued by coding whatever the circumstance whether it's for a website or a smart program. #coding...

#software

Rohit S.’s Avatar
Rohit S. Sep 13

Which is a better job?

Is a degree in computer science better or a degree in finance? #computer-science #computer #software...

#finance

Isaiah Q.’s Avatar
Isaiah Q. Sep 12

How did you move from a front-end developer into a full-stack?

I am a self taught #front-end #developer. Currently deciding to get formal training to later move into #back-end development. I have strong fundamentals in #programming #computer...

#software

Giovani A.’s Avatar
Giovani A. Sep 03

Is it too late to study in university

I've been in administration of justice my past 3 semesters in college . I've realized that becoming a peace officer isn't for me. Now that I think of it, I want to study to become a software engineer. Since my overall GPA is very low I want to know how can I proceed. #college #software...

#engineer #college-admissions

Annika J.’s Avatar
Annika J. May 21
Britney Y.’s Avatar
Britney Y. May 13

What are the different fields that I could specialize in for software engineering?

I am heading to college next fall and will be pursuing a software engineering degree. I have been asked by numerous people about what specifically I want to do with software engineering, however, I am not familar with the different types of software engineers. I just wanted to know what types...

#software #computer-software

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. May 09

When do most comp sci internships start?

I’m going to be a junior in computer science this coming fall, and I would like to begin searching for internships for the experience. I am going to have to take a summer class during the month of May. Are there internships that allow you to start in the middle of the summer, or are there any...

#stem #technology #computer-science #computer #software #softwaredeveloper #softwareengineer #womeninstem #internship #engineer #computer-software

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. May 09

How to prepare for an internship?

I’m in progress of a computer science bachelor degree. However, I’ve only had two coding classes: an introductory class using Visual Basic, and C++. I do not feel that I have learned much and would like to be more qualified for future internships. How may I further increase my knowledge outside...

#stem #technology #computer-science #computer #software #softwareengineer #softwaredeveloper #science #womeninstem #internship #computer-software

Augusta I.’s Avatar
Augusta I. May 09
Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. May 06

What are the different roles of a software engineer?

I'm a junior Computer Engineer and I'm trying to understand what my options are. I know that there are many, but I'd love to hear what some Software Engineers do. Basically, I'm asking what do you do? #software-engineer #software...

#technology

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. May 06

What's the best way to learn how to program a mobile application?

I'd like to program an app (just a small one to begin) in Swift. I have a Windows laptop, but I know that Swift works on Linux as well and I have a linux partition. What would be the best way for me to start learning how to program an app?...

#software

Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. May 04

What kind of opportunities do you think could come from Virtual Reality?

Virtual reality primarely focuses on gaming, but what about implementing VR to help medical professionals prepare for real operations, helping soldiers prepare for the battlefield, etc. What other opportunities do you think will come from virtual reality as technology advances? #technology...

#stem #software #computer-science

Kiera W.’s Avatar
Kiera W. May 04

Is software development a good career move for me?

My major is computer science and I wants to be a software developer....

#software

Zacariah W.’s Avatar
Zacariah W. May 01
Zacariah W.’s Avatar
Zacariah W. May 01
Archit D.’s Avatar
Archit D. Apr 22

Want to study Cloud Computing, don't know where to start from?

I want to study Cloud Computing and develop it as a career afterwards, but the main obstacle I come across is from where I should start, I've searched on google and quora but most of the answers are related to data science or AWS. It's very confusing as I cannot understand what I want to do in...

#computing #technology #aws #software #google #science #india #college #cloud #career #datascience

corey C.’s Avatar
corey C. Apr 10
Niwako S.’s Avatar
Niwako S. Apr 10

What does it take to become a software engineer?

What do I need to do to become a software engineer? What should I major in in college? #engineer #software #engineering #technology...

#computer-software

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? #software #technology #software-development #software-engineer...

#software-engineering

Devin Z.’s Avatar
Devin Z. Mar 18
Revanth Sai Reddy V.’s Avatar
Revanth Sai Reddy V. Mar 18

Confused Future

I have been working as a Software Developer on Delphi and SQL for past one and half years. Now i am going for Masters in Computer Science. What skills do i have to develop so that i can get a job in Top companies in US like google,Apple, Microsoft? Please help me. Thankyou in advance...

#technology #computer-software #jobs #computer #software #computer-science

Akira T.’s Avatar
Akira T. Mar 15