Career Questions tagged Engineering

Engineering involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. Professionals in this field are typically called Engineers. For more information, please read below.

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. Oct 22 35 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#stemcareers #stem #agriculture #chemical-engineer #science #engineer #engineering #food

maeleeke W.’s Avatar
maeleeke W. Oct 15 59 views
Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Oct 19 49 views

I have chose Electrical engineering for B.S now what?

Dear everyone, I'm very thankful for all your support and time that you have dedicated for me. Well for those who don't know what I have been through, Im going to write you a fast story. I was struggling choosing a good subject to study at University in Iran. Well I was able to go to top...

#electrical #ceo #business #electrical_engineering #engineering #ee

Kamryn H.’s Avatar
Kamryn H. Oct 19 15 views
Mei W.’s Avatar
Mei W. Oct 19 71 views

Starting career

So I am almost finished with my second degree which is a Computer sciences and Software engineering and before I finished a BBA. I have some work experiences as a backend developer but miss the personal contact with people and was thinking to go into project management/consulting. However I am...

#tech #engineering #career #knowledge

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Oct 08 169 views

Is electrical engineering right for me?

Hello! I'm a high school senior applying for college, and I know I want to do engineering but I'm still a bit unsure about what type to apply for. I was considering Electrical Engineering because the classes sound interesting and I've read up on a couple topics independently because of that,...

#college #electrical-engineering #tech #high-school #ee #electrical #college-majors #major #technology #engineering

madison M.’s Avatar
madison M. Oct 02 149 views
LaToya R.’s Avatar
LaToya R. Sep 25 76 views

Aerospace Engineer

I want to go to College foe Aerospace Engineering but would like to see what a workday is like. How would I do this? #engineering...

#stem

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Sep 25 111 views

Industrial engineering or Electrical engineering?

Dear my friends, thank you for giving me your time. I really need help in the place I am right now. I really love being a CEO and having the control of a company or a factory, I love to build my own startups and company and I know that, that's what I really like and all the university courses...

#industrialengineering #business #technology #engineering #ai #ie #electrical

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Sep 24 101 views

Industrial engineering or computer engineering

#computer #industrialengineering #technology #engineering #ai #ie #business

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. Jul 16, 2019 164 views

What are the different types of ships i work on if i become a shipping engineer?

I am currently in job corps and thinking about training to be a shipping engineer, but i have no clue what that entails and what type of ships i could work on. Do i need a better education/ degree to work on cruise ship sand yachts or would it be the same education level as working on a cargo...

#yachts #shipping #ships #engineer #engineering #career #cargo-ship

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Aug 19 209 views

What does a software testing engineer do and how do you become one?

I'm learning html, css and javascript on my own and starting to look at job postings to see which areas of technology most interest me. I thought I'd be going the route of web development but I came across a post for a Manual Automation Tester and it sounds so interesting. Here's the...

#databases #computers #agile #software #testing #engineering

Denis R.’s Avatar
Denis R. Aug 14 170 views

Job search tips for recent Mechanical Engineering graduate with limited experience.

#job-search #engineering I've graduated in Mechanical Engineering from University of Washington with great academic standing last summer and passed FE exam last fall. Unfortunately I wasn't able to secure an internship after my junior year and due to this I have very little experience which I...

Maria Paula P.’s Avatar
Maria Paula P. Aug 14 99 views

What kind of skills would I need to work in ocean engineer?

I’d like to know what type of skills (modeling programs, GIS..) are required to work in coastal engineering and what type of jobs could I get. #engineering #coastal...

#modeling

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Aug 10 128 views

as someone interested in entering the biotech industry. Would it be smarter to get a general engineering degree or a biomedical engineering degree?

From what I understand Biomedical engineering degrees can become very limiting, especially when there are fewer jobs available in the biomedical industry and landscape. So, would it be smarter to start of a little more broad with a traditional engineering degree (i.e. mechanical, electrical,...

#biomedical #engineering #future #bio

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Aug 06 124 views

Am I prepared to apply for Electrical Engineering internships?

Hello I'm going into my third year of my EE degree, so far I have take intro circuits and logic design, this semester I will be taking circuits 2 and electronics. My question is am I prepared to apply for internships or should I wait until I'm more into my EE degree? Thank you! #electrical...

#engineering #internship #question

Krish C.’s Avatar
Krish C. Jul 30 110 views

Which Universities are best for masters in manufacturing and product management or 3d printing?

I am a final year mechanical engineer and I'd like to do my masters in a course where I could build innovative products using my mechanical design skills, though not aesthetic, I'd like its function to help make life easier. An example would be a smartwatch making things more accessible, or...

#engineering #career #july #mechanical-engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30 141 views

What is working as a Systems Engineer like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you tell me how about working in systems engineering? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. #july20 #electrical...

#sytems #engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30 57 views

What is working in power engineering like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you help me understand what skills would I need to work in power? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. #july20...

#engineering #power #electrical

Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 124 views

What kind of skills will I need for electrical engineering?

I am a rising senior and I am a machinist at my high school and I would like to go into a engineering major #engineering...

#july

Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 162 views

What type of Engineering makes the most money?

I am a rising senior and I want to go into engineering and I am a machinist at my school for my shop. #money #career-paths #engineering...

#july

Angelica P.’s Avatar
Angelica P. Jul 27 139 views

How to determine which engineering major is right for you?

Hi, I’m currently a rising senior in high school and will most likely pursue engineering in college. However, I’m still struggling to figure out which engineering major is right for me. I’ve been considering electrical or chemical engineering but I’m still unsure. #college #majors...

#engineering

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 282 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data