Career Questions tagged Engineering

Engineering involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. Professionals in this field are typically called Engineers. For more information, please read below.

Krish C.’s Avatar
Krish C. Jul 30 53 views

Which Universities are best for masters in manufacturing and product management or 3d printing?

I am a final year mechanical engineer and I'd like to do my masters in a course where I could build innovative products using my mechanical design skills, though not aesthetic, I'd like its function to help make life easier. An example would be a smartwatch making things more accessible, or...

#mechanical-engineering #july #engineering #career

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30 27 views

What is working as a Systems Engineer like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you tell me how about working in systems engineering? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. #july20 #electrical...

#sytems #engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30 12 views

What is working in power engineering like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you help me understand what skills would I need to work in power? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. #july20...

#power #engineering #electrical

Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 38 views

What kind of skills will I need for electrical engineering?

I am a rising senior and I am a machinist at my high school and I would like to go into a engineering major #engineering...

#july

Grace T.’s Avatar
Grace T. Jul 29 44 views

What type of Engineering makes the most money?

I am a rising senior and I want to go into engineering and I am a machinist at my school for my shop. #money #career-paths #engineering...

#july

Angelica P.’s Avatar
Angelica P. Jul 27 61 views

How to determine which engineering major is right for you?

Hi, I’m currently a rising senior in high school and will most likely pursue engineering in college. However, I’m still struggling to figure out which engineering major is right for me. I’ve been considering electrical or chemical engineering but I’m still unsure. #college #majors...

#engineering

Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 109 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Ted Y.’s Avatar
Ted Y. Jul 23 60 views

I'm thinking I want to study something more technical at university next fall. How do I narrow it down?

I am undecided, so whenever I start describing what I want, it usually seems to me like "engineering", which I know is a broad topic. How do I pick a more specific subsection of engineering or even know if that's right for me? Can somebody explain what jobs you do with any sort of engineering...

#undecided #university #engineering #july20

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jul 17 51 views

Who should I intern under as a future Physics/Acoustic Engineering major?

I am thinking about pursuing internships to gain some experience in the STEM fields. Does anyone know any people who I can intern with during the summers? #internships #stem #engineering #physics...

#july20

Lauren T.’s Avatar
Lauren T. Jul 15 149 views

How can get I get a summer internship in STEM with no prior experience?

I'm a junior in high school and want to major in engineering. And I want to gain some experience in the field. However, any internships I find are for college students and/or require lots of experience. So how can I start to build my experience from the ground up? #engineering...

#stem

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 14 73 views

As someone interested in Neuroscience as a possible career, would electrical/electronic engineering be a good major?

Since the body's nervous system uses a series of electrical impulses to relay messages, I feel like this electronic/electrical engineering would be a good discipline to pursue. I could possibly minor in neuroscience, but also have available a wide array of career paths in both engineering...

#neuroscience #body #electrical-engineering #engineering #brain #electronic #medicine

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jul 10 104 views

What are good occupations in the engineering department these days?

I like to build things and I am interested in learning more about coding and technology. I also enjoy photography. #engineering...

#computer-science

Sky E.’s Avatar
Sky E. Jul 10 187 views

How do I convince my parents to let me be an engineer?

My name is Sky. I'm heading into 10th grade this school year and some advice on how to convince my dad to let me be an engineer would be greatly appreciated. My dad wants me to go into the medical field and be a primary doctor or a surgeon so that I'll always have a job and make lots of money....

#engineering #career

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 09 82 views

What is the difference between electrical and electronic engineering? Which will be better for the future?

I am a 11th grade high school student who is interested in neuroscience as well as engineering. Since the body's nervous system uses a variety of electrical impulses to function, I thought what better way to combine the two principle than getting an engineering degree. Now, I am not sure...

#neuroscience #electrical-engineering #engineering #electronic_engineering #engineer

Jishnav K.’s Avatar
Jishnav K. Jul 09 78 views

Should I get a bachelors in Biomedical Engineering? should I go for a more traditional engineering pathway with a minor in biomedical engineering/ neuroscience/ biology? or solely pursue neuroscience?

I am a High school student who is intuitive and drawn to both engineering and the brain. I am currently not sure whether Engineering or neuroscience will be better with me. Upon thorough research I have come to the conclusion that pursuing a bachelors in an engineering principle will provide me...

#biomedical-engineering #neuroscience #engineering

Ty'Juan B.’s Avatar
Ty'Juan B. Jul 09 46 views
Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 08 99 views

What is the benefits of being an Mechanical Engineer?

I'm still in high school. I'm going to the 11th grade but I want to be a mechanical engineer. So I just want to know some things about being an engineer. #engineer #engineering #mechanical-engineering #aerospace-engineering...

#mechanical-engineer

Enrique T.’s Avatar
Enrique T. Jul 05 94 views

Which Master Degree has more demand in Canada and the US? I am an Electronic and Control Engineer

Hi I am an electronic and control engineer and would like to know which is the highest-paid and highest-demanded master degree for my profession in Canada and the US....

#engineering

Victwhon N.’s Avatar
Victwhon N. Jul 01 165 views

How can you become a better engineer?

I am a high school student. I want to go to a divisional 1 college when I graduate from High School. #engineer #engineering #high-school #college...

#graduate-school

Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jun 23 110 views

What universities/colleges have good acoustic engineering programs?

I am thinking about working in the acoustical engineering field. #engineering...

Rachel V.’s Avatar
Rachel V. Jun 21 267 views

How do you choose whether to major in computer science or software engineering?

I am applying for college soon, but I do not know how to pick between computer science and software engineering. I have not always been the best at math, and didn't do very well in math early on in my highschool career, but I managed to work my math grade up over the years. I am not naturally...

#software #computer-science #computer #engineering #math