Career questions tagged engineering

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Kevin45 views

What do I need to do to possibly become an Architect?

I have just begun creating a Career Village account to possibly gain some information on how I can possibly become an architect in the future.

undefined's avatar
Andrew298 views

What steps do I need to take to become a project manager by 25?

I am a third year undergraduate student studying Mechanical Engineering at Boston University. Expected Graduation Date: May 2025. I want to become a project manager one day in the engineering sector. After that, I would like to start my own business in that same industry. I am not sure which field of engineering at the moment but currently it is mechanical. What steps would I need to take make this a reality by age 25?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Siddharth247 views

I am a commerce graduate. I want to switch into science stream and pursue engineering. Should I do it? Is it a sound idea?

I am disintegration in commerce and realised that my interest lies in science and engineering. However should I pursue engineering at 23.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat282 views

Kinda confused about my major ?

Kinda confused about my major Hello, I have been accepted to both electrical engineering and software engineering. Ngl, I chose electrical engineering because I am very interested in making money and starting my own business (although I am not sure if I will be able to do so in this lifetime). After going through the BLIND app, I am a little confused because their TCs have made me blind. Having $600k-700k in their early thirties is kind of crazy. I chose electrical engineering because I genuinely enjoy mathematics, and I was the highest scorer in my high school, ranking 1/2500 (worth noting that my high school is regarded as the best school in my country's curriculum), so I just wanted to let you know that I am extremely hardworking! This summer I have been grinding Python and am now working on Python data structure! Anyway, I have the option to change my major. Can anyone tell me about the current job market? Mcgill also offers co-ops in Swe, and there are tech fairs for other engineering departments. And I have heard that electrical will be the next CSE/SWE because of VLSI projects? It is turning into a $10 billion project or something. Furthermore, digital integrated circuit engineers are well compensated (as seen on Indeed). Or should I take swe as my Minor? I know I sound strange and greedy, but I want to make my own money.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aishwarya316 views

Which major has a better outlook for the future (computer science engineering or biomedical engineering) and what other courses or skills should I take or develop before and during college? #Spring24

I'm asking as a student who has just completed junior year(4.52 gpa and top 13%, 1560 SAT) A secondary question would be whether I would be able to get into a biomedical degree as I have a background in comp sci with (AP computer classes..) but a weaker background in biology/health-related courses(I took AP Psychology and health-related classes but I haven't done any medical internships or extra programs). #Spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jazzy174 views

What are some key tips to achieving a 4.0 GPA in engineering undergrad ?

Going into engineering this fall, and wanted to know what are some tips for doing well in the program? I have about seven classes first semester so I am a bit worried. #Spring24

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Michael213 views

How can I get an internship in software engineering in Brooklyn?

I'd like to learn more about software engineering and opportunities in Brooklyn

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Deanna342 views

What colleges have majors that would help me to become a programmer?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tanishka146 views

what to do?

I am currently pursuing robotics and mechatronics engineering in india. I want to know what are the required skills for robotics engineering jobs.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aaru230 views

Which is better IIT NIT BITS ?

My goal was to get into BITS Pilani but recently i started having doubts on what gives me better opportunities and facilities. I know that the exam is easier for BITS compared to IIT. if money is not a problem, what is the best choice??

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gideon375 views

what do you think is the best path to take to become an engineer hashtag #Spring24?

I am on the brink of embarking on my college journey. Any advice will help!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Xavier201 views

What are an engineer's first thoughts when dealing with a problem?

I am a freshman whose dream job is to be an engineer and I want to know what I should look for when faced with fixing a problem.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Enrique127 views

If I want to work in the theme parks industry, what are the different areas of careers are offered in this industry ?

I am a graduating senior from high school and I want to wok within the theme-parks industry. I plan to attend a 4-year University. I also plan on majoring in electrical engineering.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Farah234 views

What should I choose to persue degree, either mechanical, electrical or mechatronics ?

Im graduated of diploma in mechatronics engineering ? I want to persue bachelor and I have interest to working in offshore / onshore. In malaysia, mechatronics engineering is not really famous and im afraid that it would be hard for me to find jobs soon. So im confuse to choose between mechanical, electrical or mechatronics to persue my study

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Evan251 views

How do I get internship in the Engineering Field as a Highschooler?

I am a High Student in the Environmental Engineering and Technology CTE in New York City

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
John501 views

Why do engineers struggle to get jobs and market themselves ?

Most engineers find themselves stuck after graduating because they do not know how to market themselves and this is concerning because they need to know the steps on how to be successful

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rudy213 views

How to be successful in life and be comfortable?

Name : Rudy More details on Health and Engineering and how to be successful.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kyaw157 views

what kind of support system should if I want to become an automotive engineer and to help me be successful in this field?

I am a Job Corps student and I have some questions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kyaw213 views

What is the best way to start a career in the automotive engineering field?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
James100 views

How can one make an engineering design to be more attracting?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kyaw165 views

what would be the best college to get my automotive engineering degree?

I am a Job Corp student and I have some questions.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniel203 views

How to build a career in engineering ?

How to build a career in engineering

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jerry438 views

How can I get enrolled for internship with a tech company ?

What is the best way to get started on applying for internships or gaining experience in the field of computer engineering? I'm a college student pursuing a major in computer engineering. I want to gain experience in the field to be ready for the workforce. How would I get started in doing so?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Victoria338 views

How do I know if the major I would like to choose is truly right for me ?

Although I am pretty confident that this would be my field of interest, I am still unsure about finalizing my decision for a major. I am a high school Junior and want to be a Civil Engineer. I love Physics was nominated by my school for the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute medal, and ended up receiving the award. Besides my love for Physics, I love creating art. I have taught this subject at multiple organizations to kids in grades from first to sixth grade. I also practice Archery in my spare time and recently attended Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky. I would like to find aid in approaching resume writing and job applications so that I can gain more experience and figure out whether my chosen field is truly suited for me.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daksh293 views

How to be a pilot?

How do you become a pilot? What are the subjects you need to take in every class to be a pilot? And also I am confused what is a yearly salary for a commercial pilot.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Charly223 views

How transferable is Civil Engineering or Structural Engineering to Mechanical Engineering?

Hi, I plan on interning at a civil engineering/structural engineering firm, but I know I want to study Mechanical Engineering. There aren't any mechanical engineering firms nearby, only civil and structural. Is it worth it to conduct an internship at a civil/structural engineering firm? Will the skills learned be transferable?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jocelyn342 views

Is there any research lab program or internship’s that are virtual or online I can take as a student interested in medicine and engineering?

Hi, I’m currently a Junior in Highschool and I wanna gain research experience this summer before I start applying to colleges. I was wondering if anyone can help me find these opportunities in Illinois if possible. Thanks!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Talabi222 views

What does it take to be successful and fulfilled ?

I love maths, science research, and all

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chio273 views

How do you make an engineering portfolio?

I know it is always recommended in the engineering field to have your personal projects so that companies can see your hands-on skills and your actual interests in the field. But I have no clue how these portfolios should look like. Is it supposed to be a personal website? Do I need to have a photo album on hand for interviews? Is it just a word document? How on earth do I even start one? How is an engineering portfolio supposed to or recommended to look like? I would really appreciate a general format suggestion, that would help a lot.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chio251 views

How do you create opportunities in school when you have no support?

Hey everyone I've been struggling lately with looking for opportunities to boost my resume as I'm lacking in being involved. I have work and project experience but I would like to dive a little more into R&D. I already have one year of research with a professor but it's not in the field I'm interested in. Our school only has a set amount of research and a set amount of student orgs. Anything else, good luck on getting funds and support. So in the end, students basically have the same resume but in different format and with different timelines. Out of the whole graduating class few get offers bc they all end up looking the same. I understand schools can't accommodate to ALL interests but my school only offers 3 different fields for research and if you're not interested well goodbye. I'd like to change that and create my own opportunities with what we have at school bc I have no money but I just don't see how. Anyone else on the same boat? I'm willing to hear any suggestions, I really need help. I almost forgot to add: I have already talked to faculty for different opportunities. Thanks to my on campus job I have a close relationship with some faculty. Every time I would ask, they would direct me to the same professors doing the same projects.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon