Career Questions tagged Engineering

Engineering involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. Professionals in this field are typically called Engineers. For more information, please read below.

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. May 26 48 views

How much remote work is possible as an Electrical Engineer?

Hello, I am a sophomore Electrical Engineering student, I'm sure this varies depending on the branch of EE, but how much remote work is possible working as an EE? Furthermore which type of EE's usually have the most option for remote work? Thank you for your time and help! #engineering...

#job #electrical-engineering #engineer

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 108 views

Is it worth it to minor in something you find interest in?

I am doing a Math-Computer Science degree at UCSD. I know most of my courses will consist of difficult math and CS courses but I find engineering very interesting as well. I wanted to minor in engineering for my own personal interest so I could learn more about it. And if I really enjoy it,...

#major #college #engineering #computer-science #college-major #math #minor

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 26 127 views

Should I become a doctor or an engineer?

I am 12 years old and I dream of living in NY when I'm older but the cost of living in the city can be very expensive. Doctors get paid a lot more than engineers, but being a doctor can be time consuming and stressful. So I just want to know which choice would be better. I want to know how long...

#engineering #health-care #career #doctor #engineer

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 117 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#engineering #math #computer-science #stem #research #science

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 50 views

What does it mean to be a material science engineer?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I read an article on material science engineering and I am very intrigued about this field of engineering. #engineering #college #material-science-engineering...

#undecided

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 46 views

What is the difference between electrical and computer engineering?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to college as an undecided engineering major. I have found some interest in electrical engineering but the more I research electrical engineering the more I start to realize that computer engineering is pretty similar. I know that there are...

#computer-engineering #electrical-engineering #college #engineering

Rachel D.’s Avatar
Rachel D. May 26 58 views

How will I know when a specific field of engineering is for me?

I am a senior in high school and I have applied to numerous colleges for engineering. My only problem is that I applied undecided engineering and after hearing numerous colleges talk about the different fields of engineering they offer, I still can't seem to lean towards a field that I like. I...

#undecided #college #engineering #stem

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 24 64 views

Is being a SW Engineer hard?

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 115 views

Are joint majors beneficial or is it better to have a singular major and a minor?

To people who have/had joint majors: Did you fell less competitive when applying for jobs or internships against people who have a single major? What is your joint major and how has it helped you career wise? For employers/recruiters (if applicable): Do you prefer people with joint majors or...

#major #engineering #college-major #math #joint-major #career #internship #research #minor

Thomas S.’s Avatar
Thomas S. May 22 55 views

What are some effective ways to transfer into the biomedical engineering field after getting a bachelor's in biology and environmental engineering?

I am currently a fourth year student (graduating after one more year) at the University of Georgia pursuing a B.S. in Biology and a B.S.ENVE in Environmental Engineering. I added my environmental engineering degree during my second year because I wanted to supplement my biology curriculum with...

#environmental-engineering #engineering #biology #biomedical-engineering #engineer

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 21 100 views

When is the best time for a college student to scout for internships and/or research opportunities?

I am taking summer classes this summer and planning to take more next summer so I can lessen my course work over the school year. During the school year I work part time on campus and my school runs by the quarter system, so I feel like summer classes are a must. That being said, I have left...

#college #internship #research #engineering

Tylar M.’s Avatar
Tylar M. May 20 92 views

What is the average work day of a SW Engineer like?

How long do they work and what type of work do they do?...

#engineering

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 19 93 views

Is it possible for someone without an engineering bachelors degree to go to grad school for engineering?

At the time I applied for college I was interested in Comp Sci so I entered school as a Math - CS major (about to end my first year). After seeing career fairs, I feel like mechanical engineering seems much more interesting and fun but my GPA is not high enough to switch majors (the cutoff is...

#college #engineering #graduate-school #career #college-major #engineer #mechanical-engineering

dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 19 45 views

What are the best colleges/universities in South Carolina for engineering?

My family i thinking about moving down south from Massachusetts. I am interested in studying engineering in college. I would like to know some colleges that are good for engineering in South Carolina. #college-search #engineering #college #universities...

#southcarolinaunitversities

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. May 17 162 views

What a safe job site to find internship job/career?

I am looking for an Information technology internship job /volunteer to gain experience. I have used some job sites to find a job (career builder, indeed, snagajob) , but I got scammed. Someone, please provide me a safe job site. #internship #technology #job #human-resources #tech...

#covid19 #college #engineering #jobscam #safe #career

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 126 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#major #college #engineering #math #solutions #technology #tech #engineer #science

Sky E.’s Avatar
Sky E. May 14 86 views

What type of engineering field is right for me?

My name is Sky. I'm in tenth grade and I'm having a career crisis. I need to know if engineering is the type of career that can get me hired straight out of college anywhere in the US. If so, I also need help deciding exactly what type of engineer I should be. I love learning about the periodic...

#career-choice #engineering

Lihan Z.’s Avatar
Lihan Z. May 14 102 views

How to prepare your future?

Upcoming college senior majoring in Computer Science. Experienced with Software Engineering and Electrical Engineering. #computer #college #engineering...

#computer-software

Hoang D.’s Avatar
Hoang D. May 10 146 views

How to get internship these days?

#internship #technology #computer-science #engineering #computer-science I am a Computer Engineering - Computer Science student, now looking for my internship for Fall. "Working hard and achieve your...

Jacqueline D.’s Avatar
Jacqueline D. May 08 126 views

Is software engineering a fulfilling job?

I'm a sophomore studying computer science at a large 4-year university. I've been doubting my major choice a lot, and whether I will be fulfilled later in life working as a software engineer or at a tech company. I work as a math tutor right now, and I really enjoy helping and interacting with...

#technology #computer #engineering #computer-science #science

Julio G.’s Avatar
Julio G. May 07 108 views
Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. May 07 90 views

Any Electrical Engineering hobbies,skills,books to get into while in quarantine?

We still have over a week left till things start open up, I'm a sophmore EE student. Any hobbies, skills, books to check out to become a more valuable engineer!? Thank you for your help and time. #engineering #engineer #student #student...

#electrical