Career Questions tagged Engineering

Engineering involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. Professionals in this field are typically called Engineers. For more information, please read below.

Dania N.’s Avatar
Dania N. yesterday 26 views

how do i know if biomedical engineering is good for me?

I like biology, technology, learning about the human body, saving lives, and research. I don't like math but I can tolerate it a little bit. hopefully one day i will choose a major that includes all of my interests. biology engineering science biomedicalengineering stem research career...

engineer college interests major

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 30 48 views

What career paths do mechanical engineers go into?

What types of jobs and career paths do mechanical engineers follow? How is the workload? What are the goals and challenges they face in their work? mechanical-engineer engineering engineering mechanical-engineering...

engineer

Darren L.’s Avatar
Darren L. Nov 30 31 views

What do mechanical engineers learn in college?

What is the course work in mechanical engineering school? How is it different from other engineering programs? engineering mechanical-engineering engineer mechanical...

mechanical-engineer

Lera H.’s Avatar
Lera H. Nov 29 33 views

What classes were you required to take in college to become a mechanical engineer?

I'm working on becoming a mechanical engineer but I just want to know what I'm in for before I enroll in a college. engineer mechanical-engineering engineering college-major...

college

Bryce W.’s Avatar
Bryce W. Nov 29 21 views

What is it like working as an Automotive Mechanic

I am currently going through a Job Corps Center, to get my ASE certification as an automotive mechanic, and was wondering what the average day as a mechanic is like, along with anything to look out for along with some tips and tricks of the trade....

engineering

Aaron J.’s Avatar
Aaron J. Nov 24 47 views

What is it like being a Solar Thermal Installer & Technician and what are the pros & cons about the career?

Right now I'm going to be studying to be a Solar Thermal Installer as my profession. I was interested in this field because I like solar power energy and like to use natural sources. I was wondering is this a good career in the long run too? technology computer engineering career solar...

installer engineer

Jake V.’s Avatar
Jake V. Nov 15 112 views

What do engineers really do? What is it look like to be an engineer and how does the industry work?

I am struggling in first year engineering and needs a perspective on the program I am pursuing. I don't know if engineering is for me at all. I don't want to switch majors because I do not know what program I want to pursue but at the same time I do not know how to survive engineering school....

college engineering

Khaya M.’s Avatar
Khaya M. Nov 11 78 views

Is it possible to work weekends and holidays?

I am an 18-year-old ambitious male, a very passionate one too. I can work in various fields thus I have good communication skills and willing to learn more from any field I get as my workplace. I would really appreciate it if I can work as a part-timer, weekends and holidays for a reason that I...

engineering

Vivek V.’s Avatar
Vivek V. Nov 10 60 views

How to become a robotic engineer by taking cse with AIML in b.tech ?

I want to know that how could I become a robotic engineer and I have choosen cse with AIML in b.tech. what is the process and percentage of becoming a robotic engineer engineer engineering roboticengineer scientist technology science civil-engineering...

Ever M.’s Avatar
Ever M. Nov 07 98 views

What are the biggest challenges when it comes to working with technology for a company? or developing it?

I am 18 y/o, im currently trying to figure out what I want to do for a living one day. Ive always been relatively good with tech and so I feel being some type of tech engineer is a good route for me to take. computer technology...

engineering

Ever M.’s Avatar
Ever M. Nov 07 104 views

what's a good route to take to in order to one day be able to work for a big tech company?

I am 18 y/o, im currently trying to figure out what I want to do for a living one day. Ive always been relatively good with tech and so I feel being some type of tech engineer is a good route for me to take. technology tech...

engineering

Mia A.’s Avatar
Mia A. Nov 03 75 views

What is the day to day of a Financial Engineer like?

I am a Senior in college applying to Master's programs. I am considering many schools that have both Master's in Industrial Engineering, and Master's in Financial Engineering. Can anyone in either of these fields explain their day to day a little bit, and how I should decide which path to take?...

industrial college industrialengineer engineering financialengineer finance

joshua R.’s Avatar
joshua R. Nov 01 54 views

Is it hard being mechanic?

Like do you have to be physically fit to do the job? career...

engineering

Jervoris B.’s Avatar
Jervoris B. Oct 27 99 views

What are the possibilities I have with a CompE Degree?

I am a junior/ senior in college studying Computer Engineering and I am excited but worried about what's to come next. college computer engineering computer-science engineer computerengineer...

computer-software

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Oct 25 80 views

What does an applications engineer do?

I've heard mention of the job title "applications engineer" at an optics conference I attended recently. It seems like they work with customers to develop a product based on the customer's specifications. I'm interested in science communication and hands-on physics / engineering. Is this the...

science-communication physics photonics science applications-engineer engineering optics lasers