Career Questions tagged Engineering

Engineering involves the combination of science and math that lead to design or making something. Professionals in this field are typically called Engineers. For more information, please read below.

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02 35 views

What is a good education pathway for a career in neuroprosthetics?

I am currently a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the neuroengineering industry. Specifically, I want to work developing neuroprosthetics. For anyone working in the field, do you have any advice for getting a foot...

#neuroelectronics #career #neuralprosthetics #neurorobots #internships #biomedicalengineering #engineering #prosthetics #neuroengineering #college #bioengineering #biotech #neuroprosthetics #neuroscience #career-counseling #career-development

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02 33 views

Is outsourcing a problem in the biomedical engineering / neuroengineering field?

I am a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the field of neuroengineering. Specifically, I would like to work on the development of neuroprosthetics. I know that outsourcing is a bit of a problem in other engineering...

Daniel W.’s Avatar
Daniel W. Mar 24 69 views

Job availability in the aerospace sector

I am about to finish up Highschool and I am about to go to college. My question is about how easy is it to find a job in aerospace engineering. This just about how plentiful the jobs are, not how difficult they are. I am in between electrical and aerospace engineering and am trying to make a...

#engineering #jobs

Paul K.’s Avatar
Paul K. Mar 17 102 views

Why should i join the engineering field

I'm looking to go into the engineering field I was just having trouble figuring out which one i should join #engineering...

#engineer

Andreas G.’s Avatar
Andreas G. Mar 15 72 views

What are you required to study in university in order to do Mechatronics?

I just wanted to know because it sounds like a very interesting career to get into. #career #engineering...

#technology

Anirudh P.’s Avatar
Anirudh P. Mar 04 115 views

What is required for Electronics Engineering

It’s required to have a bachelor’s degree for college degree scholarship to learn how to repair electronic devices. #scholarships #engineering...

#chemistry

Sebastian F.’s Avatar
Sebastian F. Mar 05 108 views
akanksha C.’s Avatar
akanksha C. Mar 04 101 views

how can I get work from home job as a computer science student?

My qualification includes B.Tech. and M.Tech. Computer Science. I have two years of work experience in a software company ( Dec. 2006 to Dec. 2008). Now I would like to work from home. I am open for learning new courses that can help me get job. Thank you,...

#engineering

Hakim B.’s Avatar
Hakim B. Feb 26 142 views
Connor M.’s Avatar
Connor M. Feb 26 98 views

What are some different careers or majors that I could pursue in Physics or engineering?

I really liked my physics class in high-school, and I am interested in engineering as well, but I am not sure how to move forward in that field. Any suggestions? #physics #engineering #majors #career...

#college-major

Michael F.’s Avatar
Michael F. Feb 25 104 views

What are some things you do as a civil engineer?

I am Junior in Kipp Academy and Im really interested in civil engineering because I want to be able to help improve our environment. #civil-engineering #career-path #...

#engineering

James P.’s Avatar
James P. Feb 24 128 views

What major should i pick in college

I am a junior trying to get advice to see what i should do after i graduate #majors...

#engineering

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 74 views

Should I pursue a senior project that exposes me to a new area of physics or one that is more in line with what I believe I'll want to do as a career?

Currently, I don't have a clear idea as to what I want to do after graduation. I'll definitely apply to PhD programs, but I don't know what field I want to specialize in. Right now I'm most interested in optics, laser physics, and math. For my senior project, I'm tasked with choosing a...

#math #undergraduate #engineering #last-physics #undergrad #capstone #phd #college #optics #microelectronic-engineering #physics #research-advisor #senior-project #research

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Feb 23 88 views

I have an offer that expires before I get a final decision from other summer programs. What are my options and what should I do?

Good news: I've received an offer for a physics REU at the University of Arkansas! Bad news: I need to respond by Feb 26th, even though final decisions from other REUs, national labs, and NASA come in early March. What are my options? I've already asked if my application review could be...

#reu #national-labs #applications #internships #laser-physics #nasa #decisions #engineering #physics #optics #research

Taofeek L.’s Avatar
Taofeek L. Feb 23 74 views

Im interested in becoming an engineer and I'm not really sure what colleges to look at to become one

I'm currently a 17 year old Junior and i'm the oldest of 4 children and I play football I'm going to be the first of my parents kids to go to college and I don't really know what to do...

#engineering

Marco E.’s Avatar
Marco E. Feb 23 129 views

Is civil engineering worth going to college for 4 years or are there any easier or more time saving paths

I'm a Jr looking to be in the field of engineering but i choose civil engineering because i think it suits me as a life long career but i want to know if it is easy to get a job or position as a civil engineer so all my college years and money won't go to waste #career #jobs #career-choice...

#career-plan #engineering #college-jobs #civil-engineer #career-development

Brandon A.’s Avatar
Brandon A. Feb 23 91 views

What Engineering field should I consider learning more about?

I'm in the 11th grade at a high school in Massachusetts. I like to create solutions for problems that has to do with infrastructure. I also like problems that has to do with tech and I am open to many other things. #scientist #tech #create #engineering...

#stem

Marco E.’s Avatar
Marco E. Feb 23 78 views

How do you get an engineering job or opportunity before leaving college

I'm a Jr who's fascinated by any type of engineering especially civil engineering. I plan on going to college for 4 years at most but i don't want those 4 years to go to waste if I never pursue a career in this area. #career-choice #information-technology #engineering #architect...

#architectural #applied-mathematics #college #civil-engineer #college-major

Jamie D.’s Avatar
Jamie D. Feb 18 81 views

National University Bachelor of Science

Has anyone completed the Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Design Engineering program with National University online? If so, what did you like and/or not like about the program? #bachelors #nationaluniversity...

#engineering