Career Questions tagged Electrical

Logan S.’s Avatar
Logan S. Nov 16 25 views

What is the day-to-day experience of an Electrical Power-line Installer like? What is still the biggest challenge to you in your job today? Any drawbacks to your work?

I'm a student studying Building Construction Technology in order to specialize into electrical. Looking at a few careers within that specialty....

electrical

Reighan M.’s Avatar
Reighan M. Jun 24 119 views

Looking into the fields of electricians, electrical engineers, and/or teachers (wanting to teach mathematics, so any math teachers of any kind are more then welcome)...feel free to message me.

My first name is said like president Reagan but spelled differently. I'm a graduate from during the 2020 pandemic. I'm a black female who also has mild autism, and I'm also Muslim in the Islamic faith (I honestly hope there is very little discrimination but just in case I'm putting honest facts...

engineers teachers electrical jobcorps math construction teaching career education electricians

Lindsay C.’s Avatar
Lindsay C. Apr 09 181 views

I'm currently studying ND: Electrical Engineering (Power Systems), where can I get a job preparing me for my Practice 1&2?

I'm currently studying ND: Electrical Engineering (Power Systems). If all goes well I will be doing my P1&P2 (in-serve/intern) next year. engineer electrical electricalengineer electricalengineering intern in-serve internship practice1 noexperience technology power...

powersystems

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Nov 18, 2020 454 views

Any electrical engineers working in tech, such as software engr, big data, cybersecurity?

Hello, I am a junior studying electrical engineering. I am interested to learn from engineers who went into tech. what was your main reason? was it difficult to get into, and the prep you had to do? Finally, how do you cope with staring at code for a long period of time? GivingisCaring tech...

electrical engineer career computer programming

Oliverio R.’s Avatar
Oliverio R. Nov 05, 2020 435 views

What do electrical engineers do?

I'm 15 years old. I'm not so creative and I'm not to good being social. I like the outdoors. I don't see myself as smart, but a lot of people think I am. Engineer Electrical...

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Oct 19, 2020 235 views

I have chose Electrical engineering for B.S now what?

Dear everyone, I'm very thankful for all your support and time that you have dedicated for me. Well for those who don't know what I have been through, Im going to write you a fast story. I was struggling choosing a good subject to study at University in Iran. Well I was able to go to top...

electrical ee engineering ceo business electrical_engineering

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. Oct 08, 2020 712 views

Is electrical engineering right for me?

Hello! I'm a high school senior applying for college, and I know I want to do engineering but I'm still a bit unsure about what type to apply for. I was considering Electrical Engineering because the classes sound interesting and I've read up on a couple topics independently because of that,...

college electrical-engineering high-school technology ee electrical major engineering tech college-majors

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Sep 25, 2020 260 views

Industrial engineering or Electrical engineering?

Dear my friends, thank you for giving me your time. I really need help in the place I am right now. I really love being a CEO and having the control of a company or a factory, I love to build my own startups and company and I know that, that's what I really like and all the university courses...

electrical technology ie ai engineering business industrialengineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Aug 06, 2020 320 views

Am I prepared to apply for Electrical Engineering internships?

Hello I'm going into my third year of my EE degree, so far I have take intro circuits and logic design, this semester I will be taking circuits 2 and electronics. My question is am I prepared to apply for internships or should I wait until I'm more into my EE degree? Thank you! electrical...

internship question engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30, 2020 305 views

What is working as a Systems Engineer like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you tell me how about working in systems engineering? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. july20 electrical...

sytems engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Jul 30, 2020 151 views

What is working in power engineering like?

Hello, I am an electrical engineering student and have recently been exploring fields in EE. Can you help me understand what skills would I need to work in power? is the work you do interesting and engaging? and some general advice and tips would be great. Thank you for your help. JULY20...

electrical power engineering

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. May 07, 2020 283 views

Any Electrical Engineering hobbies,skills,books to get into while in quarantine?

We still have over a week left till things start open up, I'm a sophmore EE student. Any hobbies, skills, books to check out to become a more valuable engineer!? Thank you for your help and time. engineering engineer student student...

electrical

Rainer R.’s Avatar
Rainer R. Apr 25, 2020 356 views

How much should a mechanical engineer know about electronics and communication system?

I would like to know what is the necessary background to understand it and apply it in the field. Is it good if I am well versed with electronics, electrical and communications system? Will I get a chance to apply it in projects?engineering electrical-engineering electrical...

electronics mechanical-engineering mechanical-engineer

Taner A.’s Avatar
Taner A. Apr 09, 2020 235 views

Going into my first MEP Internship, what should I expect?

Over the summer I will be working in my first internship as an electrical engineer, at an MEP company. My auto cad skills are very basic, What proficiency of AutoCAD would they expect me to come in with? And what can I do to really excel and do well in this internship to come out with the most...

electrical internship engineering mep electrical-engineering

Sean M.’s Avatar
Sean M. Feb 06, 2020 382 views

What is the most dangerous part of being an electrician?

I am a student in the 11th grade and from other studies about me I have the potential of going into the Electrician range and so I wanted to know what the job is like and how does it work. job career electrician...

electrical

Justin S.’s Avatar
Justin S. Dec 02, 2019 194 views

What is needed for getting into being a elevator installer

I am starting in job corps and looking to take either the electrical trade or the automotive trade, which trade should I take for it installation electrical...

auto

Jacob W.’s Avatar
Jacob W. Aug 07, 2019 235 views

What is a typical day like in the electrical wiring field?

My name is Jacob. I am a student at Job Corps in Roswell, NM and am interested in joining the electrical wiring trade. I have some questions regarding the jobs I'm heading for....

electrical

Bishop D.’s Avatar
Bishop D. Jul 11, 2019 237 views

Do you need to know electrical if you want to work in the carpentry?

do you get to make buildings and places to live for people#career-development carpentry electrical...