Career questions tagged electrical-engineering

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat282 views

Kinda confused about my major ?

Kinda confused about my major Hello, I have been accepted to both electrical engineering and software engineering. Ngl, I chose electrical engineering because I am very interested in making money and starting my own business (although I am not sure if I will be able to do so in this lifetime). After going through the BLIND app, I am a little confused because their TCs have made me blind. Having $600k-700k in their early thirties is kind of crazy. I chose electrical engineering because I genuinely enjoy mathematics, and I was the highest scorer in my high school, ranking 1/2500 (worth noting that my high school is regarded as the best school in my country's curriculum), so I just wanted to let you know that I am extremely hardworking! This summer I have been grinding Python and am now working on Python data structure! Anyway, I have the option to change my major. Can anyone tell me about the current job market? Mcgill also offers co-ops in Swe, and there are tech fairs for other engineering departments. And I have heard that electrical will be the next CSE/SWE because of VLSI projects? It is turning into a $10 billion project or something. Furthermore, digital integrated circuit engineers are well compensated (as seen on Indeed). Or should I take swe as my Minor? I know I sound strange and greedy, but I want to make my own money.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Enrique127 views

If I want to work in the theme parks industry, what are the different areas of careers are offered in this industry ?

I am a graduating senior from high school and I want to wok within the theme-parks industry. I plan to attend a 4-year University. I also plan on majoring in electrical engineering.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Farah234 views

What should I choose to persue degree, either mechanical, electrical or mechatronics ?

Im graduated of diploma in mechatronics engineering ? I want to persue bachelor and I have interest to working in offshore / onshore. In malaysia, mechatronics engineering is not really famous and im afraid that it would be hard for me to find jobs soon. So im confuse to choose between mechanical, electrical or mechatronics to persue my study

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniel203 views

How to build a career in engineering ?

How to build a career in engineering

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lissette415 views

What are some things that surprised you about the electrical line of work?

Job Corps student.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lissette128 views

What traits should I look for in my employer to ensure my success in the electrical field?

Other than prioritizing pay, and unions.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lissette124 views

What are some skills I should begin building ahead of time before being certified as an electrician and starting work?

Currently in my 3rd week at Job Corps.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cathryn188 views

Why is it very rare and difficult to find female students doing engineering courses and how can they be positive about it?

Being a female student and someone who loves doing things like electrical ,i would love to see myself be among the few females' students who are going to encourage other females.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Philip194 views

Electrical electronics and engineering ?

What technical institutions are available for hands-on electrical engineering

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Henry N.247 views

As an electrical engineering student, what professional expertise and ethics are required to become a renewable energy expert? #Spring24

Electrical Engineering and Renewable Energy #Spring24

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kevin609 views

What advice can you give me about my future career in Industrial Electronics?

I have a few questions about the Industrial engineering field, more specifically Industrial Electronics. Given the extensive process to even get certified or a degree, I'm curious as to the learning curve of the work? Are there any particular skills that I should become acquainted with before entering the work field? And are there any commonly open positions regarding this profession? Is it something I would easily be able to apply for a job in, or would it take a longer time with less likelihood of getting in than most other jobs?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat842 views

Going down the right track ?

Hey there, I'm going to study electrical engineering at a top university abroad (t30) and plan to take a minor in applied AI in my second year. So for this, I have started working on Python, Java, and C++ (as I have already completed C back in high school) and plan to work on VHDL afterwards for digital hardware design and test engineering. I'm sure there are so many potential electrical engineers in this group who know if I'm going down the right track. TIA!

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
mathew389 views

what steps should i be taken to work toward becoming am engineer?

electrical and electronics

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Darius278 views

How can I expand on electrical engineer at a young age ?

I want to become an Electrical Engineer but I don’t know what step I should take to get there early on. I am currently a sophomore at a New York high school.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
RICHARD Lee440 views

What other "Branches" of the Electrical Career should I know?

I know there are powerlines and powerboxes, however, should there be other 'branches' of the electrical field that I should know about? Electrical with vehicles, or is that still part of the auto industry? Avionics have their seperate electrical field or don't?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat711 views

Working on it as an incoming student ?

My university is more likely to offer internship opportunities from the second year. What are some skills that I should develop right now so that I can get internships from prominent companies / FAANG while majoring in electrical engineering? I have no prior experience in doing internships! TIA!!

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
mikey505 views

How can I get a Job at my age? Were can I start? How hard Is it to do?

I want an technogoly job at 14 and i got one month till I am 14 its may my birthday is and I want some extra money for technogoly things because I love to build pcs one day and I want experince so I can get the best technogoly Job that's right for me for the future! Hope someone can help me figure this out?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tuesday320 views

What career does electrical engineering choose?

More enlightened on these

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alaric307 views

Would this be a good schedule for someone looking to major in physics and electrical engineering Also, which route should I take for my twelfth grade year?

I’m currently in eighth grade, but since seventh grade I’ve been planning out my high school schedule. I’m unsure on my twelfth grade schedule, though. I believe the science classes might be too much. Based on everything else I’m taking, what do you think I should do? I want to major in electrical engineering and or physics, but I have a strong interest towards American History. Algebra 1 and Geometry in Eighth Grade 9th • Financial Literacy-Alt Day • English 9 (H) • Algebra ll • Band-Alt Day • Physical Education 9-Alt Day • Engineering to Learn (H) • Advanced Placement United States History • French Il Precalculus (H) over the summer 10th • English 10 (H) • Advanced Placement Calculus AB • Band-Alt Day • Music Production l-Alt Day • Health for 10th Grade Students-Alt Day • Biology (H) • World History (H) • French lll 11th • Advanced Placement English Language and Composition • Advanced Placement Calculus C • Band-Alt Day • Music Production ll-Alt Day • Fitness/Weight Training-Alt Day • Chemistry (H) • Physics (H) • Advanced Placement United States Government and Politics • French lV 12th • English 12 (H) • Advanced Placement Computer Science A • Band-Alt Day • Advanced Placement Physics C-Mechanics • Advanced Placement Physics C-Electricity and Magnetism • Advanced Placement Psychology-Alt Day • Advanced Placement French Language • World Language Seminar Or •Advanced Placement French Language • Criminal Justice System • American Presidential Elections Or •Advanced Placement Chemistry

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
landon317 views

If I apply for electrical engineering, how many job opportunities would I have ?

I want to apply for electrical engineering for college, but in case if I change my mind, what other jobs could I have if I still apply for electrical engineering? Another question, what would you say is the must disliked part about electrical engineering.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
landon274 views

How much knowledge does an electrical engineer need to know about designing new ways to use electrical power to develop products?

Been interested in electrical engineering for a while, just wondering how much knowledge does an electrical engineer need to know about designing new ways to use electrical power to develop products?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nikalas474 views

How well is the work schedule for an electrical engineer and what is most of your time spent on?

I'm interested in becoming an electrical engineer and is curious about the work schedule.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nikalas172 views

What type of education did you get for your job and where did you end up going?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ethan141 views

Is being an Electrical Engineering fun or tiring? Is Electrical Engineering a good job for later down in life??

I am a high schooler doing a career project and need to ask two questions.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Isaac642 views

How can I find and communicate with an engineer for an interview for my high school?

I am looking for someone to interview for my high school engineering academy. I’m interested in mechanical, electrical, and engineering physics but I am happy to interview any engineer. The interview would be online and we could discuss the time that works best for you. If anyone could give me advice on a number to call or if someone volunteers it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading my post and have a great day.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mattsean456 views

Is Carpentry a necessity for Electrical ?

I have heard that Carpentry works well with Electrical, but I'm uncertain about wanting to complete that particular field. Will it help me become a better electrician ?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mattsean465 views

What's the typical routine in the field of Electrical ?

It's to have a better grasp on what to expect if I pursue this field as my career.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fahmida Jannat610 views

What major should I go for ?

I have always been interested in mathematics and physics. After graduating from 12th grade, I have discovered that I'm really good at mathematics, though I used to get over 95% in physics, chemistry, and mathematics. I know getting a good score isn't everything in a career; there are so many skills that are required to have a top-notch career. Now I am planning to do my major in electrical engineering or software engineering. As I like grinding mathematics more, will it be a wise decision to major in electrical engineering? I really want to do a startup. Will it be a wise decision to major in electrical engineering, having the passion to do the startup and maintaining academics perfectly?  One thing I would like to say, I'm going to move to Montreal and planning to do my MBA afterwards.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
sevilen243 views

what is the best way to move up in status when i am done with my electrical trade?

so i am attending trade school right now for electrical and i guess i am just a little clueless on how i am going to pursue an actual career

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Shawn303 views

How can I become an electrical engineer What subjects shoould i major to become one?

How can I become an electrical engineer? What subjects shoould i major to become one?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon