Career Questions tagged Technology

Technology involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, Information Technology (IT), and data scientist....

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 28 30 views

What Type of Personality, Work Ethic and Interests would Suit a Biomedical Engineer?

Once again I've been rethinking my options. I was very set on choosing software engineering, as it's a lucrative profession that does stimulate my interest in many ways. Biomedical Engineering, however, has also created a curiosity that I can't think but ignore. As someone who loves programming...

#technology #software-engineering #biomedical-engineering #stem

Oscar A.’s Avatar
Oscar A. Mar 28 23 views

How were you able to execute this nonprofit organization?

I am an aspiring software and agricultural engineer that goes to Aspire Lionel Wilson College Preparatory Academy. #engineer...

#technology

christian N.’s Avatar
christian N. Mar 26 46 views

WHAT OTHER STRENGTHS OR EXPERIENCE MIGHT I NEED FOR SUGGESTED CAREERS?

honesty i will work hard to get my career on technology. #tech #technology #career...

#career-development

Salman S.’s Avatar
Salman S. Mar 25 73 views

How do I get a part time job?

#technology#volunteer...

#technology

Abhay A.’s Avatar
Abhay A. Mar 25 29 views

What sorts of jobs are available in the IT Field that can be accomplished by working at home

I'm interested in the following fields of work: Graphic Design Responsive Web Development Game character Design Game Level Design Animation Modeling #video-games #graphic-design...

#technology

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Mar 23 82 views

What careers should I look into?

For years I have been trying to figure out what career/field I should go into. I have been looking into healthcare, but I decided to consider other fields to make sure that's what I want to do. I am interested in math, science, technology, art, agriculture, and photography. I am also a people...

#math #agriculture #photography #career-counseling #science #career #college #college-major #major #technology #art #job

Willian V.’s Avatar
Willian V. Mar 21 94 views

I Would like to know, What do I need to do in order to get an Internship?

I am just a Dreamer , moved to the San Francisco Bay Area 3 Years ago looking for opportunities, improve myself acquiring as much knowledge as possible and a better environment to create network plus a career in the technology industry. #technology #internship #career #computer...

#engineering

Giridhar N.’s Avatar
Giridhar N. Mar 20 75 views

What should I do for a career in Cyber Security?

I want to become a cyber security expert. What do I do to get there? #technology...

#cyber-security

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 14 103 views

How long Does it Take To Learn Web Development to Create a Website from Scratch?

Due to the march break and the covid-19 outbreak, I have a lot of time on my hands, of which I want to utilize cultivating a new skill. I am planning on investing most of my time learning web development. The reason why I asked this question is that I hope to gain a co-op position in a few...

#internship #web-development #computer-science #technology #covid-19 #programming #career

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 17 72 views

Which Web Developer role or Stack is higher in demand, Front-End, Back-End or Full-Stack? Why?

This question intrigues me since I've believed that back-end has always had a higher barrier to entry to the mathematics behind it, and front-end being for those who have a knack for design, making front-end usually more popular, however, with varying responses on the internet I'm slightly...

#computer #web-development #computer-science #technology #career

Patrick B.’s Avatar
Patrick B. Mar 13 56 views

Where is a good place to start?

As a high school student with the goal to life the dream I would like to know where a good entry level job would be for a new game developer. I do have the ability to learn quickly and think creatively but not to the point where I wan to go inde #software . #gamedev #technology...

#job

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 13 75 views

To What Extent Does the Prestige or Brand Name Affect an Aspiring engineer Looking For a Position At a Fortune 500 Company?

I've heard over and over again on how there are certain target schools such as Stanford, Waterloo, Harvard, Berkeley and others that are really beneficial in obtaining an internship quite efficiently. What I haven't heard many talks about is how this brand name would affect you when applying...

#college #computer-science #technology #job-search #job #career

Renee W.’s Avatar
Renee W. Mar 13 50 views

What does a career in data science look like?

I've been hearing a lot about machine learning and data science, it seems interesting. What are the job prospects like? How much money do you make? What type of problems do you work on? #datascience #data #technology #career...

#datta

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 07 95 views

Are there any University Programs which combine both Finance and Computing? How Do they Work?

This is one question that has been lingering in the back of my mind for a very long time. I have developed a pretty solid foundation in finance and accounting, as well as developed a passion for stem and computing through hobbies and extracurriculars. I have found this one program at the...

#finance #college #accounting #business #computing #computer-science #technology

DJ R.’s Avatar
DJ R. Mar 04 45 views

What's the hardest thing you've ever done with CST?

I'm entering the Computer Service Tech career path, and I'm wondering what the biggest challenge others in that field have had to overcome #computer-science #computer #technology...

#computer-software

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 03 119 views

What Would a Typical Day of a Machine Learning Engineer Consist of, and How Does it Compare to Other Engineering Fields?

After looking at most of my choices, I believe that my interests lie in software engineering, hardware engineering, mechanical engineering, and machine learning engineer. I've always been told that a role as a machine learning is quite complex, and can often be handled by very few individuals...

#engineering #career-advice #computer-science #technology #data-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Mar 01 80 views

How Should I Start Learning about Machine Learning at the Age of 15?

I don't want to be jumping all over the place, but this is just to keep in the side of my mind as I refine my web development skills and learn the general tools that a full-stack engineer utilizes. At 15, how do you recommend I begin to take interest in machine learning? I've always found it...

#computer #engineering #computer-science #technology #data-science

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 72 views

Career pathways for Mechatronics?

I've researched a little on the topic, but have only found videos about robotics engineers. Is this the only pathway specialized for an individual with a mechatronics degree? Or is it broader than that? As a tenth grader, I want to be fully informed of every opportunity I have in engineering...

#technology #robotics #engineering #career

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 108 views

Is working at a FAANG company in Silicon Valley really worth it? Will the expenses incurred make the job seem much more unreasonable?

As a 10th grader, my dream is to work at a FAANG company (maybe in silicon valley). Recently, however, I've been looking at articles and videos which claim that the expenses one incurs make living there very unreasonable. Some say that it is better to work at a company in a state with lower...

#job-search #career #job #technology

Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Feb 23 134 views

As a 10th grader what extracurriculars and average should I aim for if looking to apply to computer science?

I'm in 10th grade and trying to work my way towards computer science at waterloo or UOFT. My projected average is 91, mainly because I didn't try that hard first semester, but I understand the sacrifice I must make now. Any advice on volunteer activities or extracurriculars I should pursue to...

#computer-science #technology #college

Maria R.’s Avatar
Maria R. Feb 21 94 views

What are good personal attributes and qualities to be a good candidate for the computer science field?

I'm considering going into computer science in my future, so I would love to know what qualities would be good to have to be able to make a good candidate for computer science. #computer #computer-science #science #technology #computer-software...

#qualities