Career Questions tagged Technology

Technology involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, Information Technology (IT), and data scientist....

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. 11 hours ago 22 views

Is Fintech a good major to take?

Hi, I am planning on taking Fintech for my masters. Do i need to have very good math or statistics skills? Also is the degree something that can help me get a job faster? Thank you. #career #math #fintech #finance #technology #masterdegree #degree...

#statistics

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Sep 25 60 views

Industrial engineering or Electrical engineering?

Dear my friends, thank you for giving me your time. I really need help in the place I am right now. I really love being a CEO and having the control of a company or a factory, I love to build my own startups and company and I know that, that's what I really like and all the university courses...

#technology #ai #electrical #industrialengineering #business #engineering #ie

Borna B.’s Avatar
Borna B. Sep 24 49 views

Industrial engineering or computer engineering

#technology #ai #computer #industrialengineering #business #engineering #ie

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17 56 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#general #college #professor #technology #major #it #informationtechnology #school #coding #scripting #python #python3 #classes #career #programming

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Sep 12 181 views

What to say when reaching out connections on Linkedin?

THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO ANSWER MY QUESTION! Context: I came across a job posting in "X" department I'd like to apply and I know someone who works at that company in "Y" department. I understand that X & Y departments work closely together. I want to gain more insights about the...

#jobapplications #networking #technology #interview #linkedin #employer #careercoaching #career #strategy

Aniya W.’s Avatar
Aniya W. Aug 23 156 views

Which is more beneficial? A double major or a Master's degree.

I'm thinking about a career in the Fintech industry. Would it be better for me to double major in Finance and Computer science or just to go for a single major and get a Master's degree? P.s - I'm in the Early College Program #majors #career # college #finance #technology...

#fintech

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Aug 08 178 views

How to engage more audiences on Linkedin?

To all professionals reading this post, thank you for your precious time! I hope all is well on your end! :) Context: I like to use Linkedin to look for jobs and connect with like-minded people. However, my posts don't usually generate a lot of views. I don't know how LinkedIn algorithm...

#technology #professionals #linkedin #writer #consulting #contentcreator #recruiters #career #algorithm #hr #strategy #careeradvice #influencer

Xue W.’s Avatar
Xue W. Aug 03 175 views

Is UX design a oversatuarated industry to choose?

Hi! I am a new master graduate in chemical engineering, living in Canada. I'm also a international student. However, I almost have no interest in this field and due to covid-19, most of the oil companies are laying off people rather hiring. This makes me to change my career. I'm interested in...

#uxdesign #design #technology #career

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Jul 29 163 views

Why is it hard to build my network and find a mentor in my field of study?

I am an IT major. I tried my best to build my network and find a mentor, but it's really hard. Maybe, I am not doing it the right way. I need help....building my network, finding a mentor.....almost EVERYTHING. Technology might be in demand, but it's really hard to find a job without...

#help #networking #major #college #technology #mentor #july20 #network #building

Yuri G.’s Avatar
Yuri G. Jul 29 73 views

Are there jobs related to Complex Systems?

I've always been interested in complex systems, from network science to the study of emerging properties of multi agent systems. But at the moment I see complex systems more as a research field than a practical thing in the industry. Do you know if there are jobs related to complex systems?...

#technology #it #knowledge #complexsystems #july20 #networks

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 29 219 views

How Do You Keep Yourself Motivated? (Insights from all industries are welcome! )

Hello everyone! Tech industry is ever changing, new tools/frameworks keep popping up. For example, using React hooks in the React App has been gaining popularity since its release. Another example is the new features of JavaScript (ES6/7/8/9 /10......) Questions: 1. Given the...

#selflearning #technology #reactdeveloper #coding #learning #motivated #personaldevelopment #lifelonglearner #webdevelopment #career #education #psychology #programming

Bayan K.’s Avatar
Bayan K. Jul 18 82 views
Angelina C.’s Avatar
Angelina C. Jul 25 249 views

How did you decide what you wanted to do after college?

I am a rising high school senior who is interested in STEM, and I would like to know more about the possible career paths in this field. #career #stem #careers #engineering #tech #medicine #technology #chemistry #math #economics #mathematics...

#data

Babita G.’s Avatar
Babita G. Jul 22 129 views

My question is how do I find tech companies who are hiring non-residents?

My major is computer science and I’m an international student. After graduation we can apply to work for a year as a part of practical training. But I’m worried about my career after that because my one work permit will expire and can’t be renewed since I’m a non-resident of US. I have to find...

#technology #computer-science #international-student #july20

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 22 156 views

What's the one thing you would do differently if you could travel back in time to where you started your career / coding journey?

As a self-taught web developer, at some point during my coding journey, I got distracted and switched to a different language just out of curiosity. (switch from JavaScript to Python). Three months later, I realized that Python or Data science isn't really my thing. (I definitely see the...

#professional #focus #learning #python #timetravel #programming #careeradvice #technology #javascript #coding #business #webdevelopment #career #education #careerguidance #careerchoices

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18 125 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#technology #school #dataanalyst #cybersecurity #coding #datascience #data #salary

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18 269 views

How do you overcome imposter syndrome?

As a self-taught web developer, I often wonder whether I am competent enough to apply for web developer jobs that typically require a degree in Computer Science & require 2+ years (or more) of relevant work experiences for junior web developer position. The requirement section in the job...

#jobpost #interview-prep #technology #softskills #impostersyndrome #coding #humanresource #career #webdevelopment #technicalskills #july20 #hr #careeradvice

C L.’s Avatar
C L. Jul 18 164 views

How to prep for (technical) interviews for Web Developer position?

Hello everyone! I'm a self-taught front-end web developer with background in Psychology. - How do you usually prepare for your interviews ? - What kinds of questions do they typical ask? - When you are given a problem you can't solve on the spot, what do you do to leave a good...

#technology #interview #coding #july20 #interview-preparation #careertips #career #interviewing-skills

Sibel O.’s Avatar
Sibel O. Jul 17 89 views

What do you find exciting about working in cybersecurity?

What kind of people do you think should go into this field? #technology #cybersecurity...

#july20

Chloe T.’s Avatar
Chloe T. Jul 17 196 views
Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17 93 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#womeninstem #technology #computer-science #careerdevelopment #informationsecurity #applicationsecurity #computer-security #cybersecurity #stem #july20 #computerscience #career