Career Questions tagged Technology

Technology involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, Information Technology (IT), and data scientist....

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. 2 days ago 38 views

How to ask a recruiter about multiple applications?

I recently applied to a company for 3 different positions. However all of these positions are UI/UX designer/researcher roles. They all had what I was looking for in a position so I applied to all 3. It hasn't been two weeks yet but I recently connected with a recruiter from the company on...

David Jolly M.’s Avatar
David Jolly M. May 09 22 views

What can I do to develop technology for health in Africa?

I am currently a final-year medical student in Uganda. I have learned data analysis with R, moving on to learn machine learning. I am also learning python. I am interested in working majorly on AI for health

Yeoeun K.’s Avatar
Yeoeun K. May 05 52 views

About Computer and Information Systems Managers

Hi I have some questions about Computer and Information Systems Managers. 1. What is your favorite/least favorite part of this job? 2. How long do you work each day? 3. What is the most difficult part of your job? 4. Have you been working from home after Corona started? Or did you go to work?...

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 44 views

In computer programming, what should I focus on most?

It would be helpful if there was something significant to focus on if I were to start computer programming.

kendalle H.’s Avatar
kendalle H. May 04 72 views

What does growth look like after you reach the peak?

I would like to know what it will be like once I reach my fullest potential in computer production.

Christopher J.’s Avatar
Christopher J. May 03 75 views

Is it okay to get into any computer field with little to no knowledge on the subject?

Computers have always been of interest to me on many different levels, both in hardware and software. Still, I have never been in a position to expand my personal skills and knowledge of computers. To be able to create the things I have always dreamed of, I would like to program or even code in...

David B.’s Avatar
David B. May 03 44 views

Software Engineers; How long is your average work day?

I'm just doing some research for a class of mine and i was wondering how long you work each day.

Athena R.’s Avatar
Athena R. May 03 65 views

do you regret going into computer science?

for those who are software engineers- is there work life balance? is working on a computer for most of the day draining?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 80 views

What kind of companies would hire a computer programmer?

Where would a computer programmer get hired and what skills would they be looking for?

Brayden B.’s Avatar
Brayden B. Apr 28 57 views

What are some good classes to take in college for a computer programmer?

What would be good majors/minors to take in college to help prepare you to become a computer programmer?

ARIANNA S.’s Avatar
ARIANNA S. Apr 27 65 views

Computer Technician- Advance Computer System Administrator Questions..

Thank you for agreeing to this informational interview. I am a Job Corps student at Cascades, and I am reaching out to you because I believe I would enjoy working in Information Technology more specifically Advanced Computer System Administrator, and I would appreciate your perspective on the...

Venus P.’s Avatar
Venus P. Apr 26 88 views

Can you get a job in cybersecurity with just tech certificates instead of pursing a bachelors.

Going to college is time-consuming (4 years) and expensive. Would I be able to break into tech with just certificates and experience? If so what certificates are good for cybersecurity?

jack M.’s Avatar
jack M. Apr 26 75 views

I want to begin learning how to edit film and videos, so whats the best way to start

I want to know:

- What's the best way to start
- How should I practice
- How important is learning sound editing
- What are good skills to have
-What tools are most beneficial

Tushar M.’s Avatar
Tushar M. Apr 26 104 views

Which the best platform to learn coding. Is codeacademy a good platform.

I am tushar I have a passion for software development. I am currently studying in 10 standard. I think if I give a kickstart my career right now so that I can learn other coding languages in my college and get succeed more so I started learning with Codecademy is it a good platform to learn codes.

Tushar M.’s Avatar
Tushar M. Apr 26 103 views

what is the best language to start learning about coding is HTML a good language to start with

I am tushar student of 10 standard. I want to learn about coding I started with HTML and through which I found my passion for software development but is the right language because I don't want to excel in web development. Many people suggested me to learn about python should I learn that.

Jacob G.’s Avatar
Jacob G. Apr 26 72 views

5 questions I have about becoming a business intelligence analyst

1. What is the hardest part about being a business intelligence analyst? 2. What would be a good skill to have if I were to become one? 3. Do you create good friendships with others you work with? 4. Does it pay well? 5. Is there anything I should know before becoming a business intelligence...

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Apr 17 119 views

To people who work in IT, did you love coding when you first started but now feel like you lost interest in it?

Lately I've been coding very often and I realized it was something I really enjoyed doing. It's fun creating projects and seeing how I can make them work. I'm afraid if I make it as my job, it will become something I dread doing.

Myles H.’s Avatar
Myles H. Apr 16 110 views

What makes a good team in software development?

More specifically, what are some good qualities that you have noticed from team members that get a good team going? Humor, flow, just anything in general that you have noticed help bring a team together to be more enjoyable & productive, specifically in computer science.

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 16 93 views

Where do I find internships or immersions?

Greetings! I am a Grade 12 student in the STEM fields. I want to start my journey by looking for free and virtual internships and Immersion in the STEM or ABM field to expand my knowledge and skillset in these industries. My school currently does not provide these opportunities. Any experience...