Career Questions tagged Technology

Technology involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, Information Technology (IT), and data scientist....

Genevieve J.’s Avatar
Genevieve J. Aug 10 82 views

What is the best associates degree to get before getting a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity?

Both my younger brother and sister want to earn their associate's degree in cybersecurity, However, I'm concerned that they will be unable to find jobs after graduating with only their associate's degree. I've researched cybersecurity jobs, and discovered that most, if not all require at least...

Tatiana W.’s Avatar
Tatiana W. Aug 03 116 views

What type of animation jobs have flexible hours + stable pay?

Hello, everyone. While I researched animation roles, I learned that some workers may work long hours/overtime, or that animators work project-to-project. The fact that some people may go through a period of no work with studios or experience high levels of burnout troubles me (as that is...

Erica O.’s Avatar
Erica O. Aug 01 147 views

Is it advisable to take dual enrollment while I enter the senior year of high school?

My school doesn't offer many AP classes, and I'm trying to challenge myself academically. Is it advisable for me to take community college classes during my senior year, and how will it affect my college applications?

Daniel V.’s Avatar
Daniel V. Jul 28 89 views

What additional training/certifications/classes should I take to further my career in Cyber Security

Hi my name is Daniel I am a current cyber security prospect, I am looking to build myself, as well as my portfolio in the field and would appreciate any information or tips for a strong lucrative start.

Thank you for your time.

Jack S.’s Avatar
Jack S. Jul 21 166 views

Does taking IT help immensely in a Programming Job in the future?

Does Informational Technology (Linux) help at all with Programming (Python)? I've enrolled in an IT 101 course, and I'm getting second thoughts on whether or not I've been tricked into an advertisement or I'm gaining purposeful knowledge.

Naomi F.’s Avatar
Naomi F. Jul 20 150 views

What exactly do tech consultants do?

Would it include any sort of programming or SWE?

Aedan S.’s Avatar
Aedan S. Jul 16 126 views

Is there a future in medical technology?

Is there a possible future in medical technology like surgery robots, and how would you get there?

Francisco L.’s Avatar
Francisco L. Jun 29 112 views

What are some tools a Welder uses?

I am a San Jose Job Corps student and I was wondering what tools a welder uses.

Francisco L.’s Avatar
Francisco L. Jun 29 120 views

What does a Welder do in their day to day work?

I am a student at San Jose Job Corps and I will be taking the welding trade there and Was wondering what a welder does.

Esther G.’s Avatar
Esther G. Jun 29 334 views

I am a marketing major interested in the tech industry what roles could there possibly be for me in that field?

I am looking for more creative work in group settings

Maxwell J.’s Avatar
Maxwell J. Jun 28 79 views

what do i need to know going into the maritime industry?

what is it like to work in the maritime industry? what are the daily duties ? what is the pay like? are there any promotions? what is the most important thing to know in the maritime industry?

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 155 views

What does a day in the life of a data scientist look like?

Looking to potentially become a data scientist in the future.

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 264 views

As an incoming college freshman planning to work in tech industry, what should I do over the next few years to prepare?

Ex: types of skills to learn, types of internships to get, people to reach out and connect

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Jun 19 199 views

Is freelancing a good hustle to work with?

I am a student in tech. I can't really find opportunities yet as a student. I decided to do freelancing. Should I focus only on my tech career? Is freelancing a good move?? I honestly don't if I am doing right in my career. The benefits of freelancing is a good pay & learn about social...

David O.’s Avatar
David O. Jun 16 216 views

[Advice to Career Computer Science students] Should I start as a developer or an operational support in a technology company.

As an operational support intern, I began to wonder whether I should convert to full time and stay in the same team (operation support) or request a team change and become a developer instead? One of my main concerns is which starting point will be most beneficial to my future professional...

Omari S.’s Avatar
Omari S. Jun 16 214 views

What Advice Would You Give To a Teen Who Is Starting to Have an Interest in Computer Science and Automotive?

Hello! As a child I have always had a passion for cars, which is still reigning now, but I have down this newfound love for CS. What advice would you give someone who is willing to a career in these sectors, and is there any resources that I can use to help gain further knowledge about them?

Ki Hyun S.’s Avatar
Ki Hyun S. Jun 15 328 views

Master degree course work

First of all, I am an international student and have a year to finish my course. I am doing my masters in mechanical engineering. However, I somehow dived into the computer science field studying human&AI and currently preparing for the graduation project in this field. I am willing to find...

Anel E.’s Avatar
Anel E. Jun 12 139 views

How to choose right company to job shadow

I want to use my Gap year to volunteer/job shadow at a tech business before going to college. How do I know I chose the right one to shadow.

Kalyani C.’s Avatar
Kalyani C. Jun 10 183 views

Should I go for Automobile Design?

I have completed my Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and I currently am joining a reputed Automobile company, in India. I really wish to pursue a Masters's degree and want to go in a Design field as I like the design process. I've recently developed an interest in gaming and I'm very much...

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. Jun 09 138 views

Thank you for your help!

For all people that have been helping me with my other questions, thank you because it is really helping! Especially the people that have answered multiple.

Abigail P.’s Avatar
Abigail P. Jun 07 159 views

Tech Career Goals

I am currently going into my third semester of college. In my first two semesters, I've been focusing on nursing, completing the classes for applying to the program. Unfortunately, I couldn't apply to the nursing program for the two semesters. Now going into the third, it's time for me to...

Dartavious T.’s Avatar
Dartavious T. May 31 176 views

What Does Microsoft Specialize In?

What is this company known for,what does this company specialize in such as video games,computer engineering,technology information etc.

Corvon K.’s Avatar
Corvon K. May 31 119 views

What is like in life of an technologies

What time do you wake up.what are the people like there. do you fix computer or promgram them.

Corvon K.’s Avatar
Corvon K. May 31 213 views

How did you go about begin a technology

Im very intersting in technology i would like to know more about it

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 31 291 views

what should i do now?

im 12 and am wondering what i should do right now to get ready for my software developer job whether im at nasa or not.

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 28 298 views

What does a cyber crime investigator actually do?

Is it boring?

Do ya´ll just catch pedofiles all day or is there something more?

Is it a fufilling career?

Can dumb people be good in this feild?

Do you need to have a strong mentallity or stomatch to do this job?

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 27 215 views

What is the difference between these 2 jobs?

Hi im thinking about being a software developer but I keep on seeing software engineer. What are the cons and pros of a software engineer vs a software developer? Also thank you for all the help you guys have given me especially Randy Tolentino.

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 26 154 views

How do i get in to NASA as a software Developer?

I want to be a NASA Software Developer but i dont know exactly what i should do to have a high chance to get in

Ryan W.’s Avatar
Ryan W. May 26 142 views

What did you do to become a software developer and what was your salary because of that?

What did you do to become a software developer and what was your salary because of that. Im slowly getting pieces of what it would be like to be a software developer.

Leviticus W.’s Avatar
Leviticus W. May 26 203 views

One career goal of mine is to work for a famous tech company like apple or samsung.

I think I could reach this goal within the next few years.