Career Questions tagged Technology

Technology involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, Information Technology (IT), and data scientist....

Brandon C.’s Avatar
Brandon C. Oct 19 75 views

How do you live on your own?

I am a young adult looking for answers on what funds to build, what saving accounts to make, 401k's? Retirement funds, I just want answers to basic adult questions. money...

technology

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19 36 views

What are some drawback of being a computer programmer?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. computer programming computer-programming computer-software computer-science...

technology microcomputerapplications program tech

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19 23 views

What are some option I may have for going to college for programming? What options do I have for degrees and different colleges I can go to?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. college-major major computer-science college programming coding program...

technology microcomputerapplications computer-software tech computers computer

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19 33 views

What advice would you give to someone considering being a programer?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. college college-major tech technology # computer computer computer-science...

programming computer-software programmer program

Celiang H.’s Avatar
Celiang H. Oct 15 62 views
stephanie L.’s Avatar
stephanie L. Oct 06 80 views

What do employers look for when recruiting for a software engineer, or any other computer science job?

I'm interested in pursuing computer science as a degree in college but I was wondering what tech companies look in terms of soft skill, and maybe a bit of hard skills as well. What are some classes I should take in college? What skills should I work on or need? computer-science computer...

technology computer-software software

Jiarong J.’s Avatar
Jiarong J. Oct 06 99 views

While in college, how you prepare yourself to become a software engineer?

I am a High School Senior who has a strong passion in Computer Science and I am looking forward to become a Software Engineer. But I have a concern. According to Moore's law, "Computational progress will become significantly faster, smaller, and more efficient over time". I am worried that...

computer-engineering engineer technology computer-software computer

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Oct 06 71 views

What are some technology companies that include Social Justice as one of their core values?

I'm a senior in high school and am passionate about incorporating Social Justice with technology. I would love to learn about tech companies that I could possibly intern for or work for after college that involves Social Justice in their work! Thanks :) technology socialjustice...

techcompanies techinternships

Greg B.’s Avatar
Greg B. Oct 06 69 views

How would you build a software developer?

I'm a Marine Corps Veteran and was just accepted to a program that will pay for school, any additional training that would make me more hirable, and a monthly housing allowance. I'm starting at a local community college and looking to transfer to Santa Clara University in pursuit of a computer...

phython coding technology computer-software college software-developer computer computer-science

Joshua K.’s Avatar
Joshua K. Oct 05 92 views

What career do you want and what are your goals?

I want to be a software engineer because it has a very high rate of pay and it is what I am interested in, in the digital age. technology software-development...

engineering

weilin Y.’s Avatar
weilin Y. Oct 05 62 views

How can I graduate from college that ranked 1st in computer science?

What should I do to improve my skills of using computer hardware and software and other programming skills? computer-science...

technology

Jlane D.’s Avatar
Jlane D. Oct 05 56 views

What steps do I need to learn in order to become an advanced coder?

I've been wanting to code for a while now and now I get to learn some. I'm not sure if we will be learning about javascript here, but I want to learn more about computer techs because I want to be a youtuber when I grow up. I also want to be a web designer or a video game designer! technology...

game-design

Gavin B.’s Avatar
Gavin B. Oct 05 129 views

Any advice to get into Programming/Coding?

I am currently a new student in Job corps and i'm hoping to get a career in the IT field that involves programming/coding like a Web Developer or Software Developer but I also have no experience with it and would like some advice/insight on this career path. Does coding actually take high math...

computer-programming technology programming coding

Fakaiha Z.’s Avatar
Fakaiha Z. Oct 03 107 views

How should I independently prepare for a future degree and career in computer science while still in high school?

I'm currently a junior in high school, doing IB. Most of my IB subjects are irrelevant to CS (English, French, chemistry, biology, philosophy, psychology) except for math. In math, I am learning algebra, functions, geometry and trigonometry, probability and statistics, and calculus. So aside...

roadmap technology cybersecurity online-resources university-prep math software university data-science high-school computer-science science

Alex T.’s Avatar
Alex T. Sep 29 78 views

Is the field of computer science very dependable for an individual when it comes to salary and overall living sustainability?

financial-planning computer-science science technology I live in rural Indiana, so the cost of living is not nearly as high as areas like California or New York,...