Career Questions tagged Software Development

lize T.’s Avatar
lize T. Nov 16 84 views

1. What is a day in the life of a software developer of websites and/or application like exactly? 2. What kind of benefits does your job give you? 3. What are three thing that I should know about getting into this career? 4. Do you have any side hobbies that you fund with your career?

I'm looking into becoming a software developer for applications and would love to know more about what this job entails from someone who actually does this every day and may or may not like it. I'm open to all opinions and suggestions! Thank you, in advance, for your time in answering my...

technology software web-development career software-development

Joshua K.’s Avatar
Joshua K. Oct 05 144 views

What career do you want and what are your goals?

I want to be a software engineer because it has a very high rate of pay and it is what I am interested in, in the digital age. technology software-development...

engineering

Snyder G.’s Avatar
Snyder G. Sep 28 75 views

What strugles do you face in your current job

I am a 9th grader and i currently studying software devloping and id love to know some tips and tricks to help with strugles that I will face. software-development technology...

professional

Rajveer S.’s Avatar
Rajveer S. Jul 04 271 views

What do you do when you become a software developer and is it a good career to go for?

I am in high school. Currently thinking about my career and want to know more about software development. software software-development software-engineer technology...

video-games

Prajwal S.’s Avatar
Prajwal S. Jun 04 168 views

Where/How can i get software development internship in USA/Europe?

Hello, i am Prajwal Siwakoti .Since most of my programming learning is from self-learning , i think i have reached my threshold. I need to learn more from professional environment, follow industry best practices in development. Help me find the internship, i am ready to start from scratch....

technology computer programming software-development

Dinesh P.’s Avatar
Dinesh P. Jun 22, 2020 599 views

How to approach software development early on in career?

As an intern, I see that the enterprise projects are very different from what we make at university level. The technology used requires me to go through a lot of new technologies. How should I approach this. Should I be worried for not knowing these tech stacks or Is it natural and common for a...

technology software software-engineer computer-software software-development

Grace K.’s Avatar
Grace K. Feb 02, 2020 394 views

How can I grow my networks?

I'm currently studying IT software development and will be looking for jobs soon. How can I grow my network and connections so I have a better chance at finding a job in the industry? job networking software-development...

job-search

Heather J.’s Avatar
Heather J. Jan 26, 2020 508 views

What's the best way for a beginner to learn software testing and get started working in this profession?

I'm an adult learner with a Bachelor's degree in an unrelated discipline (Social Science) that is seeking a mentor for transitioning my career into Software Testing software technology computer softwaretesting QA software-development...

software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 609 views

I spent most of my software engineering internship not programming. Will that hurt me in interviews for full-time roles?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up an internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. Most of my time was spent reading code, reading documentation, learning to use internal tools, writing configs, writing test cases, minor bug fixes,...

web-development backend-development software-engineering programming python software-development

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 675 views

What types of software engineering roles will allow me to spend the most time actually writing code?

Hi everyone. I'm a CS major in college, about to become a senior, and will be looking for a full-time role soon. I feel like I'm on track, and am considering what type of software engineering role I'd like to pursue. One thing that I've learned from my summer internship is how much of software...

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Aug 02, 2019 320 views

How much of the time is a backend software engineer actually writing code?

I'm a CS major in college and I am about to finish up a 12-week internship in backend software engineering at a division of a very large tech company. I'm a little surprised at what % of my internship was actually spent writing code: just about 3 of the 12 weeks. The other 9 weeks were mostly...

Joshua N.’s Avatar
Joshua N. Apr 08, 2019 361 views

What does a day in the life of a software developer look like?

I'm really interested in becoming a software developer. What do they do on a day-to-day basis? software technology software-development software-engineer...

software-engineering

Anina H.’s Avatar
Anina H. Feb 20, 2019 538 views

Which software team should I pick for my summer internship?

I've been using CareerVillage ever since high school to get help, and I feel like I'm finally close to the finish line.. I'm a junior in college majoring in Computer Science at a well-known school. I accepted a backend software engineering internship for this summer, and I was recently sent a...

software-engineer technology software software-development

Kathy M.’s Avatar
Kathy M. Dec 12, 2018 489 views

I'm considering web development, database administration, and software development/programming. How can I tell which area would be right for me?

software-development computer-software programming technology I have a bachelor's degree unrelated to CS. I'm looking at either a boot camp, an AAS degree or maybe another bachelor's in CS. My kids are almost out of high school so I'm looking for a big change and something I can really...

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Aug 16, 2018 359 views

What steps do I need to take to get an international internship?

I am a junior Computer Engineering major. I am currently learning German as a second language and one of my goals is to have a software development internship in Germany. I have been applying for internships and looking for international ones, but I would like to hear if there are any specific...

second-language internships german computer-engineering software-development

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Aug 16, 2018 469 views

What should I do to get an internship during winter break?

I am a rising junior majoring in Computer Engineering. I would like to use my winter break effectively by getting an relevant internship to occupy that time. I've heard that's it's incredibly difficult to do so, though. I've been googling "software development winter break internships" and...

internship technology internships career career-development computer-engineering software-development