Career Questions tagged Learning

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26 26 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development?

My Goal: Create an app similar to Tinder *Please note, I'm not trying to throw my hat in the ring with Tinder, Bumble, and all of those. This is just a side project that I'm interested in, I'm not considering fighting against Tinder. My Current Skills: * Minimal experience with MEAN stack...

#technology #engineering #internship #ios #learning #android #mobiledevelopment #kotlin #industry #react #womenintech #reactnative #tech #programming #mobiledev

Cassia T.’s Avatar
Cassia T. Jul 26 16 views

What steps should I take to get into Mobile Development

#technology #engineering #internship #ios #learning #android #mobiledevelopment #kotlin #industry #react #reactnative #tech #womenintech #mobiledev

Rebecca M.’s Avatar
Rebecca M. Dec 11, 2018 164 views

What are some great programs to watch in Spanish to help improve my fluency?

I would like to know of some great shows (preferably on Netflix) that I could watch to improve my comprehension of Spanish and my fluency. #college, #spanish,...

#learning

Reva J.’s Avatar
Reva J. Jul 31, 2018 193 views
Jacqueline U.’s Avatar
Jacqueline U. Jul 03, 2018 207 views

What should I know for shadowing?

I'm a rising senior, and I've always been confused about this. I would love to be a doctor (I'm debating on the type) and would like to shadow my local doctors to see which would be a better "fit" for me, but I don't want to show up naive or seem unintelligent. I don't want the doctor to quiz...

#pediatrician #shadowing #medicine #hospital #learning #doctor

Keila F.’s Avatar
Keila F. Jan 04, 2018 321 views
Kimberly H.’s Avatar
Kimberly H. May 31, 2018 182 views

Are you able to learn or continue to learn instruments in college?

I would like to know if this is dependent on the college/university or even offered....

#learning

Jeffrey A.’s Avatar
Jeffrey A. Mar 20, 2018 209 views

How can I change my school system for the better?

As I was Sitting in my biotech class listening to my teacher talking about central dogma, She said something interesting; she said "you should remember this from biology freshman year. Everyone in the class said the same thing,"no I don't remember this." I wondered, why don't any of us remember...

#education #entrepreneur #school #learning #classes

Sarah K.’s Avatar
Sarah K. May 14, 2018 205 views

What is the best way to retain what you’re learning?

What are the best ways to study? How do you memorize things efficiently? Best way to prepare for a exam/test/quiz? How can you retain what you’re learning, remember it? #studying #exam #help #scared #learning #remembering #studying-tips...

Colin N.’s Avatar
Colin N. Jan 16, 2018 147 views

What is the best way to learn outside of the classroom?

In school the obvious way to learn is to study and learn from a course. What are ways you may learn while in school? Would it be best to learn from other students or spend time talking to professors of our of course topics? I would personally prefer to learn more than my classroom material....

#adult-learning-theory #learning #studying-tips #education

Kailynn S.’s Avatar
Kailynn S. Apr 18, 2018 257 views

What are some strategies I can use to use my time wisely, to balance school and a social life?

I want to have fun in college but I don't want to have too much fun and loose track of getting my work done.#learning...

#sociallife

breanna W.’s Avatar
breanna W. Apr 12, 2018 183 views

I am interested in becoming a nurse but i am not sure if that is what I am interested in doing the rest of my life. I just want to know what other careers there are that pays like a nurse and I would still like it.

I am in 10th grade and i am interested in chemistry cosmetology and also many things that help other maiby in there daily life. #nursing #career options #learning # helping others #daily...

Emily N.’s Avatar
Emily N. Mar 27, 2018 244 views

Where do I go for support?

Where am I able to find support when I am falling behind in a class or do not understand something? I have decided to go to a larger college and I'm worried about feeling lost and alone. Will there be peer mentors or professor mentors that will be able to help guide me to make the most...

#effective #learning #large-college #support

Emily N.’s Avatar
Emily N. Mar 27, 2018 221 views

What was it like adjusting to a larger classroom?

I'm used to relatively small and quiet classes. I want to know what the transition is like and how you adapted to it. Was it harder to learn in large auditoriums and was it difficult to hear and understand the professor? #college-advice #classroom...

#learning

Feril S.’s Avatar
Feril S. Mar 10, 2018 254 views

Should I choose My career as a programmer.Is there Any future for me in this post ?

I always have this doubt.I am very interested in Programming. After my schooling I will go one of the collages to study programming.Is there any chance to b jobless as there are many people belonging to this category . #programming #learning...

Shonte D.’s Avatar
Shonte D. Jan 21, 2018 223 views

What is a good job that I could get from having a Masters in Industrial/ Organizational Psychology?

I am asking because this is a popular field at my college. #higher-education #learning #knowledgeispower...

Abby Lupi’s Avatar
Abby L. Jan 20, 2018 292 views

How do I survive high school physics?

I love physics and study it on my own time, but I'm bored with what we're learning in class. How do I make it through another half year of a subject I love but a class I'm not into? #physics #high-school-classes #high-school-students...

#learning

Noelia R.’s Avatar
Noelia R. Jan 13, 2018 207 views

What did your college experience provide you?

What are ways college changed you and/or your point of view on something? Most importantly, did you enjoy college? #college #college-life #learning...

#life-experience

Mireia R.’s Avatar
Mireia R. Dec 12, 2017 272 views

What are some innovative ways to keep a class engaged?

I volunteer at church school as a teacher aid and we've integrated material into games, activities, discussions, and crafts. Would really appreciate some other creative ideas to keep learning fun and interesting. #education #educator #teacher #teaching #being-an-elementary-teacher...

#learning

Garima J.’s Avatar
Garima J. Oct 23, 2017 495 views

How to start learning about a career path?

I finished my BA in Psychology and I'm interested in counseling, yet I don't have any experience or know anyone in the field. How do I get started learning about it? Or for that matter any career path I'm interested in? #career #career-path #careers #career-choice #learning #start #psychology...

#counseling #psychology-education

Keerthana M.’s Avatar
Keerthana M. Jun 04, 2016 371 views

Which is the best method for reading?

Mary M.’s Avatar
Mary M. Aug 31, 2017 280 views

What are the most helpful and authentic online resources you would recommend a college student to start learning about FOREX trading?

Trading is a very complex network, whether it be stock or FOREX markets. And it takes a person a specific amount of time to become really good at trading. Therefore, I want to start learning and educating myself about investing in FOREX markets. #forex #trade #investment #learning #economics...

#investment-management

Vincent P.’s Avatar
Vincent P. Aug 31, 2017 206 views

is there any key to better understanding chemistry?

I just struggle with the topic #chemistry #learning...

#learning-and-development

CIERRA M.’s Avatar
CIERRA M. May 05, 2016 556 views

How many years does it take to become an OBGYN?

Just Wanting To Know How Long Does Training Last Before You Get To Experience Yourself With Patients #medicine #healthcare #experience #learning #hospital-and-health-care #healthcare...

#career

Cedrick D.’s Avatar
Cedrick D. Aug 30, 2017 365 views

Where do you learn from the most, outside of the classroom?

When you're unable to attend school for any reason (financial, etc) how do you continue to study and learn more about yourself and the world? #reallife #e-learning #learning...

#self-improvement

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 545 views

Why would learning abroad give me a leg up amongst my future competition?

I'm considering going abroad #career #school #study-abroad...

#learning

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 381 views

How can I make the right connections if I want to be a teacher?

I want to be a teacher when I graduate from York University #teaching #teacher #career-choice #school #career-path #career-development #learning...

#connections

Deborah C.’s Avatar
Deborah C. Feb 11, 2017 544 views

Is learning additional languages an asset for my future career?

I am learning French at York University. #career-development #language #foreign-languages...

#learning