Career Questions tagged Professor

Typically an educator at college institutions, a professor possesses a Masters or Doctorate degree in their field of expertise. For more information, please read below.

Gvonta H.’s Avatar
Gvonta H. Nov 13, 2020 154 views

What all do I have to do to become a successful engineer in the near future?

I want to learn what will be the best route for me to become a engineer #computer #expert #software...

#professor

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 52 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. #student #graduate #professor...

#clinicalpsychology #psychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 79 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students...

#graduate

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Oct 05, 2020 84 views

Can a clinical psychologist also be a psychology professor (at the same time)?

#psychology #professors #professor #phd Edit:- I thought it would be useful if I mentioned the country too (in which I would like to practice/teach). I think, most likely, the...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17, 2020 261 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

#college #informationtechnology #technology #python3 #professor #classes #school #programming #coding #major #it #python #career #scripting #general

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 18, 2020 122 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? #psychology #graduateschool #college...

#ms #degree #colleges #july20 #professor #student #mentor #programs #major #program #tracks

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29, 2020 106 views

Do you avoid badly rated professors?

I recently started researching professors in upcoming classes on websites like ratemyprofessor before committing to a class. Have you ever attempted to take a badly rated professor's class anyway because that was the only class that worked for you? If so how did it work out? Was it not as bad...

#college #professor

Ahna F.’s Avatar
Ahna F. Nov 14, 2019 144 views
Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 05, 2019 269 views

Do rigorous classes prepare you for the ACT, or will I need a prep class?

Do Honors/AP/College classes prepare you enough for the ACT, or will I need a prep class? I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fit an ACT Prep class into my schedule. Thanks! #college #student #nurse #nursing #classes #university #act #ap #rigorous #science #technology #engineering #math...

#physics #tech #english #professor #biology #reading #medicine #essay #test #any #career #chemistry #doctor #stem #registered-nurses

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 223 views

what type of benefits othe than those from the ollege come with being a foreign language professor

is the career of being a foreign languages professor interesting other than the languages being ta #foreign-languages #professor...

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 295 views

have you had the chance to teach foreign languages in other countries?

wonder for the possibility of travel while being a future professor in foreign languages #foreign-languages #professor...

#travel

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 282 views

what college did you go to for foreign languages teaching

for the wondering on which #foreign-languages #teaching #professor which college would be best to enroll for the sake of advancement to become a foreign languages...

Katherine S.’s Avatar
Katherine S. Oct 25, 2018 363 views

What is college like?

Is it fun, hard, stressful? Do you learn things that are important? Does it help your future? Are the professors fair and understanding? Is living on campus fun? Is joining a club or organization fun? #college #college-advice...

#professor

Cierra M.’s Avatar
Cierra M. Oct 15, 2018 194 views

What is an easy way out find out if a college professor isn't good at their job before taking their class?

In the past, I have had poor experiences with signing up for professors that have no passion or little expertise in the topic that they choose. It feels like a gamble, honestly. I am aware of sites that have student reviews on professors, but only two of mine in my entire college are on any of...

#college #education #professor

Muhammad K.’s Avatar
Muhammad K. Aug 30, 2018 239 views

How many interns and students can over watch a doctor?

In my mind, I would suppose that a group of 10 or more people would follow around doctors to learn new and innovative things. #doctor #professor...

#medicine

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Aug 29, 2018 314 views

When becoming a college professor, is it more beneficial to start at a 4-year or transfer from a 2-year?

I want to know if it would be better for me to go to a 4-year college right off the bat when wanting to become a professor so I can familiarize myself when professors there who can help me. Or transfer from a community/2-year college to a 4-year. (based around finances) #college-professor...

#higher-education #professor #community-college #professors