Career Questions tagged Professor

Typically an educator at college institutions, a professor possesses a Masters or Doctorate degree in their field of expertise. For more information, please read below.

John M.’s Avatar
John M. 2 days ago 27 views

Following Up With Sample of Relevant Academic Work

Hello, I have drafted an e-mail to send my psychology professor but I am nervous to send it. The professor researches a topic that is significant to me, and what I hope to research in my career. I have good rapport with this professor, and we speak with each other on a first name basis as per...

professor psychology email university research

Teriyana M.’s Avatar
Teriyana M. Nov 29 21 views

If I get accepted into NYU, what are some housing resources that I can utilize?

Does anyone have any advice about East Coast housing resources? I would like to apply for NYU, and if accepted, they have a long dorm wait list. Is there any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend for semi-affordable ways for student to live off campus? Also, I would...

professor college-bound college newyork newyorkcity nyu housing college-admissions ivyleague dorms college-advice

Summer R.’s Avatar
Summer R. Sep 29 163 views

Should professors be distinguished in their field before being offered a position?

Should offers for professorship be based on success in the field they teach in, or based on education/knowledge alone? Does experience factor into a professor's educational worth? education college professor teaching...

philosophy

Gvonta H.’s Avatar
Gvonta H. Nov 13, 2020 407 views

What all do I have to do to become a successful engineer in the near future?

I want to learn what will be the best route for me to become a engineer computer expert software...

professor

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 162 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. student graduate professor...

psychology clinicalpsychology

Sabreet D.’s Avatar
Sabreet D. Oct 14, 2020 185 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? student psychology application clinicalpsychology graduateschool professor students...

graduate

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Oct 05, 2020 201 views

Can a clinical psychologist also be a psychology professor (at the same time)?

psychology professors professor phd Edit:- I thought it would be useful if I mentioned the country too (in which I would like to practice/teach). I think, most likely, the...

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Sep 17, 2020 779 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

professor college python3 it coding general classes school technology major career informationtechnology programming python scripting

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Jul 18, 2020 235 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? psychology graduateschool college...

program professor tracks mentor colleges programs july20 major ms degree student

Gwen T.’s Avatar
Gwen T. Feb 29, 2020 196 views

Do you avoid badly rated professors?

I recently started researching professors in upcoming classes on websites like ratemyprofessor before committing to a class. Have you ever attempted to take a badly rated professor's class anyway because that was the only class that worked for you? If so how did it work out? Was it not as bad...

professor college

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 05, 2019 379 views

Do rigorous classes prepare you for the ACT, or will I need a prep class?

Do Honors/AP/College classes prepare you enough for the ACT, or will I need a prep class? I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fit an ACT Prep class into my schedule. Thanks! college student nurse nursing classes university act ap rigorous science technology engineering math...

professor chemistry test stem registered-nurses physics medicine biology any essay reading tech career doctor english

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 348 views

what type of benefits othe than those from the ollege come with being a foreign language professor

is the career of being a foreign languages professor interesting other than the languages being ta foreign-languages professor...

Alejandro B.’s Avatar
Alejandro B. Nov 15, 2018 406 views

have you had the chance to teach foreign languages in other countries?

wonder for the possibility of travel while being a future professor in foreign languages foreign-languages professor...

travel