Career Questions tagged Professor

Typically an educator at college institutions, a professor possesses a Masters or Doctorate degree in their field of expertise. For more information, please read below.

Anita’s Avatar
Anita Apr 28 212 views

Does anyone know about Uconn and whether or not the have a BS/MD program?

I've done so much research, but I just can't seem to find a concise answer.

Jiajun’s Avatar
Jiajun Apr 03 129 views

How do I find a good professor?

College question

ahmed’s Avatar
ahmed Jan 19 205 views

what is the best college to study business in turkey ?

specially in istanbul .
has a strong certificate so i can work anywhere .
with low fees .
#business #college #college-major #professor #istanbul#studyinturkey#businessdegrees#help#college-recommendations #entrepreneur

John’s Avatar
John Dec 01, 2021 249 views

Following Up With Sample of Relevant Academic Work

Hello, I have drafted an e-mail to send my psychology professor but I am nervous to send it. The professor researches a topic that is significant to me, and what I hope to research in my career. I have good rapport with this professor, and we speak with each other on a first name basis as per...

Ramiro’s Avatar
Ramiro Nov 30, 2021 268 views

is it okay to join a college without declaring a major or is it better to choose one even though you are not 100% sure about it

#college-major #college #career #professor #major

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 224 views

If I get accepted into NYU, what are some housing resources that I can utilize?

Does anyone have any advice about East Coast housing resources? I would like to apply for NYU, and if accepted, they have a long dorm wait list. Is there any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend for semi-affordable ways for student to live off campus? Also, I would...

Bruce’s Avatar
Bruce Nov 06, 2021 234 views

What colleges should I be looking into if I want to pursue an education in Computer Science?

I need to know since I do not want to end up taking a college that does not even teach CS. #college #computer-science #computer #education #professor

Summer’s Avatar
Summer Sep 29, 2021 319 views

Should professors be distinguished in their field before being offered a position?

Should offers for professorship be based on success in the field they teach in, or based on education/knowledge alone? Does experience factor into a professor's educational worth? #education #college #professor #teaching #philosophy

Karan’s Avatar
Karan Aug 18, 2021 359 views

my question is about what college should i go to

#college #college-bound #professor

Aidan’s Avatar
Aidan Aug 03, 2021 238 views

What steps can I take to expand my knowledge on Biotechnology

#college-major #professor #computer

Briana’s Avatar
Briana Jun 03, 2021 167 views

How many Professors will be in a classroom full of students in college ?

#professor #professors

Juliana’s Avatar
Juliana Dec 05, 2020 303 views

If I work as a Chemistry professor at a college will I be able to teach General Chemistry only or will I have to be able to teach Organic Chemistry as well?

#teaching #professor #teach #chemistry

Gvonta’s Avatar
Gvonta Nov 13, 2020 504 views

What all do I have to do to become a successful engineer in the near future?

I want to learn what will be the best route for me to become a engineer #computer #expert #software #professor

Sabreet’s Avatar
Sabreet Oct 14, 2020 263 views

When professors are writing a letter of recommendation, do they recycle the same letter for the multiple graduate programs you are having them send a letter to?

I am in the process of requesting my professors for a letter of recommendation for the Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs I am applying to. I am curious if professors send the same letter to all graduate programs you are requesting them to send a letter to. #student #graduate #professor...

Sabreet’s Avatar
Sabreet Oct 14, 2020 307 views

How many letters of recommendation is too many to ask for from professors?

I am currently applying to Clinical Psychology Ph.D. programs, and I wanted to know how many letters of recommendation are too many to ask for from professors? #student #psychology #application #clinicalpsychology #graduateschool #professor #students #graduate

Samyukta’s Avatar
Samyukta Oct 05, 2020 354 views

Can a clinical psychologist also be a psychology professor (at the same time)?

#psychology #professors #professor #phd

Edit:- I thought it would be useful if I mentioned the country too (in which I would like to practice/teach). I think, most likely, the US.

Nancy’s Avatar
Nancy Sep 17, 2020 1110 views

Why programming with python 3 so hard?

I'm finally taking a scripting class, and I realize programming is not for me. it's funny how I was passionate to learn about it, now I realize that it is really hard. I really want to understand it, but using the required website for my class called "ZyBooks", It's not helping me...

Brittany’s Avatar
Brittany Jul 18, 2020 349 views

How do I choose a psychology graduate track?

I'm a rising college junior majoring in psychology and minoring in criminal justice. When I was researching graduate schools, I found there are many tracks in the psychology graduate programs that I'm interested in. How do I narrow down a single track? #psychology #graduateschool #college...

Cassandra’s Avatar
Cassandra May 19, 2020 571 views

How and when is it appropriate to ask a professor to be a reference for you?

#college # #university #pro #professor #coll #college-advice

KAREN’s Avatar
KAREN Mar 21, 2020 489 views

Should I pursue postgraduate studies?

#graduate-school #teaching #professor #college

Olivia’s Avatar
Olivia Mar 06, 2020 429 views

What should I ask/say to a professor to form a relationship with them if I don't have any questions about class topics?

#professor #networking #university #college

Gwen’s Avatar
Gwen Feb 29, 2020 288 views

Do you avoid badly rated professors?

I recently started researching professors in upcoming classes on websites like ratemyprofessor before committing to a class. Have you ever attempted to take a badly rated professor's class anyway because that was the only class that worked for you? If so how did it work out? Was it not as bad...

Ahna’s Avatar
Ahna Nov 14, 2019 362 views

What steps can I take to become and art professor?

#professor #art #major #artist #college

kyle’s Avatar
kyle Sep 25, 2019 551 views

Hows the teacher environment?

#educator #professor #teaching #education #teacher

Dulce’s Avatar
Dulce Sep 06, 2019 291 views

What is your teaching philosophy?

#teacher #elementary-education #professor

Dulce’s Avatar
Dulce Sep 06, 2019 387 views

How did you realize that you wanted to be a teacher?

#teacher #teaching #professor

Joanna’s Avatar
Joanna Aug 23, 2019 403 views

What percent I need to speak English professionally?

#english #education #psychology #professor

Tanekqa’s Avatar
Tanekqa Jul 18, 2019 369 views

I want to be a correctional officer what are some career advancements for that job?

#police #any #law-enforcement #professor #government

Christian’s Avatar
Christian May 05, 2019 474 views

Do rigorous classes prepare you for the ACT, or will I need a prep class?

Do Honors/AP/College classes prepare you enough for the ACT, or will I need a prep class? I'm trying to figure out if I should try to fit an ACT Prep class into my schedule. Thanks! #college #student #nurse #nursing #classes #university #act #ap #rigorous #science #technology #engineering #math...

Brian’s Avatar
Brian Jan 14, 2019 397 views

After studying engineering, where can I apply for a job?

#engineering #professor