Career Questions tagged Genetic Counseling

Michelle’s Avatar
Michelle Sep 02 104 views

Letters of Recommendation

I have just started my grad school application for Genetic Counseling but am not very confident regarding the 3 letters of recommendation I need to gather. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and my own social anxiety, I have had a hard time making any connections with professors. Classes have around...

Karen’s Avatar
Karen Jul 18 173 views

How to choose which school to apply to?

I would love some advice on program selection and enhancing a resume

Isabella’s Avatar
Isabella Apr 05 176 views

What is the best way to gain experience in the field of genetic counseling?

It seems that shadowing and volunteer opportunities are few and far between.

Rachel’s Avatar
Rachel Dec 03, 2019 563 views

Career advice for directionless psychology graduate

I recently graduated with a bachelor's degree in #psychology and I am looking for a #career-path that will be fulfilling, suit my interests, and not require more than a #master's degree. I'm an introvert, but I am interested in helping/understanding others. I enjoy puzzles, learning,...

Hailey’s Avatar
Hailey Nov 13, 2019 646 views

What is the most rewarding part of being a genetic counselor?

#psychology #counseling #genetic-counseling #genetics

Hailey’s Avatar
Hailey Nov 13, 2019 408 views

What is the most difficult part of being a genetic counselor?

#psychology #counseling #clinical-psychology #genetics #genetic-counseling

Jada’s Avatar
Jada Jan 17, 2018 569 views

Are there any outlets for socialization or working with people in the fields of genetics/biomedical science?

I'm in love with biomedical engineering and genetics/genomics, but I also tend to be a social butterfly. I'm concerned that the constant lab work and studies will keep me from interacting with people and forming stable workplace relationships. My parents have suggested the profession of genetic...

Caroline’s Avatar
Caroline Feb 03, 2017 719 views

When deciding upon the Genetic Counselor career were you more interested in the research and application of knowledge or the counseling aspect?

I am a high school senior who has researched Genetic Counseling as a potential career interest. One question that seems to never be answered is if the Genetic Counselor's were more intrigued with the research aspect of the job or with dealing with the patients. This is important for me because...

Cleone’s Avatar
Cleone Apr 12, 2016 1910 views

How can I increase my chances on getting into a Genetic Counselor training program in college?

I'm High School Junior student from Rhode Island. My life career is to become a genetic counselor. I know that getting into a Genetic Counselor training program is pretty competitive, but I want information on how can I increase my chances. It would be exceptional if I can find free pre-college...