Career Questions tagged Counseling

Stephanie S.’s Avatar
Stephanie S. Sep 28 49 views

What is the most challenging part of being a psychologist?

I am interested in becoming a counseling psychologist, and I would love to be prepared of what I'm expecting in the future! clinical-psychology psychology...

counseling

Eshmeet K.’s Avatar
Eshmeet K. Aug 05 138 views

career in psychology?

I'm doing BA in Psychology and want to pursue further studies in this field. I want proper guidance about the steps to become a counselor and a clinical psychologist. psychology clinical-psychology counseling child-psychology relationshipexpert...

psychologist

Mrunal U.’s Avatar
Mrunal U. Jul 19 169 views

Will there be any jobs available for me if don't complete my doctorate in psychology and only masters?

I personally want to complete my master's in psychology and not doctorate....but I'm not quite sure if there is a scope for the job if I do. Also, I'm a bit concerned about the pay too! Would really appreciate your help on this. psychology...

counseling

Tamia B.’s Avatar
Tamia B. Jun 19 156 views

What steps should I take to become a marriage and family therapist?

I am a psychology major and I love poetry. Through poetry I was able to find love for this science. psychology counseling therapy...

career

Sierra S.’s Avatar
Sierra S. Jun 14 157 views

What is a good way to begin gathering experience in clinical psychology?

I am approaching my senior year of college and have little to no experience in psychology work (outside of classes) . Although I am eager I am not confident in my ability to find and land jobs in the field. career counseling...

clinical-psychology

Jileddys B.’s Avatar
Jileddys B. Feb 26 231 views

what are the negative and positives of social worker ?

i would like to work with children, i'm just not sure if this is the career path i want to go to without all the information i need to know career-paths career-path social-work counseling education children child...

baby

Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 179 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

counseling public-health education health human-biology sexual-health

Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Sep 11, 2020 184 views

What is it like working as a Corrections Treatment Specialist?

Additional Questions: -what is the difference in Corrections Treatment Specialist and Corrections Counselor? -How was getting your masters in CJ ? Workload, social life(did you have one) can you work during it? exams, papers, etc. corrections corrections-treatment counseling...

criminal-justice

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Sep 05, 2020 382 views

How do I become a school counselor in NY ?

I will complete my masters in Trauma counseling this year and I my goal is to become a school counselor in NY. What are the requirements and the certification do I need for this ? counselor school-counselor therapists guidance-counselor...

counseling

Chloe M.’s Avatar
Chloe M. Aug 26, 2020 305 views

how can I get experience in the counseling/psychology field before I am in college?

I am a current high school senior who wants to go on to become a licensed counselor/theripist. I am currently job-searching and thought it would be amazing to get some pre-undergrad experience! psychology counseling...

experience