Career Questions tagged Counseling

Jileddys B.’s Avatar
Jileddys B. Feb 26 82 views

what are the negative and positives of social worker ?

i would like to work with children, i'm just not sure if this is the career path i want to go to without all the information i need to know #career-paths #career-path #social-work #counseling #education #children #child...

#baby

Marcus A.’s Avatar
Marcus A. Nov 03, 2020 68 views
Marcus A.’s Avatar
Marcus A. Nov 03, 2020 92 views
Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 113 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

#education #health #public-health #counseling #sexual-health #human-biology

Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Sep 11, 2020 111 views

What is it like working as a Corrections Treatment Specialist?

Additional Questions: -what is the difference in Corrections Treatment Specialist and Corrections Counselor? -How was getting your masters in CJ ? Workload, social life(did you have one) can you work during it? exams, papers, etc. #corrections #corrections-treatment #counseling...

#criminal-justice

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Sep 05, 2020 222 views

How do I become a school counselor in NY ?

I will complete my masters in Trauma counseling this year and I my goal is to become a school counselor in NY. What are the requirements and the certification do I need for this ? #counselor #school-counselor #therapists #guidance-counselor...

#counseling

Chloe M.’s Avatar
Chloe M. Aug 26, 2020 205 views

how can I get experience in the counseling/psychology field before I am in college?

I am a current high school senior who wants to go on to become a licensed counselor/theripist. I am currently job-searching and thought it would be amazing to get some pre-undergrad experience! #psychology #counseling...

#experience

Alex S.’s Avatar
Alex S. Aug 22, 2020 188 views

Recommendations for making the most of gap year(s) before grad school?

I plan on obtaining my master's in counseling within the next few years, but I'd like to take a gap between undergrad and grad. What advice do you have for making the most of these gap years? I'd love to use this time to gain relevant experience, but it seems like entry-level positions that are...

#gap-year #graduate-school #counseling

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27, 2020 2642 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Alex K.’s Avatar
Alex K. May 27, 2020 209 views

How exactly does one go about becoming a registered Clinical Psychologist? What can you do from there?

Hi, I adore psychology and I someday aim to become a clinical psychologist. However I’m not sure what to do to get there; what high school and university / college courses to take, which countries would have the best opportunities, etc. My 3 main goals are to volunteer in the UN, work in a...

#clinical-psychology #college #psychology #counseling #career

mya T.’s Avatar
mya T. May 20, 2020 133 views
Randall C.’s Avatar
Randall C. Mar 24, 2020 167 views

How much does a Counselor make??

I have a B.A. #counseling in Biblical...

Rob A.’s Avatar
Rob A. Feb 28, 2020 258 views

School counselors

As a school counselor do you create the master schedule? #counselor #scheduling #teaching #teacher #school...

#counseling