Career Questions tagged Counseling

Marcus A.’s Avatar
Marcus A. Nov 03, 2020 60 views
Marcus A.’s Avatar
Marcus A. Nov 03, 2020 50 views
Marcus A.’s Avatar
Marcus A. Nov 03, 2020 69 views
emily D.’s Avatar
emily D. Oct 23, 2020 63 views
Meredith G.’s Avatar
Meredith G. Oct 22, 2020 80 views

How can I make sexual health education into a career?

I'm a current senior in college, and I'm going to graduate in the spring with a major in Human Biology and a concentration in human reproduction and sexuality. I know plenty of people who educate others on sexual health, but that is just a small part of their job. I want my job to be...

#public-health #counseling #health #education #sexual-health #human-biology

Gabby H.’s Avatar
Gabby H. Sep 11, 2020 81 views

What is it like working as a Corrections Treatment Specialist?

Additional Questions: -what is the difference in Corrections Treatment Specialist and Corrections Counselor? -How was getting your masters in CJ ? Workload, social life(did you have one) can you work during it? exams, papers, etc. #corrections #corrections-treatment #counseling...

#criminal-justice

Unal D.’s Avatar
Unal D. Sep 05, 2020 138 views

How do I become a school counselor in NY ?

I will complete my masters in Trauma counseling this year and I my goal is to become a school counselor in NY. What are the requirements and the certification do I need for this ? #counselor #school-counselor #therapists #guidance-counselor...

#counseling

Chloe M.’s Avatar
Chloe M. Aug 26, 2020 143 views

how can I get experience in the counseling/psychology field before I am in college?

I am a current high school senior who wants to go on to become a licensed counselor/theripist. I am currently job-searching and thought it would be amazing to get some pre-undergrad experience! #psychology #counseling...

#experience

Alex S.’s Avatar
Alex S. Aug 22, 2020 160 views

Recommendations for making the most of gap year(s) before grad school?

I plan on obtaining my master's in counseling within the next few years, but I'd like to take a gap between undergrad and grad. What advice do you have for making the most of these gap years? I'd love to use this time to gain relevant experience, but it seems like entry-level positions that are...

#graduate-school #counseling #gap-year

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 27, 2020 574 views

What's the exact difference between a Psychologist, a Psychiatrist and a Neurologist?

I know the gist of the differences between a Psychiatrist and a Psychologist...but it would really help to know the exact differences {including average salary differences} between these three branches. #psychiatry #psychology #counseling #neuroscience #medical #doctor...

#medicine

Alex K.’s Avatar
Alex K. May 27, 2020 174 views

How exactly does one go about becoming a registered Clinical Psychologist? What can you do from there?

Hi, I adore psychology and I someday aim to become a clinical psychologist. However I’m not sure what to do to get there; what high school and university / college courses to take, which countries would have the best opportunities, etc. My 3 main goals are to volunteer in the UN, work in a...

#counseling #clinical-psychology #college #psychology #career

mya T.’s Avatar
mya T. May 20, 2020 113 views
Randall C.’s Avatar
Randall C. Mar 24, 2020 149 views

How much does a Counselor make??

I have a B.A. #counseling in Biblical...

Rob A.’s Avatar
Rob A. Feb 28, 2020 194 views

School counselors

As a school counselor do you create the master schedule? #counselor #scheduling #teaching #teacher #school...

#counseling

Micaiah M.’s Avatar
Micaiah M. Feb 24, 2020 190 views

Do you feel content with your work?

I know everyone has their ups and downs, but in general, can it get depressing? Does working with people fascinate you enough to enjoy working? #clinical-psychology #counseling #psychology...

#human-resources

Angela M.’s Avatar
Angela M. Jan 26, 2020 132 views

Is it possible to receive an MFT after a non psychology major?

I am currently at a community college and will be transferring soon. I started with psychology and just recently changed my major to Human Behavior and Social Justice, but do have in mind a masters in family therapy. #counseling #humanbehavior...

#career