Career Questions tagged Prosthetics

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02 129 views

What is a good education pathway for a career in neuroprosthetics?

I am currently a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the neuroengineering industry. Specifically, I want to work developing neuroprosthetics. For anyone working in the field, do you have any advice for getting a foot...

#college #bioengineering #neuralprosthetics #career-development #internships #career #neuroengineering #biotech #neurorobots #career-counseling #biomedicalengineering #engineering #neuroprosthetics #neuroscience #neuroelectronics #prosthetics

Abigail O.’s Avatar
Abigail O. Apr 02 127 views

Is outsourcing a problem in the biomedical engineering / neuroengineering field?

I am a student planning to major in Electrical Engineering with a minor in Neuroscience in hopes of being competitive in the field of neuroengineering. Specifically, I would like to work on the development of neuroprosthetics. I know that outsourcing is a bit of a problem in other engineering...

Lauren B.’s Avatar
Lauren B. Aug 01, 2018 324 views

Are there any schools that have a merge program from occupational therapy to prosthetic?

Are there any schools that have a merge program from occupational therapy to prosthetic or undergraduate to a master program in prosthetic. #programs #schools #therapy #occupational-therapy...

#prosthetics

Vanessa O.’s Avatar
Vanessa O. Apr 16, 2018 357 views

In working toward the field of prothetics do I need a master degree before a docorate

To understand how much schooling I will need and how I should prepare for applying to graduate school. #graduate-school #masters #doctorate #prosthetics #healthcare #biomedical-engineering...

#engineer

Emily D.’s Avatar
Emily D. May 15, 2016 577 views

If I wanted to become a prosthetist, what should I major in for under grad?

I've considered becoming a prosthetist, but that is only offered at the Master's level. What type of undergrad major should I be looking to get to go on for grad school for prosthetics? #health #prosthetics #veterans #orthotics #hospital #medicine #college...

#hospital-and-health-care

Tyler  B.’s Avatar
Tyler B. Oct 27, 2016 454 views

Recommendations on colleges for prosthetics and hands on learning

I am highly involved with prosthetics as a senior but I do not have the strongest grades from my freshman and sophomore years, which are restricting me the top schools for biomedical engineering like Penn and Tufts. What Should I do? #college #biomedical-engineering...

#prosthetics

Tyler  B.’s Avatar
Tyler B. Oct 27, 2016 842 views

What are the different paths I can pursue for prosthetics

I am certain I will be pursuing prosthetics throughout college but I am not sure the differentiation in paths #engineering #biomedical-engineering...

#prosthetics

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 27, 2016 513 views

What is a career in biomedical engineering like?

I've been very interested in biochemical engineering for a long time. I am interested in building and/or improving prosthetics. One of my closest friends was born without the lower half on one of her legs. With a lot of hard work and support from friends and family, as well as a great...

#engineering #biotechnology #prosthetics #women-in-stem #biomedical-engineering