Career Questions tagged Mechanicalengineering

Jabria’s Avatar
Jabria May 30, 2021 206 views

I am currently a mechanical engineering major with a minor in biology. I am interested in possibley pursuing a MD. Does it make sense to pursue a post bac in biology or get a masters in biology to aid in preparation for the MCAT?

#medicine,#mechanicalengineering

Melvin’s Avatar
Melvin Nov 18, 2020 560 views

Is Quality Engineering a good stepping stone to understand/get into Design Engineering?

Hi there, I currently a mechanical engineering graduate student interested in the Medical Device industry. I saw a company that is a Quality Solutions Service Provider in the Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device industry, and I was curious if the experience gained as a Quality Engineer whether...

Melvin’s Avatar
Melvin Nov 12, 2018 574 views

How to Structure and Write a great Statement of Purpose for Graduate School?

Hi, I am a mechanical engineering senior interested in applying for grad school for next fall. I understand that schools want a statement of purpose/essay detailing why I want to apply for the program, my interests, my experience, etc. I'm interested in design and manufacturing engineering and...

Melvin’s Avatar
Melvin Oct 31, 2018 740 views

Are there any engineering/programming jobs that use Arduino?

As a rising mechanical engineering graduate with an interest in programming, I want to know if there's any jobs out there that seriously focus on Arduino, or any kind of mechanical engineering jobs that use any programming languages at all. Thanks! #engineer #engineering #programming #career...

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Aug 23, 2018 426 views

Thoughts on Mechanical Engineering

Hello. I plan on majoring in mechanical engineering and although it is a very strong and difficult major id like to ask for some feedback on anyone who has already been through that situation. Is it hard as people say and should I still work hard to become one or is it not worth the time and...

Melvin’s Avatar
Melvin Aug 18, 2018 802 views

New Methods and innovation in Manufacturing?

Hey guys, As a mechanical engineering student, I'm interested in the manufacturing industry and want to know about any new innovations or methods in manufacturing? I know 3D printing is on the rise but I'm not sure of what other things to look out for. Thanks! #manufacturing...

Melvin’s Avatar
Melvin Aug 18, 2018 497 views

Good Manufacturing Engineering Schools

Hey guys, I just wanted to know what graduate schools out there are good for manufacturing engineering? I'm a mechanical engineering student and right now I'm looking at Rutgers, NJIT, and Rowan University but I'm not sure what's good for manufacturing. Thanks! #manufacturing...

lakeya’s Avatar
lakeya Jul 09, 2018 1278 views

Is it better to sell your invention idea(s) to a company or raise money to patent it yourself?

I have a lot of invention ideas and I am not sure how to get help. There are a lot of website that say they help people who have invention ideas but I am afraid they will steal my ideas and I will not have any legal ownership of them. #help #innovation #Mechanical #MechanicalEngineering...