Career Questions tagged Legal

lakeya C.’s Avatar
lakeya C. Jul 09, 2018

Is it better to sell your invention idea(s) to a company or raise money to patent it yourself?

I have a lot of invention ideas and I am not sure how to get help. There are a lot of website that say they help people who have invention ideas but I am afraid they will steal my ideas and I will not have any legal ownership of them. #help #innovation #mechanical #mechanicalengineering...

#ownership #creative #technology #engineers #product #company #inventor #problem #money #customer #solving #architect #future #art #design #legal #tech #ideas #products #science #engineering #patent #industrialdesign

Regan O.’s Avatar
Regan O. Jan 16, 2018

Is being a lawyer fun or it is mostly like doing paperwork all the time?

My parents want me to become a lawyer, but I’m not sure. #undecided #lawyer #law #legal...

#legal-services

Princess S.’s Avatar
Princess S. Jan 23, 2018

Can I become a paralegal with a criminal justice degree? Is a paralegal a stressful job? Can I work independently or is it best to land a position with an attorney?

Becoming a paralegal is something that I have thought deeply about and considered on more than one occasion. As I near the end of my schooling, I am wondering if this position is a as stressful as being a legal secretary (a position I previously held and despised! ) and if I will need to obtain...

#paralegal #legal #criminal-justice

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018

What is the best approach for a paralegal student to secure an internship in a small law firm?

I am currently a student in the Middlesex Community College, Certificate in Paralegal Studies program and will need to secure an internship for myself in the coming semester. I am in need of guidance as to the best way to get an attorney to agree to allow me to perform paralegal duties and not...

#women-in-law #paralegal #legal #law

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018

What specific transferable skills will be beneficial for selling myself in an interview following completion of a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, but with no prior work experience in the field?

For an adult-learner with no prior work experience in the legal field, but completing a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, what specific life skills might I use as transferable skills both on my resume and during an interview? #paralegal #legal #law...

#women-in-law

vivekarjun K.’s Avatar
vivekarjun K. May 23, 2016

which would be the best job lawyer or lecturer?

i am a arts student and completed 12th #lawyers #principal #lecturer #legal #lawyer...

#teacher

jenifer A.’s Avatar
jenifer A. May 23, 2016
Gabi R.’s Avatar
Gabi R. May 21, 2016

Is the criminal justice field hard to get in to?

I was wondering because i would like to go into the criminal justice field as a forensic psychologist. #law #criminal-justice #forensics #fbi #criminal-law #college...

#legal

Kylee W.’s Avatar
Kylee W. May 18, 2016

Are there many job opportunities for criminal justice majors?

I want to know if I will have many job opportunities. #masters #criminal-justice #law...

#legal

Joaquin  P.’s Avatar
Joaquin P. May 18, 2016

What are some classes I should take in order to increase my knowledge in the law field?

I would like to know what classes I should take when becoming an attorney so that I know what skills I need to improve on. #classes #skills #knowledge #legal #law...

#lawyer

azra F.’s Avatar
azra F. May 16, 2016

How do I become a lawyer?

I want to become a lawyer and I am willing to work hard. #law #lawyer #legal #career #college #college-major #career...

#career-counseling

Fadumo M.’s Avatar
Fadumo M. May 05, 2016

How many hours does the average lawyer work?

i am asking this because i want to be an lawyer. i heard several amounts of hours from various people i know that are lawyers, and I wanted to hear from people on this site. #lawyer #law #legal...

#career

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017

How can I transition a previous career in the Legal field to my new degree and Homeland Security?

I believe I have a lot of skills that I believe can be transferrable, but I am not sure how to make the transition. #recruiting #legal #homeland-security #personal-development...

#career-details

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017

I am taking free courses that lead to certification with FEMA, will this be beneficial for government position?

I just received my Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and am now taking some online courses with FEMA and may start on some courses regarding statistics and the Design of Experiments. Would these be beneficial topics to get with to obtain a way into the government?...

#recruiting #criminology #legal #fema #homeland-security #human-resources #criminal-justice #government

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Feb 13, 2017

Do lawyers really just help the rich (people who can afford) ?

Interested in becoming a lawyer but have heard attorney's only help people who can afford them #law #lawyer #law-school #attorney #legal #law-practice #legal-studies...

#law-services

Lauren W.’s Avatar
Lauren W. Jan 27, 2017

How can you improve your Commercial Awareness?

I am a second year law undergraduate, currently applying for Vacation schemes and summer placements. Everyone talks about commercial awareness for interviews and applications to huge law firms, but its hard to properly grasp the concept. #law #legal #legal-studies #work-experience #commercial...

#llb #commercial-awareness #law-student

Grace L.’s Avatar
Grace L. Jul 22, 2016

I'm interested in Law but I don't want to be a lawyer. Which other options could I look into?

I am about to graduate with my undergrad in Political Science and Sociology and was considering law school but I am not interested in become a lawyer. Are there other careers I can do with a law degree and not practice law? #law #graduate-school #legal #legal-studies #legal-profession...

#legal-writing

Reshma R.’s Avatar
Reshma R. Jun 15, 2016

What about the study of born baby?

I like born babies Very much ..I like to rectify their problems ,, #doctor #legal #medicare #member-experience...

#vod

kiran K.’s Avatar
kiran K. May 23, 2016

what course should i take to do LLB in B.com

i writte my 2nd puc examination, waiting for the result #tech #soccer #teach #legal #unity3d #commercials #e-commerce...

#junit

Aye Marie C.’s Avatar
Aye Marie C. May 22, 2016

What is the best advice you can give an aspiring lawyer about to start college?

I'm not 100% sure I want to be a lawyer but I definitely want to have a career in the law field. Whether it be steps I should start taking now or attitudes to go into college with, what's some advice qualified people in law related careers or students about to graduate can give me? Thank you!...

#justice #law #college #advice #legal #lawyer #graduate

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. May 11, 2016

What are the risks and benefits of dedicating 8 years to law school?

I've always excelled proficiently in English, since I was born in Ukraine and gained a bilingual advantage, but I've fallen in love with all things government during the course of my Advanced Placement Government course this semester (my last in high school). I was looking for some advice on...

#justice #congress #law #legal #criminal-justice

Thrisha A.’s Avatar
Thrisha A. Apr 26, 2016

Other than completing degree if any thing gives us money later ? Which business can i prefer?

i can finish up my school life , but after that i like to do business, rather than continuing my studies ..then what of business can i prefer #doctor #pyschology #legal...

#typography

Aerionna S.’s Avatar
Aerionna S. Feb 09, 2015

What major would be most useful in college to obtain to become a lawyer?

I am 15 years old and I am a sophomore in high school. I want to be a lawyer when I get older. #law #lawyer #majors...

#legal

Fernando  P.’s Avatar
Fernando P. Jan 08, 2015

What classes should i consider taking if i am looking to take the bar exam in the future while i am working on my bachelor degree in Social Work?

I am asking because I am looking to obtain my bachelors in Social Work and then hopefully go to Law School. However; wanted to know any suggestions for courses, classes books that can help me prepare. #lawyer #professors #social-worker #legal...

#logic

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 29, 2011

What is the career path to a successful career in law?

I am really interested in becoming a lawyer, but I have heard that it is not easy. I'm wondering how someone can become successful in law. #law #lawyer #career-paths...

#legal

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Sep 27, 2011

What is the path to get from high school to becoming a Judge?

What are some of the paths to getting from beginning of high school to becoming a judge? I know there are many types of judges, so please specify what type you're referring to in your answer. What types of extracurriculars are useful? Thank you in advance! #career-paths #extracurriculars...

#legal