Career Questions tagged Legal

Joselyn R.’s Avatar
Joselyn R. Jan 16 342 views

What kind of law did you study/are you practicing, and why?

I am in my junior year of college and will be applying to law schools next year. I have no idea what law I want to do and I am concerned because I know I should at least narrow it down so that I can choose the law school that best matches me. law legal lawyer attorney law-school lawyers...

Emma R.’s Avatar
Emma R. Jul 30, 2020 469 views

Networking virtually?

What are some tips for networking with potential employers when everything is online? JULY20 law covid19 virtual legal...

july

Ethan C.’s Avatar
Ethan C. Jul 26, 2020 408 views

What careers does a law degree unlock?

Other than practice (solicitor or barrister or in-house) and consulting, what other career paths are commonly taken by law graduates? july20 law legal...

career

lakeya C.’s Avatar
lakeya C. Jul 09, 2018 941 views

Is it better to sell your invention idea(s) to a company or raise money to patent it yourself?

I have a lot of invention ideas and I am not sure how to get help. There are a lot of website that say they help people who have invention ideas but I am afraid they will steal my ideas and I will not have any legal ownership of them. help innovation Mechanical MechanicalEngineering...

money future customer inventor problem company creative art patent solving products architect science ideas industrialdesign design technology legal engineering tech ownership product

Regan O.’s Avatar
Regan O. Jan 16, 2018 7409 views
Princess S.’s Avatar
Princess S. Jan 23, 2018 696 views

Can I become a paralegal with a criminal justice degree? Is a paralegal a stressful job? Can I work independently or is it best to land a position with an attorney?

Becoming a paralegal is something that I have thought deeply about and considered on more than one occasion. As I near the end of my schooling, I am wondering if this position is a as stressful as being a legal secretary (a position I previously held and despised! ) and if I will need to obtain...

legal criminal-justice paralegal

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 435 views

What is the best approach for a paralegal student to secure an internship in a small law firm?

I am currently a student in the Middlesex Community College, Certificate in Paralegal Studies program and will need to secure an internship for myself in the coming semester. I am in need of guidance as to the best way to get an attorney to agree to allow me to perform paralegal duties and not...

legal law women-in-law paralegal

Rachel F.’s Avatar
Rachel F. Jan 13, 2018 380 views

What specific transferable skills will be beneficial for selling myself in an interview following completion of a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, but with no prior work experience in the field?

For an adult-learner with no prior work experience in the legal field, but completing a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, what specific life skills might I use as transferable skills both on my resume and during an interview? paralegal legal law...

women-in-law

vivekarjun K.’s Avatar
vivekarjun K. May 23, 2016 672 views

which would be the best job lawyer or lecturer?

i am a arts student and completed 12th lawyers principal lecturer legal lawyer...

teacher

Gabi R.’s Avatar
Gabi R. May 21, 2016 764 views

Is the criminal justice field hard to get in to?

I was wondering because i would like to go into the criminal justice field as a forensic psychologist. law criminal-justice forensics fbi criminal-law college...

legal

Kylee W.’s Avatar
Kylee W. May 18, 2016 657 views

Are there many job opportunities for criminal justice majors?

I want to know if I will have many job opportunities. masters criminal-justice law...

legal

Joaquin  P.’s Avatar
Joaquin P. May 18, 2016 725 views

What are some classes I should take in order to increase my knowledge in the law field?

I would like to know what classes I should take when becoming an attorney so that I know what skills I need to improve on. classes skills knowledge legal law...

lawyer

azra F.’s Avatar
azra F. May 16, 2016 720 views

How do I become a lawyer?

I want to become a lawyer and I am willing to work hard. law lawyer legal career college college-major career...

career-counseling

Fadumo M.’s Avatar
Fadumo M. May 05, 2016 2110 views

How many hours does the average lawyer work?

i am asking this because i want to be an lawyer. i heard several amounts of hours from various people i know that are lawyers, and I wanted to hear from people on this site. lawyer law legal...

career

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 03, 2017 688 views

How can I transition a previous career in the Legal field to my new degree and Homeland Security?

I believe I have a lot of skills that I believe can be transferrable, but I am not sure how to make the transition. recruiting legal homeland-security personal-development...

career-details

Melissa A.’s Avatar
Melissa A. Mar 31, 2017 646 views

I am taking free courses that lead to certification with FEMA, will this be beneficial for government position?

I just received my Master's in Criminal Justice in Homeland Security and am now taking some online courses with FEMA and may start on some courses regarding statistics and the Design of Experiments. Would these be beneficial topics to get with to obtain a way into the government?...

human-resources fema government homeland-security criminal-justice criminology legal recruiting

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Feb 13, 2017 2419 views

Do lawyers really just help the rich (people who can afford) ?

Interested in becoming a lawyer but have heard attorney's only help people who can afford them law lawyer law-school attorney legal law-practice legal-studies...

law-services

Lauren W.’s Avatar
Lauren W. Jan 27, 2017 579 views

How can you improve your Commercial Awareness?

I am a second year law undergraduate, currently applying for Vacation schemes and summer placements. Everyone talks about commercial awareness for interviews and applications to huge law firms, but its hard to properly grasp the concept. law legal legal-studies work-experience commercial...

commercial-awareness llb law-student

Grace L.’s Avatar
Grace L. Jul 22, 2016 2121 views

I'm interested in Law but I don't want to be a lawyer. Which other options could I look into?

I am about to graduate with my undergrad in Political Science and Sociology and was considering law school but I am not interested in become a lawyer. Are there other careers I can do with a law degree and not practice law? law graduate-school legal legal-studies legal-profession...

legal-writing

Reshma R.’s Avatar
Reshma R. Jun 15, 2016 632 views

What about the study of born baby?

I like born babies Very much ..I like to rectify their problems ,, doctor legal medicare member-experience...

vod

kiran K.’s Avatar
kiran K. May 23, 2016 869 views
Aye Marie C.’s Avatar
Aye Marie C. May 22, 2016 1481 views

What is the best advice you can give an aspiring lawyer about to start college?

I'm not 100% sure I want to be a lawyer but I definitely want to have a career in the law field. Whether it be steps I should start taking now or attitudes to go into college with, what's some advice qualified people in law related careers or students about to graduate can give me? Thank you!...

law college legal advice justice graduate lawyer

Kristina G.’s Avatar
Kristina G. May 11, 2016 776 views

What are the risks and benefits of dedicating 8 years to law school?

I've always excelled proficiently in English, since I was born in Ukraine and gained a bilingual advantage, but I've fallen in love with all things government during the course of my Advanced Placement Government course this semester (my last in high school). I was looking for some advice on...

law legal justice congress criminal-justice

Thrisha A.’s Avatar
Thrisha A. Apr 26, 2016 679 views

Other than completing degree if any thing gives us money later ? Which business can i prefer?

i can finish up my school life , but after that i like to do business, rather than continuing my studies ..then what of business can i prefer doctor pyschology legal...

typography

Aerionna S.’s Avatar
Aerionna S. Feb 09, 2015 1317 views

What major would be most useful in college to obtain to become a lawyer?

I am 15 years old and I am a sophomore in high school. I want to be a lawyer when I get older. law lawyer majors...

legal

Fernando  P.’s Avatar
Fernando P. Jan 08, 2015 1066 views

What classes should i consider taking if i am looking to take the bar exam in the future while i am working on my bachelor degree in Social Work?

I am asking because I am looking to obtain my bachelors in Social Work and then hopefully go to Law School. However; wanted to know any suggestions for courses, classes books that can help me prepare. lawyer professors social-worker legal...

logic

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Dec 29, 2011 3800 views

What is the career path to a successful career in law?

I am really interested in becoming a lawyer, but I have heard that it is not easy. I'm wondering how someone can become successful in law. law lawyer career-paths...

legal

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Sep 27, 2011 1878 views

What is the path to get from high school to becoming a Judge?

What are some of the paths to getting from beginning of high school to becoming a judge? I know there are many types of judges, so please specify what type you're referring to in your answer. What types of extracurriculars are useful? Thank you in advance! career-paths extracurriculars...

legal