Career Questions tagged Tech

Tech involves the process of combining sciences to create a useful tool at a cost-effective price. Popular careers include web developer, mobile application developer, and data scientist. For more information,...

Kang L.’s Avatar
Kang L. Jun 21 82 views

As an incoming college freshman planning to work in tech industry, what should I do over the next few years to prepare?

Ex: types of skills to learn, types of internships to get, people to reach out and connect

Anel E.’s Avatar
Anel E. Jun 12 67 views

How to choose right company to job shadow

I want to use my Gap year to volunteer/job shadow at a tech business before going to college. How do I know I chose the right one to shadow.

Alessia L.’s Avatar
Alessia L. Jun 09 54 views

legal hacking

whats the best and worst part about being a legal hacker?

Corvon K.’s Avatar
Corvon K. May 31 75 views

How did you go about begin a technology

Im very intersting in technology i would like to know more about it

Nana Ama G.’s Avatar
Nana Ama G. May 30 79 views

Is there a point where medicine and coding meet?

What jobs combine medicine and computer-science?

Leviticus W.’s Avatar
Leviticus W. May 26 117 views

One career goal of mine is to work for a famous tech company like apple or samsung.

I think I could reach this goal within the next few years.

Leviticus W.’s Avatar
Leviticus W. May 26 102 views

One career goal of mine is to run my own tech repair shop.

I think i could achieve this goal within the next few years.

Jasmine S.’s Avatar
Jasmine S. May 21 119 views

How to get Shadowing Opportunities in Tech?

As a black woman, the job search is already difficult but I’m trying to get internships and not landing any due to inexperience. Any advice on getting the skills needed to land tech roles?

timothy S.’s Avatar
timothy S. May 10 75 views

1. If my strengths are problem solving and leadership and my hobbies are playing basketball and videos games, what types of careers or industries might best fit for me? 2. What other strengths or experiences might I need for the suggested careers?

I need some help finding out what to do after high school

Jervoris B.’s Avatar
Jervoris B. Apr 26 138 views

Is coding a hard focus area for a Computer Engineer?

Hi, I am a senior Computer Engineering major. I have no experience in the field and I would like to be able to get into the field without being completely lost.

Scarlett G.’s Avatar
Scarlett G. Apr 26 137 views

I'm looking at a career in the Army that involves coding/computer skills and I have a few questions.

a. How do cyber jobs interact with the military?
b. What are ways to stand out in cyber jobs?
c. Will cybersecurity be overinflated in the next 5 years because of how popular it is now?
d. What are little known ways to perfect your coding?
e. What are the biggest mistakes you can make when coding?

Melanie R.’s Avatar
Melanie R. Apr 11 287 views

As a woman have you ever felt discouraged going into a male dominated field?

As a woman wanting to go into a male dominated field I often find it scary thinking there won't be much women around me. Have you ever been discouraged from it? How did you deal with it?

Edwin Y.’s Avatar
Edwin Y. Apr 05 130 views

Is AP Physic really necessary for a job in the tech field?

Is AP physic important to take for a job inside the tech field?

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Apr 04 150 views

How can I have experience in the Project Management field?

I am going to be a project manager in the future and I'm currently working on my passion project. Should I make a project management proposal with documentation to display the efforts of the "passion project" I've done? If so, Can you suggest sites or resources on how to make a project proposal?

Kiley T.’s Avatar
Kiley T. Feb 07 226 views

What kind of classes should I take to become an Technology Engineer? How many hours do technology engineers work a week? What can be a good goal to go into the technology industry?

I love tech and like building things. I have many interests that involve technology and engineering. But I don't know that much about what technology engineers do and how much they have to be in school. #engineer #engineering #technology #tech #computer-engineer

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Jan 30 179 views

Which is better Management Information systems or Computer Information Systems?

I am pursuing IS but I realize there are two types. I am more likely to pursue MIS but still debating on the demand and circumstances of each course. #computer #tech #business # #information-technology #informationsystems

Shaina T.’s Avatar
Shaina T. Jan 27 120 views

Do you have tips for me in studying Information Systems?

I decided to go with Information Systems but what should I start first? Take a course about digital marketing? do coding python? What should be the first step in diving into IS? I want to be more on the business side rather than the tech side. #business #tech #informationsystems #IS #step

Jayden Z.’s Avatar
Jayden Z. Jan 24 209 views

What is the best way to apply and earn internships for the tech industry?

I have been doing my research and through that, I have learned tech internships in big and upcoming/ startup companies is a great way entry to the industry and gain experience. #internship #technology #tech

Michael C.’s Avatar
Michael C. Jan 13 444 views

What is it like to work as a Network Systems Administrator?

I'm already enrolled into Job Corps and am going to work on completing my programs in customer service, computer technician and network administrator advanced program while earning my COMPTIA A+ and CCNA certification within three years. I am an aspiring network systems administrator for a...

an P.’s Avatar
an P. Jan 05 325 views

Biologists, what does a typical work day look like for you?

I'm curious about this job because I'm interested in pursuing it after post secondary. Do you guys have to travel a lot? Work in unusual climates? See alot of insects?

#earthscience #stem #biology #science #education #tech #marine-biology #computer-science

humberto C.’s Avatar
humberto C. Dec 09, 2021 287 views

how much training does an electrician need?

high school graduate working towards a career #career #business #tech #Electrician #electricians

humberto C.’s Avatar
humberto C. Dec 09, 2021 203 views

what steps should i take on becoming an electrician?

im a high school graduate and working to get a career. #graduate-school #career #tech

Ashanti B.’s Avatar
Ashanti B. Nov 07, 2021 254 views

How did you decide which career to pursue when you have so many interests?

I’m a 25 year old woman that has too many interests to count. I’m currently a science major, but I constantly doubt if that’s what I want my degree in. I’m interested in pursuing vet school, law, and I’ll be starting a coding boot camp in December! #career-choice #forensic #veterinarian #law #tech

Ever M.’s Avatar
Ever M. Nov 07, 2021 244 views

what's a good route to take to in order to one day be able to work for a big tech company?

I am 18 y/o, im currently trying to figure out what I want to do for a living one day. Ive always been relatively good with tech and so I feel being some type of tech engineer is a good route for me to take. #technology #tech #engineering

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19, 2021 282 views

What are some drawback of being a computer programmer?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. #computer #programming #computer-programming #computer-software #computer-science...

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19, 2021 197 views

What are some option I may have for going to college for programming? What options do I have for degrees and different colleges I can go to?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. #college-major #major #computer-science #college #programming #coding #program...

Bryson H.’s Avatar
Bryson H. Oct 19, 2021 255 views

What advice would you give to someone considering being a programer?

I am a sophomore in high school, who is taking college courses for programming right now from a local college. I have been interested in coding since 8th grade and now I feel like that is what my future will be. #college #college-major #tech #technology # #computer #computer #computer-science...

alex C.’s Avatar
alex C. Oct 17, 2021 240 views

will i get help after i graduate on my career in computer tech

#computer-science #computer #technology #tech #engineering #computer-science #career

Stephanie M.’s Avatar
Stephanie M. Sep 18, 2021 306 views

Magnetic Resonance Imaging techs what are 3 things you wish you knew before choosing this career?

I am looking into this career path for my future. I would like to know a little bit more from an MRI tech perspective that's actually in the career filed. I am also wondering where to start? or whats good MRI school. #career #tech #healthcare #medical #MagneticResonanceImagingTech #science...

Elaine S.’s Avatar
Elaine S. Sep 14, 2021 258 views

What is the difference between software developer and software engineer?

I am really interested in working with technology in my future career(s). #engineer #engineering #technology #tech #computer-software # computer-science #software-engineer #software-developer