Career Questions tagged Volunteering

Elisa C.’s Avatar
Elisa C. Jan 24 82 views

BCBA Volunteer opportunities for after 5pm on weekdays and anytime weekends

I am a current adult student completing the required academic course work by the BACB; however, to fulfill the 1500 fieldwork hours, I need is a practicum site and a supervisor. I work during the day. That is why I am willing to volunteer after 5 p.m. during the week and anytime on the...

#bcba #volunteering #volunteer #texas #nonprofit

Andrew C.’s Avatar
Andrew C. May 02, 2018 149 views

How was your experience attending mission humanitaire program in Benin?

Me and my friends are planning to go on a mission humanitaire (http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org) program in Benin. If anyone has any experience with such mission humanitaire program. Please share your experience. #missionhumanitaire #missionhumanitaireafrique #voyagehumanitaire...

#volunteer #nonprofit #volunteering #humanitarian

Moiz A.’s Avatar
Moiz A. Aug 11, 2018 207 views

Upon graduating with a decent engineering degree and working just about enough to pay off the debt, how can one give back to the society?

My mother always emphasized on something - "always leave something better than how you found it". I would like to live up to her model. #engineering #volunteering #payback #mindfulness #satisfaction #technology #upliftment #careervillage.org...

#scholarship

Kiara S.’s Avatar
Kiara S. May 28, 2018 224 views

Summer Break what to do?

I'm not quite sure how to spend my summer break and want to get ahead. So what should I do? Read? Study? Online-courses? #summer #preparing #summer-internship #volunteering...

#summer-programs

Julisa C.’s Avatar
Julisa C. Mar 20, 2018 208 views

What are volunteering opportunities that I can apply to if I am under 16 for the time being?

So right now, I am involved in three programs that I recieve good hours in, but I want to do more hours, as well as having a variety of experience in other fields. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#volunteer

Ena W.’s Avatar
Ena W. Mar 20, 2017 348 views

How to find international affairs volunteering?

I don't want to go to abroad just like some international conference in local. #volunteering...

#international-affairs

Tyler E.’s Avatar
Tyler E. Mar 27, 2018 309 views

What is the best way to give back to you're community whether you make it to college or not?

I am asking this question because most people think you have to have a lot of money to help others out but there are plenty of way's to do so without having a penny. #community-outreach #volunteering...

#community-service

Emily T.’s Avatar
Emily T. Mar 15, 2018 237 views

How can I apply my love for volunteering to my college life in the future?

Volunteering has become a significant part of my life, and I can't imagine life without it. I do a lot of work with kids who have special needs and I want to figure out how to incorporate that into a college atmosphere. #volunteering...

#merceruniversity

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Feb 13, 2018 301 views

How can I volunteer with writing?

Hey guys, So I love to write, which is why I'm pursuing Professional Writing as my major. However, I also love to volunteer. Is there a way I can combine my two loves and volunteer to write? #volunteering #professional-writing #writing #editing #nonprofits...

#nonprofit-marketing

Leslie L.’s Avatar
Leslie L. Jan 31, 2018 307 views

What are some volunteer/internships in Dallas for high school students who want to study in the medical field?

I have realized that having medical school opportunities will help you stand out and benefit you in the long run. I have heard about the STARS program but I believe it is too late to apply for that program. #medicine #internships #volunteering...

#help

Teleola A.’s Avatar
Teleola A. Jan 26, 2018 335 views

Must your previous volunteer positions be relevant to job application?

Are employers interested in the type of volunteering you? By this I mean, do employers want people that have volunteered in activities that are directly relevant or related to the jobs they are applying for? (specifically jobs in business/management)Or can any volunteer experience help when...

#employer #job-skills #volunteering #business #job-applications

Joy Z.’s Avatar
Joy Z. Jan 25, 2018 385 views

How does volunteering help you get into college?

At what level would volunteer hours help you get into college? people did a lot of volunteer works, but I don't know how do that would help you get into college. what information do people get from the volunteer works? #college #volunteerhours #collegeadives #collegeadministration...

#extracurriculars #college-advice #volunteering #college-admissions

lilia W.’s Avatar
lilia W. Jan 23, 2018 394 views

What is the best way to approach someone for an internship

I have found a few companies that I would like to intern and possibly work at but they are not currently offering internships. I would like to approach them and see if they would be willing to let me intern or volunteer there. #interning...

#volunteering

Lundyn R.’s Avatar
Lundyn R. Jan 23, 2018 220 views

Internships or volunteer opportunities in criminal justice?

I am in high school and I want to have a career in criminal justice. I'm wondering what types of internships or volunteer opportunities I should get involved in now. #criminaljustice #internships...

#volunteering

Hannah S.’s Avatar
Hannah S. Jan 16, 2018 409 views

What is the best type of volunteer work that colleges look for?

Do colleges look for your volunteer hours? If so what kind do they value most? I have been apart of a math internship where I help Algebra 1 kids with their homework and I am apart of the National Honor Society. Would colleges look at that to consider my eligibility? #math #college...

#volunteer-leadership #volunteering

Emely L.’s Avatar
Emely L. Jan 03, 2018 355 views

I'm a caring and helpful female who has a desire for a career in a non profit company. What suggestions would you have for me to guide me in my schooling?

I'm asking this question because I want to help homeless people and volunteer for people that are in need. I want to help kids with cancer and help them find a way to smile. When I am older I want to make a difference for people that are in need. #volunteering #nonprofits...

#non-profit

inderjeet S.’s Avatar
inderjeet S. Dec 19, 2017 377 views

I completed a B.Sc. in nursing. How do I seek volunteer opportunities in a healthcare field?

The main purpose of writing this is to get experience in volunteering to make my resume strong #resume #career #healthcare...

#volunteering

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 331 views

What are some good ways for high school students to gain experience?

I did not have a lot of experience outside of school and volunteering when I started at university, and my brothers are both looking as they could be in the same boat as I was. I have given them a couple of suggestions from things that I learned, however, is there anything that anyone would...

#volunteering #high-school #experience #swimming #engineering #sports #game-design #coaching

William H.’s Avatar
William H. Nov 07, 2017 348 views

Is voyage humanitaire trip beneficial?

I came across this site http://www.mission-humanitaire-afrique.org/tourisme-solidaire-voyage-humanitaire/ for going on a volunteering trip. Is voyage trip really beneficial? #voyagehumanitaire #missionhumanitaire #volunteering #nonprofits #humanitarian...

#humanitarian-relief

Cindy L.’s Avatar
Cindy L. Oct 15, 2017 458 views

What can you do with you Psychology BA degree?

I know i'm not the only one feeling this way, but as I'm graduating soon (next year), I'm a bit nervous and I wonder what are the options out there for psychology major students? I don't want to jump into grad school right away since I haven't figured out which field I really want to invest...

#career-choice #technology #volunteering #life-coaching #undergraduate #career #graduate-school #career-path #working #psychology

Ruth G.’s Avatar
Ruth G. Sep 01, 2017 375 views

Where can I volunteer in Portland Oregon?

The reason for me asking is because I think it will help with my career choice and get a more understanding on helping people. #make-a-change #volunteering #volunteerism #career #career-counseling...

#career-choice

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Sep 10, 2017 408 views

What kind of job can you get with a social work major?

Will a major in social work give me the education to have an actual job in the non-profit sector, or will it give me the training to be a volunteer? What sort of job can I get with a Social Work major and how can I help people? #social-work...

#volunteering

Daleen C.’s Avatar
Daleen C. Sep 01, 2017 397 views

Is Social Work a Good Major??

I want to help people... I love helping people. However, with a major in social work and doing that full time, will I have enough of an income to pay off my college debt? Or would it be better to major in something else and then volunteer to help people? I would love to help people full time,...

#social-work #volunteering

Aleena C.’s Avatar
Aleena C. Sep 01, 2017 319 views

How can I become an activist in my community/school?

I want to be more engaged in my school and community but more specifically in my field of study. I am a poly sci major minoring in environmental studies and want to eventually work for a non-profit organization. I've tried applying online but living in San Francisco makes it difficult to make...

#politicalscience #volunteering #sanfrancisco #polysci #evironment #non-profit #sfsu

Risa M.’s Avatar
Risa M. May 19, 2016 521 views

How do I best prepare myself to not only be an effective, professional, and successful worker but leader?

I'm currently unsure of what exactly I want to do in the future, but I have a heart for at-risk, underrepresented, vulnerable populations, preferably somewhere out of the country. This, however, is a rather broad umbrella topic and I hope to find that career for me through various opportunities...

#leader #volunteering #volunteer #veterans #homeless #service #outdoor #undecided

Mounia M.’s Avatar
Mounia M. Mar 16, 2017 1106 views

What skills do I need to be a good mentor?

I'm curious about becoming a peer mentor to help me gain counseling skills and help me get into the non-profit. #volunteering #counseling #mentoring...

#personal-development