Career questions tagged veterinarian

A veterinarian is a doctor for animals. Some careers veterinarians may go into are opening up their business and caring for common house pets, working for farms to ensure food sources are healthy, and educating future veterinarians. For more information, pleas... Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Wren33 views

When and what should I study if I want to become a veterinarian?

I'm interested in working with animals and I think it would be nice to do stuff to help them. I'm starting high school next year, and I'd like to know if there are certain classes that I should take.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar

I’m thinking about applying to USC as either a pre-health biology major or a pre-health marine biology major. I want to attend vet school in the near future and wanted to know which one would be best to do or if I should major in something else that would set me up for success in vet school.

I also wanted to know what the job options would be if I didn’t get accepted into vet school if I did major in one of these. Note: this question was asked anonymously by a learner

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ian68 views

How responsible do i have to become a veterinarian?

Im in 8th gade and i want to be a veterinarian

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hannah254 views

What animal rescues/shelters will allow a 15year old child to volenteer?

I love animals of all kinds! They are my passion! I dream of being a vet tech or animal control officer. I’ve never been able to volunteer someplace but I really want to.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hannah362 views

I have a passion for exotic animals and for animal rescue. What Career options would be good for me?

I really want to work with animals but I struggle with and very much dislike biology and the science courses. I have high functioning autism and want to find a job that fits with who I am. I'm interested in working at a zoo or an animal rescue place, but I don't know what education I need to pursue.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Annabelle134 views

How much money do veterinarians make?

I have wanted to be a veterinarian my whole life, but I am also worried about money. So I am wondering how much money do veterinarians make in a year?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jack328 views

How would I go about becoming a veterinarian ?

I'm 16. I'll be graduating highschool in 2025 when I'm 17. I'd like to study veterinary science and eventually become a veterinarian. I don't know where to start though. What courses should I take? Were should I go to study? Should I settle for a vet tech? Should I pursue something else? I have no idea what I'm doing or who to talk to about what I should be doing to prepare.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Naomy334 views

How can I learn this? or where?

I would like to become a vegetarian for pets for example # How much will it cost How many years? and if there are programs for learning pet medicine or animal doctor

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Graci303 views

how long is veterinary school?

I've always wanted to be a vet and i love animals but i dont know if i should take years out of my life just towards university. how many years is vet school?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours318 views

What are your best suggestions for looking for a vet school? Any application tips?

This question was asked anonymously by a junior in high school

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours460 views

How easy is it to get hired as a veterinarian?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours269 views

Veterinarians: What kind of hours are you working currently?

Do you normally work 40 hours a week? This question was asked anonymously by a junior in high school

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours241 views

Is there room for promotion or moving up in advancement when it comes to animal health? ?

This question was asked anonymously by a student. This learner is a junior in high school and is interested in becoming a veterinarian.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours249 views

What are the educational requirements that lead to your career as a veterinarian?

This question was asked anonymously by a junior in Utah. They are interested in becoming a veterinarian

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours256 views

What are the perks of working in an animal clinic?

This question was asked anonymously by a student who is a junior in high school. They are very interested in becoming a veterinarian

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Angelina378 views

What are some careers that are animal related that pays well in California?

I am interested in pursuing an animal related career, curious about the scope of careers available within this animal career pathway and want to learn more about the unique aspects that come with those careers.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rebecca377 views

What is an animal pathologist and how do you become one?

I am exploring my options, thinking about being a vet or something that relates.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Danielle391 views

College-advice?

What college classes should I take if I wanted to be a Veterinarian? Are there any requirements to be able to go to Vet school? How should I know what classes I need to take?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Susan311 views

What advice do you have for someone wanting to be a veterinarian.?

Hello, I have always wanted to be a veterinarian but now as I'm headed for university I have a lot of doubts and questions. How hard is it to get into veterinary school? What was the most challenging part and what tips would you give to someone going into their undergrad?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Katie363 views

What classes should I take in my freshman year of college if I want to be a veterinarian ?

I am a junior in highschool and don't really know what my career path is yet. I love animals a lot so and I am good at science so any job in those fields work.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Reanna214 views

How much does a vet make?

I want to be a vet

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Nydia237 views

How do i get a head start?

Hi im 15 years old and in 10th grade. I really wanna be an veterinarian and want to start on it right now. Any suggestion, tips, etc?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samsara727 views

Can I become a Vet tech become a veterinarian in the future without going into a 4 year university?

My plan before becoming a vet tech was to be a veterinarian but I don't want to spend more than 8 years in school.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CAdore206 views

I need internships for being a vet, Any tips?

I need tips

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sharyck575 views

How can i begin my journey to become a veterinarian?

how early can i begin my journey to try and achieve my goals to be a veterinarian. Whats the fastest i can try to start so that i can join the field im into, sooner?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kimberlyn208 views

What social skills are valuable to be a veterinarian?

I don't like social interactions but I can tolerate it.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Izadia176 views

A veterinarian

Hi my name is Izadia and I want to be a veterinarian. How much doses a veterinarian get payed averagely?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Xzania230 views

How would you ensure you perform euthanasia properly? How do you stay updated with research developments in veterinary medicine?

Hi I’m Xzania and I want to be a veterinarian and How would you ensure you perform euthanasia properly? How do you stay updated with research developments in veterinary medicine?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Santana279 views

How much money do u make as a vet?

How much hours do u make as a vet?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Natalya174 views

Why did you become a veterinarian🐱?

Answer me please.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon