Career Questions tagged Scholarships

Is it possible to graduate from college with $0 in student loan debt?

I want to be able to pay for college as I go. I want to go to this one university but it costs about $25,000 a year. I want some advice to achieve this goal. #debtfree...

#scholarships

1

Scott Bedell’s Avatar
Active Oct 30 at 06:56 PM

Posted by Mandy A.’s Avatar Mandy A.
Scott Bedell’s Avatar
Scott Bedell | Theatre Professional and Consultant It is possible, but harder than most people think. The cost ...
Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Sheila Jordan, PMP | Senior Technical Project Manager at AT&T Hello Brett: It's good to hear that you want to go ...

How much money should I borrow to become a teacher?

1

Jill Hoff’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 at 03:12 AM

Posted by Landry L.’s Avatar Landry L.
Jill Hoff’s Avatar
Jill Hoff | Owner at College and Career Consulting This is a great question! If you are still in high ...

Are there any specific scholarships for students pursuing engineering in Alabama?

2

Ken Simmons’s Avatar G. Mark Stewart’s Avatar
Active Oct 03 at 06:13 AM

Posted by Andrew G.’s Avatar Andrew G.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential There may be scholarships available that meet your needs: however, there ...
Antuane Brown’s Avatar
Antuane Brown | Lead Financial Analyst Our high school guidance counselor recommended that we use the scholly ...

Talk about when you did/did not recieve a scholarship?

As a college freshman, I have been applying for scholarships online in hopes that it will help reduce the amount that my parent and I have to cover, but I am honestly not sure how effective applying is. Applying to scholarships is easy, but what about winning them? Everyone always says to apply...

#scholarships #college #help #financial-aid

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Sep 03 at 05:13 AM

Posted by Armando H.’s Avatar Armando H.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The most important thing to do when you are considering college ...

If I decided to go to an out of state school is there anyway that the hope scholarship could transfer over to the others state form of hop

I lived in Georgia and let's say I get the hope scholarship, and I decided to go to Alabama. Is there anyway that the hope would transfer and switch over to the other states form of hope....

#scholarships

1

Katie Burell’s Avatar
Active Nov 29 at 03:24 AM

Posted by Kaitlyn S.’s Avatar Kaitlyn S.
Katie Burell’s Avatar
Katie Burell | North American Quality Management Director at ASR Group Here is a link to a list of schools that can ...

How do scholarships send colleges or universities the money they grant?

When you earn a scholarship, what must be done next? How do you secure the money you earned? #universites #money #scholarships...

#savings

1

Courtney Riel’s Avatar
Active Sep 30 at 07:30 AM

Posted by Jeniffer E.’s Avatar Jeniffer E.
Courtney Riel’s Avatar
Courtney Riel | Zoo Keeper & Pet/House Sitter (Owner) It depends on the scholarship. Some will send a check directly ...

Scholarship Question

How do you know which scholarship sites are legitimate and which ones are fake?...

#scholarships

1

Evan Miller’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 at 07:29 PM

Posted by Marcy N.’s Avatar Marcy N.
Evan Miller’s Avatar
Evan Miller | Process Improvement Engineer Hello Marcy,One method I used is the app "Scholly" that connects ...

How did you get Scholarships?

A lot of scholarships don’t seem to apply to me, how do you find ones that do?...

#scholarships

1

Scott Rompf’s Avatar
Active Sep 05 at 09:06 PM

Posted by Kylie H.’s Avatar Kylie H.
Scott Rompf’s Avatar
Scott Rompf | Senior Technical Consulting Engineer at AT&T I know there are several websites that have listings. One I ...

What should I do if I know what major I want to pursue, but not what profession?

I'm a high school senior...

#scholarships

2

Jeanette Roch’s Avatar Kim Igleheart’s Avatar
Active Sep 29 at 03:56 PM

Posted by Kacie L.’s Avatar Kacie L.
Jeanette Roch’s Avatar
Jeanette Roch | Associate General Counsel at American General Life Insurance ... It has been a while since I was in college but ...

How much time should I expect to put in to getting $70k+ in scholarships?

I know it's a lot, but I'm ready to put in the work required so that I won't be in student debt for the prime of my life. How much time should I expect filling out this many scholarships will take?...

#scholarships

1

Alexys Gilcreast’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:16 PM

Posted by Noah H.’s Avatar Noah H.
Alexys Gilcreast’s Avatar
Alexys Gilcreast | Deals Associate, Valuation at PwC Hi Noah, That is a great question! When I was in ...

How easy is it to get scholarships?

1

Nicole DuRoss’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 08:59 PM

Posted by Taylor H.’s Avatar Taylor H.
Nicole DuRoss’s Avatar
Nicole DuRoss | Digital Marketer Scholarships can be difficult to secure, but not impossible. Start your ...

How to not get discouraged in the scholarship search?

I have been applying for scholarships since last year and I have to say I haven't received much of anything except the CBA Scholars Scholarship. Every website is like "sign up for this, sign up for that" I am in near tears trying to figure out how I am going to pay over $3,000 dollars plus...

#money #scholarships

1

Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Active Nov 13 at 02:34 AM

Posted by Robyn A.’s Avatar Robyn A.
Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Sheila Jordan, PMP | Senior Technical Project Manager at AT&T Hello Robyn: It's good to hear that you are researching scholarships. Good ...

What is the best way to be prepared for SAT exam?

I know I am only a freshman in high school. But I still liked to be prepared. #high-school...

#scholarships

1

Paul Gullatte’s Avatar
Active Nov 14 at 05:05 PM

Posted by Macy E.’s Avatar Macy E.
Paul Gullatte’s Avatar
Paul Gullatte | Senior Compliance Associate You have a few options. If you like to study on ...

What's the best way to apply for scholarships?

1

Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Active Nov 13 at 03:17 AM

Posted by Jenna M.’s Avatar Jenna M.
Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Sheila Jordan, PMP | Senior Technical Project Manager at AT&T Hello Jenna: Awesome job in researching scholarships. I recommend that you ...

What are good scholarships for Narcolepsy?

0

Active Aug 29 at 06:38 PM

Posted by Jonah O.’s Avatar Jonah O.

Are the no-essay scholarships even worth applying for?

1

Benjamin Adewale’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:20 PM

Posted by Paul L.’s Avatar Paul L.
Benjamin Adewale’s Avatar
Benjamin Adewale | Tax Associate at PwC Every scholarship that you qualify for is worth applying for. Nothing ...

There seem to be a lot of quick, easy, no essay scholarships. Are these worth looking into?

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 29 at 12:40 AM

Posted by Haylie J.’s Avatar Haylie J.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The best way to look for scholarships is through the reference ...

How do I get my four years at my local college paid for?

I am still confused in how students get their whole 4 years paid for. I know you need to have good grades and everything but what is that one quality that a university might choose you for this opportunity? #tuition...

#scholarships

1

Michael George’s Avatar
Active Nov 16 at 06:47 PM

Posted by Naomi Z.’s Avatar Naomi Z.
Michael George’s Avatar
Michael George | Senior Supply Chain Manager - Global Logistics / ... Hello Naomi,As a parent with four kids (2 graduated, 1 graduating ...

Where is a good place to start when applying for colleges and scholarships?

Money will be an issue for me that is why I'm trying to gauge my options from what schools are offering me, what scholarships I am able to receive and how much I am able to get through FAFSA, which I won't even get to do until at least February. So where do I start with all of this? I'm trying...

#scholarships #help #money #fafsa #collegeapps #stressed

3

Ellen Lie’s Avatar Kristen Hansen’s Avatar Cassandra Garita’s Avatar
Active Oct 05 at 06:09 PM

Posted by Gina A.’s Avatar Gina A.
Ellen Lie’s Avatar
Ellen Lie | Higher Education Professional You're on the right track! A great place to start when ...

How do I find the best scholarships for school?

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Aug 28 at 06:56 PM

Posted by Lauryn A.’s Avatar Lauryn A.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential The first thing to do is to determine an appropriate focus ...

When is it best to apply for scholarships ?

Is it too late when your housing doesn't go through...

#scholarships

2

Kanan Patel’s Avatar Benjamin Adewale’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:29 PM

Posted by Nerissa C.’s Avatar Nerissa C.
Kanan Patel’s Avatar
Kanan Patel | Tax Associate at PwC There are many websites you can look up for scholarships! Each ...

Where is the most complete list of available scholarships for a college freshman going to school in Kansas?

I will be graduating from high school in May of 2019 and going to an in-state college to study engineering technology....

#scholarships

0

Active Aug 27 at 03:42 PM

Posted by Dylen T.’s Avatar Dylen T.

What is the most efficient way to find scholarships that fit you the best

1

Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:51 PM

Posted by Matthew F.’s Avatar Matthew F.
Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Katie Jordan | Tax Director - Specialized Tax Services at PwC Hi Matthew! Great question. I would start by looking online. There ...

What is the most efficient way to find scholarships that fit you

1

Rene Hernandez’s Avatar
Active Oct 25 at 03:00 PM

Posted by Mary F.’s Avatar Mary F.
Rene Hernandez’s Avatar
Rene Hernandez | Assistant Director of Admissions & Enrollment Management Hi Mary! Scholarships can be challenging to navigate and spending hours ...

What web-sites should I go to to look for scholarships?

I’m a high school senior and I would love to start applying for scholarships. I just don’t know where to start or what web-sites to look on. #scholarships...

#anyone

1

Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:52 PM

Posted by Tamarious T.’s Avatar Tamarious T.
Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Katie Jordan | Tax Director - Specialized Tax Services at PwC Hi Tamarious! Great question. I would start by looking online. There ...

Is becoming a registered nurse worth the money it cost to attend college?

Money isn't easy to get and I want to know I'm doing something that's worth the money and effort. #money #income #scholarships...

#nursing

0

Active Aug 26 at 04:15 AM

Posted by Nishaath Q.’s Avatar Nishaath Q.

What is the best way to get scholarship money?

Should I apply for the smaller scholarships? #financial-planning...

#scholarships

1

Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 09:55 PM

Posted by Makayla H.’s Avatar Makayla H.
Katie Jordan’s Avatar
Katie Jordan | Tax Director - Specialized Tax Services at PwC Hi Makayla! Great question. I would start by looking online. There ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)