Career Questions tagged Out Of State

Karen P.’s Avatar
Karen P. Aug 22, 2016 431 views

What are the benefits and detriments of going to a college/university in your state in comparison to attending one out-of-state?

I am in my junior year of high school and am on the search of the college of my dreams. I am planning to attend a university in Pennsylvania because it is not too close and not too far from my home state of New Jersey. I am getting a bit tired of my current city location and think it will be...

#college #in-state #university #out-of-state

Mary D.’s Avatar
Mary D. May 30, 2016 472 views

Which option would be best?

I'm having trouble deciding where to go to college. Excluding the costs, I want to go out of state. But I also had an idea that maybe I should go to college in-state first for the first 4 years then go to college out of state for grad...And I'd like to get out of my comfort zone and become a...

#colleges #in-state #out-of-state

Estrella H.’s Avatar
Estrella H. Feb 28, 2015 719 views

Would it be better to go out of state or stay in state for college?

HI, I'm a sophomore at Sumner Academy and I was wondering which kinds of colleges would be better to go to. I'm really thinking of going out of state, but I'm not so sure if this is a good idea. I also need help in choosing what college I want to go to. I have no idea yet on what I want to do,...

#advice #college #out-of-state

Yaminah C.’s Avatar
Yaminah C. Feb 26, 2015 776 views

When pursing a more demanding college major, is it best to remain close to home?

I'm a junior in high school looking at out-of-state colleges. I want to go to a 4-year college for pre-medicine/medicine, which is a demanding major. I should just remain close to home so i have a strong support system? #college #pre-med #major...

#out-of-state

Jeff H.’s Avatar
Jeff H. Mar 19, 2014 802 views

How difficult or easy is the transition from High School to College, especially if you're going out of state?

I live in California, but I am planning to go out of state. I would like to know some of the hardships I need to prepare for. #college #life-transitions #first-year...

#out-of-state