Career Questions tagged Advice

Julianna B.’s Avatar
Julianna B. Mar 24 108 views

What’s the key to becoming successful in life?

I want to be able to be successful and working by the time I get out of college. #school #successful #college...

#advice

Tanu N.’s Avatar
Tanu N. Feb 08 121 views

I want to be an movie/tv actress and lawyer at the same time!

I’ve been wanting to be an actress since I was 3. I can also dance, I’ve loved it since I was 3. I can sort of sing. Drama is my favorite class at school. But I need something else just in case, so I plan to graduate in law and be a lawyer. I am also passionate in law, but it is a recent...

#civilrightslawyer #writing #college #law #acting #passion #advice #lawyer #dancing #drama #author #stories #art

Allie S.’s Avatar
Allie S. Feb 06 92 views

What do i need to do to go into Human Trafficking?

I am a Junior in High school. I have been trying to figure out how God wants to use me in this world. He has really laid human trafficking on my heart lately, and i feel like that is something he wants me to go into. I though i wanted to be a high school history teacher, but that dream seems...

#intern #help #endit #college #human-trafficking #advice #sex-trafficking #career

Bessy T.’s Avatar
Bessy T. Sep 29, 2019 75 views

I'm going to a different highschool than all the other kids I'm used to, any advice?

I'm in gr 7 going to highschool...

#advice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Sep 10, 2019 51 views

If you work in the substance abuse world, what does a typical day to day look like?

I'm a senior in highschool and I'm looking into the best options for what I've wanted to be for a long time, and I want to insure myself I'm getting into the career(s) I want. #senior #classof2020 #advice #career...

#psychology

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 168 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#business-major #career-coach #career-path #job-experience #job #student #work #college-major #career-planning #major #career-counseling #career-advice #help #business-degree #choosing-a-major #education #career-help #english-degree #advice #english #business-field #english-major #business #work-experience #career #student-advice #publishing

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26, 2019 132 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#business-major #career-path #job-experience #job #student #work #college-major #career-planning #major #career-counseling #career-advice #help #business-degree #choosing-a-major #education #career-help #english-degree #advice #english #business-field #english-major #business #work-experience #career #student-advice #publishing

Angel W.’s Avatar
Angel W. Apr 28, 2019 105 views
Angel W.’s Avatar
Angel W. Apr 26, 2019 125 views
Silang J.’s Avatar
Silang J. Mar 01, 2019 208 views

How does staying a year really affect you chance getting into college

I recently had a wake-up call and decide to fix my life. I use to I want good grade but did not really care. I did not turn in might homework, study, participate in class or ask the teacher for help. I was mostly was playing games, waste my time. Now do not get me to wrong. Games are ok to play...

#career #college-advice #college #gpa #advice

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 04, 2019 183 views

Is it normal to start work before signing a contract?

It freaked me out because a few days ago, I received an email notice that I was accepted to a job position that I applied for, but right after that email notice, there was another email giving me instructions for my first assignment and telling me that it needed to be completed within 48...

#career-advice #help #college-student #work-questions #independent-contractor #job #job-advice #work #advice #contract #job-questions #confused

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 308 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#job #burnout #college #work-environment #work #work-life-balance #job-environment #career-counseling #career-advice #writing #help #college-student #stress #career-help #advice #career #student-advice #journalism

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 241 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-choice #technical-writing #career-path #following-your-passions #job #college #student #work #work-life-balance #publishing #writing-and-editing #career-planning #career-counseling #writing #help #career-advice #editing #career-help #advice #creative-writing #career #student-advice #journalism

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 29, 2018 259 views

Is it ok to give a generic answer to an interview question?

I am always stuck on the interview question asking me to tell the interviewers a time I was working in a group that I demonstrated leadership skills. The only answer I can come up with is the ghosting of a member and how I reached out to the member to resolve the problem. Is this answer too...

#job-application #interviews #career #advice