Career Questions tagged Advice

Bessy T.’s Avatar
Bessy T. Sep 29 9 views

I'm going to a different highschool than all the other kids I'm used to, any advice?

I'm in gr 7 going to highschool...

#advice

Lailaa E.’s Avatar
Lailaa E. Sep 10 22 views

If you work in the substance abuse world, what does a typical day to day look like?

I'm a senior in highschool and I'm looking into the best options for what I've wanted to be for a long time, and I want to insure myself I'm getting into the career(s) I want. #senior #classof2020 #advice #career...

#psychology

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26 88 views

Can I succeed in business? How can I pick a career that properly suits my interests?

Hello, I'm currently a second-year college student, and I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my future. I'm currently majoring in English, but I've been debating whether to add business as a second major due to my interest in what I perceive as business-related fields. The only...

#job #business-degree #business-field #college-major #career #career-coach #work #major #publishing #business #english-degree #work-experience #english-major #student #career-counseling #career-path #business-major #english #career-planning #education #student-advice #help #career-help #choosing-a-major #advice #career-advice #job-experience

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Aug 26 64 views

Can an English major work in business-related jobs?

As my question says, I'm wondering how successful an English major would be at working in business-related jobs. For example, I'm really interested in the publishing industry. Can you find success working in the publishing industry with only an English degree, or would you recommend...

#job #business-degree #business-field #college-major #career #work #major #publishing #business #english-degree #work-experience #english-major #student #career-counseling #career-path #business-major #english #career-planning #education #student-advice #help #career-help #choosing-a-major #advice #career-advice #job-experience

Angel W.’s Avatar
Angel W. Apr 28 67 views
Angel W.’s Avatar
Angel W. Apr 26 78 views
Silang J.’s Avatar
Silang J. Mar 01 158 views

How does staying a year really affect you chance getting into college

I recently had a wake-up call and decide to fix my life. I use to I want good grade but did not really care. I did not turn in might homework, study, participate in class or ask the teacher for help. I was mostly was playing games, waste my time. Now do not get me to wrong. Games are ok to play...

#college-advice #gpa #career #advice #college

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 04 123 views

Is it normal to start work before signing a contract?

It freaked me out because a few days ago, I received an email notice that I was accepted to a job position that I applied for, but right after that email notice, there was another email giving me instructions for my first assignment and telling me that it needed to be completed within 48...

#job #independent-contractor #contract #job-questions #work-questions #work #confused #help #advice #career-advice #job-advice #college-student

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 251 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#job #journalism #career #work #work-environment #career-counseling #work-life-balance #stress #writing #college #student-advice #help #career-help #burnout #advice #career-advice #job-environment #college-student

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14 182 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#job #creative-writing #technical-writing #career-choice #journalism #career #work #editing #publishing #student #career-counseling #career-path #work-life-balance #writing-and-editing #career-planning #writing #college #following-your-passions #student-advice #help #career-help #advice #career-advice

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 29, 2018 173 views

Is it ok to give a generic answer to an interview question?

I am always stuck on the interview question asking me to tell the interviewers a time I was working in a group that I demonstrated leadership skills. The only answer I can come up with is the ghosting of a member and how I reached out to the member to resolve the problem. Is this answer too...

#advice #job-application #career #interviews

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Sep 26, 2018 287 views

Learn about investing

I'm a mechanical engineering university student with 2 more years of school. I started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and I am interested in investing and increasing my financial knowledge. For those with insight and experience, what is a good way to start investing after I graduate or maybe even...

#beginner #finance #investing #advice #business #money #college

Jeniffer E.’s Avatar
Jeniffer E. Aug 31, 2018 206 views

What is recommended to do when applying for scholarships?

Is there a limit or a boundary we should not pass when applying? What tips are recomended to take? #help #business #advice #universi...

#career

Ekene O.’s Avatar
Ekene O. Aug 29, 2018 180 views

How do you attain a good balance in college?

What did you do to maintain good grades? How did you choose the right people to associate with? If you played a sport how did you just to your schedule? What did you do to prepare for college? What are the sacrifices you had to make? How did you try and associate with professors? #advice...

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 528 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#technology #engineering #forensics #astrophysics #space #space-exploration #career #astronomy #planetary-science #advice #medicine #pharmaceuticals #math

Valeria S.’s Avatar
Valeria S. Aug 27, 2018 203 views