Career questions tagged advice

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Nicole240 views

What are some tips for college?

I just finished my freshmen year of college and I am wondering how the next years will be. Should I be focused or worried about anything? I am also a Forensic Psychology major and I don't have a minor yet. Should I be thinking about minors?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gideon194 views

When going to college, Is it best for me to invest my time on what I would like to do or what is best for me and my family? (hashtag #Spring24)

I'm going to college and would like some advice.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
jordan202 views

where can i get good career advice?

career advice tips

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexia245 views

How do I trust that I can succeed in my field after hearing that multiple people have failed in it how do I continue to have faith and follow my passion?

Every time I tell someone what I want to study, they approach me with negativity and say that it’s hard they know people who didn’t fail and one time I even rethought my major completely I want to be a medium manager for a sports team or just a marketing manager for sports team. I want to do these things but I wanna do them for for a sports team and people told me that can be hard

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yanic282 views

What are the steps for writing a publication?#spring24

I wish to write up publications but I don't know how to go about it, any tips on how to start and finish will be very helpful for me. Thanks in advance #spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Valeria444 views

How did you overcome your personal/outside life from getting in the way of your education?

I personally am the type to let everything get to me so like work and personal problems, they'll stop me from doing my work in school which I have to prioritize. I need to find a way to help me keep going even though there are MULTIPLE different things going on, I try not stressing myself and even take a break from school but SCHOOL is what needs to get prioritized. I just need a coping mechanism to get my educational work together without messing myself up mentally or physically.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aaliyah218 views

What a good advice before heading to college?

what make you have a better start for what want to be?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josue425 views

What advice do you have for students who are passionate about software development but may feel overwhelmed by the vast amount of information and technologies to learn?

Some people might suggest staying focused or trying to divide your workload, but many individuals in the field still struggle with feelings of being overwhelmed by the ever-evolving nature of technology and the multitude of options available for specialization. Could you share any personal strategies or insights on how to manage this overwhelm effectively? Additionally, are there any specific resources, such as online courses, books, or mentorship programs, that you recommend for students looking to navigate this challenge and stay motivated on their software development journey?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Femi174 views

Requirements for chartered accountant ?

How do I navigate into being a chartered accountant after high school. What are the requirements please?

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jane380 views

How ? I studied mechanical engineering but thinking of transitioning into software engineering any advice for me on how I go about that. I’m sure with your guidance it will be successful.

I studied mechanical engineering but thinking of transitioning into software engineering any advice for me on how I go about that. I’m sure with your guidance it will be successful.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniel330 views

What are essential skills for success in cybersecurity field and what certification do you recommend for beginners?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Maria291 views

What amount of money do i have to save for private college?

Who am I supposed to contact before going to join college

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
lyn250 views

why is it good to use good communction skills in a interivew?

gave me details on how i can improve my skills and get better

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Movindee375 views

How do I improve my communication skills to become a confident and a successful engineer in the field of construction?

Hi I'm a final year civil engineering student at University of Technology Sydney. I'm a fee paying international student who's first language is not English. However I speak very good english since I had the exposure to it. How do I improve my communication skills to become a confident and a successful engineer in the field of constriction?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
asen337 views

how to communicate good at school?

reading more books

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Madeline263 views

What pivotal moments or challenges did you encounter while pursuing your professional dreams, and what advice would you offer to someone striving to achieve similar aspirations ?

What pivotal moments or challenges did you encounter while pursuing your professional dreams, and what advice would you offer to someone striving to achieve similar aspirations ? What balance of internal work (such as mindset, personal growth, resilience, etc.) and external work (such as skill-building, networking, opportunity-seeking, etc.) did you find most crucial in your journey towards realizing your dreams? Could you share specific examples or strategies that helped you navigate both aspects effectively? #Spring24

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Arshpreet302 views

How should I prepare myself for the Human Resources field ?

I am currently a junior in highschool and I plan to major in industrial/orginzational psychology with a minor in business administration. I want to have a job in the human resources field. Is there any thing I should do or know to prepare myself for that field?

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daella300 views

What are some tips for applying or getting your first job?

What advice or tips would you give to people getting their first job?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
charles414 views

which is the best mode of communication in office?

communication tips

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Gia500 views

What is some advice to start a business?

I’m starting a business with Lela give me advice.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Oliver433 views

How do i overcome distractions?

I really want to be more focused so I need advice.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy369 views

What should I expect from my classes?

I'm currently in high school and I'm interested in becoming a psychiatrist. I'm going to be taking a half year of psychology and a half year of sociology. Is there anything I should know before going into these classes to prepare myself.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Diamond327 views

What are some things I can do to succeed in being a daycare provider ?

I can start completing the training I need to

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mariama288 views

What should I do to pursue a career in modeling and criminology in college?

I'm in my last year of high school going to college this fall and ever since I was younger I always wanted to model.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cassidy109 views

How do I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing ?

Please help

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
meaghan189 views

what things helped you achieve the place you are in right now ?

i really want to become a trauma surgeon and graduate with high honors . any advice will be helpful

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Vanessa274 views

Hello! Anyone able to proof-read/comment on my essay?

I'm participating in an essay contest and I need help with advice. Is there anything I can improve? I would really appreciated if you checked it out! https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q4BoHYptdT3LNre_TZgIbYXObDOMUcL4B0lwis4weMg/edit?usp=sharing

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Yaasmin693 views

What advice would you give someone looking to pursue a career in your career field ?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Olawale230 views

How can I get into stock trading?

I've been seeing a lot of stock brokers lately and I'm very intrigued in getting into it. I know it involves risk but I'm looking forward to getting a professional advice(s)

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dana239 views

How do you get hired with no experience when there are others applying who are experienced?

How does that ever happen?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon