Career Questions tagged Advice

Silang J.’s Avatar
Silang J. Mar 01, 2019 238 views

How does staying a year really affect you chance getting into college

I recently had a wake-up call and decide to fix my life. I use to I want good grade but did not really care. I did not turn in might homework, study, participate in class or ask the teacher for help. I was mostly was playing games, waste my time. Now do not get me to wrong. Games are ok to play...

#college #advice #gpa #college-advice #career

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Feb 04, 2019 210 views

Is it normal to start work before signing a contract?

It freaked me out because a few days ago, I received an email notice that I was accepted to a job position that I applied for, but right after that email notice, there was another email giving me instructions for my first assignment and telling me that it needed to be completed within 48...

#work-questions #confused #help #job #job-questions #job-advice #independent-contractor #work #college-student #advice #career-advice #contract

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 341 views

What would you do if you loved your job but hated your work environment? Would you leave? How would you cope?

For example, I've worked as a copy editor and/or copywriter for both my high school yearbook and college newspaper, and while I wouldn't say that I've LOVED journalism, I do find it enjoyable at times. I would prefer to be doing creative writing, but I genuinely enjoy all types of writing, and...

#help #burnout #work #writing #work-environment #job #journalism #career-advice #job-environment #career-counseling #college #work-life-balance #student-advice #career #college-student #advice #stress #career-help

Catherine T.’s Avatar
Catherine T. Jan 14, 2019 277 views

Which is better: continuing to work a job you've grown to dislike because it is advantageous for you career-wise, or finding a new job that you genuinely enjoy?

I've always believed that if you pursue a career you love, then you'll never work a day in your life, so I've followed my dreams and have always planned to pursue my passion, even if it might not result in the most high-paying job. This passion is writing. However, throughout the years, I've...

#career-path #help #following-your-passions #creative-writing #student #work #writing #job #career-advice #journalism #career-counseling #college #work-life-balance #student-advice #writing-and-editing #career #editing #advice #career-choice #publishing #technical-writing #career-planning #career-help

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Dec 29, 2018 281 views

Is it ok to give a generic answer to an interview question?

I am always stuck on the interview question asking me to tell the interviewers a time I was working in a group that I demonstrated leadership skills. The only answer I can come up with is the ghosting of a member and how I reached out to the member to resolve the problem. Is this answer too...

#interviews #advice #career #job-application

Joi I.’s Avatar
Joi I. Sep 26, 2018 442 views

Learn about investing

I'm a mechanical engineering university student with 2 more years of school. I started reading Rich Dad Poor Dad and I am interested in investing and increasing my financial knowledge. For those with insight and experience, what is a good way to start investing after I graduate or maybe even...

#business #beginner #college #finance #advice #money #investing

Jeniffer E.’s Avatar
Jeniffer E. Aug 31, 2018 312 views

What is recommended to do when applying for scholarships?

Is there a limit or a boundary we should not pass when applying? What tips are recomended to take? #help #business #advice #universi...

#career

Ekene O.’s Avatar
Ekene O. Aug 29, 2018 249 views

How do you attain a good balance in college?

What did you do to maintain good grades? How did you choose the right people to associate with? If you played a sport how did you just to your schedule? What did you do to prepare for college? What are the sacrifices you had to make? How did you try and associate with professors? #advice...

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 631 views

What are ways to increase your changes of being accepted to four year colleges, despite being from a low income area?

Another question I have is how can I stand out to colleges while being from a low income area that, to me, seems to limit my opportunities? I have had personal experiences losing great opportunities due to where I am from. #college #high-school #low-income-area #workforce #steam #stem #science...

#forensics #astronomy #astrophysics #pharmaceuticals #engineering #career #space #space-exploration #planetary-science #advice #technology #math #medicine

Valeria S.’s Avatar
Valeria S. Aug 27, 2018 282 views
Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018 209 views

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

#advice #unknown #marine #biology

Asia E.’s Avatar
Asia E. Aug 23, 2018 258 views
Madison K.’s Avatar
Madison K. Aug 23, 2018 223 views
Cristian T.’s Avatar
Cristian T. Aug 22, 2018 334 views

How do you find the motivation to keep moving forward when life hits you with so many unexpected turns?

Any advice I am open to especially school related...

#advice

Caden T.’s Avatar
Caden T. Aug 21, 2018 209 views

I want to study the performing arts in college, but I can't decide what to major in.

I love all aspects of the entertainment industry. Whether that be theatre, film or even singing. But I can't decide what major would be the most beneficial. #advice #major...

Caden T.’s Avatar
Caden T. Aug 21, 2018 251 views

What's the most difficult part about applying for a college?

Between the essays and everything else, what do you find the hardest to perfect?...

#advice

Camilo Z.’s Avatar
Camilo Z. Aug 18, 2018 317 views

How to be productive?

What’s the best way to stop procrastinating and having productive days? #motivation #advice...

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018 231 views

What will help me stand out to colleges as I’m applying?

I recently noticed my GPA is a 3.3 unweighted and a 3,9 weighted as I’ve been taking honors since freshman year. This kind of worried me as I saw the acceptance rates regarding gpa for certain colleges. #help #advice #gpa...

#college-selection

Camryn C.’s Avatar
Camryn C. Aug 14, 2018 215 views

#college-selection

Laquasia A.’s Avatar
Laquasia A. Aug 11, 2018 204 views

What can you do make sure your good with everything your first year in college?

A lot of college freshmen tends to get distracted and fall off track....

#advice

Sierra G.’s Avatar
Sierra G. Aug 11, 2018 212 views

Will I have to take out student loans?

I am really stressing about the thought of taking out student loans. I will not be living in campus dorms (I have to live at home to take care of my mom) , so I won't have to worry about dorm fees. I am a fairly smart person, I'm first in my class and I am planning on being valedictorian, but...

#student #college #advice #collegehelp #studentloans #students #loans

Ajzuan R.’s Avatar
Ajzuan R. Aug 09, 2018 254 views

What are some good things to study on

For any Architects, what are some of the things you would recommend studying throughout the job #architect #studying...

#advice