Career Questions tagged Leadership

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Sep 21 104 views

Why is there so much disconnect between public educators and education administrators?

teaching seems like such a great career, and so does being an ed administrator, but with the modern-day "common core", "no child left behind" mentality, it ends up putting so much stress and pressure on teachers that does not translate into better student performance. What's worse is that...

ed-admin leadership education-administration educators aministration politics administrators standardized-testing education policy teacher

Angel B.’s Avatar
Angel B. Jun 01 154 views

Why become an ob-gyn?

My reason is simple I want to be an ob-gyn because I enjoy the thought of helping women all around the world go through one of the hardest things in life. Childbirth to me is like a new breath of fresh air for another living thing. No matter what they become they have a whole world to pick from...

management human-resources leadership career

Harmony D.’s Avatar
Harmony D. Jun 01 271 views

What jobs are available right after college after having a minor in Human Resource Management?

I am a college sophmore with a goal of becoming a Human Resources Manager someday. human-resources...

leadership

Paajcha Julie X.’s Avatar
Paajcha Julie X. Jun 01 290 views

How to deal with poor leadership?

Without giving too much information away, I’m dealing with a boss who isn’t the greatest when it comes to leadership skills. I work online as a scouter for deals, meaning I search online for discounts, and I’m technically an independent contractor. When I first got the job, I asked many...

criticism community-management business leadership organizationalleadership online technology sales job organization boss management work working

Letlotlo M.’s Avatar
Letlotlo M. Mar 28 171 views

How often will I have to work and how much will I get paid

I am a business management student at private college . During high school I was part of leadership committees for 3 years. I get along with people very easily and able to make lasting connections with people business management student leadership qualities...

sociable

Belinda H.’s Avatar
Belinda H. Jul 30, 2020 369 views

How can you build leadership experience when you don't hold official leadership roles?

I'm a rising college senior looking to maximize her last year of college - would appreciate any help / advice you might have! july20...

leadership

Michelle P.’s Avatar
Michelle P. Mar 31, 2020 465 views

I'm unsure what career options would suit me best with my current interests and hobbies. What advice can be given when looking for a career path that would suit me better when regarding my strengths and interests?

I'm currently a senior in high school. I enjoy marine biology, choir, colorguard (marching band), and helping others for the general cause. I have multiple interests but am unsure how to figure out what career path may suit me best depending on my strengths. My top 2 strengths are open...

leadership colorguard helpingothers career-choice choir career-counseling marinebiology career

breanna P.’s Avatar
breanna P. Aug 19, 2018 670 views
Grace R.’s Avatar
Grace R. Apr 29, 2018 1029 views

On Leadership

I am also interested in Leadership but there are so many academic ways to do this. Which degree is the most valuable? womeninleadership,...

leadership

Alexa R.’s Avatar
Alexa R. Mar 25, 2018 1064 views

How do I devote my career to serving others while making sure I'm financially stable and independent?

My college education has been rich in genuine service, social action, and giving back to my campus and my community. I have loved every second of this experience because I thrive on interacting with new people and I want to change the world. I truly believe people can make an impact and I want...

service leadership

Jonathan G.’s Avatar
Jonathan G. Mar 14, 2018 395 views

How do I go about creating my own Company in the Engineering Industry?

Being enrolled in the Drexel Co-op program has given me the incites that I am grateful for experiencing before I enter the workforce. As I near the end of my last Co-op, I have realized that a 9am-5pm job is not for me. Being self employed has always been a dream of mine. leadership...

self-driven engineering self-employed

Sonia R.’s Avatar
Sonia R. Jan 19, 2018 590 views

After getting a MBA, how do you choose a career that fits both your qualifications and your personal interests?

I am a sophomore in high school and I have known ever since I was little that I wanted to go into business. With an mba, I know it would be possible for me to work in any field that I may desire in a leadership position. With so many options, it leaves me unsure of how I'll find a job that is...

Timothy O.’s Avatar
Timothy O. Jun 13, 2016 4564 views

Are Leaders born or made?

I am a high school student and I consider myself a leader. I however, want to improve my leadership skills as I will be taking on bigger leadership positions in the next school year. I know that leaders are made through learning and teaching but also, could it be true that we may be born with...

engineering coaching leadership sales marketing personal-development finance professional career

Tyrel R.’s Avatar
Tyrel R. Aug 12, 2016 682 views

What's the most successful way to become popular in the music industry?

Keeping in touch with celebrities in the entertainment industry is one of my favorite pass times. My reason for answering this question is because it seems as though many new artists have their two years or so of fame but it suddenly starts to die out and they lose thousands of fans. I would...

strategy leadership business-development innovation music

Albert P.’s Avatar
Albert P. Feb 15, 2017 4103 views

What are the benefits of being a boy scout?

A few of my friends have recently gotten involved in scouting, and it seems like it takes up a lot of their time. Some of them tell me that they are doing it so they can put in on their college applications. Do colleges value boy scouts (or eagle scouts, for that matter)? Is it something that I...

college-selection college leadership time-management college-bound college-admissions

Nikki G.’s Avatar
Nikki G. Feb 10, 2017 647 views

Is teaching a good choice for me

I love teaching and leadership teaching music...

leadership

aakhash G.’s Avatar
aakhash G. Jan 17, 2017 709 views

What are the best ways to get noted and recognized by professors?

I'm going to start college this year and I wonder about the best ways to get noticed and build report with the faculty and potential recruiters or interviewers for college jobs and internships? What are things to do and things to avoid? college job-search leadership college-bound...

college-jobs recruitment

Esther C.’s Avatar
Esther C. Nov 28, 2016 1625 views

What can I do to gain more leadership experience in college?

From the start of college, I have joined many clubs and organizations to get involved. However, lately I've been stressing out because every time I desire to join a committee or become a board member, I never quite succeed. Will not obtaining leadership positions hinder my potential to...

career-development student-clubs organizational-leadership career-path leadership employment organization

John W.’s Avatar
John W. Oct 24, 2016 839 views

Is Biochemistry or chemistry a better choice for pre-pharmacy?

I'm thinking of going into pre-pharmacy, and am wondering about best degree choice. management...

leadership

Alexandra C.’s Avatar
Alexandra C. Oct 12, 2016 1278 views

For female professionals: Have you even encountered any obstacles obtaining leadership positions because of your gender, and if so, how did you handle those challenges?

I've always had slight concerns about being a woman pursuing a historically male-dominated field (in my case, psychology research/professorship), and I was curious what have been the experiences of women in leadership positions. Was it difficult getting where you are because of your gender? Are...

leadership women women-in-higher-ed women-in-engineering sexism women-in-stem women-in-tech women-in-leadership

Bria B.’s Avatar
Bria B. Sep 22, 2016 827 views

What are the best ways to maintain a work and school balance?

I think many people struggle with this and any type of advice towards this question is valuable. business leadership...

organization

Joy Clarisse S.’s Avatar
Joy Clarisse S. May 13, 2016 1660 views

What advice do you have for an aspiring leader?

In the program I'm going into for college, I am a part of a cohort. We are expected to show and learn about leadership qualities. What can I do to further my leadership? leadership leader youth leaders youth-leadership student-leadership leading-people...

leading-teams

Marcus T.’s Avatar
Marcus T. Aug 18, 2016 934 views

How long would it take me to go into youth ministry- coaching and get enough information to become a part time coach, full time campus life director?

I want to go into youth ministry to teach more kids about jesus, and id also like to become a basketball coach. leadership mentoring coaching youth...

outgoing

Diamond   C.’s Avatar
Diamond C. Jul 16, 2016 2124 views

How does education help you to find a steady job?

I'm a Honor student in High School and i will be taking AP Classes this upcoming school year and i was asking because i feel that education basically gives you a layout of how a real job works depending upon the forms and fashion it is shown and taught. However, aside from my reasoning, I just...

feedback education leadership powerpoint legal-opinions career

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 12, 2016 920 views

Action drives us to push our limits and to grow. What are a couple things that I can take action on today to challenge myself and grow?

More of a philosophy question :) There are so many quotes about this concept "action": “Never complain, never explain, just let your actions speak for themselves.” – Benjamin Disraeli “The Superior man is modest in speech but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius “There are no statues built to...

personal-development books business leadership philosophy growth

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jul 09, 2016 947 views

On-campus activities to exercise business-leadership skills?

Hi all, I know every college campus is different - different clubs, organizations and communities - but what are some on-campus organizations I should look into for more business-leadership experience? college business leadership organization...

clubs

Matthew W.’s Avatar
Matthew W. Jun 30, 2016 889 views

How to find a mentor in University?

Hi all. Over the past year I have been reading books, watching youtube videos, and talking with various people on the topics of self-development, entrepreneurship, leadership, etc. However, I'm missing a mentor figure in my life. How do you recommend finding a mentor, whether it be a professor...

mentoring advice leadership