6
Updated 341 views Translate

does security job really make you happy?

The reason i asked many people this question is because people go to school for years to not be happy with a job they do not like.

6

0

LaTerricka’s Answer

I wouldn't question will a security job make you happy because that's a question only you would truly know the answer to because you are the only one who truly knows yourself and what will make you fulfilled in this life. A lot of people get into careers they did not like because sometimes we try and fail and that's okay. You really just have to figure out what you find enjoyable to do every day to make your career and that may take a few tries or it may take one. Regardless just take the time to find what you don't mind doing everyday that could make you enough money to sustain you for the rest of your life.
0
0

Francislainy’s Answer

Job security can help you feel "comfortable" and that can add to your overall feeling of happiness, but it's not everything that's to it. Even if you have a nice and secure job, life can still bring you unhappy situations. I'd say happiness normally comes more from cultivating nice relationships and dealings with the ones around you and building resilience to deal with the things life may thrown at you. Being a religious person myself, I would also credit having a faith to my overall feeling of wellbeing.
0
0

Malati’s Answer

Derek, what you have asked is a profound question. Does a job in Security (or indeed any job anywhere), make you happy? Happiness, as I have found in my 6 decades of existence, is a matter of choice. You can choose to be happy in the most difficult situation or be unhappy when surrounded by everything you desire.

Having said that, I know that life can sometime throw each one of us into terrible situations where it seems impossible to be happy. We can never choose our life situations but we can choose how we deal with them. We can use our will power, imagination, our gratitude for what we have, and find ways to stop being unhappy. This is what we need to do, whether at work or at home or with friends.

So, choose a line of work that excites you, where you feel you have the aptitude and talent and which you have the patience to study for. Then, do everything in your capacity to deliver high value on the job, make a difference to the organisation and aim to find happiness. If you find the organisation does not suit you and you are unhappy, find another job that works better. As long as you are very sure about what you want, and intend strongly to find it, you will:).

I hope this helps!

Malati recommends the following next steps:

Work with a career counsellor to find your aptitude for various lines of work, determine which lines will work best for you.
Check the courses of study for the career path you have chosen, ensure you have the time and means to pursue it.
Once you have completed the course, start looking for companies which provide the environment you need. That practise the values that are important to you.
Do your best to get into such an organisation. Work well, beyond the call of duty. Stay happy.
0
0

Cam’s Answer

There are plenty of happy security guards and plenty of unhappy security guards. When it comes to choosing a career, you should focus on what interests you. Life is an adventure with happy and unhappy times. Doing something you find interesting/engaging is key.
0