Career Questions tagged Security

keyuni P.’s Avatar
keyuni P. Dec 17, 2021 76 views

What inspired you to be a security guard?

What gave you the motivation to pursue this career. career-paths homeland...

security

keyuni P.’s Avatar
keyuni P. Dec 17, 2021 114 views

What education do you need to be a security guard?

What education is needed or required now and for the future. career education homeland...

security

keyuni P.’s Avatar
keyuni P. Dec 17, 2021 59 views

What do you have to do on a day to day bases to be fit as a security guard?

I need to know what physical practices I have to maintain as a security guard. physical security...

homeland

Zaria T.’s Avatar
Zaria T. Dec 01, 2021 110 views

What is the best way to get into any one of the departments under Homeland Security?

I enjoy solving mysteries and finding out information through research. Also I enjoy traveling and I have moved around a little bit. I have worked as a security guard for 3 years, I also have licences to carry a weapon and I have an interest in Information Technology. I plan on joining the Air...

security information-technology homeland air military

Carrie J.’s Avatar
Carrie J. Nov 17, 2021 134 views

Which companies would hire commercial divers?

I know that building and construction has uses for divers, but it might also be a security type job? construction security...

career

trenton S.’s Avatar
trenton S. Nov 03, 2021 143 views

I wanted to know how can you advance and grow doing Homeland Security?

I was interested and doing security work and wanted to know how can i be successful and this type of work? career Homeland Security...

protectiveservices

Cassie M.’s Avatar
Cassie M. Jul 31, 2021 149 views

How is the work load in your field?

I am interested in becoming a program and management analyst in the FBI, as well as becoming a director of operations. FBI Director-of-operations management analyst program-management government security director...

career

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Oct 06, 2021 112 views

Do security pentesters work steady hours or are they basically freelance?

(I want to be transparent right up front: I'm not a student. I'm a staff member at CareerVillage.org. But I'm posting this question because although we have many questions related to cybersecurity, we don't have this one, and I think our students would love to know the answer.) My question:...

security it-security

Jake C.’s Avatar
Jake C. Aug 26, 2021 161 views

Asking for an Industry Insider

Greetings and Good Morning from New York! I am a Job Corps student interested in conducting an Informational Interview with a professional in the security field. This is because I am following this career path, but want a 1 on 1 situation to directly and accurately gain insight about the...

Nikolas H.’s Avatar
Nikolas H. Jun 19, 2020 307 views
Mitchell H.’s Avatar
Mitchell H. Apr 07, 2020 426 views

What is the best way to get into private security.

I am working a base level security job and want to further myself into a very professional environment. security private...

tony G.’s Avatar
tony G. Mar 06, 2020 271 views

How often do the employees get evaluated? what benefits does the company offer?what are the daily duties on the job?

career security I am 18 years old, I was born in Yap. I am currently enrolled in Job Corps so I can advance in my career. I am passionate about the Security work force. I want to be able to monitor and maintain properties to keep people and companies...

Micaiah M.’s Avatar
Micaiah M. Feb 24, 2020 266 views

Do you ever feel stressed out?

I understand it can get boring, but does it ever feel overwhelming?...

security

Hayden B.’s Avatar
Hayden B. Sep 09, 2019 330 views

What additional skills and strengths do I need for a career in security?

Hi my name is Hayden B. I'm a student at Glen Rose HS, I am a freshmen. I'm interested in a career in security. I'm skills include working outside, hard worker, taking orders. In my spare time I workout. What additional skills would I need?...

security

Nate F.’s Avatar
Nate F. Sep 05, 2019 270 views

How long will it take to get a degree in security?

I like to skate and workout. I enjoy music, animals, sports. In the future I want to have a profession in security. Like Animal control, lifeguard, environment security or Transportation security....

security

Cheyenne F.’s Avatar
Cheyenne F. Aug 01, 2019 275 views
Brennan H.’s Avatar
Brennan H. Feb 01, 2019 270 views

What sort of traits to companies look for in their employees in this field?

What sort of things should i work on as i am learning about the field?...

security

Tyonna T.’s Avatar
Tyonna T. Jan 23, 2019 360 views
Anastazia R.’s Avatar
Anastazia R. Apr 22, 2018 404 views

How competitive are college homeland security programs?

The security of our nation is extremely important to me, and I am interested in studying homeland security in college. I get good grades, so I likely wont have too much trouble being accepted into a school. But I have heard that some degree programs are more competitive than others for...

security homeland-security programs government competition law-enforcement