Career Questions tagged Security

Justin M.’s Avatar
Justin M. yesterday 17 views
Hayden B.’s Avatar
Hayden B. Sep 09, 2019 77 views

What additional skills and strengths do I need for a career in security?

Hi my name is Hayden B. I'm a student at Glen Rose HS, I am a freshmen. I'm interested in a career in security. I'm skills include working outside, hard worker, taking orders. In my spare time I workout. What additional skills would I need?...

#security

Nate F.’s Avatar
Nate F. Sep 05, 2019 59 views

How long will it take to get a degree in security?

I like to skate and workout. I enjoy music, animals, sports. In the future I want to have a profession in security. Like Animal control, lifeguard, environment security or Transportation security....

#security

isidro S.’s Avatar
isidro S. Aug 07, 2019 110 views
Cheyenne F.’s Avatar
Cheyenne F. Aug 01, 2019 89 views
Cheyenne F.’s Avatar
Cheyenne F. Aug 01, 2019 55 views
erick S.’s Avatar
erick S. Dec 05, 2018 133 views
Brennan H.’s Avatar
Brennan H. Feb 01, 2019 110 views

What sort of traits to companies look for in their employees in this field?

What sort of things should i work on as i am learning about the field?...

#security

Tyonna T.’s Avatar
Tyonna T. Jan 23, 2019 117 views
Anastazia R.’s Avatar
Anastazia R. Apr 22, 2018 209 views

How competitive are college homeland security programs?

The security of our nation is extremely important to me, and I am interested in studying homeland security in college. I get good grades, so I likely wont have too much trouble being accepted into a school. But I have heard that some degree programs are more competitive than others for...

#security #competition #law-enforcement #homeland-security #programs #government

Catherine N.’s Avatar
Catherine N. Apr 03, 2018 623 views

Is computer science really that high demand?

Everyone always says that computer science is a quickly growing field. However, does this mean I should pursue computer science and be guaranteed job security? #job...

#security

Wanita J.’s Avatar
Wanita J. Apr 20, 2017 646 views

How do you effectively choose between jobs if your're granted the opportunity to be hired at both?

This is still hypothetical for me personally because I have an interview for both companies on the same day next week. However, I am anxious about every aspect of this. I have already had my preliminary phone interview with both companies and I am a bit more confident with both. The best case...

#marketing #job #security #career-decisions #interviews

Casey H.’s Avatar
Casey H. Oct 26, 2016 646 views

What states have the largest emerging cybersecurity field?

Im looking to go where I will be able to collaborate with the mosst amount of professionals in my field and make the most money, what states am i most likely to achieve that in? #cyber-security #security...

#network-security

Ariel H.’s Avatar
Ariel H. Oct 19, 2016 506 views

Is it best to take the path of Business Cyber Security or under Computer Science Cyber Security?

During a college visit at UTSA, one element of cyber security was under the umbrella of the School of Business. The other was under the umbrella of Computer Sciene. Which would you recommend as the best path to follow? #business #science #computer #security...

#cyber

Ariel H.’s Avatar
Ariel H. Oct 19, 2016 522 views

I want to be a cyber security guru, however; the cost of tuition is extravagant. How did you avoid becoming discouraged?

I have pretty much settled on 3 universities that I am very interested in attending. Each one is more expensive than the other. My parents cannot afford to pay the $200,000 tuition costs. The underpriviledged have federal aid and grants that do not have to be repaid. The wealthy have deep...

#computer #science #cyber #security

Hannah C.’s Avatar
Hannah C. Aug 17, 2016 544 views

what should im study in high school if I want to work in the CIA or become a police?

I want to know what are good classes to take in school when I can. #police-officer #security...

#police-field-training

Cynthia P.’s Avatar
Cynthia P. May 19, 2016 427 views

Should I major in general biology or a specific branch of biology?

I want to major in biology, but I am unsure of whether I should keep it general or choose something such as cell biology or human biology. Would general biology be a better choice in terms of finding a job in the sense that it can be applied to a vast variety of jobs as opposed to a specific...

#career-path #security #specialization #biology #college #major

PRIYA G.’s Avatar
PRIYA G. May 11, 2016 535 views

I am studying in 12th . I want to become a Lawyer. Tell me how shoud i work for it ?

I am very ambitious to become lawyer while i was in 11th. #security #3d-modeling...

#courts

Jessica J.’s Avatar
Jessica J. Mar 09, 2016 788 views

Is data analytics a big piece of the airline/aviation industry? What kinds of jobs are options for me?

My mom keeps telling me that I should get a job in analytics but I'm not even sure I know what that means in terms of the actual jobs I would get. Can you help me understand what exactly that is and what I would be doing in that kind of a role at Cathay Pacific? This question was posted by a...

#security #airline-industry #airport-security #aviation