Career Questions tagged Cybersecurity

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Oct 06 92 views

Do security pentesters work steady hours or are they basically freelance?

(I want to be transparent right up front: I'm not a student. I'm a staff member at CareerVillage.org. But I'm posting this question because although we have many questions related to cybersecurity, we don't have this one, and I think our students would love to know the answer.) My question:...

security it-security

Fakaiha Z.’s Avatar
Fakaiha Z. Oct 03 154 views

How should I independently prepare for a future degree and career in computer science while still in high school?

I'm currently a junior in high school, doing IB. Most of my IB subjects are irrelevant to CS (English, French, chemistry, biology, philosophy, psychology) except for math. In math, I am learning algebra, functions, geometry and trigonometry, probability and statistics, and calculus. So aside...

roadmap math cybersecurity online-resources technology data-science high-school university-prep computer-science university software science

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 29 244 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

cybersecurity computer-science stem digitalforensics technology consulting

somkid L.’s Avatar
somkid L. Jun 24 116 views

Degree vs Certificate

When comes to getting an education in the field of Cybersecurity, is it better to get a certificate in the field, such as the Comptia security+, or a bachelors degree in Cybersecurity. I want some thoughts on this question and want to know what do you have as your education when you start your...

college-major higher-education cybersecurity career

somkid L.’s Avatar
somkid L. Jun 23 167 views

What is the best path to a cybersecurity?

Receive my associate degrees in computer science this year and looking for a cyber security job in the future. Therefore I want to know the best way to this career path. Cybersecurity...

it

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Apr 13 508 views

Is Purdue University GLOBAL worth it

Hi, I am 18 years old.I just finished high school in May 2020. I was planning to attend Purdue Global to get my bachelor of cybersecurity. Does anyone know if this school is worth it? Can I get a job with a degree from Purdue Global? high-school cybersecurity job purdue indiana...

tech

Candice S.’s Avatar
Candice S. Jan 13 197 views

How can I gain experience?

I am a grad student searching for opportunities that I can gain skills and knowledge from volunteer cybersecurity...

humantrafficking

Naga Venkat P.’s Avatar
Naga Venkat P. Jul 29, 2020 221 views

Can someone provide me with Validity of CISSP and CCNA certifications in networking field? #July20

Pursuing my masters in information security and also i am the current vice president external for Concordia GSA...

cybersecurity

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 598 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) job masters employment...

coding cybersecurity technology school salary datascience dataanalyst data

Sibel O.’s Avatar
Sibel O. Jul 17, 2020 263 views
Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 312 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

computer-security womeninstem cybersecurity technology informationsecurity computer-science july20 stem applicationsecurity careerdevelopment computerscience career

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04, 2020 712 views
Curt L.’s Avatar
Curt L. Apr 20, 2020 400 views

Reading and learning the material from a book is easy but what is the best way to get practical IT experience, particularly in the realm of network administration and cyber security?

I'm currently enrolled in a cyber security degree program and would like to eventually make the jump from the military to IT. As I am currently not in an IT career field, I find it hard to imagine being able to get the practical experience in order to transition comfortably. IT...

information-technology cybersecurity

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Jan 05, 2020 340 views

What should my next steps be upon acquiring my first professional role? What should I be doing now to become an expert in my field, specifically cybersecurity?

I am currently in my last quarter of my masters degree program and have accepted my first professional cyber security role. I want to ensure that I create a solid foundation for my career and do everything possible to become a knowledgeable expert in my field. cybersecurity Network security...

career

Lavon A.’s Avatar
Lavon A. Dec 20, 2019 266 views

How can I get experience in cyber security while I am studying to get certifications?

I am a business student wanting to start a Cybersecurity business. cybersecurity business...

entrepreneur

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 583 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

english cybersecurity biology undecided journalism medicine computer_science university major

Sumaiya Z.’s Avatar
Sumaiya Z. Sep 11, 2019 284 views

How do you manage and practice your emotional intelligence on a daily basis at work? How do you maintain a balanced work-life that leads to success at work and in personal life?

An young pioneer woman who is working hard everyday in order to succeed and accomplish all her goals. Also, learning the skills and certifications in order to prosper in Information Technology. Success technology ambitious Cybersecurity...

hardwork

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Sep 06, 2019 414 views

Which Online Unitveristy for Cyber should I choose ?

Hello fellows, I have decided to get a bachelor's into Cybersecuirty, but I've been confusing with three (3) online universities which one of them has strong curriculum for Cyber, so I listed links of the three universities hereunder and I am looking for expertise or for anyone who has IT...

university cyber cybersecurity college-major college-admissions career

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Jul 02, 2019 271 views

I am considering Cybersecurity Bachelor's degree should I follow DHS program accrediation ?

I am seeking an online Bachelor degree in Cybersecurity, do I need The recognition of National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) if I live outside of the United state ? because I have seen some degrees do not have designation from these agencies, in the other...

information-technology cybersecurity college college-major degree

Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 541 views

Which math is the most helpful in the field of Computer Science

I am planning on attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) as a freshman this fall to study Computer Science and when reviewing course requirements, I saw that there was an open spot for math meaning I could fill it with any math of my choice. Other required math courses were Probability...

math cybersecurity college cyber-security appdeveloper computerscience wpi

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 660 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

cybersec cybersecurity cyber-security technology cyber compsci infosec computerscience

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Jan 17, 2018 652 views
Jacqueline S.’s Avatar
Jacqueline S. Jan 16, 2018 660 views

What is the most important thing I should consider before I start a career in cyber security ?

We live in a world that relies on the internet. I think that people do this without thinking about the issues being involved. This includes a business, company or individuals. I’m really interested in cyber security and I want to know more Technology CyberSecurity information-technology...

cyber-security

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 597 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

cybersecurity cyber-security career-goals technology social-media gaming-industry mobile-applications gaming