Career Questions tagged Cybersecurity

Naga Venkat P.’s Avatar
Naga Venkat P. Jul 29 62 views

Can someone provide me with Validity of CISSP and CCNA certifications in networking field? #July20

Pursuing my masters in information security and also i am the current vice president external for Concordia GSA...

#cybersecurity

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18 126 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

#technology #school #dataanalyst #cybersecurity #coding #datascience #data #salary

Sibel O.’s Avatar
Sibel O. Jul 17 91 views

What do you find exciting about working in cybersecurity?

What kind of people do you think should go into this field? #technology #cybersecurity...

#july20

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17 94 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

#womeninstem #technology #computer-science #careerdevelopment #informationsecurity #applicationsecurity #computer-security #cybersecurity #stem #july20 #computerscience #career

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04 131 views
Curt L.’s Avatar
Curt L. Apr 20 164 views

Reading and learning the material from a book is easy but what is the best way to get practical IT experience, particularly in the realm of network administration and cyber security?

I'm currently enrolled in a cyber security degree program and would like to eventually make the jump from the military to IT. As I am currently not in an IT career field, I find it hard to imagine being able to get the practical experience in order to transition comfortably. #it...

#information-technology #cybersecurity

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Jan 05 186 views

What should my next steps be upon acquiring my first professional role? What should I be doing now to become an expert in my field, specifically cybersecurity?

I am currently in my last quarter of my masters degree program and have accepted my first professional cyber security role. I want to ensure that I create a solid foundation for my career and do everything possible to become a knowledgeable expert in my field. #cybersecurity #network security...

#career

Lavon A.’s Avatar
Lavon A. Dec 20, 2019 143 views

How can I get experience in cyber security while I am studying to get certifications?

I am a business student wanting to start a Cybersecurity business. #cybersecurity #business...

#entrepreneur

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 200 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#undecided #major #computer_science #medicine #biology #cybersecurity #journalism #english #university

Sumaiya Z.’s Avatar
Sumaiya Z. Sep 11, 2019 133 views

How do you manage and practice your emotional intelligence on a daily basis at work? How do you maintain a balanced work-life that leads to success at work and in personal life?

An young pioneer woman who is working hard everyday in order to succeed and accomplish all her goals. Also, learning the skills and certifications in order to prosper in Information Technology. #success #technology #ambitious #cybersecurity...

#hardwork

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Sep 06, 2019 185 views

Which Online Unitveristy for Cyber should I choose ?

Hello fellows, I have decided to get a bachelor's into Cybersecuirty, but I've been confusing with three (3) online universities which one of them has strong curriculum for Cyber, so I listed links of the three universities hereunder and I am looking for expertise or for anyone who has IT...

#cyber #university #college-admissions #career #college-major #cybersecurity

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Jul 02, 2019 146 views

I am considering Cybersecurity Bachelor's degree should I follow DHS program accrediation ?

I am seeking an online Bachelor degree in Cybersecurity, do I need The recognition of National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) if I live outside of the United state ? because I have seen some degrees do not have designation from these agencies, in the other...

#college #degree #college-major #cybersecurity #information-technology

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jul 28, 2018 367 views
Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 387 views

Which math is the most helpful in the field of Computer Science

I am planning on attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) as a freshman this fall to study Computer Science and when reviewing course requirements, I saw that there was an open spot for math meaning I could fill it with any math of my choice. Other required math courses were Probability...

#cyber-security #college #computerscience #cybersecurity #appdeveloper #wpi #math

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 466 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

#cybersec #technology #infosec #cybersecurity #cyber #cyber-security #computerscience #compsci

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Jan 17, 2018 385 views
Jacqueline S.’s Avatar
Jacqueline S. Jan 16, 2018 431 views

What is the most important thing I should consider before I start a career in cyber security ?

We live in a world that relies on the internet. I think that people do this without thinking about the issues being involved. This includes a business, company or individuals. I’m really interested in cyber security and I want to know more #technology #cybersecurity #information-technology...

#cyber-security

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 428 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

#mobile-applications #technology #cybersecurity #cyber-security #career-goals #gaming #social-media #gaming-industry

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Nov 29, 2017 417 views

What can I do to prepare and acquire a cyber security internship?

I'm halfway through my first year in my Cyber Security Master's program and I want to take any necessary steps to obtain the experience that I need to acquire a great job after graduation. I've never had any experience with applying to internships, specifically in cyber security and related...

#cyber-security #cyber #cybersecurity #internships #cybersecurity-workforce-development #cyber-crime #information-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Oct 30, 2017 5986 views

Does Cyber Security require alot of math?

Lets just say I am no math buff, It has to be my worst subject. I have always had a hard time with mathematics,and I am curious is Cyber Security require alot of math or not. #cybersecurity #computer-security #computer-networking #computer-and-network-security...

#cyber-security

Eric B.’s Avatar
Eric B. Feb 07, 2017 618 views

What is the best path for a student of information technology or related field that wishes to start a career in Information Security?

I am graduating soon, and want to work in Information Security. What certifications, if any, are required/appropriate? Should I get programming work experience before attempting to move into Information Security? Is there any other advice that you can give that might help me break into the...

#cyber-security #cybersecurity #information-security