Career Questions tagged Cybersecurity

Joseph N.’s Avatar
Joseph N. Jun 07 64 views

what is the hardest obstacle in armed/unarmed security? How do you over come that obstacle?

interested in security and wanting to learn more about this field. What certificates are recommended and/or needed.

James M.’s Avatar
James M. May 04 145 views

What is the best part of being a Information Security Analyst?

Need more information on this.

James M.’s Avatar
James M. May 04 145 views

Is there any travel in being an Information Security Analyst

Need more information.

James M.’s Avatar
James M. May 04 134 views

How much work is envolved with being a Information Security Analyst

Need more information.

James M.’s Avatar
James M. May 03 143 views

What is the most money you can make as a Information Security Analyst?

Trying to get more information.

James M.’s Avatar
James M. May 03 122 views

Why did you want to be a Information Security Analyst

Trying to get more information about this topic.

Marcus W.’s Avatar
Marcus W. May 03 105 views

What other careers can you get into with skills from cybersecurity?

I want to get into cyber security, and I've gotten good advice so far. But if for some reason, the career ends up not working for me, what other careers can I pursue with those same skills?

James M.’s Avatar
James M. Apr 29 149 views

Information Security Analyst

What is the most money you can make as a Information Security Analyst? Why did you want to be a Information Security Analyst? How much work is involved with being a Information Security Analyst? Is there any travel in being a Information Security Analyst What do you like about being a...

Marcus W.’s Avatar
Marcus W. Apr 28 121 views

How difficult is it to learn javascript and get into cybersecurity?

How hard is it to pursue Cybersecurity as a profession if you really want to do it as a career for the rest of your working life?

Venus P.’s Avatar
Venus P. Apr 26 128 views

Can you get a job in cybersecurity with just tech certificates instead of pursing a bachelors.

Going to college is time-consuming (4 years) and expensive. Would I be able to break into tech with just certificates and experience? If so what certificates are good for cybersecurity?

Jerry L.’s Avatar
Jerry L. Apr 12 120 views

What skills, training, or certification do I need to get started in a career for network security

I'm looking for a way to get a career in networking security but I just don't know where or how to start do I need to look for an internship for networking or something?

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Mar 03 482 views

What are some common interview questions for cyber security?

I'm a recent grad interviewing for a rotational program in cyber security. I'm completing a certificate in cyber security & digital forensics but so far that's the only exposure I have to cyber security. As of now I have very basic knowledge about the following topics: sensitive data...

Danielle L.’s Avatar
Danielle L. Feb 03 177 views

For people who work in cyber security, what do you enjoy about your job?

#technology #cybersecurity #career

Cameron L.’s Avatar
Cameron L. Oct 19, 2021 380 views

How is it like being a Cyber security agent? What degree should I get in criminal justice because I want to do cyber security ? should my major be in Cybersecurity depth so I can find a Job in that field easier? Do I need a degree in IT for cybersecurity

#law-enforcement #Cybersecurity #criminal-justice #college-major #computer-science #law #UnitedStates

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared C. Oct 06, 2021 166 views

Do security pentesters work steady hours or are they basically freelance?

(I want to be transparent right up front: I'm not a student. I'm a staff member at CareerVillage.org. But I'm posting this question because although we have many questions related to #cybersecurity, we don't have this one, and I think our students would love to know the answer.) My question:...

Fakaiha Z.’s Avatar
Fakaiha Z. Oct 03, 2021 348 views

How should I independently prepare for a future degree and career in computer science while still in high school?

I'm currently a junior in high school, doing IB. Most of my IB subjects are irrelevant to CS (English, French, chemistry, biology, philosophy, psychology) except for math. In math, I am learning algebra, functions, geometry and trigonometry, probability and statistics, and calculus. So aside...

Sam S.’s Avatar
Sam S. Jun 29, 2021 359 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

somkid L.’s Avatar
somkid L. Jun 24, 2021 221 views

Degree vs Certificate

When comes to getting an education in the field of Cybersecurity, is it better to get a certificate in the field, such as the Comptia security+, or a bachelors degree in Cybersecurity. I want some thoughts on this question and want to know what do you have as your education when you start your...

somkid L.’s Avatar
somkid L. Jun 23, 2021 355 views

What is the best path to a cybersecurity?

Receive my associate degrees in computer science this year and looking for a cyber security job in the future. Therefore I want to know the best way to this career path.

#Cybersecurity
#IT

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Apr 13, 2021 832 views

Is Purdue University GLOBAL worth it

Hi, I am 18 years old.I just finished high school in May 2020. I was planning to attend Purdue Global to get my bachelor of cybersecurity. Does anyone know if this school is worth it? Can I get a job with a degree from Purdue Global?
#high-school #cybersecurity #job #purdue #indiana #tech

Aayush R.’s Avatar
Aayush R. Jan 29, 2021 798 views

What should I do before I consider a career in cyber security?

#technology
#cybersecurity

Candice S.’s Avatar
Candice S. Jan 13, 2021 283 views

How can I gain experience?

I am a grad student searching for opportunities that I can gain skills and knowledge from #volunteer #cybersecurity #humantrafficking

Vidhi K.’s Avatar
Vidhi K. Dec 12, 2020 585 views

I want to work in cybersecurity, which is the best ~ Computer Science or Information Technology? Please help. I am confused

I want to work as a cybersecurity enginner. Which major is better IT or Computer Science.
#international-affairs #computerscience #college #majors #career #informationtechnology #cybersecurity

Naga Venkat P.’s Avatar
Naga Venkat P. Jul 29, 2020 311 views

Can someone provide me with Validity of CISSP and CCNA certifications in networking field? #July20

Pursuing my masters in information security and also i am the current vice president external for Concordia GSA #cybersecurity

Kelly W.’s Avatar
Kelly W. Jul 18, 2020 696 views

I am studying Business Management and digital marketing. I need suggestions whether I should take Masters in Cybersecurity or Data Science?

I do not have a very technical background but I have basic knowledge on HTML and Java. So I am confuse which master degree is best for me? which is more challenging and which has better job prospect and higher salary? Thank you and I hope someone can give me advice:) #job #masters #employment...

Sibel O.’s Avatar
Sibel O. Jul 17, 2020 345 views

What do you find exciting about working in cybersecurity?

What kind of people do you think should go into this field?
#technology #cybersecurity #JULY20

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Jul 17, 2020 468 views

How much training do you receive on a full time cyber security job?

There are a plethora of different cyber security jobs out there, with much to learn as you are being introduced to the many different concepts of cyber security. After accepting a full time cyber security position, how much/what kind of training do you typically receive starting into your...

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 08, 2020 372 views

What are the best colleges in the world that teach cyber security?

#teacher #computer-engineering #teaching #cybersecurity

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04, 2020 1044 views

What is ICND 1 and ICND 2,and how it is related to CCNA?

#cisco #cisco certification #network #entry level #networking #cybersecurity

Curt L.’s Avatar
Curt L. Apr 20, 2020 479 views

Reading and learning the material from a book is easy but what is the best way to get practical IT experience, particularly in the realm of network administration and cyber security?

I'm currently enrolled in a cyber security degree program and would like to eventually make the jump from the military to IT. As I am currently not in an IT career field, I find it hard to imagine being able to get the practical experience in order to transition comfortably. #IT...