Career Questions tagged Cybersecurity

Addison’s Avatar
Addison Sep 22 75 views

What is working in Computing and Networking like?

I'm pretty interested in computers and technology. I've built a PC and I found I really enjoyed doing it and wanted to build computers and fix computers as a career. I have also looked into cyber security.

Dale’s Avatar
Dale Sep 08 94 views

3.can you describe a typical work day? #cybersecurity

I'm Interested in knowing how a typical day as a cyber security specialist would be like.

Dale’s Avatar
Dale Sep 08 105 views

2.what kind of problems will i encounter in during my time there as an employee of a cybersecurity company. #cybersecurity

I love to work alone leave me be please thank you

Dale’s Avatar
Dale Sep 08 94 views

1. What will be my primary responsibilities as an employee of a cybersecurity company / business #cybersecurity

I love to work alone.

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Sep 07 87 views

If I want to become a Cybersecurity Analyst, what should I get my bachelors in?

(Asking for my brother) Should I get my bachelors in computer information sciences, IT, or computer science? I was also considering my bachelors with an undergraduate cybersecurity certificate? Will I get a job if I have this combo?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Aug 10 172 views

What is the best associates degree to get before getting a bachelor's degree in cybersecurity?

Both my younger brother and sister want to earn their associate's degree in cybersecurity, However, I'm concerned that they will be unable to find jobs after graduating with only their associate's degree. I've researched cybersecurity jobs, and discovered that most, if not all require at least...

Daniel’s Avatar
Daniel Jul 28 249 views

How common are promotional opportunities in the field of Cyber Security (e.g: promotion wise)

Hello my name is Daniel I am a current Cyber Security prospect and would appreciate information on how consistent or common promotional opportunities are.

Any information helps, Thank you for your time.

Isaac’s Avatar
Isaac Jul 14 114 views

What type of cyber security programs should I be learning as a junior in college

Hi, I'm a cyber security major in college right now, I wanted to know what type of programs or languages I should be learning on my own separate time. Right now I start Linux soon, and some other data information security program.

Isaac’s Avatar
Isaac Jun 28 240 views

Career Path to the FBI

Hello, I was trying to figure out the best way to get on a career path to the FBI, Im majoring in Information Technology with a focus in cyber security, and I love to travel as well. So was just wanting some advice on that

Joseph’s Avatar
Joseph Jun 07 197 views

what is the hardest obstacle in armed/unarmed security? How do you over come that obstacle?

interested in security and wanting to learn more about this field. What certificates are recommended and/or needed.

James’s Avatar
James May 04 232 views

What is the best part of being a Information Security Analyst?

Need more information on this.

James’s Avatar
James May 04 244 views

Is there any travel in being an Information Security Analyst

Need more information.

James’s Avatar
James May 04 203 views

How much work is envolved with being a Information Security Analyst

Need more information.

James’s Avatar
James May 03 234 views

What is the most money you can make as a Information Security Analyst?

Trying to get more information.

James’s Avatar
James May 03 186 views

Why did you want to be a Information Security Analyst

Trying to get more information about this topic.

Marcus’s Avatar
Marcus May 03 167 views

What other careers can you get into with skills from cybersecurity?

I want to get into cyber security, and I've gotten good advice so far. But if for some reason, the career ends up not working for me, what other careers can I pursue with those same skills?

James’s Avatar
James Apr 29 192 views

Information Security Analyst

What is the most money you can make as a Information Security Analyst? Why did you want to be a Information Security Analyst? How much work is involved with being a Information Security Analyst? Is there any travel in being a Information Security Analyst What do you like about being a...

Marcus’s Avatar
Marcus Apr 28 234 views

How difficult is it to learn javascript and get into cybersecurity?

How hard is it to pursue Cybersecurity as a profession if you really want to do it as a career for the rest of your working life?

Venus’s Avatar
Venus Apr 26 195 views

Can you get a job in cybersecurity with just tech certificates instead of pursing a bachelors.

Going to college is time-consuming (4 years) and expensive. Would I be able to break into tech with just certificates and experience? If so what certificates are good for cybersecurity?

Jerry’s Avatar
Jerry Apr 12 185 views

What skills, training, or certification do I need to get started in a career for network security

I'm looking for a way to get a career in networking security but I just don't know where or how to start do I need to look for an internship for networking or something?

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Mar 03 733 views

What are some common interview questions for cyber security?

I'm a recent grad interviewing for a rotational program in cyber security. I'm completing a certificate in cyber security & digital forensics but so far that's the only exposure I have to cyber security. As of now I have very basic knowledge about the following topics: sensitive data...

Danielle’s Avatar
Danielle Feb 03 223 views

For people who work in cyber security, what do you enjoy about your job?

#technology #cybersecurity #career

Cameron’s Avatar
Cameron Oct 19, 2021 431 views

How is it like being a Cyber security agent? What degree should I get in criminal justice because I want to do cyber security ? should my major be in Cybersecurity depth so I can find a Job in that field easier? Do I need a degree in IT for cybersecurity

#law-enforcement #Cybersecurity #criminal-justice #college-major #computer-science #law #UnitedStates

Jared Chung’s Avatar
Jared Oct 06, 2021 196 views

Do security pentesters work steady hours or are they basically freelance?

(I want to be transparent right up front: I'm not a student. I'm a staff member at CareerVillage.org. But I'm posting this question because although we have many questions related to #cybersecurity, we don't have this one, and I think our students would love to know the answer.) My question:...

Fakaiha’s Avatar
Fakaiha Oct 03, 2021 414 views

How should I independently prepare for a future degree and career in computer science while still in high school?

I'm currently a junior in high school, doing IB. Most of my IB subjects are irrelevant to CS (English, French, chemistry, biology, philosophy, psychology) except for math. In math, I am learning algebra, functions, geometry and trigonometry, probability and statistics, and calculus. So aside...

Sam’s Avatar
Sam Jun 29, 2021 402 views

Which one: Web Development, Cyber Security, Digital Forensics, IT Consulting?

I've looked into these 4 fields/jobs, read about and watched videos on them and even took a course or two on some (basic intro level courses). They all seem very interesting. Currently I'm working in the web development field and I like it but also want to try the others as well. I think this...

somkid’s Avatar
somkid Jun 24, 2021 256 views

Degree vs Certificate

When comes to getting an education in the field of Cybersecurity, is it better to get a certificate in the field, such as the Comptia security+, or a bachelors degree in Cybersecurity. I want some thoughts on this question and want to know what do you have as your education when you start your...

somkid’s Avatar
somkid Jun 23, 2021 459 views

What is the best path to a cybersecurity?

Receive my associate degrees in computer science this year and looking for a cyber security job in the future. Therefore I want to know the best way to this career path.

#Cybersecurity
#IT

Vidhi’s Avatar
Vidhi Apr 13, 2021 952 views

Is Purdue University GLOBAL worth it

Hi, I am 18 years old.I just finished high school in May 2020. I was planning to attend Purdue Global to get my bachelor of cybersecurity. Does anyone know if this school is worth it? Can I get a job with a degree from Purdue Global?
#high-school #cybersecurity #job #purdue #indiana #tech

Aayush’s Avatar
Aayush Jan 29, 2021 862 views

What should I do before I consider a career in cyber security?

#technology
#cybersecurity