Career Questions tagged Cybersecurity

Kota U.’s Avatar
Kota U. Jun 04 87 views
Curt L.’s Avatar
Curt L. Apr 20 129 views

Reading and learning the material from a book is easy but what is the best way to get practical IT experience, particularly in the realm of network administration and cyber security?

I'm currently enrolled in a cyber security degree program and would like to eventually make the jump from the military to IT. As I am currently not in an IT career field, I find it hard to imagine being able to get the practical experience in order to transition comfortably. #it...

#cybersecurity #information-technology

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Jan 05 154 views

What should my next steps be upon acquiring my first professional role? What should I be doing now to become an expert in my field, specifically cybersecurity?

I am currently in my last quarter of my masters degree program and have accepted my first professional cyber security role. I want to ensure that I create a solid foundation for my career and do everything possible to become a knowledgeable expert in my field. #cybersecurity #network security...

#career

Lavon A.’s Avatar
Lavon A. Dec 20, 2019 127 views

How can I get experience in cyber security while I am studying to get certifications?

I am a business student wanting to start a Cybersecurity business. #cybersecurity #business...

#entrepreneur

Mariam A.’s Avatar
Mariam A. Dec 18, 2019 166 views

What should I do in order to simplify my preference if I have several majors in mind that are very different?

As I explored more majors and explored all my interests and how I could pursue them, I settled on a couple which I was told is expected. The thing is my options are extremely varied and do not relate to each other at all which is now causing a problem as i'm choosing my classes for my future...

#computer_science #biology #major #university #english #cybersecurity #journalism #medicine #undecided

Sumaiya Z.’s Avatar
Sumaiya Z. Sep 11, 2019 116 views

How do you manage and practice your emotional intelligence on a daily basis at work? How do you maintain a balanced work-life that leads to success at work and in personal life?

An young pioneer woman who is working hard everyday in order to succeed and accomplish all her goals. Also, learning the skills and certifications in order to prosper in Information Technology. #success #technology #ambitious #cybersecurity...

#hardwork

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Sep 06, 2019 162 views

Which Online Unitveristy for Cyber should I choose ?

Hello fellows, I have decided to get a bachelor's into Cybersecuirty, but I've been confusing with three (3) online universities which one of them has strong curriculum for Cyber, so I listed links of the three universities hereunder and I am looking for expertise or for anyone who has IT...

#cyber #university #college-admissions #cybersecurity #career #college-major

Moe A.’s Avatar
Moe A. Jul 02, 2019 130 views

I am considering Cybersecurity Bachelor's degree should I follow DHS program accrediation ?

I am seeking an online Bachelor degree in Cybersecurity, do I need The recognition of National Security Agency (NSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) if I live outside of the United state ? because I have seen some degrees do not have designation from these agencies, in the other...

#degree #college #information-technology #cybersecurity #college-major

Anthony W.’s Avatar
Anthony W. Jul 28, 2018 340 views
Ralph P.’s Avatar
Ralph P. May 22, 2018 369 views

Which math is the most helpful in the field of Computer Science

I am planning on attending Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) as a freshman this fall to study Computer Science and when reviewing course requirements, I saw that there was an open spot for math meaning I could fill it with any math of my choice. Other required math courses were Probability...

#college #appdeveloper #cybersecurity #wpi #computerscience #math #cyber-security

Jordyn M.’s Avatar
Jordyn M. Apr 24, 2018 432 views

Computer science vs Cybersecurity BS?

My school offers a BS in Computer Science and a BS in Cybersecurity. No specializations, they are their own separate BS degrees. They offer similar classes in the beginning, but then change and become more focused near the end. I am wanting to know, if anyone knows, what each field is like? For...

#infosec #cyber #cyber-security #computerscience #cybersec #cybersecurity #compsci #technology

Harry B.’s Avatar
Harry B. Jan 17, 2018 363 views
Jacqueline S.’s Avatar
Jacqueline S. Jan 16, 2018 411 views

What is the most important thing I should consider before I start a career in cyber security ?

We live in a world that relies on the internet. I think that people do this without thinking about the issues being involved. This includes a business, company or individuals. I’m really interested in cyber security and I want to know more #technology #cybersecurity #information-technology...

#cyber-security

Marcel W.’s Avatar
Marcel W. Dec 13, 2017 395 views

What do I need to do to be able to work in Cyber Security?

My name is Marcel and I´m 17 years old. I have thought about what I want to be in life and that is a couple of different things. I have thought about doing something in cybersecurity, gaming, social media, application designer, or something in the technology field relate to those categories....

#mobile-applications #gaming #cyber-security #career-goals #social-media #cybersecurity #technology #gaming-industry

Armando T.’s Avatar
Armando T. Nov 29, 2017 388 views

What can I do to prepare and acquire a cyber security internship?

I'm halfway through my first year in my Cyber Security Master's program and I want to take any necessary steps to obtain the experience that I need to acquire a great job after graduation. I've never had any experience with applying to internships, specifically in cyber security and related...

#information-security #internships #cyber-crime #cyber #cybersecurity-workforce-development #cybersecurity #cyber-security

Nickolas L.’s Avatar
Nickolas L. Oct 30, 2017 5821 views

Does Cyber Security require alot of math?

Lets just say I am no math buff, It has to be my worst subject. I have always had a hard time with mathematics,and I am curious is Cyber Security require alot of math or not. #cybersecurity #computer-security #computer-networking #computer-and-network-security...

#cyber-security

Eric B.’s Avatar
Eric B. Feb 07, 2017 594 views

What is the best path for a student of information technology or related field that wishes to start a career in Information Security?

I am graduating soon, and want to work in Information Security. What certifications, if any, are required/appropriate? Should I get programming work experience before attempting to move into Information Security? Is there any other advice that you can give that might help me break into the...

#information-security #cybersecurity #cyber-security