Career Questions tagged Computer Engineering

Nandhini R.’s Avatar
Nandhini R. Apr 28, 2016

How do I become a computer engineer?

Hi i am nandhini i am studying in 10 standard my career computer engineer my question is how to become the computer engineer? #computer-software #engineering #computer-software #computer-engineering #computer-hardware...

#software-engineering

farheen B.’s Avatar
farheen B. May 02, 2016

I am interested in Computer Engineering but I don t know what courses there are.

what courses are there when i complete my school? #computer-software...

#computer-engineering

Shawn K.’s Avatar
Shawn K. May 13, 2016

Which Computer Engineering-related careers are in high demand in the current economy?

I am curious about what I should be gearing towards, for the advancement of a career. #computer-science #computer-software #engineering #computer-engineering...

#software-engineering

Mohammad A.’s Avatar
Mohammad A. Mar 06, 2017

How crucial is the choice of the thesis vs. non-thesis option in the Master's degree?

I am a graduate student in Electrical Engineering who opted for the non-thesis option in order to avoid the uncertainty of the time of graduation that is associated with the thesis option. However, I am also planning to pursue a PhD in the future and I have heard how not choosing the thesis...

#science-phd #engineer #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #software-engineering #phd #computer-engineering

Rahma W.’s Avatar
Rahma W. Feb 06, 2017

Can somone recommend some universities offering computer engineering in any country that is affordable?

I am close to graduate high school and am searching for an affordable university that offers bachelor's of computer engineering. #computer-software #computer-engineering #scholarships #software-engineering #study-abroad #university-applications...

#student-development

Rahma W.’s Avatar
Rahma W. Feb 06, 2017

Is computer engineering a better career or Dentistry?

I am almost a UNiveristy student and i dont know what to choose #professional #university #computer-engineering...

#dentistry

Sarmad A.’s Avatar
Sarmad A. Nov 19, 2016

What jobs can I get at a big global company with a computer science degree as soon as I graduate?

I like Programming especially HTML ,CSS ! And i hear that the pay is good and there a lot of jobs out for computer science students. #computer-science #engineering...

#computer-engineering

Ellen K.’s Avatar
Ellen K. Oct 30, 2016

What is the difference between computer-engineering and computer-science?

Since I want to decide which one would fit me better before I go into college, I want to weigh out the differences. #computer-science...

#computer-engineering

Ellen K.’s Avatar
Ellen K. Oct 30, 2016

Which liberal arts university is known for computer-engineering or the engineering field?

I want to go into a small liberal arts college and would like to know some that specialize in the majors that I am looking for. #computer-science...

#computer-engineering

Jacob D.’s Avatar
Jacob D. Oct 30, 2016

Do many of the required engineering courses for different engineering majors overlap?

I know that I want to major in engineering, but I am currently uncertain as to what specific major I want. If I get into college and decide to change my major from one field of engineering to another, how well do the classes overlap? Do I really have to know what specific field I want to go...

#computer-science #college #electrical-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #materials-science #computer-engineering #biomedical-engineering

Allison H.’s Avatar
Allison H. Oct 30, 2016

What is a good way to find out as to which engineering pathway I want to go into?

I am a high school student, and I tend to do well in math and science classes. I enjoy them as well, so I am considering going to college for an engineering degree, but there are so many types of engineering! What is a good way to get exposure to many of the different pathways so that I have a...

#civil-engineering #industrial-engineering #mechanical-engineering #engineering #electrical-engineering #software-engineering #chemical-engineering #computer-engineering

Ethan B.’s Avatar
Ethan B. Oct 30, 2016

How often do you learn something new compared to using previous knowledge?

As an engineer, how much of your time is spent using what you have previously learned and applying it? How much of your time is spent learning new material within your field? #engineering #computer #mechanical-engineering #computer-engineering...

#physics

Susan H.’s Avatar
Susan H. Oct 30, 2016

What are the differences between a computer science and a computer engineering degree in regards to careers?

I am having trouble choosing between a computer science and a computer engineering degree. I understand the difference is a few classes. Yet what are the differences in opportunity between the two? #engineering #computer-engineering #computers...

#computerscience

Fabrizio C.’s Avatar
Fabrizio C. Oct 27, 2016

What is the average day of a computer hardware engineer?

I want to explore my options as to what type of engineer I would like to become. #computer-engineering...

#computer-hardware

Tyler M.’s Avatar
Tyler M. Oct 26, 2016

How did you become an Engineer?

In more detail, I would like to know what degree you were going for and why it interests you, as well as how much scholarship money you received and how you got it. I would also like to know if being an Engineer is worth carrying a bunch of stress. One more thing, if you could redo things in...

#nuclear-engineering #aerospace-engineering #industrial-engineering #engineering #mechanical-engineering #software-engineering #chemical-engineering #computer-engineering

Roland A.’s Avatar
Roland A. Oct 26, 2016

What colleges are good in looking into Computer Engineering?

I was looking into colleges and for the major of Computer Engineering, which college has the edge over the other ones?...

#computer-engineering

Roland A.’s Avatar
Roland A. Oct 26, 2016

As a Computer Engineer, what should you start doing in high school to start preparing for your future?

I'm interested in this field and would like to know what I should start doing now to start prepping for my future....

#computer-engineering

Blade B.’s Avatar
Blade B. Oct 26, 2016

Do Computer Engineers actually use Mathematics in everyday life?

I'm a high school student, and love math, but does the career I'm trying to pursue in actually even use it? #computer-science #computer-software #engineer #computer-engineering...

#computer-hardware

Blade B.’s Avatar
Blade B. Oct 26, 2016

As a computer Engineer, which would you insist to pursue a life-time career in? Hardware or Software?

High School student, deciding if I should do hardware or software in computer engineering. #computer-software #computer #computer-engineering #computer-programming...

#computer-hardware

Ashly L.’s Avatar
Ashly L. Oct 26, 2016

If I go on a study abroad to China, can I still qualify for a security clearance so that I can work for a defense contractor?

I am eligible for a really good scholarship. It requires you to go on a study abroad program to China for 3 weeks. Will this disqualify me for a security clearance? I have heard good things about being a computer engineer for a defense contractor. Does anyone have advice on whether it is...

#state-department #computer-engineering

Ellen K.’s Avatar
Ellen K. Oct 26, 2016

What is computer engineering? What kind of occupation can you get with this major?

I am interested in majoring in computer engineering and want to know what it is. #computer-science...

#computer-engineering

Ellen K.’s Avatar
Ellen K. Oct 26, 2016

Which colleges have prestigious computer engineering programs?

I think that knowing my options as someone who wants to go in this path is a good way to get started when considering different colleges to go to. #computer-science...

#computer-engineering

Will S.’s Avatar
Will S. Oct 25, 2016

Should I get a bachelor, double major, or masters?

To stay competitive in the work force and earn a high salary, which route should I take regarding my degree. I had three options: 1. Get a bachelor's in Computer Engineering and either do an internship or a co-op during college. 2. I major in Computer Engineering and Electrical Engineering or...

#computer-science #computer-engineering #electrical-engineering

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Oct 25, 2016

What are the most enjoyable things of being an engineer?

I am very interested in the engineering field, after my older sister began to start leaning towards majoring in it. As a freshman, I don't have to choose just yet, which is why I wanted to keep my options open. STEM seems like a very interesting and rewarding topic to work in. My best friend is...

#engineering #mechanical-engineering #computer-engineering #software-engineering

Lauren S.’s Avatar
Lauren S. Oct 25, 2016

What are the most challenging things in trying to engineer new products or technologies?

I am a freshman in high school; thus, I have a little while to think about my possible career paths. I have always wanted to go into the medical field until recently, when engineering caught my eye. I always see companies coming up with the newest technologies that can do extraordinary things...

Jonathan L.’s Avatar
Jonathan L. Oct 25, 2016

When choosing a field of study would you prefer Computer Engineering or Computer Science?

I am applying to college and can't decide if I want to pursue Computer Engineering or Computer Science. I think I would enjoy both, so I'm considering a double major. Any advice would be appreciated. #computer-science #computer...

#computer-engineering

Keon H.’s Avatar
Keon H. Oct 23, 2016

What are a couple of things that a Computer Engineer will do on a daily basis as a job?

What I intend on Majoring in college is Computer Engineering, but I would like to know what type of expectations I should set going into this Career. #computer-science #computer-software #computer-engineering...

#computer-hardware

Matt W.’s Avatar
Matt W. Oct 23, 2016