Career Questions tagged College Admissions

College admissions are the process of requesting approval to attend whichever college was applied to. For more information, please read below.

Hadi D.’s Avatar
Hadi D. Feb 22, 2017 544 views

How do you know if your chosen college provides quality education?

I'm asking this question as a candidate of college student. #college #studying-tips #college-admissions...

#higher-education

Sam T.’s Avatar
Sam T. May 21, 2016 612 views

What do colleges and universities look for in applicants?

I've always been told that you should be a "well-rounded" person if you want to get accepted to a good college, but that has never made sense to me. If I was a part of a college board I'd want students that excelled in a field that they are passionate about and would rather them be great in...

#university #college #college-admissions #students #application

Gloria S.’s Avatar
Gloria S. Oct 01, 2016 519 views

What is the first step I can take if I have decided that I will take my chances and apply to Stanford the following year?

I am a rising junior in my high school and I know that it is a really long shot that I could ever end up going there. However, I like to have a little faith that I can apply and hope that the college admissions office over there accepts me. I do not even know what to do now though. I take the...

#college-selection #college #engineering #stanford #college-admissions #university-applications

Pallas-Amenah M.’s Avatar
Pallas-Amenah M. May 24, 2016 399 views

The college I will attend in the Fall wants me to be a "walk on" for track. I never requested to participate in sports.; I would like to concentrate on my studies. Should I do it, or should I concentrate on my studies?

I was the 2015 State Champion for JV Girls Cross Country (Independent Schools). I also hold my school's record for the 400 meter event. I need more scholarships, but I really want to concentrate on my studies. I do not want to lose the scholarships I already have. #college #career...

#college-admissions #running #college-advice

Atenas O.’s Avatar
Atenas O. May 24, 2016 575 views

Is it better and cheaper to go to a out of state college if I live in California?

I have compared the prices of colleges in and out of state and I realize that it would be cheaper to leave the state. However, I am unsure whether this will be a good choice or not. #college #college-admissions #career...

#higher-education

Muhammad J.’s Avatar
Muhammad J. May 24, 2016 501 views

What is the best way to transfer into a UC school?

Attending UCI next year, but was wondering how can I make it easy for myself if I wanted to transfer to a different UC school. #california #transfer #college...

#college-admissions

Sydnie R.’s Avatar
Sydnie R. May 24, 2016 424 views

When should I start visiting colleges?

Should I visit before I apply, like in the summer after my junior year? Or after I apply and get accepted? Because why would I visit a place that might not accept me? #campus-visit #college-admissions...

#college-selection

emma H.’s Avatar
emma H. May 23, 2016 412 views

What is a good way to tell what college is best for you?

I'm asking because I have a couple in mind but can't decide which one would be better for me. #college #college-admissions #career...

#higher-education

Aisha R.’s Avatar
Aisha R. May 22, 2016 404 views

Is a Humanities Transfer program or a Social Science Transfer program good for a Psychology major?

I'm going to a two-year college then transfer to a 4 year college and I want to know which transfer programs would be a perfect match. #psychology #college-transfer #college...

#college-admissions

Raina R.’s Avatar
Raina R. May 20, 2016 454 views

Have there been any recent student protests on many campuses lately? What were they protesting, and how did staff and faculty respond?

I am asking this question because I take great interest in what is going on around me, and if it is acceptable, justifiable and will affect my life or the lives of the people around me in a positive way i will not hesitate to support it. #staff #faculty #protest #protests #higher-education...

#college-admissions #college

jeanene C.’s Avatar
jeanene C. May 19, 2016 438 views

What University is good to attend for soccer players ?

I asked this Question because I want to be a professional soccer player. #soccer #sports #athletics #higher-education #college...

#college-admissions

Sydney W.’s Avatar
Sydney W. Aug 12, 2016 425 views

What activities should I be participating in in high school to be able to apply for an undergraduate degree used to get into medical school?

I want to be a neurosurgeon and am overwhelmed with the amount of colleges I could apply to for undergrad. I am currently leading two different sections of the robotics team at my school and am thinking about taking summer classes to become an EMT to get hands on-experience in the medical...

#college #academic-advising #medical-student #physician #college-admissions #surgeon #college-selection #undergraduate

Brittany S.’s Avatar
Brittany S. Aug 16, 2016 330 views

If you went to TCU, what do you think got you into that college?

I am applying for TCU and I want to know what it takes to be accepted. #tcu-graduate #tcu-undergraduate #college...

#college-admissions

Diara W.’s Avatar
Diara W. May 18, 2016 476 views
Morgan B.’s Avatar
Morgan B. Oct 19, 2016 482 views

Do medical magnet programs help getting into college?

If I am pursuing a pre medical program, will colleges favor someone who has taken a medical magnet all four years of high school? #college #medicine #college-recruiting #academic-advising #college-recruiting...

#college-admissions

Madison J.’s Avatar
Madison J. May 13, 2016 408 views

How are running start credits applied?

I have running start credits from high school and want to know how UNH (univ of New Hamshire) plans on applying them to my college courses. #scholarship #higher-education #college...

#college-admissions

Shelby S.’s Avatar
Shelby S. May 13, 2016 435 views

What are the benifits of being honors at a private college?

I have applied and am waiting for acceptance into the honors program at my college and would like to know how the academics might differ. #honor #college #college-admissions #career...

#higher-education

Jonovin K.’s Avatar
Jonovin K. May 12, 2016 399 views

What do I need to attend San Jose State University?

i have chosen to go to San Jose State to get my education. How can I achieve my dream? #college #career #career-counseling...

#college-admissions

Daija P.’s Avatar
Daija P. May 09, 2016 555 views

How do I go about getting my college in mind do recognize me ?

I am planning ahead for my future in college and would love to learn more about the application process. #college #college-admissions #college-advice #higher-education...

#career

Olivia F.’s Avatar
Olivia F. May 06, 2016 485 views

What are some good scholarships that can help me pay for grad school?

Grad school is expensive and I need all the help i can get. #guidance-counselor #college #college-admissions #scholarships...

#career

Student Voices by CV ..’s Avatar
Student Voices by CV .. Oct 15, 2015 1259 views

Is it common to switch majors in college several times? How many times did you change yours?

This question was asked by a young lady in Southern California who is undecided on her major. She is currently applying to college, but she fears not graduating on time as a product of entering college without a predetermined course of study. #college-major #college-admissions #major #majors...

#college-majors #undecided #choosing-a-major

Kim D.’s Avatar
Kim D. Mar 07, 2017 766 views

When you're fresh out of college is it best to work for a while, travel, or go straight to Grad school?

I'm curious about the current state of the job market as it pertains to the hiring rate of students fresh out of college with their first Bachelor's degree. Do most employers favor new grads who've worked while in school? If so, how do students who have little work experience due to being...

#employment #hiring #recruiting #college-admissions #job-application #graduate-school #job-market #job-search #college-jobs

Ajay B.’s Avatar
Ajay B. May 30, 2017 360 views

What steps should I take into getting into a college with a good medical program?

I am currently a high school junior that is interested in the medical field. I do not know exactly what I want to peruse in the medical field but I am willing to explore options in all medical fields. I have completed an internship at my local hospital and will look to find more. This...

#medical-education #college-admissions #college #medicine

Evelyn A.’s Avatar
Evelyn A. May 24, 2016 352 views

Do colleges prefer students that don't have a 4.0 gpa, take vigorous courses and don't have a job or a student with a 4.0, volunteers monthly, and has a job and is also involved with sports?

A friend of mine is in this situation and wonders what she shall do her senior year to make her college application stand-out from the others. #college #college-admissions...

#college-applications

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. May 30, 2017 522 views

If undergraduate university does not matter, why am I being disregarded and overlooked in the job field and MBA admissions process?

I attend a fairly new, medium size, public state university. I have a 3.94 GPA and a list of involvement and service hours. I want to apply to MBA programs in about a year (after graduation,{grad. Fall 2018}), but I am wondering if the admissions officers will overlook my profile because I...

#mba #college #graduate-school #college-admissions #business

Lisa B.’s Avatar
Lisa B. May 21, 2017 429 views

Would this qualify has special circumstances for college app?

Hi, I'm currently applying to a university from a 2 year college and I want to know if this qualifies as special circumstance and how do I go about to explaining it. I'm applying for a bachelors program In biochemistry and I feel that my gpa which is a 3.3 is not as high as it should be. I was...

#college-admissions #college-major #college

Daniela O.’s Avatar
Daniela O. May 12, 2016 555 views

Are there any scholarships for students who have siblings with autism ?

I wanted to know if there were any scholarships for students that have siblings with autism. I was told that there were some but was not able to find them. #college #college-admissions #college-bound #scholarships #majors #college-jobs #college-selection...

#autism

Julia L.’s Avatar
Julia L. May 13, 2016 570 views

Does where you go to college really matter? Is money an actual valid reason for giving up your top choice school?

I have the chance to go to a decent school with a good program for free plus room and board grants, and they are also guaranteeing me a spot in their graduate school. However, I feel that the school is not for me. I feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic there, and I don't feel any connection to...

#college-selection #college-recruiting #college #college-bound #college-admissions

Annalyse N.’s Avatar
Annalyse N. May 13, 2016 677 views

What is the most important aspect to consider when attempting to choose a college?

I have been very conflicted between which schools to apply to and what factors to consider when trying to choose a school. #college #career #college-major #college-admissions #college-bound...

#college-selection