Career questions tagged college-admissions

College admissions are the process of requesting approval to attend whichever college was applied to. For more information, please read below. Read more Show less
User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Riya271 views

How do I get into UC Berkeley? What kind of students would be a good fit for this school?

As a dedicated rising junior with a passion for political science, business, and law, I'm driven by a profound interest in understanding legal systems. I aspire to leverage this passion into an undergraduate degree in political science, ultimately leading to pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. I believe in the power of change and am actively working to create change through activism. I am resourceful and determined, consistently demonstrating strong analytical capabilities and a robust work ethic. My organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently enable me to excel in both academic and extracurricular endeavors. Collaboration is one of my strengths; I thrive in team environments and am committed to leading with positivity and integrity. Thank you in advance! I hope you have a wonderful day!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Riya297 views

What part of the essay do the UC Berkeley admissions officers most appreciate, and what are some crucial elements to include?

Are there any facets to specifically include in my essay or application for UC Berkeley? What are some unique facts (i.e. UC Berkeley historical emphasis) to include in my application? As a dedicated rising junior with a passion for political science, business, and law, I'm driven by a profound interest in understanding legal systems. I aspire to leverage this passion into an undergraduate degree in political science, ultimately leading to pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. I believe in the power of change and am actively working to create change through activism. I am resourceful and determined, consistently demonstrating strong analytical capabilities and a robust work ethic. My organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently enable me to excel in both academic and extracurricular endeavors. Collaboration is one of my strengths; I thrive in team environments and am committed to leading with positivity and integrity. Thank you in advance! I hope you have a wonderful day!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lin438 views

For college admissions, does going to a uncompetitive high school lessen your chances at a T20 college?

Last year I moved schools after my 9th grade year due to personal reasons. The school that I currently go to was closer to my siblings schools and was more convenient for my parents as they both work. This was not the only reason why I moved school as there were a number of factors but the school that I currently go to is significantly less competitive then my last one. The school I currently go to has around 500 students less than my last. I would also say the student bodies themselves are less competitive in general in my current school. I am just wondering whether or not this will go against me during the college application process and whether moving schools was a mistake.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lin492 views

What types of business/finance extracurriculars should I do to strengthen my college application?

I am currently an incoming junior in high school. I am already in DECA and FBLA (I am also an officer of FBLA at my school chapter) but I feel that my extracurriculars are not strong enough for T20 colleges especially if I want to go into business. I have heard people recommend doing a internship at a local financial institution but I am not too sure where to start. Although I have taken college level business courses I am not too familiar with finance itself and would like to explore. How should I go about this?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hannah419 views

Best college program as a double-major undergrad transfer student?

I’m currently a third-year undergrad student, double majoring in Criminology & Film. I currently have 90 out of 120 credits to graduate at my current university but I have to withdraw and find a new school for personal reasons. I'm currently double-majoring in both Criminology and Film. My criminology degree falls under my university's “Justice & Law” degree, criminology being one of the concentrations (“International Terrorism” & “Legal Studies” being the other two). My film major falls under their School of Communication, as a degree in “Film & Media studies”. I was wondering if someone out there could help me find a school with classes most similar to what I’ve been studying already. I'm looking for a school that offers a Bachelor's in both Criminology & Film or something similar. I feel very overhwled! The best case scenario would be to find a school that will let me retake the least amount of courses/credits in order to graduate, since most transfer students are required to take extra courses that extend their graduation date. Any help is appreciated!

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Naqiyah436 views

Is it too late to do anything impactful for my college applications ?

I’m a rising senior applying to colleges in the fall and I’m interested in major in either biomedical engineering or biological sciences and possibly a minor in public policy.Is there anything I can do to add to my app in this short amount of time and if so what ?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sammy255 views

I just learned about a program where Stanford students are helping high schoolers get mentoring. But the process is very selective and I wonder if it’s better to get nominated by a trusted professional I know or apply myself?

What would look the best?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Lisa450 views

Question about ADN program

I found that there are prerequisite courses for getting into the ADN program, does that mean I have to take pre reqs for freshman year at college, and then apply to the ADN course?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Emily830 views

Is a job at a bakery okay if I want to be a physician assistant when I am older?

I'm currently 15 years old and an upcoming sophomore in high school. I have an idea of what I want to be but right now to gain work experience I want to work at a bakery. Will this look bad for college if a bakery job I am applying too isn't really related to what I want to pursue.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Oscar688 views

UT Austin- Finance worth it?

Hi, this is Oscar, a rising sophomore of High School, this question is for UT Austin Finance students/graduates. Does it worth it? Why? How did you get in? Any tips?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Wanisa566 views

Good day everyone. I'm 2nd year college student and I'm planning to transfer to another school and shift to another course/major this 2nd semester. I'm currently taking Bachelor of Science in Psychology and I plan on shifting to Bachelor of Science in Management Accounting or Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering. To all of those Industrial-engineering and BSMA students, I'm asking for your thoughts and advice about this one. Do you think it's a good idea? Thank you in advance for those who will respond. Have a great day ahead!

I'm from Philippines. I'm planning to transfer in Batangas State University JLPC Malvar. I'm a fast learner but ofc this majors would still give me a headache. I badly need your advice guys😭. Additional question. Which one do you guys think has more job opportunities in the Philippines, Management Accounting or Industrial-engineering?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Vanshika286 views

What do the admissions officers like to see under extra curriculars if applying under a business major in college?

I will be applying under a business major.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
SNB554 views

Do I need a "spike" in my interests for college applications?

I see a lot of advice that students should have a spike in their applications to demonstrate interests and clear focus/passion. If they want to go into computer science they should do mainly computer science related classes and extracurriculars. I want to go into biomedical engineering so I am in engineering club, doctors without borders, and science honor society. However, I am also interested in public speaking so I do mock trial, TV production, and speech and debate, but I don't plan on pursuing that as my major in college. Will this negatively affect my college applications? If it does, what should I do from here?

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
S401 views

How does ED work with financial aid from the school?

When you get accepted ED and you have to commit there, what if you don’t get the scholarships and aid big enough to attend ? - just curious

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Riya447 views

What are some good colleges offering programs in political science and business with special tracks leading to law school?

As a dedicated junior in high school with a passion for political science, business, and law, I'm driven by a profound interest in understanding legal systems. I aspire to leverage this passion into an undergraduate degree in political science, ultimately leading to pursuing a Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree. I am resourceful and determined, consistently demonstrating strong analytical capabilities and a robust work ethic. My organizational skills and ability to multitask efficiently enable me to excel in both academic and extracurricular endeavors. Collaboration is one of my strengths; I thrive in team environments and am committed to leading with positivity and integrity.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ava349 views

When should I take my gap year?

Hello there! I am a high school junior in August 2024 and want to take a gap year, but I intend to get a Psychology PhD. So should I take my gap year right out of high school or between my undergrad and PhD program? I just don't want it to be harder to get into a college because I didn't apply out of high school where I have a lot of support versus on my own after a gap year.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexandra212 views

How does two years of college compare to four?

How does financial life after four years of college compare to only two years of college. Do people hiring care a significant amount about the amount of years you have gone to college if you have skill?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Akshobya340 views

How should one approach the college supplemental essays compared to the personal statement?

Applying to college with common app

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mayla364 views

Is it too late for me to start an internship as a rising senior?

Will colleges find an internship during my senior year appealing? Should I avoid an internship and stick to maintaining good grades and my sports performance?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Annie484 views

Does this course rigor look strong for college? How many dual enrollment course should I take, and what AP? For a science major.

I’m going to be a senior in High School, I have straight A’s and have taken honors classes since ninth grade. I’ve only taken AP language so far, and I think I will only take AP Human Geography next year. I will also take dual enrollment classes. How many dual enrollment classes should I take? *I want to be a science major* Keep in mind that I go to a private school with 10 AP options including -AP psych which I can’t take because of scheduling conflicts -AP Biology (our only AP science) - AP stats, US history, Government and politics, macroeconomics, art

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
scarlette335 views

what is the time to get college admissions?

admission tips

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sonya580 views

Why is college so expensive nowadays? #Spring23

For example, Appalachian State University is 23k and change, but GTCC is only 2 grand at max for a four-year education. I understand the latter is more geared toward two-year degrees, but both are in-state and both are colleges. Do the demographics in recent years matter in the equation of cost, or is it simply size and convenience? #Spring23

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
CareerVillage Office Hours921 views

How to get special accommodations for the Bar Exam?

My daughter graduated from LSU in Louisiana with a 4.0, did three extra years in veterinarian school, has a completed veterinarian classes with another 4.0, and can’t pass the bar exam. Anyone out there have answers of how she can take the exam in two days instead of all in one day because she has ADD? Note: this question was submitted anonymously by a parent!

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sarah696 views

Why do I have to take science and math in my senior year ?

Why do I have to take science and math in my senior year? If I have already completed the necessary credit requirements. My guidance counselor said that colleges like to see that, is that true?

answer icon14 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jen1639 views

How do I be successful in the Business Major ?

I took a few gap years and need help getting back into the groove of university. What are some tips to help me stay focused in getting my 4 year degree?

answer icon47 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
neville612 views

which career choice is suitable for a creative?

love creative works

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Baoyi323 views

CC transfer to UC

I blindly selected courses in the first three semesters of CC, my GPA is very low, and some of my credits cannot be transferred. Will this reduce my chances of being accepted being accepted by good schools? What do I need to do to improve my chances of admission in the last three semesters?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fernando487 views

How many colleges can I apply to at once ?

answer icon7 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Fernando338 views

What is the difference between a bachelors and doctorates degree ?

What is the difference between an institute, a college, and a university?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
rose445 views

when will be the next college admissions?

college admissions tips

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon