Career Questions tagged College Admissions

College admissions are the process of requesting approval to attend whichever college was applied to. For more information, please read below.

Hanan M.’s Avatar
Hanan M. Nov 19, 2020 152 views

Is the new COVID college grading policy beneficial or harmful?

As a pre med student, I was wondering if the new grading policy (pass/fail versus A,B,C) would be beneficial for me or harmful? #pre-med #college-admissions #undergraduate...

#givingiscaring

Jerry D.’s Avatar
Jerry D. Oct 27, 2020 90 views

College Courses

What college classes should i take that would have the biggest effect on the succesfulness of myself and my buisness? what are some helpful classes that are extra but help you get a better idea of the economic supply chain #college-admissions...

#help

maihan S.’s Avatar
maihan S. Aug 12, 2020 178 views
Aun M.’s Avatar
Aun M. Jun 30, 2020 224 views

Is there Anyway to Turn a Passion for Networking and IT into an Extracurricular for University Applications

In my sophomore year, I took a networking class, which got me really interested in IT. Although I'm going for software engineering, I would like to showcase my passion for IT one way or another in the form of a material achievement that can be used on my University applications. Any...

#it #computer-networking #college-admissions #software-engineering #university

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Jun 17, 2020 340 views
Isabelle B.’s Avatar
Isabelle B. Jun 03, 2020 701 views

What do you wish you knew before going to college and deciding your major?

I have one more year left of high school and am currently looking into colleges and majors to decide where I will be applying to in the fall. As excited as I am for the future, I am very new to all of this and want to make the right decisions when it comes to paying for college, choosing the...

#college-major #college #college-advice #college-admissions

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12, 2020 257 views

What can I do to increase the change of a full ride scholarship?

Or bigger scholarships in general. I know they're very hard to come by, but academics are a strength of mine so I figured I'd might as well see how I could continue to increase my potential of one. #college #scholarship #college-advice...

#college-admissions

Olivia D.’s Avatar
Olivia D. May 12, 2020 191 views
dakota G.’s Avatar
dakota G. May 11, 2020 300 views

How do I start my college search as a junior?

I am a junior in high school and trying to find out colleges/universities that I am interested but do not know how to start looking. Do you have any suggestions? I know I do not like universities/colleges that feel like a city themselves. #university #college-advice #college-advice...

#collegesearch #college-admissions

Vuong B.’s Avatar
Vuong B. May 06, 2020 240 views

What are some methods to make you stand out from other students when applying to colleges?

I have good grades and do extra curriculars but many other students do as well....

#college-admissions

Aria P.’s Avatar
Aria P. Apr 27, 2020 336 views

How much emphasis do Canadian universities put on extracurriculars?

I’m a 9th grade student studying in Canada. I’ve been trying to build up a strong university application in hopes that a head start can relieve my 12th grade self of some added stress. Some resources online have said that extracurricular activities can make or break an application, but most of...

#extracurricular #college-admissions #university

Nancy O.’s Avatar
Nancy O. Apr 21, 2020 236 views

I want to finish college but...

I tried researching for scholarships, but I can not really trust any of them. I have so many time since I was in high school, now I'm a college student and I still haven't gotten any scholarships. My weakness when it comes to applying for scholarships is the essay part. I want to find a...

#technology #it #scholarship #college-admissions #informationtechnology #money #finacialsupport #financial-aid #college #housing

Eli H.’s Avatar
Eli H. Apr 12, 2020 177 views

Is doing extracurricular activities like math club or science bowl valuable for college application?s

I'm in a lot of extracurriculars right now, but they take up a lot of my time. I wonder if they're worth it....

#college-admissions