Career Questions tagged College Admissions

College admissions are the process of requesting approval to attend whichever college was applied to. For more information, please read below.

Caitlin’s Avatar
Caitlin Sep 17 64 views

What careers and college majors would you consider if these were your interests?

Not sure if it's the same for other high school students but mine has us focus on self-awareness and college prep as part of curriculum outside of working with our guidance counselors. It's part of my english class. Something we have been working on is an essay about our career interests. I am...

Kaniya’s Avatar
Kaniya Sep 16 54 views

What does being a doctor include? Do you have to do a lot of sacrificing?

Bryan’s Avatar
Bryan Sep 01 122 views

What careers do you think relate to my interests?

Hi everyone, I did some self-reflection to think about my career interests and what to study in college. I’m a high school senior looking to combine interests in public policy, law, and computer science for social impact. Areas of social impact I am interested in are income inequality, health...

Andrew’s Avatar
Andrew Aug 12 198 views

Are MOOCS good on a college application?

I was wondering if Mass Open Online Courses are good on a college application if I don't pay for a certification?

Kai’s Avatar
Kai Aug 07 182 views

Shifting courses

Hi! I'm a freshman in college and i'm thinking about shifting courses from Bachelor of science in business administration to Bachelor of science in medical technology by the end of our first sem. Is that okay? Will i go back to first year again if i do that?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 210 views

Is it advisable to take dual enrollment while I enter the senior year of high school?

My school doesn't offer many AP classes, and I'm trying to challenge myself academically. Is it advisable for me to take community college classes during my senior year, and how will it affect my college applications?

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Aug 01 94 views

Does certification improve my chances of getting into my top school?

I have 10 non-credit certifications from accredited universities like Stanford University, Harvard and USC universities, but I'm quite confused if they're really significant on college applications.

Erica’s Avatar
Erica Jul 28 215 views

What paths can a high school student take if they want to pursue a career in the medical field?

Most of my extra-curricular activities are geared towards advocacy, public health, arts and medicine. What are some tips that you can give me as I aspire to be a pediatrician?

Genevieve’s Avatar
Genevieve Jul 26 155 views

Which Kansas College/University has the best math program?

I live really close to K-State, University of Kansas, and Washburn University. I'm also open to the idea of attending Wichita University. I would prefer to attend a public college/university over a private one.

Hritwik’s Avatar
Hritwik Jul 14 167 views

I will be applying for MS from USA, can anyone suggest me on writing SOPs and LORs.

I'm looking to pursue MS in CS from USA in 2023, I'm done with tests and will start with application process. Thanks

Mahir’s Avatar
Mahir Jun 01 209 views

Getting into my Dream College

Is there even a chance for me to get into Colombia university with a major in Computer Science as an 11th grade? Is there any way too boost my chances or make myself stand out besides SAT and GPA? Any advice?

Ethan’s Avatar
Ethan May 05 264 views

What are some things that I can do to figure out what I want to major in?

I really do not know what I want to do and will take any pointers that you are willing to give me.

Kiley’s Avatar
Kiley Apr 14 299 views

How do I choose the right college?

When I get ready to go to college I want to be able to afford it, like where it is located, and be able to get the degree I want at that school.

Emily’s Avatar
Emily Apr 05 114 views

Can colleges reconsider admitting a student if the student performs poorly their second semester of senior year?

Although I’m not yet a senior, I’m worried about how I’ll perform in the future since I know a lot of seniors who’ve lost motivation their second semester.

Stephanie’s Avatar
Stephanie Mar 26 255 views

How to handle rejection

With college decisions coming out, I'm facing a lot of back-to-back rejection from schools... it's brutal this year. I'm wondering what are some ways you've dealt with it (or deal with it, if you're also getting college rejection letters)? Obviously, I got rejected from my dream school and it...

Anita’s Avatar
Anita Mar 25 244 views

Does the college I go to affect my chances of getting into Medical School?

I'm currently a sophomore, but post-high school, I plan on attending a college in the New England Region. Afterward, I aspire to attend Medical School and become a certified Pediatrician :)

Vaidehi’s Avatar
Vaidehi Mar 08 175 views

Is it important to attend the community collage ?

So if we have good GPA is it fine to directly apply to university?
#college-admissions

Samuel’s Avatar
Samuel Feb 09 210 views

I'm getting letters from colleges, but what exactly do I do?

I'm getting letters left and right from different colleges, but I have no idea what I want to go to college for yet. #college-advice #college-admissions #college-major #career

Micale’s Avatar
Micale Feb 07 227 views

what are the top 10 best and most affordable university to go too.

#university #college-admissions

Kurt Andrey’s Avatar
Kurt Andrey Feb 07 182 views

Are scholarships necessary to succeed?

High School Student #financial-aid #scholarship #college #student #college-admissions

Carmen’s Avatar
Carmen Feb 02 281 views

I would like to get a head start into college. During the summer, should I take a few General Education (GE) classes or the ones that are related to my major?

#college-major #college #college-admissions #major

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Jan 24 231 views

Course Taking Recommendations

I am currently in higher school. After this year I wanted to get into a college. But the problem is that I don't know what course should I take. I mean I wanted take a course that get a job easily and also have a good salary. How about animator is it nice but I don't know how to draw. Do you...

Jeffrey’s Avatar
Jeffrey Jan 21 232 views

How important are 12th grade second semester grades for colleges?

Looking online and asking friends and professionals, they tell me different things, such as how it doesn't matter or how important they are. The difficulty of my classes and my grades are causing a decrease in confidence, and how it will affect my colleges. #college #college-admissions...

Carmen’s Avatar
Carmen Dec 12, 2021 272 views

Which U. S. colleges have excellent tech and medical programs?

I'm a high school senior applying for colleges. Currently, I'm finishing up my last application, the Common App, and if there are colleges that fit the above criteria, please let me know! I'll gladly add them in my list. #college #college-admissions #majors

Alondra’s Avatar
Alondra Dec 12, 2021 330 views

After I get into colleges, how do I pick the best one for myself?

I'm a senior who just applied to colleges and I am now waiting for acceptance letters, #college #college-selection #college-admissions

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 437 views

Tips for getting into a top - rated college for Masters degree program?

I am interested in applying for schools on the east and west coast for my masters degree (MFT). Does anyone have tips on how to be successful in the application process? #college-admissions #college-advice #college-major #graduate-school #college #graduate

Teriyana’s Avatar
Teriyana Nov 29, 2021 224 views

If I get accepted into NYU, what are some housing resources that I can utilize?

Does anyone have any advice about East Coast housing resources? I would like to apply for NYU, and if accepted, they have a long dorm wait list. Is there any resources, nonprofits, or anything that you can recommend for semi-affordable ways for student to live off campus? Also, I would...

Genesis’s Avatar
Genesis Nov 14, 2021 317 views

How do i get more information about college other than school?

#college #college-advice #college-admissions #help #college-admissions #college-bound #help

mery’s Avatar
mery Nov 13, 2021 231 views

Do I need Ielts test for visa student to Uk? if yes ,what should my score be?

college student.
# student #college #collegestudent #UK #studentvisa #college-admissions #college-student #college-advice #college-student #college-admissions #student

Matab’s Avatar
Matab Nov 12, 2021 278 views

Requirements to study university in Malaysia? I need a 101! recommendations if possible

#university #malaysia #college-admissions #student #college