Career questions tagged music-performance

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Josiah341 views

What colleges should I consider??

I want to be a music therapist and concert pianist; where should I go to college?

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josiah364 views

Should I major in music therapy with a piano performance minor, or major in music therapy and then get a masters in piano performance from a more prestigious school?

My future career goal is to primarily be a music therapist and private music instructor, but I would also like to be a professional concert pianist, perhaps touring every summer or every other summer with a few gigs throughout the year. Technically, the only degree I need is a music therapy degree, but would a minor be necessary? Or possibly I could just major in music therapy and then maybe get a piano performance masters if I decide afterwards that I need one? Also then what college should I go to? I have met with a professional opera singer from the Met, and he emphasized connections in college and how important it is to have a recognized teacher, but I am having trouble deciding.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua624 views

Do singers get paid separately from their music royalties? If so do they get paid in wages or salary?

I was curious if singers get paid separately from music royalties and merch?

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua485 views

What are the pros and cons of being a famous singer?

I see my favorite singers in music videos dancing and on world tours and concerts singing and having a blast and making lots of money. But I’ve also seen some of my favorite singers become depressed or angry because of the public (Doja Cat). Also she said that she’s a cash cow in one of her songs and I then found out you don’t make all the money you earn and most of it goes to the record label you work for. I want a list of pros and cons to see if my dream will really not be all that great.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua531 views

How do I get connected with people in the music industry so my chances of becoming a singer are higher??

I heard that getting connection with any busy can boost your chances of getting the position you want. I want to know how to make these connections in the music industry and how to keep the relationships going.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Rei381 views

I want to be a kpop singer and join the Ive kpop group. But, my parents won't allow that and they're keep on saying that I won't get to do that. Even when I was practicing everything for what it takes to be a kpop singer and to join the Ive group for 3yrs.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Joshua306 views

How do I become a singer before 20?

I want to be a pop singer by the time I turn 20. What should I do to make sure I get a record deal by then? And when I get it how do I keep it? And how do I know which record company to choose?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Daniel343 views

How to build a career in music ?

How to build a career in music

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
mily413 views

What can i study?

I am a very brilliant and smart student, am looking for what to study in the university, i look playing music and playing computer games , i love playing football also.

answer icon6 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alexander526 views

Do you need expensive and good equipment to make music?

I don't have any microphones or anything to start recording.

answer icon10 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Josiah573 views

Does it really matter where you go to college?

I plan to major in piano and voice performance with a minor in psychology, and then start private music lessons. Does it matter where I go to college, or should I try to get into one that is more prestigious in the realm of music performance? I kind of want to go to a Christian college that is closer to home, but obviously they aren't really known for music performance so I'm just wondering what I should do.

answer icon12 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
caleb535 views

If I wanted to become a singer in a band how would I start?

I just need to know how I would start.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ary523 views

How can I become a professional musician at 13?

I make lyrics, play the drums and the guitar, and make my own choreos. I want to get better at what I do but I'm not sure how. Any advice would help.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jackson1063 views

How much does it cost to become a music major?

I want to become a music major. But, i don't know how difficult/ expensive.

answer icon9 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Cypress906 views

How do you record and publish music cost effectively with good sound quality?

Tips on recording and places to do so

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
ella384 views

?how do i become a singer

i want to be a singer. I also want to be a songwriter. I already write songs. I also take voice lessons. I would like to be very famous. I want to help people with my music.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Samir573 views

What is the best online studio for producing music?

I have an interest in music production and would like to know what is recommended for starters.

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kynleigh574 views

What is the best way to establish yourself in the music industry as an artist?

what are some events that you recommend attending? Things you recommend doing?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
olivia444 views

how to improve my playing?

I want to improve my playing in diffrent styles of music

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
tyler355 views

How to I succeed in music?

I want to know about Logic Pro and audio mixing

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jacob481 views

How can someone start their career in music composition as a novice composer?

I am a student in high school taking AP theory and other music classes. I really want to have a career in composing music, whether it be game OSTs, movie scores, or even just those silly songs in the background of advertisements. The problem is, I have no idea how to get into the industry. Like do I just find a place and apply like a normal job? Or do people have to contact me? (and how do I get them to?) If you have any answers or resources, it'd be highly appreciated 🙏🏻🙏🏻.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ben257 views

What is a good thing to start with if someone wants to pursue a career in Music?

I am currently in high school and still have a couple years to make a decision, and music has always been a passion of mine, but it seems like an overwhelming career path to pursue at the start.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Alana266 views

How do i get ownership of my music?How do I get my music noticed?

Ive been writing music and singing for years.I just started like posting it I think two ye ago. My dream is to be a professional musician performing on stage. I want to write music that can help people grow and bond with each other.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
isabella761 views

How to make your music special?

How do you make you music special/different from others? Nowadays everything's already been made and all music sounds the same. How to you keep it original?

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Miles604 views

How do I make money as a musician?

How can I start a career as a musician? I want to perform live and have a fanbase, how do I do that and make money from it? I've been interested in music and singing for most of my life and have always loved performing and I think that's what I want to do.

answer icon8 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Catherine375 views

What is the best way to go about college music auditions ?

I'm a rising senior and have played viola since 6th grade. I want to go into music education, likely becoming an orchestra teacher in the future, but am unsure of how auditions work for music education programs.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Tierra287 views

How do I get a scholarship for music?

How do I get a scholarship in music and

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Richard507 views

What is the best instrument?

I am a average musician

answer icon5 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hugo344 views

When do college musicians get paid during their 4 years?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Meghanne278 views

How do you get your foot in the door when auditioning for professional orchestras? Who can I contact to get information on auditions and music material? How can I start composing my own music? What are good websites or applications when trying to make a musical score?

I play clarinet for my school band and am currently learning Alto Saxophone. I have minimal experience in Oboe but I am planning or picking it up again as well.

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon