Career Questions tagged Music Performance

Leah’s Avatar
Leah Oct 31 110 views

Is majoring in music and going in a music career worth it?

For wanting to be in a orchestra or play classical music professionally, what would be needed to have those oppritunities? What are the things that come along with playing professionally? How would income work and how much would it look like? I'd like to travel and play with people, and maybe...

Claudia’s Avatar
Claudia Oct 04 176 views

What are the pros and cons of being an independent musician?

I want to be an independent musician and have my own label (unless a really big label wants to sign me so I can get richer) and yeah!

Kemori’s Avatar
Kemori Sep 29 98 views

How do I promote my music on a level that will help me succeed ?

How do I promote my music on a level that will help me succeed?

jordyn’s Avatar
jordyn Sep 26 138 views

can I be a professional musician without college or no?

is there a way without college to be a professional musician and have my own brand? I'm in the 11th grade and thought changing to an art or music school would be good, should I wait until college?

Mason’s Avatar
Mason Aug 26 142 views

What are the struggles of a musician

what are the struggles of a musician starting out, is it hard? is it sustainable?

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan Jun 10 188 views

Do I need a college education to proceed with becoming a Music Composer/Arranger?

Is a college education required for me to start this career?

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan Jun 10 151 views

What can I expect from being a Music Composer/Arranger

What is something that I should that I look forward to heading into this career

Rashaan’s Avatar
Rashaan May 31 148 views

What is a typical day like as a music composer/arranger?

Can you explain the type of feelings that may come with being a music composer?

Yanna’s Avatar
Yanna Apr 03 300 views

How do I become a k-pop singer?

I'M SAD BC I CAN'T SPEAK KOREAN AND I WANNA BE A K-POP SO BAD :( I WONDER HOW MY PARENTS WILL SAY THAT I WILL BE A K-POP BUT I NEED SOME TIPS NOW

Nia’s Avatar
Nia Jun 03, 2021 217 views

How do i play music professionally

#music #music-performance #career I play percussion, and I mostly prefer to play timpani and mallet percussion. I work well with reading sheet music, and I can play band, jazz, classical, and various types of world music. I'm curious about how I would go about joining a professional band...

Damaury’s Avatar
Damaury May 28, 2021 190 views

What would be the best way to get a foot in the music business??

#music-performance #singer

Malachi’s Avatar
Malachi Mar 01, 2021 442 views

Music Production Tools?

For a music producer at the beginners level, what would you recommend as a "starter pack"? What kits, software, drum pads, music packs and etc. would you recommend #music-production #music #music-performance

felicia’s Avatar
felicia Feb 23, 2021 281 views

what should I expect when majoring in the entertainment business

I am a junior and im interested in the music industry as a recording artists #singing #music-performance #singer #musician #music so what colleges should i be looking out for

Ava’s Avatar
Ava Feb 09, 2021 228 views

What does a day look like in the life of a Marketing Manager in the Music Industry?

#music #music-performance #marketing #marketing-manager

jayla’s Avatar
jayla Oct 15, 2020 322 views

am i cut out for music?

I love music and i have always loved music since I was a little girl. So I joined the band in the 6th grade and enjoyed it until now. Now it's so technical which i'm not used too. For these past few years in concert band i have been naturally flowing with the music without sub-dividing rhythms...

Robert’s Avatar
Robert Sep 04, 2020 397 views

What are the requirements to become a music artist, music producer and/or audio engineer?

#music #music-industry #music-performance #musician #composer

Anna’s Avatar
Anna Aug 17, 2018 410 views

How do I find out about apprenticeships and other ways to get practical experience during college?

#music #orchestral-music #music-performance

Brenna’s Avatar
Brenna Aug 14, 2018 439 views

I want to double major with music performance and international studies. I know this kind of double major is done often, but is it difficult to balance so many classes, especially with the strict schedule of music?

#music #musician #major #music-performance #double-major #internatioal-affairs

Brenna’s Avatar
Brenna Aug 14, 2018 554 views

I have auditions for music schools in February, how do I best prepare with the volume of things to learn?

I have to prepare 4 pieces, scales (major, minor, chromatic), and an etude. #college #college-selection #music #music-performance #music-industry

Ozyria’s Avatar
Ozyria Apr 03, 2018 598 views

How Hard is it To Balance Two Careers?

My two biggest passions in life are music and technical theatre. Because most people in the theatre tech/design world aren't on salary or have a fixed work schedule, I'm curious to know if I could handle being a performing musician as well. In a small, community orchestra (trumpet player). I've...

Misael’s Avatar
Misael Mar 14, 2018 492 views

Study Abroad studying a double-major in Music Performance and Business Administration?

I want to become a Property Manager but also I have been playing the clarinet for 9 years and I have filled a decent musical curriculum attending to music festivals, summer camps, playing in various ensembles; advanced orchestras, symphonic bands, professional orchestras, etc. My main goal is...

Misael’s Avatar
Misael Mar 14, 2018 562 views

Should I study a double major in Music Performance and Business Administration?

I want to become a Property Manager but also I have been playing the clarinet for 9 years and I have filled a decent musical curriculum like playing with numerous ensembles, professional orchestras, youth advanced-orchestras, attending to summer camps to tutor and participate, etc. My main...

Bradley’s Avatar
Bradley Jan 17, 2018 502 views

If I want to be a music teacher, should I choose a school based on their music or education program?

I am deciding between University of Iowa and the University of Northern Iowa. At the University of Iowa they have a great performance program but Northern Iowa is known for their outstanding teacher education program. #music-performance #choir #vocalmusic #hawkeye #panther #music-education

Katelyn’s Avatar
Katelyn Jan 16, 2018 503 views

How much money can you get if you are a professional trumpet player?

I am trying to think of back up possibilities of what I’m wanting to major in doesn’t work. I’ve been told by multiple that I am very good at the trumpet and that I could be a proffessional. I just don’t know if I will be able to live on that money, depending on how much. #trumpet...

Ian’s Avatar
Ian Jan 03, 2018 522 views

What are some great music collages to attend to in the US

I am a seventh grader, and I just wan to be prepared for collage even though it is many years away, I want to be aware of the great music collages when the time comes. #music #musiccollages #performing-arts #music-performance #college

Gus’s Avatar
Gus Oct 12, 2017 782 views

As someone who plans on majoring in music performance in college, what should I minor or double major in?

I am well aware of the fact that its going to be a struggle once I get into the world as a musician, so I am exploring other options to do in addition to music performance. Ideally, I would like to do something that is somehow connected to music, like audio engineering etc, but I wanted to see...

Gabriel’s Avatar
Gabriel Sep 01, 2017 475 views

How much longer will it take me to get my my masters in both music education and performance?

I would like to double major in Music education and performance but i do not know how much longer it will take to have my masters in both degrees? #music-performance #music-education

Deniece’s Avatar
Deniece Sep 01, 2017 1019 views

Is a degree in music business worth it?

I'm interested in becoming a successful rapper/producer. I know I have the talent, and I have plenty of time to keep improving my skills, but I'm well aware that you need to know a lot about how the business works, how to network, how to market yourself, etc. But there are a lot of online...

Matthew’s Avatar
Matthew May 26, 2017 13383 views

What kind of music job opportunities can a music minor get?

As a college student, I'll be leaving with a Massive amount of student loan debt. I was hoping that I would be able to use my minor in such a way to make a little bit of money to pay off the loans that I will receive in the future in due time. #music #music-performance #music-education...

Shekinah’s Avatar
Shekinah Feb 15, 2017 724 views

If I wanted to become a singer, what kind of college would I need to attend ?

I would like to become a singer when I get older, and am wondering what would be a good college to attend . #college #high-school-classes #elementary #middle-school #vocalist #music #music-performance