Career Questions tagged Musiceducation

Kylie S.’s Avatar
Kylie S. Apr 04, 2018 398 views

What is the hardest part about being a music teacher, and what is the best part about teaching music?

I'm planning on getting my degree in music education (possibly with a choral specialization) and I'm curious as to what the most difficult and most rewarding parts of teaching music are. What can I expect when I start teaching? Are there any skills I can start working on to help overcome...

#teacher #choral-music #teaching #questions #music #music-education #musiceducation

Kylie S.’s Avatar
Kylie S. Apr 04, 2018 229 views

How can I market myself best as a choral music educator?

I'm a junior in high school right now, but I know that I'm destined to be a music teacher. I mostly have experience in a choral setting, and that is my true passion, but I know not many schools will hire someone who only has a choral background or will hire them only as a general music...

#choral-music #teaching #music #musiceducation #musiced

Brandi C.’s Avatar
Brandi C. Jan 17, 2018 277 views

What kind of scholarships are available for music students?

I've been in marching band and show choir 2 years and advanced concert choir a year. I also plan to be apart of 4-8 musical theater productions as well at my high school. Im a sophomore in high school and plan to take music theory class my junior or senior year and am on track to letter in...

#scholarships #musiceducation #music

Breanna L.’s Avatar
Breanna L. Sep 01, 2017 262 views

For a person to become a music educator would he or she need to have a major in both music and education to be able to achieve his or her's career?

I'm asking the question because the people that I know who went to college mention the idea that those things are separate; however, the people who told me this went to college years ago and I do know that licensing and regulations for college majors has changed over the years especially for...

#music-education #teaching #musiceducation #music

Madeline T.’s Avatar
Madeline T. Sep 01, 2017 191 views

What are the chances of finding a music education job after graduation?

I keep hearing that arts/music programs are being cut so I am a little nervous about being able to find a job after graduation....

#musiceducation