Career Questions tagged Musician

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08 33 views

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#publishing #writing

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04 242 views

Should I Quit Band?

So, there's a lot of problems. My band only has about 20 people. 1 out of our four middle schools are sending up new freshmen to our band. I've also started losing interest in band. Most kids in band are either new/inexperienced, or they just don't practice, and don’t care. Most kids are just...

#art #music-education #school #education #college #scholarship #music-production #music #musician #teaching #teacher

curtis G.’s Avatar
curtis G. Apr 22 78 views

how do you find a job that you want

I want to be a music artist what job would help me #artist #musician...

#music-industry

Brenna M.’s Avatar
Brenna M. Mar 10 100 views

Are there any opportunities you wish you took but never did?

I am having a dilemma about whether or not to pursue music. I LOVE making music but I also am.. nervous.. about pursuing solely music. I have a great opportunity to do so, and I don't want to regret not taking it. #music #musician #music-industry #regrets...

#opportunities

Derion P.’s Avatar
Derion P. Jan 23 108 views
Paulanthony F.’s Avatar
Paulanthony F. Dec 14, 2018 164 views

Can music be a good career path for me?

I've been interested in music in one way or another as long as I can remember. I love listening to hip-hop, jazz, rnb, etc. as well as I love playing it. My dad is the one who introduced music to me early in life. He would always play the bass and drums. I have my share in a few instruments...

#music-production #music #singer #musician #music-industry

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Oct 19, 2018 122 views

Is Having a Degree in Music Composition extremely important for Game Design?

Unfortunately, my college does not currently have a degree program for Music Composition and Production (to my knowledge) for accompanying a game design major; however, with so many online resources and possibilities for learning music, I would like to know how important it is. Also, if there...

#gamedesign #singer #music-production #music #composer #indiecomposer #musician #music-industry

Gracey W.’s Avatar
Gracey W. Sep 05, 2018 138 views

What kind of High School classes do you need to take for a music teacher??

I am an 8th grader at school in Indiana. I enjoy music so much. Music is my life. I want to be a music teacher when I get older. I have chosen this career based off of my love for music. I have been playing music and singing since I was born basically. #music #musician #music-education...

#singer

Kai Doh H.’s Avatar
Kai Doh H. Aug 23, 2018 121 views
Kimberly H.’s Avatar
Kimberly H. May 31, 2018 211 views

What Majors are music-related?

I'm considering majoring in music but it might depend on what's offered in a college/university. I just want to know all my options. #music #music-production...

#musician

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 382 views

What are the first steps to making it as a composer or musician?

I intend to double major at Emory with one of the majors being music. I've composed some small ensemble pieces, made a lot of music with Logic, and I've been taking music lessons since I was four. I love it and I want to do it but I'm not sure how to break into the scene. #music #musician...

#music-industry

Abbey B.’s Avatar
Abbey B. May 18, 2018 223 views

What "unknown" jobs are there in the classical music industry?

I'm a classical pianist, and I want to be a concert pianist. However, I know competition is tough, so I wanted to know what other options I have in the classical music industry besides the usual suspects (teaching and accompanying). #music #musician #music-industry...

#classical-music

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 145 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 369 views

How do you gain employment as a musician on a cruise ship and does it lead to other career options? Are the living conditions while on the ship worth enduring to potentially see the world while working?

I am going to school for bass guitar composition. I was told that cruise ships are one of the employers seeking musicians. I would love to travel before I settle down in one location and potentially get married or establish a career that does not involve travel. #professional #musician...

#career-counseling #career-path #music-performance #music #music-industry #bass-guitar

Carl H.’s Avatar
Carl H. Aug 31, 2017 232 views

What route would best lead to becoming a professional musician/composer?

I am going to continue playing music as I have been doing for years, however, I wish to take it to the next level. I currently play the Baritone, Trombone, and Piano, in addition to using a Digital Audio Workshop, yet I am not quite sure where to go from here. I plan on majoring in music, but...

#music-production #music #musician

Zakeya J.’s Avatar
Zakeya J. May 19, 2016 581 views

What do I need to do to become a successful musician?

I like playing my saxophone and would like to be a famous musician one day. But the problem is I don't know what to do or where to start to become a successful musician. I'm also looking for ways to better myself in my playing skills, mostly vibrato. This will help me a lot. #music #musician...

#saxophone #personal-development

Lauren H.’s Avatar
Lauren H. May 19, 2016 476 views
Phoenix P.’s Avatar
Phoenix P. Aug 27, 2016 342 views

what do I need to do in order to be a band teacher

I really have a passion for playing instruments (guitar and trombone) and I found out that teaching comes naturally for me.do I need a certain degree in order to become a band teacher?and I also see art as a language,and really awesome way of Communication.I have a deep passion for arts in...

#musician

Padmavathi V.’s Avatar
Padmavathi V. Jun 23, 2016 1065 views

i wanted to be classical dancer? which inistitue is good?

i am interested in dancing, i wanted to be great dancer #musician #actress...

#dancer

Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Jun 01, 2016 2112 views
Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 333 views

What is the best career path for a musician with an eclectic taste in music and the ability to play multiple instruments?

I play bass guitar, acoustic and electric guitar, a little piano, bagpipes and would like to learn others. I am a young musician and live in an area where this is not a lot of opportunity for me to pursue my interests. I am moving to GA and will attend Atlanta Institute of Music and Media to...

#musician

Justin B.’s Avatar
Justin B. May 22, 2016 474 views

If I am studying to be a music composer, is it possible to intern with a professional?

I love composing and arranging my own music and would love to do it professionally one day. #music #musician #music-composing...

#composer

Joana A.’s Avatar
Joana A. May 20, 2016 481 views

What happens with people who graduate but don't master their major? Should college classes be more enforced?

Hello, I'm a performing music major, and I don't understand how students who are planning to teach, for example, get enough with the classes that are provided if there are so many students in a class for the teacher to work with and not enough to obtain everything from the class. Does that...

#music #musician

Bianka G.’s Avatar
Bianka G. May 19, 2016 333 views

How can I improve my performance?

I have been playing trumpet for many years and want to improve my technique for mariachi performances. I love to play mariachi music, but I don't seem to have the right "mariachi sound" at times. What can I do to improve? #music #musician #music-performance #mariachi...

#trumpet

Aden J.’s Avatar
Aden J. May 18, 2016 366 views

What is the best HBCU with the best music program?

I have a passion in singing and am anxious to learn about music but am stuck on attending an hbcu!...

#musician

Tessa G.’s Avatar
Tessa G. May 16, 2016 542 views

What professional steps can I take in enhancing my music career?

I am a 17 year old who is graduating in ten days. My passion is music, mostly performance, but I also play many instruments. I would like to know what steps I can take in helping me become a successful musician. I am from a small tow in Jackson Michigan, where I don't have many professional...

#music #singer #performing #musician #business

Madeline D.’s Avatar
Madeline D. May 11, 2016 458 views

Do multiple free-lance careers work well together?

I'm going to be an undergraduate studying harp performance, but am also interested in writing and translating. Have you found that balancing multiple different careers took a lot of organizing, but proves feasible, or is it spreading your time and training too thin? #writer #musician...

#multi-tasking #translation #freelance-writing