Career Questions tagged Musician

Nathan P.’s Avatar
Nathan P. Oct 23 32 views
jayla ..’s Avatar
jayla .. Oct 15 65 views

am i cut out for music?

I love music and i have always loved music since I was a little girl. So I joined the band in the 6th grade and enjoyed it until now. Now it's so technical which i'm not used too. For these past few years in concert band i have been naturally flowing with the music without sub-dividing rhythms...

#vocalist #music #musician #music-industry #music-performance

Chloe W.’s Avatar
Chloe W. Sep 29 66 views
Chase B.’s Avatar
Chase B. Sep 29 73 views

Best first job for somebody with no volunteering experience?

I am 16 years old, I am a junior in highschool, and I'm trying to find a first job. I love making music. Everything about it is just incredibly alluring to me, I love playing instruments, writing instruments, and learning songs as well as writing them. Are there any jobs I could go into for...

#jobs #first-job #music #musician

Evan W.’s Avatar
Evan W. Dec 10, 2019 134 views
steven P.’s Avatar
steven P. Nov 14, 2019 131 views

what are the classes are needed to become a music teacher?

I'm in 11th grade, and I thought about teaching or something 🤷‍♂️ #teaching #music...

#musician

anakin S.’s Avatar
anakin S. Oct 25, 2019 124 views

What is a typical day like in the life of a professional rapper?

I can't find a lot on this website about it, and I would like to know more. I work super hard on my raps. I have a lot of unfinished raps. I am trying my hardest! #music-industry #musician #professional-musician #rap...

#mc

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08, 2019 281 views

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#writing #publishing

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04, 2019 1033 views

Should I Quit Band?

So, there's a lot of problems. My band only has about 20 people. 1 out of our four middle schools are sending up new freshmen to our band. I've also started losing interest in band. Most kids in band are either new/inexperienced, or they just don't practice, and don’t care. Most kids are just...

#scholarship #college #education #school #musician #teacher #music-education #music #teaching #music-production #art

curtis G.’s Avatar
curtis G. Apr 22, 2019 142 views

how do you find a job that you want

I want to be a music artist what job would help me #artist #musician...

#music-industry

Brenna M.’s Avatar
Brenna M. Mar 10, 2019 188 views

Are there any opportunities you wish you took but never did?

I am having a dilemma about whether or not to pursue music. I LOVE making music but I also am.. nervous.. about pursuing solely music. I have a great opportunity to do so, and I don't want to regret not taking it. #music #musician #music-industry #regrets...

#opportunities

Derion P.’s Avatar
Derion P. Jan 23, 2019 225 views
Paulanthony F.’s Avatar
Paulanthony F. Dec 14, 2018 294 views

Can music be a good career path for me?

I've been interested in music in one way or another as long as I can remember. I love listening to hip-hop, jazz, rnb, etc. as well as I love playing it. My dad is the one who introduced music to me early in life. He would always play the bass and drums. I have my share in a few instruments...

#singer #music #musician #music-industry #music-production

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Oct 19, 2018 236 views

Is Having a Degree in Music Composition extremely important for Game Design?

Unfortunately, my college does not currently have a degree program for Music Composition and Production (to my knowledge) for accompanying a game design major; however, with so many online resources and possibilities for learning music, I would like to know how important it is. Also, if there...

#singer #musician #gamedesign #composer #music #indiecomposer #music-industry #music-production

Gracey W.’s Avatar
Gracey W. Sep 05, 2018 227 views

What kind of High School classes do you need to take for a music teacher??

I am an 8th grader at school in Indiana. I enjoy music so much. Music is my life. I want to be a music teacher when I get older. I have chosen this career based off of my love for music. I have been playing music and singing since I was born basically. #music #musician #music-education...

#singer

Kimberly H.’s Avatar
Kimberly H. May 31, 2018 311 views

What Majors are music-related?

I'm considering majoring in music but it might depend on what's offered in a college/university. I just want to know all my options. #music #music-production...

#musician

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 553 views

What are the first steps to making it as a composer or musician?

I intend to double major at Emory with one of the majors being music. I've composed some small ensemble pieces, made a lot of music with Logic, and I've been taking music lessons since I was four. I love it and I want to do it but I'm not sure how to break into the scene. #music #musician...

#music-industry

Abbey B.’s Avatar
Abbey B. May 18, 2018 365 views

What "unknown" jobs are there in the classical music industry?

I'm a classical pianist, and I want to be a concert pianist. However, I know competition is tough, so I wanted to know what other options I have in the classical music industry besides the usual suspects (teaching and accompanying). #music #musician #music-industry...

#classical-music

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 235 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 523 views

How do you gain employment as a musician on a cruise ship and does it lead to other career options? Are the living conditions while on the ship worth enduring to potentially see the world while working?

I am going to school for bass guitar composition. I was told that cruise ships are one of the employers seeking musicians. I would love to travel before I settle down in one location and potentially get married or establish a career that does not involve travel. #professional #musician...

#bass-guitar #music-performance #career-counseling #music #music-industry #career-path

Carl H.’s Avatar
Carl H. Aug 31, 2017 294 views

What route would best lead to becoming a professional musician/composer?

I am going to continue playing music as I have been doing for years, however, I wish to take it to the next level. I currently play the Baritone, Trombone, and Piano, in addition to using a Digital Audio Workshop, yet I am not quite sure where to go from here. I plan on majoring in music, but...

#music-production #music #musician