Career Questions tagged Musician

Evan W.’s Avatar
Evan W. Dec 10, 2019 88 views
steven P.’s Avatar
steven P. Nov 14, 2019 95 views

what are the classes are needed to become a music teacher?

I'm in 11th grade, and I thought about teaching or something 🤷‍♂️ #teaching #music...

#musician

anakin S.’s Avatar
anakin S. Oct 25, 2019 100 views

What is a typical day like in the life of a professional rapper?

I can't find a lot on this website about it, and I would like to know more. I work super hard on my raps. I have a lot of unfinished raps. I am trying my hardest! #music-industry #musician #professional-musician #rap...

#mc

Genaro G.’s Avatar
Genaro G. Sep 08, 2019 161 views

What are the steps I would need to take to be directed in the right path to becoming a singer and writer?

I am a very eagar learner who for the most part is very independent in the work I do. I have studied music and grown around it all my life. It is a passion and dream for me to create and sing music for the world. #music #music-industry #musician #singer Another passion I have is for writing, I...

#publishing #writing

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. May 04, 2019 800 views

Should I Quit Band?

So, there's a lot of problems. My band only has about 20 people. 1 out of our four middle schools are sending up new freshmen to our band. I've also started losing interest in band. Most kids in band are either new/inexperienced, or they just don't practice, and don’t care. Most kids are just...

#teacher #education #teaching #college #musician #music #art #music-production #scholarship #music-education #school

curtis G.’s Avatar
curtis G. Apr 22, 2019 116 views

how do you find a job that you want

I want to be a music artist what job would help me #artist #musician...

#music-industry

Brenna M.’s Avatar
Brenna M. Mar 10, 2019 168 views

Are there any opportunities you wish you took but never did?

I am having a dilemma about whether or not to pursue music. I LOVE making music but I also am.. nervous.. about pursuing solely music. I have a great opportunity to do so, and I don't want to regret not taking it. #music #musician #music-industry #regrets...

#opportunities

Derion P.’s Avatar
Derion P. Jan 23, 2019 172 views
Paulanthony F.’s Avatar
Paulanthony F. Dec 14, 2018 256 views

Can music be a good career path for me?

I've been interested in music in one way or another as long as I can remember. I love listening to hip-hop, jazz, rnb, etc. as well as I love playing it. My dad is the one who introduced music to me early in life. He would always play the bass and drums. I have my share in a few instruments...

#singer #musician #music #music-industry #music-production

Samuel G.’s Avatar
Samuel G. Oct 19, 2018 187 views

Is Having a Degree in Music Composition extremely important for Game Design?

Unfortunately, my college does not currently have a degree program for Music Composition and Production (to my knowledge) for accompanying a game design major; however, with so many online resources and possibilities for learning music, I would like to know how important it is. Also, if there...

#music #musician #music-industry #music-production #indiecomposer #gamedesign #singer #composer

Gracey W.’s Avatar
Gracey W. Sep 05, 2018 205 views

What kind of High School classes do you need to take for a music teacher??

I am an 8th grader at school in Indiana. I enjoy music so much. Music is my life. I want to be a music teacher when I get older. I have chosen this career based off of my love for music. I have been playing music and singing since I was born basically. #music #musician #music-education...

#singer

Kai Doh H.’s Avatar
Kai Doh H. Aug 23, 2018 160 views
Kimberly H.’s Avatar
Kimberly H. May 31, 2018 282 views

What Majors are music-related?

I'm considering majoring in music but it might depend on what's offered in a college/university. I just want to know all my options. #music #music-production...

#musician

Beverley S.’s Avatar
Beverley S. May 31, 2018 516 views

What are the first steps to making it as a composer or musician?

I intend to double major at Emory with one of the majors being music. I've composed some small ensemble pieces, made a lot of music with Logic, and I've been taking music lessons since I was four. I love it and I want to do it but I'm not sure how to break into the scene. #music #musician...

#music-industry

Abbey B.’s Avatar
Abbey B. May 18, 2018 313 views

What "unknown" jobs are there in the classical music industry?

I'm a classical pianist, and I want to be a concert pianist. However, I know competition is tough, so I wanted to know what other options I have in the classical music industry besides the usual suspects (teaching and accompanying). #music #musician #music-industry...

#classical-music

Nicholas M.’s Avatar
Nicholas M. Jan 16, 2018 204 views

What experience or insight should I have as trying to become a music major?

Currently I am trying to pursue either Music Therapy or Music Education as a major and just wanted to know some basics behind what skills or things I should have prior. #music #musician #college #professional...

#skills

Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 431 views

How do you gain employment as a musician on a cruise ship and does it lead to other career options? Are the living conditions while on the ship worth enduring to potentially see the world while working?

I am going to school for bass guitar composition. I was told that cruise ships are one of the employers seeking musicians. I would love to travel before I settle down in one location and potentially get married or establish a career that does not involve travel. #professional #musician...

#career-path #bass-guitar #music #music-industry #music-performance #career-counseling

Carl H.’s Avatar
Carl H. Aug 31, 2017 270 views

What route would best lead to becoming a professional musician/composer?

I am going to continue playing music as I have been doing for years, however, I wish to take it to the next level. I currently play the Baritone, Trombone, and Piano, in addition to using a Digital Audio Workshop, yet I am not quite sure where to go from here. I plan on majoring in music, but...

#music-production #musician #music

Zakeya J.’s Avatar
Zakeya J. May 19, 2016 660 views

What do I need to do to become a successful musician?

I like playing my saxophone and would like to be a famous musician one day. But the problem is I don't know what to do or where to start to become a successful musician. I'm also looking for ways to better myself in my playing skills, mostly vibrato. This will help me a lot. #music #musician...

#saxophone #personal-development

Phoenix P.’s Avatar
Phoenix P. Aug 27, 2016 379 views

what do I need to do in order to be a band teacher

I really have a passion for playing instruments (guitar and trombone) and I found out that teaching comes naturally for me.do I need a certain degree in order to become a band teacher?and I also see art as a language,and really awesome way of Communication.I have a deep passion for arts in...

#musician

Padmavathi V.’s Avatar
Padmavathi V. Jun 23, 2016 1204 views
Michael R.’s Avatar
Michael R. Jun 01, 2016 2429 views
Daniel H.’s Avatar
Daniel H. May 26, 2016 392 views

What is the best career path for a musician with an eclectic taste in music and the ability to play multiple instruments?

I play bass guitar, acoustic and electric guitar, a little piano, bagpipes and would like to learn others. I am a young musician and live in an area where this is not a lot of opportunity for me to pursue my interests. I am moving to GA and will attend Atlanta Institute of Music and Media to...

#musician

Justin B.’s Avatar
Justin B. May 22, 2016 515 views

If I am studying to be a music composer, is it possible to intern with a professional?

I love composing and arranging my own music and would love to do it professionally one day. #music #musician #music-composing...

#composer