Career Questions tagged Game Design

Dylan M.’s Avatar
Dylan M. May 24, 2018 229 views

How to get a good Starting point in the field of Game Design

So i'm looking to peruse a career in Video game design and currently gonna be a senior in high school and want to know a good starting point for getting into it before going off to college. #gamedesign #games #computer-science #computer-graphics #programming #game-design...

#design

Tyler S.’s Avatar
Tyler S. Apr 23, 2018 202 views

What is one of the hardest aspects of being a game programmer?

I'm currently studying at WPI in order to go on to become a game programmer. What is one of the hardest things about that job, whether it be a part of the job or part of actually landing it? #game-programming...

#game-design

James S.’s Avatar
James S. Jan 16, 2018 244 views

How do you get into the game design industry as an artist?

When going into the game design industry, how do you expand your art portfolio to get noticed by developers that can commission you? #art #video-games #video-game-design #game-design...

#gaming

Jason C.’s Avatar
Jason C. Jan 22, 2018 332 views

What should i learn to be a game designer?

I have zero experience in gaming design, but i want to learn. It is like one of my dream jobs. Is unity a good one to start with? I like Dota 2, Overwatch, and Lost Saga. #highschool #game-design...

#technology

Jerry L.’s Avatar
Jerry L. Jan 22, 2018 232 views

I'm interested in designing a game and i don't know where to to start.

I'm a 11th grader who plays videogames almost everyday and was interested in designing my own video game but the problem is i don't know where to start. I was wondering do i start by learning coding or should i download a few software and start fiddling with the application. The games i usually...

#game-design

Gabriel H.’s Avatar
Gabriel H. Jan 21, 2018 308 views

Whats the best way to get a job in game design

My dream job is to work on video games, preferably independently but experience at a major game studio would help. I was wondering what are the best things I can do right now to help me get a job at a major game studio? #games #computer-games...

#game-design

s L.’s Avatar
s L. Jan 18, 2018 312 views

A few questions for a videogame programmer...

What is your current profession? What did you want to be when you were in high school? What kind of student were you? What tips would you give to a high school student hoping to go into game programming? What did you major in, and at what college? What is something unexpected that you found out...

#game-design #video-game-design #computer-games #computer-software #game-development #video-games

Ari A.’s Avatar
Ari A. Jan 03, 2018 372 views

College selection problem.

I want to pursue a career in video game design what college should I go to? #college #video-games #game-design...

#college-selection

Ashley H.’s Avatar
Ashley H. Dec 08, 2017 357 views

What are some good ways for high school students to gain experience?

I did not have a lot of experience outside of school and volunteering when I started at university, and my brothers are both looking as they could be in the same boat as I was. I have given them a couple of suggestions from things that I learned, however, is there anything that anyone would...

#game-design #high-school #swimming #volunteering #sports #engineering #coaching #experience

Robert O.’s Avatar
Robert O. Nov 18, 2017 408 views
nicolas W.’s Avatar
nicolas W. Feb 09, 2017 554 views

If I want to be a game designer what skills do I need?

i am asking this question because i am interested in this job #to #game #video-games #game-development #game-design...

#video-game-design

Dani S.’s Avatar
Dani S. Sep 27, 2017 337 views

What colleges and programs can support me in being a game designer?

I don't know what things I can do to be a game designer and what programs will be effective towards me to get help to learn from it. #college #game-design...

#prep-programs

Dani S.’s Avatar
Dani S. Sep 27, 2017 277 views

what kind of scholarships are out there for a game design

I want to know what kind of scholarships are out there that can help me achieve my dream as a game design #scholarships...

#game-design

Torrey T.’s Avatar
Torrey T. Aug 31, 2017 416 views

Is an game developers job hard ?

I love games so I always thought why not make them and play them. #video-games...

#game-design

De'Jon S.’s Avatar
De'Jon S. Aug 31, 2017 363 views

What was a major class for you in high school during your senior year for becoming a graphic designer?

I want to know what classes are the most important in becoming a graphic designer while I'm in my senior year in high school so i could improve my skills that i need in becoming a graphic designer and be able to be ready for college and my career job.#video-games #game-design...

#game-development

Jordan B.’s Avatar
Jordan B. May 18, 2017 1006 views

Game Company Internships for High School Students?

I've been looking into it for a few days now, but most companies in my state say that to apply for an internship requires me to be in collage. I've been having trouble as it has for the matter, and I would like to have a first hand experience to either work along side other people in the field...

#graphic-design #game-design #computer-games #career-details #game-development

Cameron V.’s Avatar
Cameron V. Apr 05, 2017 511 views

How can i be a game designer?

I wanna design some games like HD Remaster of games i love (that is if a certain game i wanna remaster is not already remastered), maybe even design my own mobile games, can i start there? #video-games #japan #game-design #game-development...

#mobile-games

Abhinav P.’s Avatar
Abhinav P. Mar 08, 2017 490 views

Questions about User Experience (UX) and Prototyping tools in Game Design

Hey all, I'm interested in pursuing a career in game design and because it is such a broad field that encompasses a multitude of disciplines and specialties (especially in larger studios), I am specifically interested in going into UX Design (a.k.a. Visual Design, Interaction Design, or UI...

#game-design #prototyping #interaction-design #visual-design #user-experience #user-interface-design #ux-design #wireframes

Chase M.’s Avatar
Chase M. Jan 11, 2017 828 views

How do I practice programming and making games?

Currently, all I know is a little bit of GameMaker's built in coding language, and I have a budget of 0 dollars. I've made 1 game with the help of a YouTube tutorial (an asteroids clone) and have multiple unfinished projects. I want to know the answer to these questions: What programming...

#development #programming #video-game-design #game-design #business-development #games #computer-games #video-games

Patrick K.’s Avatar
Patrick K. Dec 29, 2016 627 views

What was your first job in the game development industry? Please share your experiences--the good, the bad, the ugly, all of it--with me.

Hello. I am an aspiring Game Designer/Developer who's attending college to get my Bachelor's Degree. I was just wondering to all the veterans and professionals in the Game Development world, what was your first job title working in the industry? Did you like it? Was it memorable? What game...

#professional-development #game-design #video-game-design #challenges #successes #computer-games #game-development #video-games

K J.’s Avatar
K J. Dec 02, 2016 490 views

What does it take to be a concept artist?

I want to be a designer. I always have wanted to be a designer of some sort, but I'm not entirely sure for what yet. I'd like to be a concept artist, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be a good enough artist to become one. What are the biggest things a concept artist should need to be able to...

#art #concept-design #game-design

Richard W.’s Avatar
Richard W. Oct 22, 2016 511 views

How should I prepare for a career in Game Design?

I wish to go into a career of Game Design and Programming. I want to be fully prepared for college so I know what I'm doing before I go in; also, I want to create small portfolio of simple games to show that I have some knowledge in the field. What kind of things should I do to become more...

#game-design #computer-games #video-games

ivy M.’s Avatar
ivy M. Jul 18, 2016 814 views

is it possible to get in gaming industry as an artist who is self taught

So, i have huge passion for videogames since i was a little girl. Here i stand. One time graduate, two times school failed(because my parents chose what i should study.this means gardening and agriculture) i recently moved another country, where i took time to discover my artistic and (still...

#game-design #gaming-industry

Andrew P.’s Avatar
Andrew P. May 27, 2016 576 views

What is it like to be an animator or game designer?

I have some interest in becoming of the the jobs above. I really like being creative. #art #animation #game-design...

#2d-animation

Lisa G.’s Avatar
Lisa G. May 22, 2016 1275 views

Would Video Game designer be considered as tech?

Since their is a lot of programming put into creating video games would there be something in the tech department that could be beneficial to wanting to work in the gaming industry? Weather is has to do with animation or not. #tech #animation #gaming...

#game-design

Isaiah V.’s Avatar
Isaiah V. Apr 06, 2016 714 views

Game design or computer science?

I'm interested in game design and thinking about pursuing a career in game design. I heard that majoring in computer science is recommended. Is this true? #computer-science #computer #game-design #games...

#interactive-media

Yamil C.’s Avatar
Yamil C. Oct 07, 2015 703 views
Jie T.’s Avatar
Jie T. Jun 26, 2015 558 views

How to be a good game designer

I'm 16 and I go to Balboa High School in 11th grade. I am very interested on how people make these amazing PC games and is so cool how they make it and is so fun playing it....

#game-design