Career Questions tagged Band

Makayla S.’s Avatar
Makayla S. Aug 26, 2018

Does Texas have a high demand for High School Band Teachers?

I'm planning on being a high school band teacher, and I want to know if it would be worth it to move to Texas and try to teach there? What is the demand like for the position I want to go into? #high-school #teacher #band...

#texas

Dustin C.’s Avatar
Dustin C. Aug 14, 2018

Which is a better profession to pursue: marching band or computer science?

I've been around computers all my life and I love working with them. However, it seems like it could be a lot of work and not much fun to do as a job. Marching band/music seems really fun, but I don't think it'd be worth it money-wise and I won't be able to do it my entire life unless I go into...

#computers #music #technology #band

Ethan H.’s Avatar
Ethan H. Jan 18, 2018

Should I participate in a college curricular band with a possible minor in music or join a club band?

I am definitely going to do marching band, and I know some colleges require curricular band to participate. However, not all of the schools I applied to require this. #band #music...

#minors

Anthony S.’s Avatar
Anthony S. Jun 29, 2018

Should I do marching band in college?

I know that in college, marching band is intense and takes a lot of time. Is it fun and challenging and worth the time investment? Or is it not worth the time spent? #band...

#marching

Mia Q.’s Avatar
Mia Q. Apr 29, 2018

How can you save money when your future depends on you spending it?

I love music and I plan to become a band director and in order to get accepted into a good music school I need to stay in the band program at my school. To be in the program it costs $1250 each year and $1000 to join a winter program. I love this program but I just don't know if I can afford it...

#careervillage #music #band #bandfees #saving #money

CareerVillage ’s Avatar
CareerVillage . Jan 13, 2012

What are the benefits and disadvantages of being in a band?

I'm interested in being in a rock band, but when you're in a band you have to work as a team, instead of competing, what is it like. I'm senior in high school in the Bronx. This is something I want to be part time because I want to be an entrepreneur. I've been in a band before, and I play...

#music #band #arts #entertainment