Career Questions tagged Doctor

Which career in the medical field is right for me?

I know I want to be in the medical field, but I can't decide which exact job I want to pursue. I thought about being a nurse, but I am shy and have anxiety; I don't think a job where I interact with lots of people all day is the best job for me. My mom suggested a lab tech, but I am not so sure...

#medicine #medical #doctor #job #healthcare

2

Les Bogdanowicz, PhD, MBA, PMP’s Avatar Toni L’s Avatar
Active yesterday

Posted by Ian G.’s Avatar Ian G.
Les Bogdanowicz, PhD, MBA, PMP’s Avatar
Les Bogdanowicz, PhD, MBA, PMP | Helping Bring Medical Devices to Life. Hi Ian - If you want to go to college, you ...

What is the hardest part of being a dotor?

I would like to know if I would be able to know if I can handle that kind of stress...

#doctor

1

T. Thaddaeus A' Man Ph.D, MSOL, BSHSM, QHP, RTT’s Avatar
Active Dec 08 at 05:47 PM

Posted by Abigail J.’s Avatar Abigail J.
T. Thaddaeus A' Man Ph.D, MSOL, BSHSM, QHP, RTT | Health and Human Services Consulting; Interprofessional Education, Training ... Greetings Abigail J.,I am assuming that you are referring to an ...

What did you have to do to get in to this job?

I would like to know what I will have to do before I can get the same job #medical...

#doctor

1

John Osborne’s Avatar
Active Nov 27 at 11:32 PM

John Osborne’s Avatar
John Osborne | Director - External Affairs at AT&T I work at a large company that has many different types ...

What is a normal day at wor look like?

I just want to know what you guys do on a daily basis. #medical...

#doctor

0

Active Nov 27 at 10:05 PM

What kind of benefits have you been getting from your position in the medical field?

Benefits are important to me when choosing where to work. What are some basic guidelines that you have had or benefits before accepting a job. #benefits #career #medicine...

#doctor

1

Kimberly Bundley-Johnson’s Avatar
Active Nov 21 at 08:09 PM

Posted by Jossie D.’s Avatar Jossie D.
Kimberly Bundley-Johnson’s Avatar
Kimberly Bundley-Johnson | Perioperative Nurse/Clinical Instructor Helping and educating nursing students to reach their goal in their ...

What is it like being a midwife?

I am enrolled at Job Corps and I am wanting to know more about what your daily tasks are as a midwife. #nurse #doctor...

#medicine

0

Active Nov 16 at 03:37 PM

Posted by Jossie D.’s Avatar Jossie D.

How do you become a nutritionist? What do they do in a day? What are some ways I can prepare and what classes should I take in college?

I am interested in becoming a doctor but I do not feel like I could be a physician. I think a nutritionist is the right career for me but I want to know what their job is like. #medicine #doctor #hospital-and-health-care #nutrition #dietician #food...

1

Paul Goetzinger MPA College Advisor’s Avatar
Active Dec 01 at 07:31 PM

Posted by Dinah B.’s Avatar Dinah B.
Paul Goetzinger MPA College Advisor | Academic/College Advising Assistance Hi Dinah:The path to becoming a nutritionist is going to depend ...

How do you know a career is right for you? What if you have a lot of interests but you don't know which one is the perfect fit?

I am in 11th grade and I have a small idea of what I want to do. I am interested in the medical field but I am not confident about it. I want to help others and I want to know if I should pursue this path. It is hard and I do not want to end up not liking it the career I choose. #career-choice...

#help #doctor #career #healthcare #medicine #highschool #junior

3

Jordan C. Medley’s Avatar Kim Gravell’s Avatar Danni Gomes, RDH’s Avatar
Active Nov 21 at 04:01 PM

Posted by Dinah B.’s Avatar Dinah B.
Jordan C. Medley’s Avatar
Jordan C. Medley | Dance Teacher at Inmotion Dance Studio What are you passionate about? What would you do even if ...

What can I do to prepare for Med. School applications?

I'm a senior in high school but I want to get started as soon as I'm in college. #premed #doctor #medical...

#medicine

1

Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Active Nov 01 at 04:04 PM

Posted by Skylar W.’s Avatar Skylar W.
Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Lillian Wang, LMSW | Career Counselor in Higher Education Hi Skylar! It's great you're getting started early!First off, do some ...

What degree do I need to pursue Radiology?

Hi! I'm currently a freshman in high school, and I care a lot about my future and especially my academics. I plan on doing early college for an associates and my dream school is UCLA. After I graduate from UCLA I hope to go back to my home state to attend UNC School of Medicine. My question...

#radiology #doctor #medical #college-major #college #medicine #premed

2

LaRita Edwards R.T. (R)’s Avatar Jaclyn Richards’s Avatar
Active Nov 26 at 11:50 PM

Posted by Ruby L.’s Avatar Ruby L.
LaRita Edwards R.T. (R)’s Avatar
LaRita Edwards R.T. (R) | Radiologic Technologist at All Florida Orthopaedic Associates To start you need fantastic grades in Math and Science. Ace ...

How long does it take to become a psychiatrist?

-Difficulty of courses -job placement -years of study -programs required or recommended #psychology #doctor #psychiatry...

#college-major

1

G. Mark Stewart’s Avatar
Active Oct 28 at 12:02 AM

Posted by Kevin B.’s Avatar Kevin B.
G. Mark Stewart’s Avatar
G. Mark Stewart | Adjunct Professor Engineering Psychiatry is a medical degree, unlike psychology. For a medical degree, ...
Nancy Hamp, MA’s Avatar
Nancy Hamp, MA | IOrganizational Leadership • Assessment and Interviewing • Educational ... Hi, Brianna,Grades are the most important thing when applying to medical ...

Is taking a major which requires medical school and all that jazz worth?

1

Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Active Oct 17 at 04:01 PM

Posted by Kertiandra G.’s Avatar Kertiandra G.
Lillian Wang, LMSW’s Avatar
Lillian Wang, LMSW | Career Counselor in Higher Education There is no major that "requires" medical school. There are majors ...

Is it possible to have a successful job in the medical field and still have a big and happy family?

1

Jessica Walls’s Avatar
Active Oct 11 at 03:36 AM

Posted by Salome B.’s Avatar Salome B.
Jessica Walls’s Avatar
Jessica Walls | Customer Advocate Yes! Of course! Honestly anything is possible! To answer your question, ...

How was the transition from being a medical student to a resident?

2

Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Active Oct 26 at 11:24 PM

Posted by Marie Angelica P.’s Avatar Marie Angelica P.
Sheila Jordan, PMP’s Avatar
Sheila Jordan, PMP | Senior Technical Project Manager at AT&T Hello Marie Angelica: Here's a link to information on how to ...
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN’s Avatar
Mary Quiceno, MD, FAAN | Associate Professor of Neurology No, but you might have a greater chance for acceptance at ...

Will any hospital I work for, pay to further my educational ?

Im only in high school and I have high hopes into getting in the medical field. One of the highest work competitions. I want to do more and help more. We only have one life, so why not go above in beyond. If I become a RN at a hospital, will they pay to furth my education and becoming something...

#medicine #doctor #nursing #healthcare

2

Renee Donnelly’s Avatar Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Oct 12 at 11:49 PM

Posted by Rubi R.’s Avatar Rubi R.
Renee Donnelly’s Avatar
Renee Donnelly | CEO ContigoU Hi Rubi, It's commendable that you want to help others and ...

What are the best pre-requisite classes to take before entering medical school?

This is more specifically for becoming an emergency room surgeon. #medicine...

#doctor

1

Tammy Russell, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Active Sep 26 at 06:40 PM

Posted by Phillip S.’s Avatar Phillip S.
Tammy Russell, Ph.D.’s Avatar
Tammy Russell, Ph.D. | First-Generation College Students | Academic Advisor | Career ... Hi, Phillip!many doctoral programs do not require students to major in ...

What is the educational path to become a private neurosurgeon ?

What are the steps and degrees you recommend and how many years do you think it takes? #college #college-major #medicine #healthcare...

#doctor

1

Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Active Sep 27 at 02:37 PM

Posted by Denise C.’s Avatar Denise C.
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA’s Avatar
Ransi Somaratne MD MBA | Physician and Biotechnology Executive Becoming a neurosurgeon in private practice is not different from neurosurgery ...

things that i should know before becoming a doctor

1

Dheeraj Nagpal’s Avatar
Active Sep 22 at 11:58 PM

Posted by esmeralda P.’s Avatar esmeralda P.
Dheeraj Nagpal’s Avatar
Dheeraj Nagpal | Anesthesiologist First and foremost you have to ask yourself why you want ...

I am in the 10th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests ?

At school, I am most interested in math, and science, while my hobbies include helping and looking out for others, and doing makeup. A topic that i am passionate about is helping people. What are some career options that best align with these interests and what are some helpful next steps i...

#career-counseling #cosmetologist #doctor

2

Pamela Smith’s Avatar Angela Blackledge’s Avatar
Active Sep 24 at 02:38 PM

Posted by Ashlyn R.’s Avatar Ashlyn R.
Pamela Smith’s Avatar
Pamela Smith | Experienced Career Advisor Hi Ashlyn,I suggest writing a list of careers that you are ...

How long would it take for me to become an Orthodontist, and where to I begin?

My name is Athalia, and i have just began my 10th grade year. In school, I am very interested in science/biology. My hobbies are softball, writing and reading. A topic that I'm passionate about is science/biology because it has to d o with the study of human life. I hope to become an...

#biology #doctor #science #medical-school #orthodontist #teeth #medicine

1

Sheena Tolbert’s Avatar
Active Sep 29 at 10:26 PM

Posted by Athalia O.’s Avatar Athalia O.
Sheena Tolbert’s Avatar
Sheena Tolbert | Customer Service Advocate <span style="color: rgb(85, 85, 85);">In order to become an orthodontist you ...
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Ken Simmons | Assist with Recognizing and Developing Potential Congratulations on being interested in finding the right career to follow.. ...

I am beginning to explore about my career path and I want to understand more about the education needed to become a Doctor(Surgeon) ?

I love helping people that are sick to feel better. I alway enjoy doing volunteer work to help other. #medicine #doctor #medical #career...

#healthcare

1

Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Active Sep 21 at 07:47 PM

Posted by Quynh N.’s Avatar Quynh N.
Ken Simmons’s Avatar
Grace Taaka’s Avatar
Grace Taaka | Health care Love what you do and be patient because children need patience ...

I would like to be a Physician Anesthesiologist, what do you recommend I do?

1

Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Active Oct 08 at 02:24 AM

Posted by Aileen H.’s Avatar Aileen H.
Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Naiara Barbosa | Board-Certified Dermatologist Hi there! You have to go through medical school first (4 ...

What should you do in high school in order to become a doctor in the future?

1

William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
Active Sep 22 at 02:09 AM

Posted by Ashley P.’s Avatar Ashley P.
William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A. | Results-oriented leader, physician, professor, author and speaker. Congratulations on your foresight in preparing early! Develop good study habits. ...

As a high school senior, what steps should I take as I study for the Medical College Admissions Test while doing my classwork for my undergraduate degree? How many hours would be ideal to study a day?

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon and I want advice to help me further enhance my eduaction and get ahead. I also want to join the BSMD program. Is that recommended? #bsmd #doctor #undergraduate #surgeon...

#mcats

1

William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
Active Sep 02 at 03:58 AM

Posted by Jennifer C.’s Avatar Jennifer C.
William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A.’s Avatar
William Hervey, M.D., M.B.A. | Results-oriented leader, physician, professor, author and speaker. Congratulations on thinking ahead. It is never too early to start ...

I have heard that medical school is the toughest four years of a future physician. What tips can be given to someone who is aspiring to go in that field? How should time be managed which doing the internship at the hospitals and studying for your classes?

I want to become a cardiothoracic surgeon however I am unsure what path to take. Should I just simply go to college and apply for as many scholarships as possible to pay it off or should I join the Airforce or Navy? #surgeon #doctor #military...

#medicine

1

kayla leonard’s Avatar
Active Nov 29 at 06:12 PM

kayla leonard’s Avatar
kayla leonard Time management can be tough when you are in school and ...

Would it be most beneficial to study for the MCAT while being enrolled in college or after graduation?

I’m planning on going to medical school after I graduate from college. I was wondering if I should study for the MCAT while being enrolled or after graduating since there’s a lot going on while being enrolled in college. However, I’m afraid on how one or the other may affect my scores. I may...

#medicine #doctor

1

Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Active Oct 08 at 02:28 AM

Posted by Jocelyn R.’s Avatar Jocelyn R.
Naiara Barbosa’s Avatar
Naiara Barbosa | Board-Certified Dermatologist Hi,Normally, people will apply to medical school during the end of ...

Over 58,000 students, educators, and professionals are discussing their career paths on CareerVillage.

Join us

icon-country-tagsCurrently showing results for: Global (all countries) (change)