Career questions tagged doctor

User Avatar
undefined's avatar
Alayna5 views

What is the best major to take in college if you want to be a surgeon?

I want to become a Pediatric or Neonatal Surgeon and am genuinely curious what major most people who take this pathway take.

undefined's avatar
adrian4 views

Anesthesiologist. I need help on how. Why, because they make good money and my anesthesiologist helped calm me down when I went into surgery.?

Anesthesiologist. I need help on how. Why, because they make good money and my anesthesiologist helped calm me down when I went into surgery.

undefined's avatar
Aimerance15 views

What certification is required for risk management ?

What kinds of step can be take to get a Compliance Analyst job?

undefined's avatar
Dee20 views

he? What do you do in high school and college to become a midwife?

I am interested in the career of a midwife and I need some course guidance on it.

undefined's avatar
Ruth7 views

Why is medical cause takes long to graduate?

What factors can be considered before joining college

undefined's avatar
Selenna150 views

Will I be able to become a doctor with one hand?

Hello, I’m 17 becoming a doctor has always been a dream of mine. Sometimes I wonder if I’m able to achieve it… will I be treated differently… will I be denied med school… what will be my limitations… how do I feel comfortable or confident without having my prosthetic… how will patients or coworkers feel . There’s so many questions I have mainly because you don’t find too many people with one hand especially in healthcare. Any advice ?.#Spring24

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sierra128 views

Are surgical technologists on their feet all day?

I am a 19 year old Job Corps student. I want to know if I should expect to be on my feet the entire shift or if I will have time to be seated.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sierra74 views

How would a surgical technologist remain out of the way during a procedure?

I am a 19 year old Job Corps student. I want to be a surgical technologist, and need tips on staying out of the surgeons way during a procedure.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Sierra48 views

Are there lots of moments in which a surgical technologist tends to get in the way of the surgeon?

I am a 19 year old Job Corps student that wants to do something in the medical field. I want to know if being in the way of surgeons will potentially be an issue as a new worker.

undefined's avatar
Shandale67 views

What is a day in life of a pediatrician ?

I am interested in learning more about it because I am looking into this field of medicine.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Amaya159 views

As a sophomore, how would I know if I want to be a neurosurgeon or not when I graduate college?

I know that I want to be a neurosurgeon when I get older but I'm not sure that is something I'm going to want to do when I graduate college.

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Aeriel250 views

What is the pathway I need to take to become an Anesthesiologist ?

What major do I need to take in college? Do I need med school? Approximately how long would it take for me to become an Anesthesiologist?

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Marc194 views

What are some internships for a freshman who wants to become a doctor in the future?

I am currently in 9th grade, and I am very interested in science, math, and medicine.

answer icon2 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Breanna315 views

Are there any medical professionals that I can interview quickly?

I have to interview any kind of doctor/ healthcare worker for an English paper in my class, so I’d greatly appreciate a few answers to include in my assignment: 1) please tell me about your educational and professional background, and why you wanted to go into the medical field. 2) what are some obstacles that you encountered when going through medical school? How did you get past them? 3) what advice would you offer others who are trying to get into your profession? 4) How are you able to maintain a work-life balance when having such a demanding job?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Manor226 views

How can I become a surgeon?

Brain surgeon

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hawa242 views

How can you achieve that career goal?

Willing to be in health care or probably a nurse, but I am still deciding what I want to do in life and trying to make the best of it

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ashly159 views

Im not sure whether to become a nurse or a doctor, should get a RN first and then study to become a doctor? or can i do both at the same time?

I’m just graduating high school and i’m already set to go to a university and study for a major of biology this upcoming fall but i’m scare that i will waist my time because u genuinely have no idea what to do or how to do it.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
aditya270 views

What is a CRNA, What are the benefits and expected salary What is the path to take to be a doctor in anesthesia? What are the differences between a CRNA, a Travel nurse, and a doctor in anesthesia??

I like math and science and I am in 10th grade. I want to go into medicine. Anesthesia seems very appealing but I do not know anything about the path to becoming one.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caleb179 views

How do I become a surgeon ?

Brain surgeon

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Caleb143 views

How can I become a surgeon ?

Brain surgery

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Mind167 views

What are the factors I could do to keep myself healthy ?

Help me out guys I need

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
fruit220 views

I want to work in the medical field and become an orthopedist.?

Currently I'm a freshman in high school and I want to study medicine. The study of Orthopaedics has interested me and I want to follow a career path related to this field. Since this age and grade is the perfect time for me to plan for my future and think about what I want to be, I have some questions about this profession. Is it worth it? Should I dedicate the rest of my life in the field of medicine because it has good opportunities and pays good money or should I do it because it is a deep interest of mine? And if so, should I spend 8 years in college or switch to a medical school? What is the better option?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Kennedy335 views

School Advice?

Since I'm starting my sophomore year of high school in the fall, I would like some advice for the incoming school year. I am interested in the medical field (especially psychiatry) and would like to have some tips to build a strong resume over the school year for internships I can have when my junior year starts.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Dominique158 views

What is the best way to succeed in school ?

What is the best way to succeed well in high school and what to do to be successful

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Ruth268 views

What are some considerable opportunities a pre-med student or any person interested in the medical field should take advantage of?

What are some recommendations for medical opportunities?

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Jamilet428 views

What is pay based off in Nuclear med?

Does the type of degree matter on how much you get paid?

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar

How do I obtain a work visa in medical laboratories in the United States?

How do I get a work visa? I am a medical laboratory technician who needs a job in the United States of America

answer icon1 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hannah210 views

Where should I start with job shadowing as a pre-med student?

Hi! I am going to be attending college in Phoenix this fall as a freshman. I'm a pre-med student majoring in Biology. I know it's a little early, but I know job shadowing is a very important part of the pre-med process, both for applying to medical school and for being certain that medicine is the right career path. Any tips on how to clinical shadow would be incredibly helpful as I am not sure where to begin. Can I contact hospitals in the area? Do I need to ask physicians directly or will hospitals connect me with physicians who are open to being shadowed? Thank you and I appreciate any answers and information!

answer icon3 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Hannah338 views

Is it worth it to pursue a career as a physician?

I'm a graduating senior in high school and I will be attending university this fall to major in Biology with an emphasis in pre-medicine. I've wanted to be a doctor my whole life. I lean towards primary care, and although I know that rotations are the key to knowing which specialty is best, as of right now I think I'd like to do med-peds. The problem is that I have heard so many negatives about being a physician. Between insurance problems, the potential for being sued, and political elements within healthcare, I wonder how doctors even have the time to care for their patients. And I've heard that they don't; rather, they have a specific amount of time they can spend with each patient, and the healthcare system is really mostly about making a profit. Current physicians-- is this true? Or are these just over exaggerations? I absolutely love science, and what I really want out of a career is the capability to truly help and serve people. I don't care about the salary as long as I have enough money to not worry about how I'm going to pay for necessities. I also want to travel the world, and I've always loved the idea of working internationally in underserved communities. Physicians, are you glad you stuck with it and became a doctor? Is residency really as awful as people say? Are the first two years of medical school completely memorization, or is it a combination of memorization and critical thinking? I really appreciate any insight and answers you have to my questions.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon
undefined's avatar
Chuer292 views

How can I find opportunities to shadow physicians/doctors?

I'm participating in a hospital internship + dentist's office internship this summer, but I'm not sure how indicative these experiences will be to experiencing what a real healthcare experience is like. So, I'm wondering if shadowing a doctor would be better.

answer icon4 answers
Active
location icon