Career Questions tagged Science

Science focuses on knowledge of the physical and material world gained through observation and experiments. It is broken down into three main groups. Physical sciences focus on topics such as...

Kayla B.’s Avatar
Kayla B. yesterday 27 views

How difficult would it be to succeed in Pediatrics?

I am an 8th grader and I have always aspired to be in the medical field. The past few years I have been trying to narrow down exactly *what* kind of career I would like to pursue in said field, and I picked pediatrics, since I enjoy working with children. I have recently gotten accepted into a...

#pediatrics #science

Samyukta S.’s Avatar
Samyukta S. Mar 14 66 views

Hi! Can I know the process of becoming a forensic scientist IN INDIA?

I wanted to know what should be done after 12th grade if I want to pursue Forensic Science. What is the whole process? What are some good colleges? How many years will it take? What are its job requirements? Note- I want to know how it works in INDIA #forensic #science #college #doctor #crime...

#india

Jon K.’s Avatar
Jon K. Mar 12 53 views

What are good things to consider for graduate school if I want to be a research physicist

I am a Junior at RIT, and I want to be a research physicist, but I'm not sure what are some good things to consider when thinking about graduate school. How important is it that I know what I want my career to be right now? Is it ok to switch programs mid-way through? #college #science...

Catherine M.’s Avatar
Catherine M. Feb 25 73 views

What is the process to becoming a forensic pathologist like?

As another career choice that interests me I was wondering what the process to becoming a forensic pathologist is like. #forensics #forensicpathologist...

#science

Catherine M.’s Avatar
Catherine M. Feb 25 83 views

Will forensic science be like an office job?

My like mortal fear is sitting at an office doing work at the same desk for the rest of my life. I was wondering if I could get any insight as to what being a day looks like as a forensic scientist, as I know some about it, but I'm sure I could get a much more detailed answer here!...

#forensicscience #deskjob #career #science

Emma N.’s Avatar
Emma N. Feb 24 129 views

Do I need to be good at math to succeed as a Biology major?

I like biology, but I struggle with math. I really want to be either a biologist or a forensic scientist. Anyone in the biology field bad at math? #biology #science #math #mathematics...

Morgan W.’s Avatar
Morgan W. Feb 19 97 views

What degree would I need to work as a salesman for a seed company?

I’d like to help farmers be more efficient and get greater yields. #science #biology #agriculture #dekalb, #agleader...

#pioneer

Abby T.’s Avatar
Abby T. Feb 18 88 views

Does anyone know any clinical lab science masters degree programs in MA or RI? Also called medical lab science, medical lab technology, etc.

It is so hard to find certain degree programs through google searches. All I see are ads and online programs, and I am definitely not looking for an online program. I want to ensure that I'm not missing any schools that offer a masters degree in this subject. #clinicallabscience...

#mastersdegree #science #college #medicallabscience #medicaltechnologist #career

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Feb 17 214 views

What does it take to become a Scientist?

This is another kind of career I'd like to study one day. If I want to become a Scientist for my future, what do I need to learn? Like what degree do I need? Or where could be a perfect college? Because I'm planning to learn about some Chemistry, Anatomy, and mostly Technology Science. #science...

#technology #anatomy #career #chemistry

Alex A.’s Avatar
Alex A. Jan 19 108 views

How can I sign up for a class remotely at Harper College?

I'm not entirely able to apply for a class at Harper College. I just graduated last year, and I had a plan on going there in person, but, there's a pandemic in the way. So, I was wondering if remote classes are available, because I'm planning on doing at least two classes remotely, such as...

#classes #college #cartoonist #technology #remoteclasses #science

Alan S.’s Avatar
Alan S. Jan 04 93 views

Does publishing research on healthcare systems and reforms to the American healthcare system look good for potential pre-med students?

I am a sophomore in high school, but I will be writing a research article on the economics of the American healthcare system and I would also provide some reforms we could make. This piece will likely be published on Google Scholar and other political/STEM research journals. I want to major in...

#science #pre-med #research

Abby L.’s Avatar
Abby L. Dec 15, 2020 237 views

Is an MBA more useful than a PhD if I want to keep my options open?

I'm a 3rd year physics major at RIT and still have no idea what I want to do for a living once I graduate. I've heard that our MBA program is great, and I've been enjoying business-related work in my current job. Though I'm not sure what physics and business could combine to make me uniquely...

#business #physics-major #mba #phd #physics #science #college #stem

Angelika K.’s Avatar
Angelika K. Dec 08, 2020 224 views

What classes would I require to become a successful Marine Biologist?

I'm a 9th grader (freshman) who has just started High school! I find marine biology VERY fascinating, I watch many shows about Marine Biology like SeaWorld's "Ocean mysteries". So I was curious to what required classes are needed to get a degree in Marine Biology since I aspire to become a...

#freshman #marinebiology #biologist #science

Ramsey P.’s Avatar
Ramsey P. Dec 07, 2020 369 views

What's the best major/career for me?

I have been trying to find a major/career that suits me for a while, but nothing seems to stick because I have so many interests. I recently graduated from Clayton State University with my Associate of Arts in Integrative Studies and I will be graduating from high school in May. I plan to...

#mentalhealth #management #math #business #science #education #college #career #healthcare

Kaley Q.’s Avatar
Kaley Q. Nov 24, 2020 146 views

How do I know when it is appropriate to ask for a raise in a science related field?

When I graduate high school I would really like to get a job as a science technician. Jobs are slim, but I'll work that out when I get there. My parents are both pretty passive, and don't really talk about work too much. How do I know when it's okay to talk to my boss about money related...

#college #career-goals #jobs #knowledge #work #career #science

Ugochukwu O.’s Avatar
Ugochukwu O. Nov 19, 2020 156 views

An adequate study habit

Please how do I make my medical studies organizing and as well be consistent in it? #health #science #para-medicine #medicine...

#givingiscaring

Catarina L.’s Avatar
Catarina L. Nov 18, 2020 137 views

Pharmacist looking for career options in Nutrition

I did a masters in Pharmaceutical Sciences but always had particular interest in Nutrition research. I enrolled in my degree thinking it would make it possible for me to work in Nutrition, but most of the jobs available are only in community pharmacy. Is there any course or degree that I can do...

#science #research #pharmacist #nutrition

Rheanna S.’s Avatar
Rheanna S. Nov 06, 2020 129 views

How do I know I'm going into the right field?

I'm planning on going to school for Kinesiology/ Exercise Science because I love helping others rehabilitate....

#science

Mary B.’s Avatar
Mary B. Nov 05, 2020 93 views

What skills will I gain when going into the science field?

Um I'm kind of an introvert. I'm pretty average with my smarts....

#science

Bradley P.’s Avatar
Bradley P. Nov 05, 2020 149 views

What do Chemist do?

#chemistry #science When you go into the Chemist occupation, what do the chemist do in their...

Joselyn S.’s Avatar
Joselyn S. Nov 02, 2020 234 views

What major would i choose if i wanted to become a nurse midwife?

Although it's probably still early, i am a sophomore i am high school, i've been invited into a program that is basically setting me up in the top universities/colleges and i've been doing research. I'm still a bit confused on majors and stuff like that but just know the basics will help a lot!...

#double-major #entrepreneurship #science #physics #nursing #college #university #midwife

Jared R.’s Avatar
Jared R. Oct 28, 2020 95 views

What advice would you give for someone considering working as a Archaeologist?

I am in 9th grade and the classes that I'm interested most in is Science and History. Something I'm really interested and looking to find a career in is Archaeology. #archaeology #science...

#history

Jared R.’s Avatar
Jared R. Oct 28, 2020 112 views

What are drawbacks of Archaeology?

#history

Jared R.’s Avatar
Jared R. Oct 28, 2020 70 views

What are the advantages and opportunities for advancement for Archaeology?

#history

Jared R.’s Avatar
Jared R. Oct 28, 2020 89 views

What are the duties, hours, working conditions, salary range, fringe benefits for a Archaeologist?

#history

Joel M.’s Avatar
Joel M. Oct 27, 2020 97 views

What colleges/universities have programs dedicated to Sports Medicine?

I have always been keen on joining the Sports Medicine industry as an adult as it's a career that I'm interested in. However, because it's a less popular choice than your typical biology, anatomy, chemistry, physiology, etc., fields, it's also not a common major amongst universities. What are...

#sportsmed #sportsmedicine #career #science