Career Questions tagged Science

Science focuses on knowledge of the physical and material world gained through observation and experiments. It is broken down into three main groups. Physical sciences focus on topics such as...

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23 14 views

what is it like in the day in the life of a political scientists?

Im in the 11th grade and I'm a liberal and I am very interested in politics and science #politicalscientist #science...

#politics

morgan H.’s Avatar
morgan H. Oct 23 28 views

I am in the 11th grade and I am just beginning to explore my future career, what are some careers and helpful next steps I should consider based on my passions and interests?

At school, I am interested in Science, Politics, and History. My hobbies include reading, skateboarding, and music. A topic I am passionate about is Science I have always been interested in science ever since I was younger. What are some career options that best align with these interests and...

#career-path #science #politics #motivation #career #business

Morgan L.’s Avatar
Morgan L. Oct 23 45 views

I am a 12th grader looking to choose her career path, but I am stuck between two very different routes; agricultural/animal sciences, or art? How should I go about making this big decision?

Throughout high school, I've been interested in both science and art for a potential career path. I've been able to narrow my search to animal/agricultural sciences, or game design/animation. Is there any way to combine these interests into a future path? If not, what would be a smarter...

#animator #college-choice #career-paths #science #art #agriculture

jade M.’s Avatar
jade M. Oct 22 35 views

Can chemical engineers work in the food and agriculture industry?

I have read that most chemical engineers work in the oil and gas industry, but I don't really want to work in that industry. My dream is to work in the food and agriculture industry. I would like to create fertilizers or new formulas for food. So can chemical engineers work in this industry or...

#stemcareers #stem #agriculture #chemical-engineer #science #engineer #engineering #food

Rama A.’s Avatar
Rama A. Oct 13 45 views

degree for higher education and countries

I am an IB student and I want to end up getting a masters or a PhD in a science that has to do with biology and chemistry such as biochemistry or medical science etc. I am in Dubai currently. I want to go to canada as I like the universities there but there are financial issues and I might have...

#higher-education #science #college

Fiepre C.’s Avatar
Fiepre C. Oct 08 77 views

What can I do to research and travel?

I’m leaning towards going into the STEM field and researching DNA. Maybe even research with psychology, nothing is concrete right now but I’m really interested in researching. But I also want to travel around the world while researching so my question is how can incorporate the two? I...

#psychology #research #researcher #science #travel

Annabeth R.’s Avatar
Annabeth R. Oct 08 66 views

Careers in Forensic Science

I am so interested in all of the careers in forensic science. It’s hard to know which one to major in. I know I don’t want to go in the careers that does autopsies. But all the rest seem so interesting. I just can’t choose. #forensicscience #forensic #science...

#professional

Emma B.’s Avatar
Emma B. Aug 31 338 views

Can someone recommend me a major to consider?

Hi everyone i'm applying to colleges right now am i'm having a hard time choosing a major. I like math and science but my natural strengths are in writing and public speaking. I would like to go to grad school after college but I also want a major that offers good career options right out of...

#career-path #majors #math #science #stem #career #career-counseling

Makari J.’s Avatar
Makari J. Aug 14 179 views

What advice do you have for students looking for internships in stem?

I have been applying to many different internships. Some research and some other positions, however I have been having difficulty getting call backs or responses. Do you have any advice about how I can increase my chances of being accepted? #collegeintern #researcher #tech #college #science #...

#engineeradvice #engineer

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 76 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#lawyers #law #sustainability #writing #july20 #environment #environmental-science #science #english #environmental-law

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 92 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? #astronomy #space #science #july20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa...

#csa

Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 175 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 105 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 136 views
Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 127 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 127 views

Environmentalists: What do you wish you knew before starting out at your job?

I am planning on majoring in an environmental field in college and I was wondering if you could let me know what you wished you knew before starting your career. Is there anything you would change about your education or your experiences before pursuing your career? #science #college #career...

#environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 106 views

What educational requirements are needed when applying for a job as an conservation scientist?

I am interested in studying environmental studies or science in college and I was wondering what classes I may need to take in order to be qualified for a career as a conservation scientist or in a sustainable-focused work environment. #science #college #sustainability...

#conservation

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 163 views

What are the possible careers one can pursue after majoring in environmental studies?

I am interested in studying environmental studies and dance in college and was wondering what careers others have pursued after earning a degree in environmental studies. How were you offered a job opportunity? What kind of resources were available to you during college that helped you prepare...

#environmentalstudies #environmental #science #college