Career Questions tagged Science

Science focuses on knowledge of the physical and material world gained through observation and experiments. It is broken down into three main groups. Physical sciences focus on topics such as...

Amanda C.’s Avatar
Amanda C. Jul 31 33 views

What kind of work do environmental lawyers do?

I'm thinking about going into environmental law because I love English and I'm passionate about sustainability and the environment, but I don't know a lot about what kind of work it involves. Are there different types of environmental lawyers? Does it involve a lot of writing and editing? Are...

#writing #july20 #sustainability #science #environmental-law #environment #lawyers #environmental-science #english #law

Emily S.’s Avatar
Emily S. Jul 26 51 views

What is it like being a scientist working for a space agency?

Currently, I am looking into possibly pursuing a science degree and work at a space agency. What kind of work do you do at a space agency like NASA? #astronomy #space #science #july20 #career #astronomer #scientist #nasa...

#csa

Leonardo Z.’s Avatar
Leonardo Z. Jun 16 145 views

Research in industry vs academia

I am a current graduate student in materials science looking into research careers after I graduate. Do you have any insights into the differences between doing research at a company, compared to a university? #science #research...

#graduate-school

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 74 views

What is the difference between Applied, Experimental, and Exploratory Research/ are they the same?

I'm a current undergrad student and want to pursue a career in research. I;m almost halfway through undergrad and I'm trying to narrow down what specifically I want to pursue. #medicine #research #science...

#biology

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. Jun 16 115 views
Steven T.’s Avatar
Steven T. Jun 15 83 views

Best entry level position for a career in forensic biology?

Currently a junior working on a bachelors in forensic biology at CSU Sacramento. I am a veteran that is trying to get a career in forensics. #forensic #forensics #biology #criminal-justice...

#science

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 101 views

Environmentalists: What do you wish you knew before starting out at your job?

I am planning on majoring in an environmental field in college and I was wondering if you could let me know what you wished you knew before starting your career. Is there anything you would change about your education or your experiences before pursuing your career? #science #college #career...

#environmental

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 57 views

What educational requirements are needed when applying for a job as an conservation scientist?

I am interested in studying environmental studies or science in college and I was wondering what classes I may need to take in order to be qualified for a career as a conservation scientist or in a sustainable-focused work environment. #science #college #sustainability...

#conservation

Isabella K.’s Avatar
Isabella K. Jun 15 110 views

What are the possible careers one can pursue after majoring in environmental studies?

I am interested in studying environmental studies and dance in college and was wondering what careers others have pursued after earning a degree in environmental studies. How were you offered a job opportunity? What kind of resources were available to you during college that helped you prepare...

#environmental #science #environmentalstudies #college

Grace E.’s Avatar
Grace E. Jun 10 169 views
Lillian H.’s Avatar
Lillian H. Jun 05 99 views

I am planning to be an Acoustic Engineer in the future, so I can use both of my music, math, and science skills. What is/are the best major(s) for this field?

I am a rising junior and as of now, I am planning to major in Physics in college. I am wondering if this would be good for the career. #career #science #engineering #music...

#math

Diepreye E.’s Avatar
Diepreye E. Jun 03 183 views

Are there companies that help market and creat prototype for your invention free of cost to you

I have a marine tech idea that is very lucrative and can help further research into marine life and related field and need help in seeing this invention made into reality I've done a patent search into it and it's in the clear I've tried searching for companies or people to make the prototype...

#idea #investment-management #finance #science #business #entrepreneur #marine-biology #design #technology #innovation #marketing #invention

Candice W.’s Avatar
Candice W. May 28 157 views

Environmentalists: What does your typical work week consist of? All sub-specialties welcome.

I'm an undergraduate student struggling to commit to a major, after changing time and time again. After finally settling on a general area of study, it's time to determine a more focused area. The top bachelors degree programs that I am looking at include environmental engineering,...

#sustainability #science #environment #college

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 266 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#research #science #math #computer-science #stem #engineering

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 139 views

To math and applied science majors - Has your major helped you reach your career goals? What do you do now?

And if applicable, did you go to grad school?What types of internships were you able to get that were outside your major (e.g. math major getting an engineering or computer science type of internship)? #math #career #college-major #science...

#applied-science

Reese K.’s Avatar
Reese K. May 20 161 views

Would you suggest taking a year to study abroad?

I absolutely love adventuring and the outdoors. I am part of the choir program and I have been a dancer for the last 14 years. I am totally a nature and science nerd! #science...

#study-abroad

Hrucha D.’s Avatar
Hrucha D. May 17 175 views

Career Options after Graduating?

Hi, I wanted to know what are the possible career options with a Bachelors' Degree in Life Sciences. Thanks in advanced for your help! #science #career #career-choice...

#career-path

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 258 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#solutions #major #tech #science #college #math #technology #engineering #engineer

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 86 views
diety M.’s Avatar
diety M. May 15 131 views

I really want to be a veterinarian, but I struggle a lot with science and math so can anyone give me advice on how to tackle this on.

I love animals, but I hate science and math. I am bad at both and have not had good teachers to help me with my trouble in it. I don't want this to stop me from pursuing my dream and making me regret not trying so is there anyone who has been in the same boat as me? I am very intimidated...

#veterinary #veterinarian #animals #science #career