Career Questions tagged Science

Science focuses on knowledge of the physical and material world gained through observation and experiments. It is broken down into three main groups. Physical sciences focus on topics such as...

Diepreye E.’s Avatar
Diepreye E. 19 hours ago 30 views

Are there companies that help market and creat prototype for your invention free of cost to you

I have a marine tech idea that is very lucrative and can help further research into marine life and related field and need help in seeing this invention made into reality I've done a patent search into it and it's in the clear I've tried searching for companies or people to make the prototype...

#marketing #marine-biology #science #idea #entrepreneur #technology #finance #invention #innovation #design #business #investment-management

Candice W.’s Avatar
Candice W. May 28 51 views

Environmentalists: What does your typical work week consist of? All sub-specialties welcome.

I'm an undergraduate student struggling to commit to a major, after changing time and time again. After finally settling on a general area of study, it's time to determine a more focused area. The top bachelors degree programs that I am looking at include environmental engineering,...

#environment #sustainability #college #science

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 26 117 views

Are internships more preferable than research experience?

Is there one that grad schools and/or employers would rather see on an application? If someone is unable to land an internship, would their research experiences make up for it? I'm more curious about this for STEM fields, but any input would be helpful and greatly appreciated! #internship...

#engineering #math #computer-science #stem #research #science

Ashley T.’s Avatar
Ashley T. May 22 72 views

To math and applied science majors - Has your major helped you reach your career goals? What do you do now?

And if applicable, did you go to grad school?What types of internships were you able to get that were outside your major (e.g. math major getting an engineering or computer science type of internship)? #math #career #college-major #science...

#applied-science

Reese K.’s Avatar
Reese K. May 20 86 views

Would you suggest taking a year to study abroad?

I absolutely love adventuring and the outdoors. I am part of the choir program and I have been a dancer for the last 14 years. I am totally a nature and science nerd! #science...

#study-abroad

Hrucha D.’s Avatar
Hrucha D. May 17 78 views

Career Options after Graduating?

Hi, I wanted to know what are the possible career options with a Bachelors' Degree in Life Sciences. Thanks in advanced for your help! #science #career #career-choice...

#career-path

Jane S.’s Avatar
Jane S. May 16 126 views

How do I know if engineering is the right field for me?

Hi! I'm currently a high school student trying to figure out what to major in for college. I enjoy solving problems and learning math/science, but I've never really been the type of person to take things apart and put them together just for the sake of it. Could I still consider being an...

#major #college #engineering #math #solutions #technology #tech #engineer #science

Christopher K.’s Avatar
Christopher K. May 15 36 views
diety M.’s Avatar
diety M. May 15 82 views

I really want to be a veterinarian, but I struggle a lot with science and math so can anyone give me advice on how to tackle this on.

I love animals, but I hate science and math. I am bad at both and have not had good teachers to help me with my trouble in it. I don't want this to stop me from pursuing my dream and making me regret not trying so is there anyone who has been in the same boat as me? I am very intimidated...

#animals #veterinary #veterinarian #career #science

Harry S.’s Avatar
Harry S. May 13 61 views

How do you get a lab internship as a high school student?

I would love to know, be introduced, or be given with any tips towards getting into a lab internship as a high school student specifically inside the pediatrics, behavior science, or Autism related lab research. #internship #student #highschool #science...

#research

Bella P.’s Avatar
Bella P. May 01 99 views

What are some tips to help me with getting into college and what are the best majors when going into forensic engineering?

Love math Very musically talented, play violin and Viola for school orchestra and chamber groups Have a job Play soccer, track and alpine skiing for PHS Has lots of interests in forensic engineering Takes a high school basic forensic class #college #college #forensics...

#science

Uduak-Abasi E.’s Avatar
Uduak-Abasi E. May 09 45 views

What colleges in Canada to major in MBBS?

I am passionate about #food and #medicine. I am getting a first degree in #food #science and #technology, but i still want to get a professional degree in #medicine and...

#surgery

Jacqueline D.’s Avatar
Jacqueline D. May 08 126 views

Is software engineering a fulfilling job?

I'm a sophomore studying computer science at a large 4-year university. I've been doubting my major choice a lot, and whether I will be fulfilled later in life working as a software engineer or at a tech company. I work as a math tutor right now, and I really enjoy helping and interacting with...

#technology #computer #engineering #computer-science #science

Gordon P.’s Avatar
Gordon P. May 08 77 views

How can I endeavour in my interests and thrive in the careers I want with this experience?

I am a year 12 student studying in the UK, but returned to HK temporarily. I am studying biology, chemistry, single math and Japanese at the moment, and I am considering nursing/medicine and other healthcare professions as my future career. I hope that I can learn more from volunteering and...

#nursing #science #medical #medicine #healthcare

Shannon S.’s Avatar
Shannon S. May 07 103 views
M A.’s Avatar
M A. May 07 129 views

can you help find a volunteering or an internship opportunity ?

i am a potential computer science student .looking for an internship or volunteering opportunity that will allow me to utilize my problem solving skills and attention to detail to further develop my abilities in the field of computer science. #internship #computer-science #computer #science...

#technology

Niharika S.’s Avatar
Niharika S. May 05 93 views

How important is it to be a part of extra curricular activities in college?

I have just completed first year at the University of Western Ontario in General Science. I will be majoring in Biology and have a long term goal of becoming a doctor. #biology #science...

#medicine

Tina L.’s Avatar
Tina L. May 02 106 views

Is it crazy to take 2 science courses + 1 math course in one semester?

I am going to transfer to a 4-year university as a biology major, but the classes they require are mainly and only science + math classes. I already finished my "smaller" classes in the previous semesters, such as art, English, history, etc. Each of my remaining semesters in school will...

#major #college #university #biology #math #mathematics #chemistry #bioscience #calculus #science

Aghia M.’s Avatar
Aghia M. Apr 27 100 views

How can I find remote research/internship oportunities this summer?

Hi! I just finished my freshmen year of undergrad and was supposed to enroll in a research project this summer. unfortunately all the programs that I applied to are cancelled due to covid-19. was wondering if I could still find some online research related programs. #research #internship...

#medical #science

Kaitlyn R.’s Avatar
Kaitlyn R. Apr 25 72 views

What is the average day in the life of a dermatologist?

I am a sophomore in high school still trying to figure out what sort of career path to take. I like to take care of others, enjoy all types of science, and enjoy drawing. Dermatology is a career choice I am interested in because I care very much about my skin and my overall well-being and also...

#skin #dermatologist #hospital-and-health-care #career #doctor #medicine #science

Jared H.’s Avatar
Jared H. Apr 22 114 views

What does a day in the life of an engineer look like?

I have always been passionate about engineering, but I want to see if the daily work done by an engineer would match my personalities and strengths. #engineering #engineer...

#science