Career Questions tagged Marine

quinn R.’s Avatar
quinn R. Sep 16

i want to be a marine

im in 8th grade and wondering what high school classes to take...

#marine

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jun 02

How do companies view military service?

When hiring, do companies view military service as a good or bad thing? If it it a good thing, what branch looks best? Marines, Army, Army National Guard, Air Force, Air National Guard, Navy, Coast Guard? And does it look better to have been an enlisted or officer? (I'm guessing the best...

#technology #any #major #hiring #military #company #army #career #marine #future #marines #corporate #coast-guard #pilot #aviation #college #navy

Sophia L.’s Avatar
Sophia L. Mar 08

What is your description of a marine biologist?

I would like to know your description of marine biologists. Put your opinions AND facts <3 #marine-biology #biology #biologist #environmental-science...

#marine

Christian S.’s Avatar
Christian S. Jan 24

What can I do to become a fighter pilot?

I'm trying to prepare to become a fighter pilot. Either in the Air Force or Marines. I understand the process to become one, but what can I do to prepare? What subjects can I take in high school? What degree would be best to take while in college? #airline-industry #navy #military #pilot...

#raptor #any #air-force #marines #armed-forces #high-school #fighter-pilot #army #aviation #hashtag #college #career #marine #airline

Najla K.’s Avatar
Najla K. Aug 26, 2018

For someone who doesn’t know what they want or expect from their future, what advice can you give?

I’ve never really had a professional interest in subjects. Yes, I enjoy leaning about the unknown so astronomy and marine biology would seem too of my list but, is that what is meant for me? Though I enjoy the subject, I’m not sure if that’s the path I should be taking. #undecided #astronomy...

#biology #marine #unknown #advice

Jewel H.’s Avatar
Jewel H. Aug 09, 2018

How is it like to attend a maritime academy?

I would like to know the environment and the subject you learn assuming your major is marine transportation. #maritime #marine #marine-transportation #navy...

#nautical

Ian D.’s Avatar
Ian D. Mar 20, 2018

How is the career stability and longevity for Merchant Mariners?

I'm transferring to a Maritime Academy in the fall and if there are any Merchant Mariners on here I'd love to know the relative stability and longevity with the career whether that's with a degree in terms of an Officer or an AB sailor. I think this might be a bit of a longshot since it's not a...

#marine #career #maritime

Gabby V.’s Avatar
Gabby V. Sep 01, 2017

What are some jobs that relate to Marine life?

Interested in animals, but confused on well paying jobs in this topic. #marine #ocean #history #biology...

#marine-biology

Penny  K.’s Avatar
Penny K. May 19, 2016

What is the highest salary a Marine Biologist can receive?

I am a Senior of 2016 and am interested in Marine Biology at the University of Hawaii at Manoa. I am asking this question because I want to get a better understanding on what I will be getting myself into for college. I want to make sure I am confident when going into this field of study....

#university-of-hawaii #oceanography #marine #financial-planning #biology

Mackenzie H.’s Avatar
Mackenzie H. May 05, 2016

Double majoring?

I know for a fact that I want to major in a science when I go off to college. I am having trouble with figuring out the best option for that. I know for a fact i want to major in a biology of some sort. Would it be possible to major in biology and then minor in either cellular biology or maybe...

#science #marine #molecular-biology #college #college-major #double-major #biology

Camille O.’s Avatar
Camille O. Oct 31, 2016

Is it hard to find a job in the field of marine biology?

It is a dream to be one, but I want to know if it could possibly be a reality. #biology #professional...

#marine

Tessa P.’s Avatar
Tessa P. Oct 31, 2016

What companies work with sharks in the ocean

I really wanna study mackerel shark behavior #biology...

#marine

Tessa P.’s Avatar
Tessa P. Oct 31, 2016

How do I get a job in my prefered field

So what if you have the degree, what do you do next? #biology...

#marine

Madelyn K.’s Avatar
Madelyn K. Oct 26, 2016

What research do marine biologists do?

I'm majoring and biology and am curious about marine biology. #science #biology #marine-biology...

#marine

Katherine C.’s Avatar
Katherine C. Oct 11, 2016

What steps should I take in attempting to become a marine biology?

I am a junior in high school that has an interest in studying marine biology. What should I do to get started? #college #biology #majors...

#marine

Keshavi G.’s Avatar
Keshavi G. Aug 16, 2016

I wanted to know if I can have a career in forensics with biotechnology?

I have completed my undergraduate studies in Biotechnology. My project work was based on the medicinal and molecular properties of local algae. Since I was in college, I was always fascinated with forensics, however I have not been able to study it at university because we didn't have it in my...

#scientist #life-sciences #forensic #marine

Gokul R.’s Avatar
Gokul R. Jun 24, 2016

Hai. I am Gokul. What are the Duties of Marine Engineer in a Ship?

Hai. Can I know what are the Duties to be taken up by a marine Engineer in a ship. #engineer #education #educator #marine #united-states-navy #water...

#shipping

ankita V.’s Avatar
ankita V. Jun 24, 2016

how to become a marine engineer?

I want to pursue a career in marine,which field should I go for? #science #engineer #computer #technology...

#marine

Gokulakrishnan M.’s Avatar
Gokulakrishnan M. Jun 24, 2016

Selecting Marine Engineer? How hard is to work.

Hello. I am Gokul. I have planned to Select Marine. Pls let me know the actual Job profile of Marine and How hard it is. #engineer #professor #student #educator #engineers #marine-biology...

#marine

Abdul R.’s Avatar
Abdul R. Jun 22, 2016

I want to make my career in Marine Engineering. Which subjects are essential for Marine Engineering?

Hi I want to make my career in Marine Engineering. I am now in 9th, which subjects are essential for Marine Engineering? #engineering #international #marine...

#boats

ariadna S.’s Avatar
ariadna S. May 26, 2016

marine biology

what do i major in if i want to study marine biology? #biology #major...

#marine

Penny  K.’s Avatar
Penny K. May 19, 2016

Is Marine Biology a popular career choice? If so, how easy will it be for me to get a good career once I graduate from college?

The ocean and it's inhabitants are very interesting and important to me to protect and study. Marine Biology is a dream of mine to be near the ocean and study what I love. I am curious, however, if it is a popular career because I want to be able to have a steady job once I finish college....

#oceanography #biology #career #marine

krystine S.’s Avatar
krystine S. May 14, 2016

What else is involved in marine biology besides research?

As much as I love research and would love to have my own study, I do not want to be studying and doing research as a career. What is beyond it? #science #marine...

#oceanography

Breanna P.’s Avatar
Breanna P. May 13, 2016

What is the Best Way to Decide on Which Area of Study to Persue?

I am not sure on what I really want to go to college for. Currently I am a junior in high school. I am thinking of going into marine sciences or something with culinary. I've been thinking about doing summer programs to see which career interests me more but they are too expensive to do both....

#science #college #oceanography #culinary #career #chef #marine