Career Questions tagged Biotechnology

Fathima M.’s Avatar
Fathima M. Jan 17, 2018 235 views

How do I blend visual art and writing skill with my biotechnology degree for a career?

Ever since I was a kid, I was constantly stuck between wanting to be an artist, a writer, or a scientist. There must be some way to have all these things in my life, but I'm not really sure since I want to be a microbiologist or parasitologist. #biology #biotechnology #molecular-biology...

#painting #drawing #marine-biology #cell-biology #evolutionary-biology #wildlife-biology #writer #drawing-and-painting

Fathima M.’s Avatar
Fathima M. Jan 17, 2018 266 views

What should I expect when it comes to sexism and racism in the STEM field, because I know it's quite pervasive in the US?

I'm South Asian, muslim, and a woman, and so far I've not experienced a lot of sexist or racist treatment, but I expect I'll run into it eventually. Is there any ideology I should keep in mind, or any resources I should look into? #racism #sexism #biology #biotechnology...

#women-in-stem

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 311 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

#biomed #first-job #engineering #engineering-industry #biomedical-engineering #electrical-engineering #biotechnology #career-change #career-plan

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 1127 views

What industry areas of Biomedical Engineering are the best for recent college graduates hoping to pursue a lifelong career in biomedical product engineering?

I am hoping to pursue a career in Biomedical Engineering. Since this field is so broad and full of various areas of concentration, I want to know what areas professionals think are the best to begin with. What areas will help those new to industry narrow down their interests and applicable...

#biomed #electrical-engineering #first-job #engineering #biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #engineering-industry

Yekaterina Z.’s Avatar
Yekaterina Z. Jan 16, 2018 343 views

How can I get in contact with people in the profession I'm considering?

I have wanted to become a biomedical engineer for many years, but there are many times when I wonder whether I would truly thrive in this career. I would love to shadow a biomedical engineer, especially as I want to declare my major in college as soon as possible. Is it rude or unacceptable for...

#choosing-a-major #bioengineering #hungry-for-info #biotechnology #biomedical #biomedical-engineering #bioengineer

Emily L.’s Avatar
Emily L. Jan 10, 2018 223 views

What are the best places for a biochemistry/biotechnology internship?

I am a 9th grader that has been interested in this field for a very long time. I know that work experience is quite valued, but don't know where the best internships lie. At least, the best ones in my area. To give a bit more detail about what I'm interested in, I'd like to do something with...

#biochemistry #internships #biotechnology

Hailey K.’s Avatar
Hailey K. Sep 01, 2017 266 views

What are the job opportunities for someone majoring in Biochemistry?

I'm interested in biochemistry but also want to make sure I'm picking a major that there will be good job opportunities available. I really don't want to be one of those college graduates who gest stuck waiting tables because they can't find a job! #research #biotechnology...

#science

Carolina N.’s Avatar
Carolina N. Sep 01, 2017 217 views

Study Habits that are helpful

Lately I've been having trouble in concentrating on any subject of school. Like my mind goes elsewhere. Most of all when I have to study for a quiz or a big test what suggesting's do you have?...

#biotechnology

Quynh V.’s Avatar
Quynh V. Sep 01, 2017 467 views

How do I know if I'm fit to be a biologist?

I really like biology and would like to go into the biomedical field, but I don't know if I am right for it. #bio #science #stem #biology...

#biotechnology

Cristia W.’s Avatar
Cristia W. Sep 01, 2017 365 views

What are some good biotech/biomedical companies in the Long Beach/Orange County area?

I am looking to enter this field upon my college graduation in 5 years and want to start looking into some great companies! Help is much appreciated! #biology #biotechnology #biotech #industrial-biotechnology #biomed #biomedical-engineering #biomedical...

#science

Abigail W.’s Avatar
Abigail W. May 30, 2017 484 views

What are some relevant careers involving biology or chemistry and what should I major in to enter those careers?

I know I'm interested in a career in biology or chemistry or both, but I don't know what major I should choose to have flexibility in choosing careers in both fields. I want to enter a high-paying career that will not expire in the near future. Or maybe my uncertainty as a junior in high...

#biochemistry #biology #biotechnology #biomedical-engineering #career-details #chemical-engineering #chemistry

kanika M.’s Avatar
kanika M. May 06, 2016 714 views

What are the difference between Biotechnology and Biomedical careers?

Can help me out with the Difference between Biomedical and Biotechnology. Job Opportunities and which is the Best among both. #engineering #medicine #engineer #teaching #professor #biology #educator...

#biotechnology

Quentin K.’s Avatar
Quentin K. May 05, 2016 452 views

What does the job market for Biomedical engineers look like?

Will there be jobs for biomed engineers coming out of college? If so, where? #college #engineering #engineer #professor #biology #professional...

#biotechnology

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Apr 04, 2017 551 views

what is the scope for biotechnology?

i want to know how the career opportunities will be like 10 years from now. i am looking for career after i take up BSc. (and not BTech)biotechnology. plps answer fast #biology #career-counseling #career-choice #biotechnology #molecular-biology #future-careers #bioengineering...

#research-and-development

Brian M.’s Avatar
Brian M. Mar 28, 2017 758 views

I'm currently a Biology, Wildlife&Conservation Science, and Film major. Should I switch to engineering, computers, or something along those lines?

I'm currently a Biology, Wildlife&Conservation Science, and Film major. I'm mildly regretting not majoring in computer science, engineering, or something along those lines, but I'm already a junior. I'm performing poorly in my classes lately...I'm a smart person, I've just been unmotivated...

#biology #mechanical-engineering #engineering #wildlife-biology #science #computer-science #biotechnology #environmental-science

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 28, 2017 499 views

which college/university is good for biotechnology?

i have at last decided that i would pursue biotechnology for sure. Now the question is which college/university should i apply for ? i also need some advice about which course should i take : bsc(biotechnology) , medical biotechnology, molecular biotechnology or genetic engineering . my aim is...

#college #university #college-admissions #college-advice #career-advice #professor #biotechnology

Mary H.’s Avatar
Mary H. Mar 21, 2017 557 views

Is it possible to study Medicine after undertaking a bachelaor deree in Medical Laboratory science and Biotecnology?

I study Chinese in Taiwan and after I finished my one year of studying Chinese language I want to study Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology because it is the only program offered in English besides engineering courses. However my dream is to study Medicine. #medicine #biotechnology...

#laboratory

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 14, 2017 682 views

can i pursue two courses at the same time

i am 16 right now and i need to choose my career so as to work for it in my last 2 years of my high school. I really want to pursue two careers and i wont be able to choose between them since i am really interested (sometimes talented too...) in them. so i dont know if i could do b.sc in...

#future-careers #fashion #research #biotech #fashion-design #student-counseling #biotechnology #career-counseling

Gillian C.’s Avatar
Gillian C. Mar 13, 2017 5619 views

Biomedical Engineering vs Chemical Engineering with Bio specialization?

I have been interested in pursuing a Biomedical Engineering major. However, people argue that biomedical engineering is the jack of all trades and master of none. This has been concerning for me as I would very much like to major in something and feel that I have mastered what I am learning...

#stem16 #engineering #chemical-engineer #biochemistry #stemcareers #biotechnology #biomedical-engineering #chemical-engineering

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Mar 12, 2017 822 views

What does a biotechnologist do on a daily basis?

I'm interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology, but I'm not sure what their day-to-day tasks look like. #biology #tech #biotechnology...

#women-in-tech

Mary H.’s Avatar
Mary H. Mar 05, 2017 593 views

Is it possible to study Medicine in Chinese

I'm a recipient of MOFA scholarship from Solomon Islands,currently in Taiwan learning Chinese for 6 months now and will continue until August.I want to study medicine but for me as an undergraduate student I must study the course in Chinese.Learning Chinese for only one year I'm not sure if I...

#veterinary #biotechnology #retail-pharmacy #medical-laboratory #medicine

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 26, 2017 490 views

How did you go about becoming a biotechnologist?

I'm a sophomore in high school and am interested in pursuing a career in biotechnology, but I'm not sure that the prerequisites are for tha field. #biotechnology...

#biotech

Bridget S.’s Avatar
Bridget S. Feb 25, 2017 704 views

What are some job possibilities for a Biotechnology major?

Biotechnology is the exploitation of biological processes for industrial and other purposes, especially the genetic manipulation of microorganisms for the production of antibiotics, hormones, etc. So creating new drugs and testing them for results of the strategic genetic changes? Which...

#biotech #biotechnology #biology #biological-technician

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Feb 11, 2017 639 views

Is it better to intern with a professor in a research lab or at a research company?

I'm a high schooler who would like to find an internship in the field of biomedical research, but I don't know if I should be inquiring professors or companies in that field. #biology #internships #research #biomedical-engineering #internship #biomedical...

#biotechnology

Michela C.’s Avatar
Michela C. Nov 14, 2016 552 views

If your a pre-med student Is it better to major in the sciences or a major of your choice?

I am a pre-med student and i would like to know which major in sciences or a major of your choice will benefit you when applying for a career or med school #medicine #biology #pre-med #physical-therapy #biotechnology #biochemistry #molecular-biology...

#bioinformatics

Nat W.’s Avatar
Nat W. Oct 31, 2016 534 views
Nat W.’s Avatar
Nat W. Oct 31, 2016 531 views

What is the most interesting project that someone in the field of biology has worked on?

I'm considering a major in biology. I want to know what projects biologists think are interesting. #biology #marine-biology #biotechnology #molecular-biology...

#cell-biology

kacey L.’s Avatar
kacey L. Oct 23, 2016 574 views

How rigorous are the required courses for a biochemistry major?

I was wondering if the courses to become a biochemistry major are extremely difficult. And if so, how much work and time they would require. Could I still hold a job while taking these classes? #medicine #science #biology #biotechnology...

#biochemistry

Hannah W.’s Avatar
Hannah W. Oct 27, 2016 421 views

What is a career in biomedical engineering like?

I've been very interested in biochemical engineering for a long time. I am interested in building and/or improving prosthetics. One of my closest friends was born without the lower half on one of her legs. With a lot of hard work and support from friends and family, as well as a great...

#prosthetics #biotechnology #engineering #biomedical-engineering #women-in-stem