Career Questions tagged Biotechnology

Freddie J.’s Avatar
Freddie J. May 31 248 views

How exactly should I choose a career in STEM?

Being in STEM is something that I would love to do however, I am not sure exactly what career I want. I know I want to do something that can help people, possibly work with machinery, and have a really good pay. I hate working in teams and I would rather meet up with people initially to...

Autumn S.’s Avatar
Autumn S. Oct 06, 2021 214 views

how long do I have to be in college?

#marine #biology #marine-biology #biotechnology

Pawani S.’s Avatar
Pawani S. Aug 27, 2021 1453 views

What are the career options available after Biotechnology B.tech?

#engineering #biotechnology #coding

Srishti G.’s Avatar
Srishti G. Apr 02, 2021 229 views

What kinds of jobs can I apply for in the US as an international student with a Biochemistry/Biotechnology bachelors degree , especially if I want to work for laboratory experience and then apply for graduate school?

#international-student #biochemistry #biotechnology #job

Maria Inês S.’s Avatar
Maria Inês S. Feb 22, 2021 225 views

What is the best career to work on investigation, Bio technologist or doctor?

#biotechnology
#career #doctor

Cemre G.’s Avatar
Cemre G. Jan 31, 2020 370 views

What would be the best path to be a Genetic Engineer?

#genetic #engineering #biotechnology #science #lifescience

Tina G.’s Avatar
Tina G. Jun 25, 2019 465 views

Biotechnology vs Biomedicine vs Bioinformatics

Hello everyone, i'am a non-traditional student and i'am transferring to a for year with an ultimate goal of applying to Medical school. However, I'am having a difficult time choosing a transfer major, at my home institution I've already completed a large majority of science courses from...

Jordan S.’s Avatar
Jordan S. May 28, 2019 498 views

What does a biotechnologist do?

#biology #science #biotech #biotechnology

Emmanuel R.’s Avatar
Emmanuel R. May 28, 2019 376 views

Where do Biotechnology workers usually work?

#biotechnology #work

Oscar V.’s Avatar
Oscar V. May 28, 2019 354 views

Do biotech workers only work in labs? Or do they work in other places?

#biology
#biotechnology

Daniel R.’s Avatar
Daniel R. May 28, 2019 337 views

Can you advance in biotechnology

#biotechnology

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Mar 05, 2019 367 views

How prominent are technology questions on the MCAT in comparison to strictly biological questions?

#tech #biology #MCAT #doctor #med #medicine #medschool #physician #science #biotechnology #exam

Aleksandra B.’s Avatar
Aleksandra B. Mar 05, 2019 390 views

How has biotechnology recently changed your life as a doctor?

#tech #doctor #physician #med #medschool #medicine #bio #biotechnology

Ahlyia L.’s Avatar
Ahlyia L. Aug 27, 2018 621 views

What are the challenges I may face pursuing a career in science, and how can I stand out among the rest?

For my first two years in high school I have been studying biotechnology and I have been working diligently in preparing myself for college and the workforce. Though I have not decided on an exact career, I am deeply considering one within forensics, pharmaceuticals, or in the space exploration...

Rhea K.’s Avatar
Rhea K. Apr 22, 2018 578 views

As someone who has a degree in biomedical engineering or works in the field, what types of jobs are available with the field becoming more and more popular daily and jobs becoming scarce?

I am currently a junior in high school considering biomedical engineering and want some more information for potential careers and general career advice.

#biomedical-engineering #biotechnology #biomedical

Fathima M.’s Avatar
Fathima M. Jan 17, 2018 489 views

What should I expect when it comes to sexism and racism in the STEM field, because I know it's quite pervasive in the US?

I'm South Asian, muslim, and a woman, and so far I've not experienced a lot of sexist or racist treatment, but I expect I'll run into it eventually. Is there any ideology I should keep in mind, or any resources I should look into?

#racism #sexism #biology #biotechnology #women-in-stem

Fathima M.’s Avatar
Fathima M. Jan 17, 2018 479 views

How do I blend visual art and writing skill with my biotechnology degree for a career?

Ever since I was a kid, I was constantly stuck between wanting to be an artist, a writer, or a scientist. There must be some way to have all these things in my life, but I'm not really sure since I want to be a microbiologist or parasitologist. #biology #biotechnology #molecular-biology...

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 583 views

How does it look to future employers if you work in a different field for a while?

I am hoping to pursue a career in biomedical engineering. However, I will likely work in an electrical product engineering position for a non-biomedical company following graduation. How will biomedical companies I apply for in the future see this? Will this experience help me or will they...

Kristen O.’s Avatar
Kristen O. Jan 17, 2018 2576 views

What industry areas of Biomedical Engineering are the best for recent college graduates hoping to pursue a lifelong career in biomedical product engineering?

I am hoping to pursue a career in Biomedical Engineering. Since this field is so broad and full of various areas of concentration, I want to know what areas professionals think are the best to begin with. What areas will help those new to industry narrow down their interests and applicable...

Yekaterina Z.’s Avatar
Yekaterina Z. Jan 16, 2018 560 views

How can I get in contact with people in the profession I'm considering?

I have wanted to become a biomedical engineer for many years, but there are many times when I wonder whether I would truly thrive in this career. I would love to shadow a biomedical engineer, especially as I want to declare my major in college as soon as possible. Is it rude or unacceptable for...

Emily L.’s Avatar
Emily L. Jan 10, 2018 358 views

What are the best places for a biochemistry/biotechnology internship?

I am a 9th grader that has been interested in this field for a very long time. I know that work experience is quite valued, but don't know where the best internships lie. At least, the best ones in my area. To give a bit more detail about what I'm interested in, I'd like to do something with...

Carolina N.’s Avatar
Carolina N. Sep 01, 2017 359 views

Study Habits that are helpful

Lately I've been having trouble in concentrating on any subject of school. Like my mind goes elsewhere. Most of all when I have to study for a quiz or a big test what suggesting's do you have?
#biotechnology

Hailey K.’s Avatar
Hailey K. Sep 01, 2017 414 views

What are the job opportunities for someone majoring in Biochemistry?

I'm interested in biochemistry but also want to make sure I'm picking a major that there will be good job opportunities available. I really don't want to be one of those college graduates who gest stuck waiting tables because they can't find a job! #research #biotechnology #science

Quynh V.’s Avatar
Quynh V. Sep 01, 2017 747 views

How do I know if I'm fit to be a biologist?

I really like biology and would like to go into the biomedical field, but I don't know if I am right for it. #bio #science #stem #biology #biotechnology

Cristia W.’s Avatar
Cristia W. Sep 01, 2017 597 views

What are some good biotech/biomedical companies in the Long Beach/Orange County area?

I am looking to enter this field upon my college graduation in 5 years and want to start looking into some great companies! Help is much appreciated! #biology #biotechnology #biotech #industrial-biotechnology #biomed #biomedical-engineering #biomedical #science

Abigail W.’s Avatar
Abigail W. May 30, 2017 737 views

What are some relevant careers involving biology or chemistry and what should I major in to enter those careers?

I know I'm interested in a career in biology or chemistry or both, but I don't know what major I should choose to have flexibility in choosing careers in both fields. I want to enter a high-paying career that will not expire in the near future. Or maybe my uncertainty as a junior in high...

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Apr 04, 2017 808 views

what is the scope for biotechnology?

i want to know how the career opportunities will be like 10 years from now. i am looking for career after i take up BSc. (and not BTech)biotechnology. plps answer fast #biology #career-counseling #career-choice #biotechnology #molecular-biology #future-careers #bioengineering...

Brian M.’s Avatar
Brian M. Mar 28, 2017 1118 views

I'm currently a Biology, Wildlife&Conservation Science, and Film major. Should I switch to engineering, computers, or something along those lines?

I'm currently a Biology, Wildlife&Conservation Science, and Film major. I'm mildly regretting not majoring in computer science, engineering, or something along those lines, but I'm already a junior. I'm performing poorly in my classes lately...I'm a smart person, I've just been unmotivated...

hazel W.’s Avatar
hazel W. Mar 28, 2017 711 views

which college/university is good for biotechnology?

i have at last decided that i would pursue biotechnology for sure. Now the question is which college/university should i apply for ? i also need some advice about which course should i take : bsc(biotechnology) , medical biotechnology, molecular biotechnology or genetic engineering . my aim is...

Mary H.’s Avatar
Mary H. Mar 21, 2017 810 views

Is it possible to study Medicine after undertaking a bachelaor deree in Medical Laboratory science and Biotecnology?

I study Chinese in Taiwan and after I finished my one year of studying Chinese language I want to study Medical Laboratory Science and Biotechnology because it is the only program offered in English besides engineering courses. However my dream is to study Medicine. #medicine #biotechnology...