Career Questions tagged Researcher

Fiepre C.’s Avatar
Fiepre C. Oct 08 74 views

What can I do to research and travel?

I’m leaning towards going into the STEM field and researching DNA. Maybe even research with psychology, nothing is concrete right now but I’m really interested in researching. But I also want to travel around the world while researching so my question is how can incorporate the two? I...

#psychology #research #researcher #science #travel

Makari J.’s Avatar
Makari J. Aug 14 177 views

What advice do you have for students looking for internships in stem?

I have been applying to many different internships. Some research and some other positions, however I have been having difficulty getting call backs or responses. Do you have any advice about how I can increase my chances of being accepted? #collegeintern #researcher #tech #college #science #...

#engineeradvice #engineer

Kurt E.’s Avatar
Kurt E. Jul 29 76 views

How to incorporate undergraduate research into college life?

I’m a rising senior researching ways to get involved around campus. One thing that I notice is that it is frequent for undergrads to assist in research with their professors, or to conduct their own. I was wondering how do students manage to balance their academic and social life while doing...

#july20 #researcher #research #college #undergraduate

Nailiah S.’s Avatar
Nailiah S. Jun 28, 2018 283 views

Do you have any suggestion on what my qualitative research about financial literacy would be about?

I'm having a hard time looking for good thesis statement, and you may have your past research that you could share to me. #research # #researcher #highschool #financial-literacy #management #finance...

Jade M.’s Avatar
Jade M. May 16, 2018 393 views

How to find unique internships or research experience?

I have really wanted a bit more solid work experience over the summer that can make me stand out as a candidate for future jobs or potentially to med schools. I know so many people that get internships or research experience over the summer, but I have no idea where to find these opportunities....

#work-experience #research #researcher #resources #internships

Ivy A.’s Avatar
Ivy A. Oct 19, 2016 513 views

What do you find is the hardest part of any research in the STEM field?

I am very interested in researching marine science, but I have heard several different views of becoming a researcher. Some people say that it is slow and tedious, but others say that it is extremely gruesome and tiring. I would love some different perspectives on this! #researcher...

#marine-biology

Bhavan K.’s Avatar
Bhavan K. May 07, 2016 557 views
Bhavan K.’s Avatar
Bhavan K. May 13, 2016 570 views

what is the best way to become a researcher?

I want to be a scientist #scientist...

#researcher

Ilana N.’s Avatar
Ilana N. May 20, 2016 702 views

The most exciting part of research to me is going out in the field and working with animals and in the environment, but I'm concerned that in my career I'll get stuck analyzing data and not doing field work. Any advice?

I'm going into Ecology & Environmental Biology and I love working with animals on the field and studying animal cognition in the wild or at a sanctuary. However, it seems to me that professionals in biology often spend their time analyzing data in the lab or writing grants, which I would...

#research #researcher #biology #ecology #field-work #animal-work #higher-education #ecologist

Seemaa S.’s Avatar
Seemaa S. Mar 17, 2017 390 views

What are the chances for a student abroad to get accepted to a Summer Undergraduate Research program?

I'm a US citizen studying abroad. I am studying biology, junior. I applied to programs in the states to do a summer program there and hopefully get the chance to so I can learn new research techniques, preparation for seminars, etc.. Thank you #biology...

#researcher

Katia D.’s Avatar
Katia D. Jan 15, 2017 533 views

Is it required to get a degree in biomedical engineering from to become a biomedical researcher? Or is biomedical science enough?

I'm interest in becoming a biomedical researcher and work in a lab. I'm trying to figure out what my major should be so I can plan my high school classes. #biology #research #biomedical-engineering #medical-research #biomedical-science...

#researcher

Monet M.’s Avatar
Monet M. Oct 30, 2016 497 views

Is there still gender bias towards women in science fields? If so, how would you suggest we overcome this?

I am a high school senior and am planning to study biochemistry in college in hopes of becoming a medical researcher on human diseases and cures. When I look at scientific fields, it still looks like the majority of them are male-dominant. #doctor #engineer #medicine #researcher...

#female

Samantha C.’s Avatar
Samantha C. Oct 30, 2016 481 views

Rescue Team Volunteer

How old do you have to be to volunteer on an animal rescue team? #veterinarian #biologist #researcher #boat...

#captain

Revika S.’s Avatar
Revika S. May 23, 2016 787 views

What non-academic skills are needed for those interested in becoming medical doctors?

We all know that people who go into medicine are the best of the best when it comes to academics, but I am interested in what other skills define a medical doctor and how these traits come into play in the day-to-day life of a doctor. #doctor #medicine #science #healthcare #health...

#job-skills #researcher

Mira S.’s Avatar
Mira S. May 19, 2016 691 views

What is the hardest part about being a researcher?

I just want some insight to my future. I want to be as prepared as possible for my field as a biological and/or neurological researcher. #college #science #job #graduate-school #employment...

#researcher

Cynthia P.’s Avatar
Cynthia P. May 19, 2016 412 views

Is the career of a medical researcher difficult?

I am an incoming college freshman that is debating what kind of career I want to strive for. I am looking for a career that can help people and that offers an enjoyable work environment with new and interesting things to do each day. Ideally, it would be related to the medical field. As of now,...

#scientist #researcher #biology #cell-biology #medicine

Marinda N.’s Avatar
Marinda N. Apr 08, 2014 899 views

how many degrees should i get to be an engineer/ researcher

I want to be an engineer when i get older and I'm not sure what degrees i should get #engineering #college-student...

#researcher